Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 10079

I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} Empty
PostSubject: I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}   I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 7:22 pm

The day was bright and a solitary cloud lingered in the distance. The wispy tail faded into a perfect blue. Birds flew south in preparation for the oncoming winter months. It was the slightest change in the smell of the air-- or the yellowish tinge to the leaves on the tree in front of the daycare. Single flowers still blossomed along the fence, waving along happily in the wind.

These flowers greeted the stroller as it turned out of the daycare. Two infants sat inside, one nearly 10 months old, and the other barely over a month. Their activities were quite different in the stroller. As one could expect, the more active and aware one was the older. While the younger squinted against the bright colors and sounds. He didn't look as excited as the other. However, occasional babbles escaped the babe. This was enough for the caregiver to know that the younger was content. The older--Joanna was old enough to express her excitement.

The caregiver himself was out of uniform, and had opted for his usual outfit of white pants and a black t-shirt. A pleasant smile was plastered onto his face as he pushed the cart along. Occasionally Leo would stop by something Joanna found interesting and let her explore it before moving on.

The shade was pulled up to protect the two from the sun's rays. It was a nice day out, but it did not stop the caregiver from applying plenty of sunscreen. That being said--he forgot to apply it to himself. Which he mildly regretted. While it was a cool day, it did not stop the sun from leaving it's mark on him. Leo could almost feel the sun beginning to cook. The teen prayed that he would tan rather than burn. A farmer's tan was less painful than a sunburn.

Other than his worry about burning, the boy was quite content with going on a walk. Even if he was doing to to avoid homework...But that isn't relevant. Is it?
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8490

PostSubject: Re: I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}   I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 7:36 pm

Mikaela was rushing after Leo as he walked with the two babies. While he had applied sunscreen to them, he had forgotten to put some on himself. So Mikaela, ever the worrier, grabbed the bottle and ran out to "save the day" as she would put it. She was dressed in her usual tank top and skirt, with her brother's old leather jacket over it. "Leo wait!" she said, finally catching up to him. "I think you might've forgotten something." she handed him the bottle with a smirk. "Don't want to get burned, now would we?"
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

Beata Bucks : 9473

PostSubject: Re: I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}   I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 7:50 pm

Pepper strolled around Roseburry, enjoying the warm sun. Her brother had just recently graduated, and she would've been lost without him, but lucky for her, he decided to run the Roseburry Pet Store, so now she could visit him when ever. Visiting the many stores, the Spring didn't really have a goal for today, except for the fact that she was taking a break from school. Hearing some voices, Pepper looked up from the sidewalk and saw Leo and another girl just a little ways in front of her. Great, all she needed was an awkward conversation with Leo. Part of her wanted to turn around, but by then, they'd probably see her and it'd be even worse. So for now, she kept walking forwards, hoping she'd be able to slip right past them.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}   I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 8:22 pm

Two butterflies crossed their path, their bright colored wings catching the children's' interest. Leo paused his movement to let the two stare up at the creatures. At his stop, Mikaela's voice made him glance behind to see her running towards him with...A sun screen bottle! The blond lit up, a grateful upturn to his eyes and a large smile. [color=lightyellow]"Thanks, Mikaela! I'd be burnt alive if it weren't for this." The blond dropped a bit into his palm and began applying it to his arms. After all, it was the most effected area thus far.

A whine erupted from the smallest child--Shepard. Who lifted his arms up and began to kick his feet. His tear ducts were not developed quite yet, so only his face was red and scrunched up with a uncomfortable look. Immediately, the father's head lifted up from his application of sunscreen and towards the babe. He took a moment to figure out which cry it was. "He wants physical contact." Leo decided, giving his sunscreen soaked hands a glance. "Do you think you could carry him until I can put on the sling?" The father asked, quickly smearing the rest of the sun screen over his face.

He ducked down to the storage compartment near the bottom and pulled it out. It was the sling that would let Leo have Shepard close while he pushed the buggie. It would set the baby at his chest and have him sat up and near the dad. That way the baby would feel content and soothed with the sound of his voice.

