Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

SNACKS!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snacks

Snacks

Beata Bucks : 8098

SNACKS! Empty
PostSubject: SNACKS!   SNACKS! EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 10:12 am

Hi, i'm Snacks and I am new to the forum. I sort of wanted to open a dialogue to meet the regulars here, and sort of get familiar with everyone (and allow them to do so with me). I will share a bit about myself and my experience RPing...and with hope, you all can share a bit about yourselves (only as much as you feel comfortable with). With that, i'll begin.

As I stated, I am Snacks, though my friends call me "Snacks" (Get it? Cause it's the only name you know, so you have no choice, we're friends now O_O). I live in Texas, I am 16, and finished with school. I have a multitude of health issues that prevent me from going out much, having a job or social life, so the internet has long been my secret window to the outside world. I won't go into the specifics (no one cares about all them negatives) but I will share that I am mute, as it made a large contribution to my RP experience. Growing up mute, i've had very few mediums for expression. I discovered RP when I was six, and I would sit in on my father's table top RPs, with his friends. I've long had a fast mind in regards to imagination and attention to detail. This is why I graduated school early, and now have so much free time on my hands. Anyhow I would write up back stories for characters, quests, and more...both in my free time, and directly for my father's games. After I lost my parents, I got into playing MMOs and RPing through those for a few years, before discovering the magic of forum RPs. I bounced around for a short while, from one roleplay group to another, until I eventually found the one for me. A small close knit community, that was kind, understanding...and needed an abundance of new characters, for various story archs. I stayed with that group for two years, before major health issues struck putting me in the hospital for 4 months. Unfortunately, when I returned, I learned that because the community had become so dependent on the role I played in producing new characters and storylines, things stagnated in my absence, and most of the members had left. For a while now, i've sort of been moping, and lazying about. However, I have decided that it is time I get back on that RP horse, and do what I do best. However, the forum RP community is not as bustling as I once remember it being, the last time I had to look around for a group. So i've spent close to a month, searching for a place to settle down, and call my internet home away from home, with little to no luck. However, this morning I stumbled on the gem that was this little group. The site, and character bio structure (while not the same) was similar enough to what I was used to to feel comfortable. The dedicated community didn't feel over-sized, the members are active(judging by the dates) and the concepts for the overall story seemed interesting and enjoyable. There is a two character starter package, so I won't overtax people with my interactions, I won't overstep more than I can handle, and it gives me a way to give back to the community, by offering advice or character ideas. You must understand that, this is actually quite a big deal sealer for me, as I work very quickly. I've got journals and journals full of characters, plots, entire worlds...all designed, nurtured, and added upon by me. I have so much free time, and such an overactive imagination that I almost spend more time creating other worlds than I do in my own. I knew growing up that other people kept diaries and journals or wrote stories, but I did not learn how strange it was for me to be able to create fully detailed characters and stories as quickly as I do, until I first started joining forums to RP, and was told "how amazing" it was. Please understand, this is not me bragging, because it was soon discovered to be a real problem. It became difficult to maintain the surplus of characters and interactions, and it took me a few years to learn to...reign it all in. I am much better about not over-saturating now, however... learning of the two character starter restriction, felt like it could help me keep from going overboard, as I ease back into the swing of things. Finally, the thing that really "sealed the deal" was the fact that there are contingencies for people going absent for long periods. As I have stated, my health is not the greatest. I am currently ok, but I can never be sure when my health will slip into decline, and suddenly I am in the hospital. I can rest easy knowing that should that happen, things will be ok here. And that's pretty neat. I apologize that this got so wordy and personal ha ha, but the important thing is...i'm here, i'm new, i'm ready to join the team, and create some wonderful stories.

Well...not exactly ready. I imagine i'll take some time to read up on as much as I can take in, so that I can integrate smoothly with the RP. Thanks for having me!
Please, feel free to tell me about you, and your favorite things about this world you've created.
Back to top Go down

SNACKS!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: Off-Topic :: Random Stuff-
Jump to: