Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

It seems... Useless... [Open-ish]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9403

It seems... Useless... [Open-ish] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It seems... Useless... [Open-ish]   It seems... Useless... [Open-ish] - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 10:27 pm

Ah Callum, what an interesting person. Probably the worst person Magic worked with. Maybe not on the mortality side of things, granted they were all screwed up over there some were worse than others. But they clashed a ton when it came to working together on things. Though Magic was almost certain there was something going on with that boy. It seemed like he had double personalities almost. Even so, Magic was glad to be away from the air manipulator at the moment.

"Yeah he is there too... Though he is a different person from what you know.." He avoided answering the okay question because honestly he wasn't even so sure himself. He knew that he did okay by doing what he was told but that was about it. "Also.."

She wasn't going to get away with the change in subject. It was rather hard to hide something like that from him, especially the way her voice changed slightly too when she did it. "You changed the subject." He responded flatly, the corners of his mouth tugging down into a small frown.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10653

PostSubject: Re: It seems... Useless... [Open-ish]   It seems... Useless... [Open-ish] - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 10:34 pm

"I see..." Adeline muttered. That confirmed her suspicions then, but while the add-on to Magic's statement made her all the more curious, she didn't get a chance to continue it when he blatantly pointed out her awful attempt to veer the conversation towards a different direction. She was nervously laughing again as she replied, "Ehehe, s-sorry." The answer to his question wasn't anything bad as much as it was simply embarrassing. Getting into closer contact with others didn't bother her to the extent it used to - otherwise, she wouldn't have done the pinky promise in the first place -, but there was still something a bit difficult to explain.

Bowing her head, she continued, "I-I could tell anyone else except you..." A heat began to crawl up to the tips of her ears, and she really had to hope that her face wasn't beet red. If there was one thing she missed about not being able to feel anything, it was that she wasn't self-aware when she most definitely turned flustered and could deny it with all of her might, no matter what anyone said.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: It seems... Useless... [Open-ish]   It seems... Useless... [Open-ish] - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Tell anyone except him? What made him so different from the rest? Now the frown was very apparent on his face. "And why can't you tell me?" He asked, trying to keep his tone steady. Honestly that very statement reminded him of their trust conversation back during their vacation and probably other times after that. She trusted him now didn't she? At least he thought so.. He shook his head slightly. He didn't need to bring up such negativity. Times have changed. She was different, she was happier but most of her stayed the same. He didn't think there was a need for her to hide from him anymore..

Maybe he shouldn't have asked. His eyes turned towards the ground. He did have part in hurting her a lot, so why was he demanding her trust in him? He shouldn't have been. She was in the right, but he couldn't take his question back. It was already out there so it was too late now. If she chose to pass it off then whatever he wouldn't press.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: It seems... Useless... [Open-ish]   It seems... Useless... [Open-ish] - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 10:56 pm

Oh. She offended him, didn't she? "I... I uhm..." How should she explain herself without being outright truthful about it? Was there any way to speak a half-truth at all? Couldn't she just try to pass it off like she normally did? But that always annoyed him so much before, and if she did that now, it would only throw more salt into the wound, and... Why was everything so complicated when it came to him? This was why she wanted to talk about something else. She was comfortable being around him, really, honestly, absolutely. She couldn't lie about that. But when it came to actually being physically close, it was a different story entirely. It was most definitely a different story.

"B-b-because... uhm... I-it has to do with you," Adeline finally said, albeit a bit lamely and weakly. That was a decent enough answer? Was it enough to satisfy? Or did she leave too much room for curiosity and he would keep asking about what she meant by that? Maybe she shouldn't have said it like that. If she had worded it differently, it wouldn't have sounded like it was his fault about why she wouldn't say why. With that thought in mind, she quickly added on, "It's... just... me being stupid." Why did she have to make such a big deal out of the smallest of things and go to such lengthy theatrics all the time?
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: It seems... Useless... [Open-ish]   It seems... Useless... [Open-ish] - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Fuck. He didn't want to press her anymore, but when she brought up that it had to do with him it only made him more curious. He couldn't leave that alone, he had to ask. And how did her being stupid have to do with this? He didn't understand and his curiosity was eating away at him. "What do you mean?" He asked turning his head to the side to look at her. Noting that she looked somewhat flushed he thought or it was something else, he couldn't exactly tell. He was better at reading voices than facial expressions and things like that. He should be the one that is stupid here.

Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: It seems... Useless... [Open-ish]   It seems... Useless... [Open-ish] - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 11:23 pm

Die.

