Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadow
Shadow

Beata Bucks : 11596

Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)   Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 5:43 pm

This was his first visit to the cafe and so far, it had been fairly pleasant. The sun was shining through the large window out front and Declan had just finished ordering his drink as he sat down at a small empty table with two chairs. Grabbing his new phone out of his pocket, he began toying around with it. It was funny how much better this one worked but he wasn't entirely sure why. Maybe because is was brand new, or maybe it was because this one wasn't getting melted by the fucking sun. Who knew. When a few minutes had passed, Declan quickly grew irritated. What was taking so long? With an exaggerated huff, the spring stood up and walked to the counter. "Um, excuse me," he said sharply to the closest barista. "I've been waiting for my iced skinny hazelnut macchiato with sugar-free syrup, extra shot, light ice, and no whip for over five minutes! What's the hold up?" As he finished speaking, he slammed his hand flatly against the counter top, creating quite a scene. He hated waiting and this was ridiculous. There weren't even that many people in here. Who cares if there was a huge crowd just a bit ago? Instead of getting an answer, however, all he saw was the ghost white face of the small girl behind the counter as she quickly rushed to get his order ready. That was more like it. Rolling his eyes and grumbling, he walked back over to his seat and plopped down again to wait in agony as his annoyingly precise order was getting prepared.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8370

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)   Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 6:47 pm

Thomas chuckled as he watched the scene from his table. He had gotten there right before the rush and still had coffee to spare. He had been there to write a report, but the blank document that stared up at him from his laptop's screen showed that he had no idea what he was doing. When Declan sat back down, the Summer slammed his laptop shut and stood up. Grabbing his cup, he headed over to where the other boy was sitting. "Ya know, it goes a long way to be polite," he told Declan, sitting down.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)   Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 4:35 pm

The voice was confusing at first but Declan didn't waste time. His head shot up at the sound of Thomas walking over to him and his expression changed from surprise to a glare in seconds. "Oh, it's you..." he grumbled at first before fixating on the actual words that spilled out of the boy's mouth. "What, you don't think I was being polite? I have had plenty of patience with this place. They have horrible service. Absolutely terrible!" Declan flicked his wrist in the air as if to wave off Thomas's suggestion. "I've been sitting here coffee-less for way too long. It really should take maybe two minutes max to get that served up, so I have no idea what you're talking about with your sarcastic comments." It was a genuine statement. Declan had no idea how snooty he sounded. Leaning back in his chair, he picked up his phone again and began to rummage through it trying to find something to do. "So... what are you doing here?" He asked, not even bothering to look at who he was talking to. It had already gotten a little weird considering this was the same boy who had melted his other phone before threatening to do the same to him. He didn't quite know what to say or how to say it at this point.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)   Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 7:09 pm

Thomas shrugged. "This isn't Starbucks. You can't expect a professional barista." he said, taking a sip of his drink. When Declan asked him why he was here, he glanced back at the closed lid of his laptop. "I was going to write a report for a class, but I've been here a half an hour and have nothing to show for it." He saw the girl behind the counter set a drink on the counter, but she didn't call a name. "I'm assuming that one's yours? The girl seems too afraid to call out a name for it." Thomas said, motioning to the cup on the counter.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)   Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 1:58 pm

Finally his head shot up as he glanced at the counter. In the middle sat a small plastic cup with the employee scurrying away to fill other orders. Declan glared at the cup for a moment before putting his phone down. "Well, they could at least try to be like Starbucks..." he muttered, walking to the counter and grabbing his drink. Taking off the lid, he glanced inside to see if it looked just right. It would have been fine aside from the nice layer of whipped cream that sat on the top. Gritting his teeth, Declan's glare searched down the small barista. "Ugh, I said no whipped-- you know what, just forget it..." Within seconds, the spring's outrage turned into a murmur. He didn't want to admit that maybe Thomas had a point, but they really could try harder to be better. Taking his cup, he trudged back to his seat before sitting down with a bit of an involuntary pout. As he sat, he managed to move past and ignore what happened in a moment. "What's the report for?" He wasn't entirely sure why he continued to speak to Thomas but since he was here, might as well.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)   Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 5:43 pm

"It's for history and it's supposed to be about Napoleon and his whole deal. I'd need a Wayback Machine to find out that," he told the boy. Noticing the boy's slight pout, he smirked. If Declan wasn't the perfect example of a spoiled rich kid Thomas wouldn't know what is. "You know, stick that lower lip out any further and a bird could land on it," he said with a chuckle. He took another sip of his coffee and placed the cup back down on the table. "How's your new phone working, by the way? Noticed you got one," he added.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)   Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Declan's casual expression quickly turned into a glare aimed in Thomas's direction when he made the comment about his pout. Trying not to let it bother him, he sipped on his strange latte only to get a mouthful of the whipped cream he really did not want. Cringing back from the awkward taste it left in his mouth, he ultimately went right back to pouting from his messed up drink. His broken spirit hurt him a little on the inside. It was only when his new phone was mentioned that he perked up a little bit. "Yeah it's okay, I guess..." he muttered. "The screen doesn't get dim enough and it feels like I have to charge it every few hours but it does what it's supposed to do. Works a lot better than a melted one, that's for sure." The small jab at what Thomas had done a few days ago had a light tone to it.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)   Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 5:38 pm

This kid just could not be pleased totally, could he? "Anything's better than your old one," Thomas said, shrugging. The Summer took the final sip of his drink and set the empty cup back down onto the table. Declan always seemed to have some sort of smug look on his face, even when pouting. 'Must come from being rich or something,' he thought.