While he worked with calm but slippery hands, he gave a glance behind him. Leo blinked a few times after seeing who was walking their way. "Hey Pepper~" Leo greeted her with a smile, glad to see her after a while. "How are you?" came a question with a click of a buckle. The sling was set. With grabby hands he opened them wide to Mikaela to put Shepard in.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}   I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 1:15 pm

Mikaela gladly took Shepard with a smile, trying her best to keep the baby in motion while Leo put on the sling. The Summer had been making silly faces at the small child, so when her coworker popped his head back up and go the sling ready she felt her face turn slightly red. Although, she noticed that as he buckled in the sling and put his arms out so Mikaela could put Shepard in, Leo's attention had been shifted to a newcomer. "Oh. Hi there. I didn't even see you go by," she said, slightly nervous, as she placed the baby in the sling. Being so close to his father seemed to satisfy the young child, so Mikaela smiled again. She enjoyed seeing a child happy.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}   I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 1:34 pm

Well, too late to turn back now. Trying to keep on her best smile, Pepper looked from Leo and then to Shepard, amazed at how well the student father seemed to be doing with the child. "I've been doing good," the girl replied. Looking to the other girl, she gave a nod, trying to be polite. "Yeah, I was just passing by, but I guess it's nice to talk to friends once in a while," she didn't really know this other girl, but she seemed pretty nice, so no harm in chatting with them. Looking down at Shepard, Pepper gave a cheesy smile, the one that people usually gave when looking at babies for no apparent reason. "Seems like you have your hands full."
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}   I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 8:31 pm

Shepard was one stylish baby. His grandmother had sent in multiple boxes of baby clothes, most of them had been hand-me-downs from his parent and aunt. However, the woman had wanted to spoil her first grandchild--no matter the circumstances that he had been created in. Thus the child has yet to wear a single outfit a second time. Today, he wore tan pants and a light yellow long sleeve shirt.

As soon as Mikaela had approached his side of the stroller, his cries slowed to hiccups, lips pushed out in a pout. It didn't take too long before he was with his father, and his cries subsided to silence. Per every baby's development, they learned by listening a large majority of the time. Especially since at this age, Shepard could not see very far nor interact very much with the world. What he could sense exceptionally well was the voices of those around him. Not even knowing the words, any baby could pick up emotions portrayed in the voices.

Second beyond that--was his sight. While he couldn't see anything very well outside of six inches from his face, the baby could tell the contrasts between light and dark. This helped Shepard identify Mikaela from Leo. However, he could not put voices and faces together quite yet.

That being said, a new voice reached the baby's ears. His legs swayed like one's would when they sat on a swing. A small hand gripped his father's shirt and another waved a fist into the air. His cheek was pressed to his father's chest, looking out at the two girls standing near by. When a laugh rumbled from his father, the child bounced his legs again. Obviously enjoying the sound of a familiar voice and an unknown one.

"I think that is him saying hello, right Shepard?" Leo questioned, resting a hand on the mop of blond hair that he had inherited. With an ever present smile, he motioned with his hands back towards the Daycare. "Working at the daycare has done a lot of good for me. To be honest Shepard has one of the better temperament of the babies that I have worked with." The father bend his head down towards Shepard. "Aren't you?" He asked, knowing that he would not elicit a response from the child.

Pulling his head back up, Leo gave Pepper a questioning look. "Your brother is the one running the Pet Shop?" News got around pretty easily in Rosebury. Especially the children at the daycare claiming their parents would get them a pet as soon as it opened.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}   I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 8:00 pm

Looking at Shepard, Pepper couldn't help but smile. He was just so darn cute! The child seemed pretty fond of Leo, and it made her glad to see such good parenting, especially from students. Perking up when she heard her brother's name, she gave a nod. "Yes," she started with a nod. "Being given an opportunity like that, he just could resist, and think the job suits him just fine." Having Louis still around the area gave her so much relief, and she was glad that he was willing to take the job since he wasn't a very social person.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}   I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 10:11 pm

Leo nodded along to Pepper's elaboration. From what Leo had gathered from his time with Louis, he was definitely fit to run the pet store. Beyond just his powers. Which was a given for the whole animal thing, but Louis just seemed like a kind person who could take responsibility. Perfect for the role.

"Walk with us." The blond invited, nodding in the direction they were heading before the stop. It seemed Joanna had already had her fill of their stopping point and was ready to go. If the kicking of her legs that shook the stroller was any indication. "Do you want to push, Mikaela?" The student asked, gesturing to the buggie with a wave of his hand.

Once they were off, Leo gave Pepper a joking smile. "Do you think your brother will give you a discount on a pet?"
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}   I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:24 pm

"Sure~" Mikaela said happily, taking over for the boy. She began pushing the buggie as the group continued walking along, listening. She wasn't sure what to say because she had never met Pepper before and Louis was an unfamiliar name as well. Occasionally she would look down at Joanna and make silly faces, causing the baby to giggle. It always made the Summer happy to see children smiling because of something she did. Mikaela looked between Leo and Pepper as they talked and felt a twinge of jealousy. Pepper and Leo seemed to get along pretty easily. She didn't know why she felt jealous, but she did.