She wanted to die right at that moment. She wanted to stop breathing and never open her eyes again just to avoid answering the question. A quick, fluttering pace, an erratic rhythm where she was sure her heart was skipping a beat or three all of a sudden, head spinning as she reached for every last straw she could, to find a way to not reply. Ignore it, cross her fingers that it would suddenly start storming, hope that God would have some sort of mercy on her and let the ground swallow her whole, or find some sort of rescue wherever possible. But nope, none of that. There was none of that available.

Radiating like a hot pan, Adeline couldn't stand it. Embarrassment always fell at the worst times, almost all the time, and it was a weapon that made her feel like a complete idiot, no matter how capricious it could be. Always, always, whenever she was with him, there was a point in the moment where she would end up flustering herself. She wanted to prove to him that she could be a better person, to be happier, to show him that he didn't have to worry so much about her anymore. All of the time, she found herself herself rehearsing line after line to herself in front of the mirror, trying to find a way to speak to him clearly, to not be so mousy and timid. Somehow, some way, when she was with him, her face would burn bright and outshine the sun, and her mind would scatter itself like a scared rabbit when she needed it most.

It wasn't a lie - there was no way to deny it. For the longest time, she had always been a terribly awkward person who couldn't speak to others well. But this. This was different. Violet eyes darted around the forest, looking for something else to talk about. Bringing up how nice it was outside, or how pretty the song the birds were singing was. Maybe the cool breeze. Anything. No, that was stupid. That was a dumb excuse to get out of it. Her finger twirled an inky lock of hair, perhaps out of habit, as she averted her gaze as far away as possible from him, face warm yet fingers icy cold.

A shaky breath. Inhale. Exhale. Deep breaths.

"Uhm..." Her voice trailed off before she managed to find the right words, biting her lip as she paused once more to think.

Fingers curled themselves up, bunching the loose and flowy fabric of her skirt into a gathering of wrinkles. "Promise... uhm..."

More time. Just a little more time to say something.

"Pr-promise you won't laugh...?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: It seems... Useless... [Open-ish]   It seems... Useless... [Open-ish] - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 11:29 pm

Whatever it was she seemed very nervous about it. It made him feel bad to see her worked up like this. He was about to tell her to forget about it, but then she told him to promise not to laugh. A promise he was sure he would be able to keep. If it was something that was bothering her that bad to tell him then of course he wasn't going to laugh, he wasn't that insensitive. At least he thought he wasn't. He leaned his head back against the tree trunk his eyes staying on her somewhat. "I promise I won't laugh." He said keeping it simple, and his tone truthful. Hopefully this would be enough for her to tell him. He wouldn't know what else to do if she didn't.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: It seems... Useless... [Open-ish]   It seems... Useless... [Open-ish] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 12:21 am

... Why me?

For a day that started out so great, she was almost certain that the world was against her right then and there to make sure that she faltered at the worst moments possible. It was something that she contemplated a lot, during the course of her visit to Italy.

Family, friends, the academy.

How remarkable and admirable, her just and amazing her brother was, how he was someone who would rise to the top 1% in the world and make a huge difference just from how extraordinary he could be. How energetic and enthusiastic Aspen had been, constantly a bundle of happiness ready to explode at any moment. How cheerful and carefree Barry had been, always moving at a quick pace but willing to slow down for those he cared about, to take things steadily and carefully. How charming and sociable Jonathan had been, working hard and to the fullest extent he could to make up for her clumsiness at the cafe. How kind and gentle Leo was, being a supportive and understanding prefect, befitting of the angelic gift bestowed upon him. How Katsuo had been just as shy and timid as she was, yet he always went out of his way to be by her side and make sure she felt at ease. How enjoyable and unique the experience Beata had provided her, something that, through all of the good or bad times, the memories to be unforgettable for the rest of her life.

So many different people, all of them with their own flaws and issues, all of them bound together by the one thing that set them apart from the rest of the world - their gifts, their powers. A school that allowed them to meet others like them, to get to know one another, to compete and talk and create friendships. Each person she had the honor of speaking with was someone she would cherish in their own right and extent, no matter what. But Magic...

They had met in the forest by coincidence for the first time. Just like today. She had stumbled upon him all of a sudden, as klutzy and gracelessly as she always had, never mind how pathetic her shyness had been. The next time she saw him after that, the destruction of the very meeting place they had seen each other had taken place... Never mind all of the other occasions that the trees ended up as nothing more than debris.

She had been infatuated with Katsuo for awhile, admiring how, despite all odds, he was kind and compassionate to everyone as best as he could manage. He was someone who had taken the chance to know her, and in her own desperation, she wanted to cling to him and never let go. It was appreciation for his efforts, for how he had wanted to be her friend and how he wanted to care for her. For awhile, she wonder if she liked him. Now that she met Magic, she could say she liked him in a different way. For being by her side and caring for her, she wished to do the same for him.

"She is quite pretty. Is she your girlfriend?"

