Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Mutant Hunt [mission]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seer

Seer

Beata Bucks : 7886

Mutant Hunt [mission] Empty
PostSubject: Mutant Hunt [mission]   Mutant Hunt [mission] EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 11:24 am

Hunt the 'Mutant' down. Kill it. Free all the goats.

That's all they had to do and yet it was almost like asking for the impossible- asking Carl and Caine to work together literally was asking for the impossible to happen.

Carl continued to mindlessly fiddle with the sunglasses that were resting low on the bridge of his nose, unwilling to lose the protection the darkly tinted shades offered his tired eyes. The excitement he had once felt at the prospect of the mission now fading to a dull nagging sensation in the back of his head- he'd rather shoot himself in the stomach than go to a hot and humid foreign country, wade through the jungle, hunt and kill some monster with his brother of all people. He thought that he had signed up for a cool, more exciting version of a vacation and not having to fight some monster while babysitting a likely piss-drunk Caine. They might as well give up and die at this point.

They had taken the first international flight to Costa Rica they could get- which just happened to mean that both brothers had to be out of bed and in the airport by 3 AM- and now they were in the back of a seedy, badly aged truck, heading towards wherever the so-called Mutant had been most recently seen, with their Guide babbling on in Spanish. The back of Carl's legs ached sharply but there was barely enough room for him to sit in the truck, let alone actually stretch his legs. Awkwardly crossing one foot over his other, Carl let his head drop back against the uncomfortable fabric of the seat, although he was unable to sleep due to the jarring impact of the old truck on the unpaved, jagged dirt roads. 

Thankfully Caine seemed just as exhausted and unwilling to talk as Carl was because the only other sounds filling the truck was the groaning of old, worn-down tires on rocky roads and the sound of their Guide speaking in Spanish much too quickly for Carl himself to actually comprehend. Just whenever he was finally able to doze off slightly, the car jolted to a stop in front of an even more worn down road that cut through an even thicker patch of dense jungle. Carl had to practically kick with both of his feet to open the rusty truck door, but once he managed to get out, their Guide began to speak loudly, pointing at the abandoned path before the two siblings.

"Tienes que dirigirte así."

"What?" Carl frowned slightly, feeling a prick of irritation over the fact that even though he took Spanish classes in school, he still couldn't understand anything the local was saying.

"Este es el último lugar donde alguien vio al monstruo."  

Although Carl couldn't understand what their guide was saying, he was thankfully able to put two and two together, and realized that the guide was pointing them in the direction that they needed to head in next. He barely had enough time to turn and face the worn down path that their Guide was pointing to before the truck was roaring away, clearly eager to put distance between the car and the so-called 'Mutant'. He let out a low sigh as the truck's practically barren tires threw up a thick cloud of dust, causing his eyes and throat to sting profusely, but all he did was push his sunglasses up further. The bag he was carrying was heavy as fuck, his legs were still cramped up, he had a headache, and he was just ready to be done with this entire ordeal. Turning to look at Caine, Carl let out a short, impatient huff as he looked at his older brother.

"Could you be any slower?"
Back to top Go down
R i p

R i p

Beata Bucks : 7440

PostSubject: Re: Mutant Hunt [mission]   Mutant Hunt [mission] EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 11:00 pm

Everything seemed to aggravate the hell out of Caine. His temper had become impossibly shorter since the addition of his lovely new wolf abilities. Apparently, that control would come with time. But for now, it seemed everything needed to test his patience. He had been assigned to a mission with Carl. Of any of the idiots that rubbed him the wrong way at Beata, his brother was undoubtedly the worst. Their fued was a life-long one and the prospect of powers now only heightened that.

The road jarred constantly, shaking the vehicle and only causing him to grow more annoyed. It took incredible amounts of self control to hold his tongue the whole way. Nothing about this so-called mission seemed appealing. Heat already caused sweat to begin to drip down his back. The feeling was disgusting. At least when they fought he would have the chance to rip off his clothes and shift. Wolf was quickly becoming a more natural form. He now enjoyed the moments where he was able to lope around on four legs. It was far more freeing than being in human form and it seemed to help melt away the constant anger that gnawed in his stomach.

The summer had next to nothing on him. Per usual, the fine silver dagger he had chosen as a weapon was slipped into the side of his pants. Most likely, it wouldn't matter much. His beast would be far stronger in handling some mutant freak. Other than the dagger, Caine wore some brand new grey sweats and a fitting white t-shirt. He pulled it off well even though it was not his normal look. Caine hated it. But, there was no point in constantly spending money on slacks and button ups that woulf only be torn to shreads in a matter of moments. There were ups and downs to the shift.

When their ride stopped, Caine felt his body jerk awkwarsly with the motions of the car. His fists tightened. Finding his silver flask, the boy threw a swig back before attempting to get up. It was the only thing that would calm his nerves for this whole endeavor. It was also probably the only reason he hadn't already shifted and lost it with the amounts of rage already coursing through him. Hatred for Carl and the whole situation would drive him on. With a little bit of alcohol and an easy shift, he would most likely make it through.

