Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

BEATABALL rules

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8729

BEATABALL rules Empty
PostSubject: BEATABALL rules   BEATABALL rules EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 10:40 pm

BEATABALL
A game not involving balls

I've made a simple card game that you can supply your characters for! It involves Beata characters and a simple goal: to get more points than your opponent! The game is very easy to learn and very easy to get creative with. All you need is a board of squares and some stat cards.

BEATABALL rules WBuSx0p

Oh, there is a board of squares!

BEATABALL rules GfhsB8A BEATABALL rules HfBjr2X BEATABALL rules 81Ufd2g BEATABALL rules Btt9fT0

Oh, some stat cards!

Let me put these stat cards in teams of two. In this case, I'll do Kaya and Madison versus Maisie and Arbor. I would like to point out the strategic value of these cards: Kaya and Maisie are characterized as supports due to their special ability relying on stopping opponents rather than attacking; it's smart to pair them with offensive characters that will be able to make the most of their special abilities.

Now, how the game's played.

Each game gets 30 turns. A turn is defined by both teams using all their characters. These turns are expended if you do one of these things: move, attack, shield, or use a special ability. Let's put these characters on the board before I begin, however. The two players decide who places first via coin toss or whatever.

BEATABALL rules R4FwvEh

You can place your characters on any space along the backmost row, save for the colored space. When placing your characters, you can choose a text symbol to represent them. Here, 1 is Kaya, 2 is Madison, 3 is Maisie, and 4 is Arbor. Let's expend the first turn.

TURN ONE:

BEATABALL rules GiL3tC1

You can move vertically, horizontally, and diagonally. Let's expend a few more turns.

TURN TWO:

BEATABALL rules FDEwwCI

TURN THREE:

BEATABALL rules YnpLi2q

Three turns in, both teams have made a point to pair up their supports and offensives.

TURN FOUR:

BEATABALL rules T6cv97H

Now Maisie (3) has taken priority over Arbor (4). Adversely, Arbor (4) has chosen to use her turn doing nothing. You can do that.

Now, here, the two teams have officially met, four turns in. It is Red Team's turn to attack. But what exactly happens when you attack?

Well, the level of your character is how much points they inflict. In this case, Madison (2) opts to attack Maisie, giving 2 points to the Red Team. Standard attacks can be dealt vertically, horizontally, and diagonally. if you opt to shield, you block a character's attack completely but can't move or attack. These cannot be done twice in a row.

So, Madison (2) attacks, and Kaya (1) moves forward.

TURN FIVE (RED TEAM'S TURN):

BEATABALL rules 5P5KNdc

Turn 5, the score is 2-0 Reds over Blues. However, now it's Red's turn to attack. And they opt to use special abilities early.

Maisie (3) uses her Special Ability, Lethal Lullaby, on Madison (2). Madison is now incapicitated for 3 turns. Now, Arbor uses her ability, Magnetic Pull. She can choose to plop the opponents on two adjacent tiles, whichever she wishes.

TURN FIVE (BLUE TEAM'S TURN):

BEATABALL rules Begr6je

These are the spaces Arbor (4) picks. Madison (2) is still unable to move. Let's play out the next few turns.

TURN SIX (RED TEAM'S TURN):

BEATABALL rules RGQ3Efy

TURN SIX (BLUE TEAM'S TURN):

BEATABALL rules OtDnerR

So Kaya (1) tries to run, but gets hit by Arbor (4). Arbor (4) is Level 5, so she adds 5 points to the Blue team's score. Blue Team leads 5-2.

Now, there's one more facet of the game to teach. What do the colored tiles do?

Well, these are Time Stop tiles. Basically, if a team is down by a million or want to use one strategically, they can place a character in one of these tiles, and the turns will stop ticking down. Effects such as cooldown or incapicitation will continue to count down, but the overall game timer will cease. So long as a character is in one of the these boxes, this effect will be a thing. However, as soon as an opponent enters a box that is vertical, horizontal, or diagonal to the colored box a character is in, the Time Stop effect will cease. Adversely, if both Time Stop tiles are occupied, the effect will cease.

You can enter an opponent's Time Stop tile and it will have the same effects.

Back to the game! After 6 turns, Kaya (1) opts to use her special ability, which freezes Maisie for 3 turns. She uses this to escape to the Time Stop tile. However, on the Blue Team's half, Maisie scores 2 points by attacking Kaya before she can move again

TURN SEVEN (RED TEAM'S TURN):

BEATABALL rules Nuu6fba

TURN SEVEN (BLUE TEAM'S TURN):

BEATABALL rules PliQJrC

Meanwhile, Madison's (2) incapacitation subsides after turn 8, or the next turn. Arbor (4) should use the next turn to fall back. Remember the turn limit: if you are leading, it is a good strategy to run from some motherfuckers. Whether you win 7-2 (the score at this point) or 700-200, you still win.  

We could go on, but I feel this has taught the game's entire basic premise. This is the basic game. You keep playing until the turn limit ends, and the one with the highest points wins.

Please make cards for your own characters if you are interested. I'm too lazy to put detailed templates; so long as the card has the name, level, and Special Ability, it's cool. Here's the basic template:

https://2img.net/h/i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z322/sirtrystan/Fading%20Chaos%20TCG%20Card%20Templates/NewMagicTemplate.png

Be creative with the special ability! Feel free to add projectiles that span multiple tiles, abilities that can extend turn limits, traps, etc etc; the game is simple and versatile. As far as the game goes, if you wanna play, turn limits and board sizes are totally customizable. You could play with multiple teams too, whatever your heart desires.

ooc;; in 1899, Emilio Aguinaldo was sworn in as President of the First Philippine Republic.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12358

BEATABALL rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEATABALL rules   BEATABALL rules EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 7:47 pm

BEATABALL rules FjWeEPaBEATABALL rules U8iC2SxBEATABALL rules ETZZPff

Unbalanced and late af, but have 'em anyways.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9604

BEATABALL rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEATABALL rules   BEATABALL rules EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 11:01 pm

BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE CARDS

BEATABALL rules WPHYqYMBEATABALL rules EZvq83kBEATABALL rules QRX3ww5
BEATABALL rules L1rDVAVBEATABALL rules NzfkOmABEATABALL rules 45nMRRi

blank cards if anyone wants em:

will make more later probably if i'm not totally lazy
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

BEATABALL rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEATABALL rules   BEATABALL rules Empty

Back to top Go down

BEATABALL rules