"You guys are sure falling for each other huh?"

"It really is you! We all thought you were dead after you suddenly disappeared for a couple months. But it turns out you were getting busy.."

"Oh it seems you finally have a girlfriend. Come inside."

"Are you really that far gone, Mason? Where you'd murder the only person you've ever cared for? I thought you were better than this."

"Look. I really care for you. You probably already knew that.. But anyway.."

"Sorry I don't spend my waking hours pining after her like you do! Don't even lie to me about this, I know it's true."

"Will you go to the winter formal with me?"

"You should be more honest with yourself before you see him again."

"Adeline.. I have.. feelings.. for you.."

"Isn't he a lucky one, having you chase after him like a lost puppy all the time?"

"Strong feelings.."

"Callum keeps saying we'd get along well, but I don't really like the idea that my cute little sister likes another boy more than me~"

"And I don't know what to do about it.."

How could she have been so stupid to deny it when everyone else had seen it? Just trying to protect him and do stupid things, to try and be strong to help him however she could when she was terribly weak in every aspect. The necklace, staying in his room, how much he cared about her, the flower crowns, everything else in between before the kiss... How had she managed to delude herself so much like that? Maybe she wanted to deny it, to never fall in love. Getting close to someone meant that it would hurt all the more when they were finally gone. But the experience of it, all the same, everything about it... All of the happiness, the joy, the relief that someone acknowledged her, would support her, and care for her no matter what... To be able to have that and be able to do the same. Everyone else had seen it except her, and she was the one who had been so terribly blind all this time when she was the one involved in it in the first place. At this point in time, after all of this thinking, all of these memories...

... He kept the necklace. He did so much for her. He protected her, took care of her, listened to her, and enjoyed being around her whenever possible. From anyone he could've invited with his tournament prize, he chose her. From anyone he could've asked to the formal, he chose her. From anyone he could've hung out with, he chose her.

Maybe, maybe that was why she really couldn't deny it anymore.

In the past, she would've scolded herself for even thinking that anyone would care for her so strongly. But now, after so much time to reflect for herself, after so much time away from him, she yearned for his presence. She wanted to talk to him more, to have more chances to make even better memories with him, to be able to be by his side no matter what the cost could be. Because of him, she could motivate herself to be better, to be stronger, to keep moving forward. Because of him, she felt emotions and feelings more strongly than she could have in the past. Because of him, her heart wouldn't stop beating, pounding against her chest in a futile struggle to break free.

"I..." Adeline took a deep breath, her fingers feebly clutching her own necklace. Turning to face him, dismissing the butterflies in her stomach and dispelling them to the best of her abilities, a fit of giggles burst out of their bubble, and she couldn't tell if it was because she was being anxious again or not. The rosy tint at her cheeks still hadn't faded, and she was certain it wouldn't do so for the next millennium.

"M-Magic, I..." Hah, god. It was pathetic how fast her voice was starting to shrink to nothing more than an indigo beat. "I love you."

"I-I-I mean, uhm... I love Europe... "

She was still an idiot. pls kill her already
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: It seems... Useless... [Open-ish]   It seems... Useless... [Open-ish] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Silence. At first he thought she wasn't going to say anything, that she just changed her mind. Which was fine.. He guessed.. He wanted her to tell him, after all this he thought she was going to but it seemed she was just going to pass it off. Maybe whatever it was would be said another time.

Mason looked away from the girl back to the ground with a small sigh, he could be patient about this right? Even if it had to do with him. He had to be. He didn't need to go pressing on this issues or other things if he wasn't ready.. Honestly he figured she was going to tell him he wasn't that important to her or something along those lines. After all they hadn't seen each other in a long time. A frown tugged at his lips at the negativity, but if that truly was the case... well it would make it easier on him with the AF stuff. At least up until the point he was able to get away from them. Though he didn't know why he thought this way even after she asked him to stay...

Magic perked up a little bit when he heard her start to speak, his pale green eyes turned back towards her. Her single word soon faded into a little bit of giggles. A habit she had, that would only occur if she was nervous, at least he thought that was the case.

His attention remained on her as she said his nickname. Another small pause followed by something he never expected to hear. He thought it might have been a mistake but he knew, he knew he heard her correctly. There was no way he couldn't have. His eyes were a bit wide as pink dusted his face. He opened his mouth to say something but his words were failing him. His mind not really processing what was just said. The words repeated in his head until it finally processed fully.

She.. loved him.. She loved him. She was confessing feelings for him, feelings he thought were non existent after what happened New Years. It was probably the first time he heard those words and the person who said them truly meant it. He bit the inside of his lip to keep himself from getting too worked up over it. She just confessed to him and his words were still failing him. For one of the first times in a while he couldn't find anyway to respond to her.