"this is a shit mobile post and I don't have time for your shit carl Why don't you shut the hell up and worry about yourself." Caine immediately snapped back to his younger brother. The tone made him want to beat Carl's face in immediately. However, he showed a rare bit of control. The sooner this was over the sooner they could go back to doing their own things- far away from each other. There was barely a second's pause when he added, "I want to get this over as much as you do, so the less we piss each other off, the sooner we no longer have to speak to each other." Caine practically growled. Between the scratchy plant life and the overall unpleasant environment, he found himself demanding some unnamed diety for a quick and painless mission. Although the prospect of tearing into an enemy was thrilling, this was going to be far from fun.
Back to top Go down
Seer

Seer

PostSubject: Re: Mutant Hunt [mission]   Mutant Hunt [mission] EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 1:41 pm

"What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secrets on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm what wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit."

why am I like this
anyways

Awkwardly rocking his stiff shoulders from side to side in an attempt to lessen the mounting tension within his neck and upper back, Carl swallowed a snarky response to Caine's words and instead focused himself on finding a more comfortable resting spot for the bag that hung much too heavily on his body. "Just hurry up and drink yourself blind already." He mumbled so quietly that his lips hardly moved, free hand reaching up once more to absently fiddle with the dark shades that easily covered the dark circles beneath his eyes.. His attention drifted away from his drunken brother and towards the dark path that loomed before them and a slight flare of irritation welled up deep within his belly at the thought of trekking through the mud and the foul foliage just to fight off some mutant that was stealing goats. Perhaps he was a bit more like Caine that he realized- he would rather chew off his own skin rather than slop through the disgusting and humid jungle for goats. Why should they care about goats, anyways? Swallowing another bitterly painful sigh that went down with much resistance, Carl didn't turn to face his brother before speaking once more.

" 'M guessing we just gotta head down that way," Carl finally hummed, using his free hand to gesture at the dark trail before them without much excitement or vigor. All he wanted to do was fight something while on a mini-vacation, not stagger through the jungles with Caine of all people just for the sake of some goats. "Maybe we'll run into the mutant or whatever on our way down the path." He stated with a lackluster shrug before taking off towards the gaping hole in the foliage that marked the trail, perfectly content with leaving Caine behind in the dirt.
Back to top Go down
R i p

R i p

Beata Bucks : 7440

PostSubject: Re: Mutant Hunt [mission]   Mutant Hunt [mission] EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 2:04 pm

"I'm not sure if you're just stupid, or have forgotten that I can hear you." With his enhanced sense of hearing, Caine could pick up on even the softest of snide remarks. The words came out a low hiss, but he didn't make any sort of move to lunge forwards at his brother. He certainly wanted too. But, if they were going to get through this hellish, forced walked through the disgustingly humid jungle, they might need each other. The thought pissed Caine off to no end. He normally did not need people and especially not Carl of all people. His one fist clenched tight and the other threw the flask up to his lips once more. It didn't matter what his brother said; Caine knew his limits, and he knew how much this would help with what they were about to do. The Summer was too distracted to lecture his younger brother right now. Carl would be thanking him later for being able to shift during this whole ordeal, and it would not be possible without the alcohol. Well, maybe Carl's presence would piss him off enough to be of help as well.

"Whatever." He growled, half to himself and half to the other student that walked up ahead of him. If he didn't need his strength to tear their target apart, he would have struck Carl without any hesitation. Later, he thought to himself, glaring at his brother silently. His eyes trailed over to the dark path as Carl's whiny voice graced his ears once more. The prospect of travelling down there was not thrilling, he had to admit it seemed like the most logic option. Carl immediately started going down the new trail. That meant Caine had to follow suit. With the gap in all of the plant life, there was less of the pressing foliage that only helped to make the humidity that much worse. It was still unappealing, but a little bit better than before. His face fell into an even more neutral expression as he walked along quietly, searching for any signs of the supposed mutant they were sent out here to destroy.
Back to top Go down
Seer

Seer

PostSubject: Re: Mutant Hunt [mission]   Mutant Hunt [mission] EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 10:27 am

shit post gomen

Rolling his eyes, Carl simply made a face at Caine in response before he turned his back on his brother and continued once more. Well it was now or never. Doing his best to ignore the stifling heat and humidity that was practically dripping all around them and how the insects constantly buzzed all around them with incessant vigor. This place fucking sucked, that much was obvious. Using the heel of his heavy boots, Carl promptly smashed down the massive leaves of a plant that blocked his path, sulkily refusing to break the chilly silence between the two brothers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mutant Hunt [mission]   Mutant Hunt [mission] Empty

Back to top Go down

Mutant Hunt [mission]
Page 1 of 1