OOC: Sorry for the shitpost I'm tired ;;
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)   Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 8:10 pm

"Hmm, I guess you have a point." Declan didn't want to admit that Thomas was right but there wasn't much else to say. It was almost annoying not having any kind of comeback. Yet, it seemed like this kid was trying to be genuine which was unusual for the spring. With barely any friends back home, he'd always been so defensive about who he talked to mainly because people either wanted him for his money or to mess with him. Should he even bother trusting this guy? Heck, the last time they met, Thomas was none too kind and the smiley passive aggressive attitude had really thrown him off. Yet now they were having a decent conversation. That was almost even weirder. Narrowing his eyes, Declan glanced at Thomas and narrowed his eyes, his demeanor suddenly changing to that of distrust. Something must be up. "Okay, so why are you really here? What's up with this... weird thing you're doing?" he asked, probably not making much sense. "First we argue and now you're here trying to act all buddy-buddy. What's the deal?" Whatever progress the spring had made into calming down and actually being happy for once quickly dissolved into a cold facade.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)   Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Thomas raised an eyebrow with a smirk. "Arguing? I thought that was just friendly banter. I have no idea what you're trying to get at here," he replied. Sure, the Summer knew that the last time they had met wasn't exactly the best for first impressions, but he didn't think it went that badly. Thomas looked at Declan, trying to gauge what the boy was thinking. It was impossible to even guess what was going through the Spring's mind, so Thomas sat back in his chair to wait for the boy's response.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)   Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 8:09 pm

for a moment, Declan was just as confused as Thomas was until he realized that he had been misunderstood. "No, I mean... I'm talking about the first time we met. We argued then and you had threatened me. Now you're trying to act like nothing happened. I don't know what kind of world you live in but that's pretty weird..." he explained, sitting back in his chair with a raised eyebrow above a sour look on his face. There just had to be something behind it. People didn't switch attitudes like that so quickly. The only time that occurred for him was when someone wanted something out of him. He'd had too much experience with that from when he lived in Colorado. "So what is it that you really want?"
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)   Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 3:57 pm

"I don't really want anything." he replied. He still wasn't sure what Declan was talking about, but he was going to play it off. "To be brutally honest, I don't really have any friends here. You're the only one who's given me the time of day. Not even my own family has come to see me, and there's quite a few of them attending the academy." He decided to be honest with the boy, but he wasn't really sure why. It's not like Declan had been exactly nice, but neither had Thomas. He had threatened him, after all.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)   Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 2:58 pm

The expression on the spring's face softened as Thomas spoke about how Declan was the only one who had given this kid any kind of attention. It was weird that this was the case since the spring hadn't really even tried. It just sort of happened. Looking down awkwardly at his drink, Declan shifted it around the table top for a moment before taking another sip, still cringing at the taste of whipped cream floating on the top. "Oh," he stated, not sure what to say to that except that he knew how Thomas felt. His family hadn't even bothered to try to visit or even call him once since they kicked him out here. "Yeah I, uh, I get that. Sucks to be alone, doesn't it?" It wasn't quite an apology of sorts for the way that Declan had been acting but it was a bit of a milestone for the boy. He wasn't trying to argue his way out of anything currently, and that was probably the best it was going to get.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)   Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:47 pm

Thomas nodded. "I should probably just get out and meet people, but you know, this time of year is usually nothing but homework." he said, moving away from the serious tone he had just brought up. He wasn't usually the one to get serious like that, but sometimes he couldn't help it. "Speaking of, why aren't you doing your paper? We're in the same class." he asked the boy, eyebrow raised. There could be any number of possible explanations, but he wanted to hear what Declan's excuse was. Partially because he was curious, but mostly because he knew that the boy would come up with something ridiculous and snooty.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)   Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Twirling his almost empty cup around the table with one finger, he watched it almost in a daze as the question seemed to pass in one ear and out the other. "The paper?" The boy paused for a minute, his eyes glancing around as if he were in deep thought but after only a second, he shrugged it off and continued spinning the cup almost to the point of tipping it over on multiple occasions. "I'll just get someone else to do it for me. Everyone likes money. I'm sure someone will write it for a decent amount of cash." The spring's voice barely left the tone of monotony. He was so nonchalant about it like it was no big deal. Of course, he didn't really care about any of the work that he did, but there was just something about the paper he just dreaded having to do. It was too much of a waste of time. Besides, there were definitely some bookworms around Beata that would love to have more work.

With a quick slap to the top of the cup, Declan stopped its spinning while the bottom of the paper cup hit the tabletop with a loud clap. Barely taking the effort to move, the spring glanced at Thomas once more, his eyes now curious. "Maybe... I could get someone to do yours too? It'd give you more time to do something more fun."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)   Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Cafe Meeting of Destiny ;D;D;D;;DD;Dd;DD;D (closed)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next