So he decided to use actions where his words were failing him. Mason leaned over and looped an arm around her waste and pulled her closer to him, which was rather easy because she was still small. The sound user made sure she was facing him before planting his lips right on hers, still holding her close to him. He felt like if he didn't the moment would slip through his fingers and feel like it wasn't real.

Once he pulled away the black haired boy had the stupidiest grin on his face. Finally able to find his words. "I love you too." He said completely ignoring the Europe comment.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: It seems... Useless... [Open-ish]   It seems... Useless... [Open-ish] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 8:07 pm

Magic had gone quiet, without reacting to anything that she had said, only staring at her with his pale eyes. Her palms immediately grew sweaty, moist with a glistening sheen. Biting her lip, her gaze averted from his, falling to the ground, her leg swishing back and forth in a futile attempt to distract herself. Maybe she was expecting him to laugh or tell her off for being so stupid or childish about this sort of thing, especially when there were so many other important matters that he should be thinking about. He didn't have the time or luxury to sit around being concerned about the feelings that his former roommate had for him, not when his life was on the line and he probably had to leave so soon. This wasn't the time or place - she shouldn't have done this; she should've waited for another time; she shouldn't have said anything; she should've kept it to herse--

Unexpectedly, his hand drifted to her waist, settling there and pulling her closer. A sudden movement, and their distance between one another had greatly diminished. Eyes as wide as saucers with a surprise that couldn't be concealed, she didn't have the opportunity to react more than that once she found herself on the tips of her toes, head tilted a bit upward. All she knew was that she was against his chest. As self-conscious as she felt, as much as her heart was pounding against her chest like a non-stop drum, the moment their eyes met, she couldn't look away. Lips parted, their breaths mingled before her heart came to a calmed stillness, only fluttering like the butterflies that refused to leave. Like the delicate butterfly of a kiss before the tides in her mind washed up and through every vein, to every nook and cranny.

The kiss obliterated every thought. Gone were the worries and anxieties that plagued her of her decision, her carelessness, and her stupidity. Locked into the present, the worries of the day evaporated like the morning dew fading into the sky as time passed by. Her usual sense of restlessness from one thing to the next suspended itself, and all of a sudden, she didn't want it to end as their lips brushed past each other. Soft and gentle was his caress, only to become more firm, snapping the possibility away that this was simply a dream.

When he pulled away, she almost wanted to repeat the gesture again, but instead, her focus reverted back to her blushing pink face. Feeling almost awkward, demure, and coy, her hands raised themselves to hide the rosy features behind her fingers, the tormenting red unwilling to leave. He had returned the statement, a light feeling welling up in her chest as Adeline did her best to return the smile to him. To see him grinning like that, she couldn't help but do the same, to watch the curve write itself over his face with a sort of relief and joy. A kiss, sweet like no other, to tell her that someone loved her and would remember her.

Any words she wanted to speak were lost and caught away in her throat, but despite all of the times she wished she weren't so silent, she fully embraced it now. There was no need for words. Just look and move forward. Flustered, her eyes immediately moved away after a subconscious voice told her she was staring too long. It didn't take her very long to shyly shoot him another sidelong glance.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: It seems... Useless... [Open-ish]   It seems... Useless... [Open-ish] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 9:05 pm

Magic pressed his forehead to hers just enjoying the silence, and her presence so close to him. He has had people close to him before but this was different.. This was very different and at the same time so much better than the others. She actually loved him.. God he still couldn't get over the giddiness he felt. He was actually happy for the first time in a long time. He didn't want the moment to end. If he could just hold her close to him for a while longer, and just spend time with her he would be happy for the next couple of weeks.

But it had to end. And of course it had to be them to ruin their moment. He flinched when a device in his pocket went off. The sound not only hurting his ears, but made a rock sink in his stomach. Magic let go of Adeline, and pulled a phone out of his pocket. He looked at the message and let out a small sigh. He had done nothing for the past week or so, he knew it was only a matter of time before they assigned him something else. He quickly typed something into the phone before replacing it back into his pocket.

He let out another sigh and ran a hand through his hair, before opening his eyes returning his gaze to Adeline. "They need me.." He said softly. "Look, I will be back in maybe a couple weeks to a month or so, I don't know for sure.. but I promised I would come back so I will." He still didn't know how likely he was going to keep that promise but he was going to try.

Magic pulled her close again and gave her a quick kiss before releasing her. "I'll see you around. I will be out here when I get back, so you know where to find me." He said to her. He didn't want to leave but he had too. He gave her a quick wave before walking further into the forest disappearing behind the trees.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It seems... Useless... [Open-ish]   It seems... Useless... [Open-ish] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

It seems... Useless... [Open-ish]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3