OOC: Mikaela is not as mentally unstable as Magic, but that gene is passed from their shared father, so it's in there. Hence jealousy. //shot
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}   I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 8:09 pm

Not able to deny the fact that she honestly wanted to hang out with Leo, Pepper waked alongside the Autumn and took a quick glance back at Mikaela who was making funny faces at the baby. She seemed pretty intent on making the baby smile and the for some reason Pepper felt a sense of relief. It was already awkward enough running into the two of them and now that this girl was out of the way, she could relax a bit. Ever since she'd met Leo, she'd felt comfortable talking to the Autumn and even if nothing serious was happening between them, she'd always have feelings for him.

Continuing down the sidewalk, Pepper perked up at Leo's question and couldn't help but let out a small giggle. "I wish," she started, a smile upon her fair skinned face. "Unfortunately, Louis isn't one to neglect the rules and even as his sister, I doubt he'd give me any sort of special discount," the Spring finished, pushing a strand of hair off her face that was dangling annoyingly in front of her eyes behind her ears, her ponytail swishing back and forth with every step she took.

Catching the belly laugh of a baby, she couldn't help but wonder how everything was truly going for the former prefect. Of course he said everything was fine, but surly caring for a baby, staying on top of school work, and being a teenager was a lot to put on one's plate? "So how is everything really going with Shepard?" the girl asked, raising a brow when she emphasized 'really.' Pepper hoped he knew that he could tell her anything, even if they weren't the closest people in the world.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}   I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 7:40 pm

"Aw, not even a puppy? That's disappointing. Maybe he'll give you one for your birthday." Leo comforted her, flashing a look of amusement across his face for a moment. He watched Mikaela make faces at  Joanna. The toddler's laughter in response to the ridiculous facial expressions. There was a stutter in Leo's step as Pepper's question caught him off guard.

Blond hair tossed when his head whipped to the side to look at her. There was a bit of hesitation, but he nodded and faced forward. His head looked down to the baby strapped to his chest. There was a waver to his smile, and a deep inhale rose out of his chest. "It's uh..." The student trailed off, a hand on the small child's hair. "It has its moments. Being a...dad." He rolled his shoulders and  cupped his arms around the bundle on his chest.

"I won't lie. It's tough. There is sleep deprivation usually. But--have you ever tried to change a diaper? That is nasty." Leo tried to laugh it off, emphasizing the point of diaper changes. "That being said, I have some great help and people who are more than willing to help. So that makes things much easier for me." He gave Mikaela a pointed glance.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}   I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 8:21 pm

Pepper slowly nodded her head as Leo talked, and kept a steady pace next to him as they walked down the sidewalk. She wished that she could've been able to relate to him, but not a kid made it a bit... difficult. Shepard was definitely a cutie and although she'd always feel a bit jealousy, she knew that this child and his father were meant for each other, even if it was on accident.

"Well, it's nice to see that you're handling it so well, I'd say you're a natural at fathering!" the girl laughed, hoping she didn't offend him. Saying things these days could be dangerous and she never knew if or when people would take her comments too seriously or not, so she never said much, just in case.

Lost in thought the two of them walked on for a while with Mikaela following behind them. Pepper tried to come up with something else to say but for some reason her mind was pulling a blank. Of course, pulling a blank while walking wasn't the best choice. Completely zoned out, Pepper ran into a lamp post and before she was able to catch herself, fell down on her butt. Ow! she thought to herself, wincing at the sharp pain that came from her scraped hands. Great, just great. Falling like a klutz in front of them, just what she'd wanted.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}   I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 7:10 pm

Mikaela looked back up at Leo as he looked back at her and she smiled. She loved being able to help out with kids. She was about to go back to entertaining Joanna when suddenly Pepper ran into a light post. "Are you alright?" she asked the girl, looking concerned.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}   I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} EmptyTue Nov 22, 2016 5:18 pm

A beaming smile was brought back onto his face at her compliment. Some may not know how tough it is to be a parent. Constant care and watch. It got tiring, and at times Leo would wonder if he was a good dad. Those times being when Shepard would cry endlessly at night, or that time he accidentally put Shepard's diaper on backwards. But having others around who help and comfort him has helped not only for Shepard, but for Leo as well.

As they strolled, Leo rested his eyes on Shepard's head. For a few month old baby, he had a surprising amount of hair--although it was a light blond which made it tough to see. There were times where Leo pulled the hair into a tiny ponytail, a spout on the top of his head. It was pretty cute.

While he was lost in thought, a resounding bang resonated off of a lamppost next to him. The blond's head whipped around as Pepper found herself on the ground. Eyes wide, Leo swooped down to her level and lifted her bangs to check her forehead for any bruising. "Well, I guess you could say that your went out with a...bang" He laughed, pulling his hand back to Shepard. "But in all seriousness, I packed band-aids in the stroller. Need one?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}   I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open} Empty

Back to top Go down

I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine {Open}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next