Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Colors [open]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12382

Colors [open] Empty
PostSubject: Colors [open]   Colors [open] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 1:29 am

She flicked the ash off the end of the butt and took a long drag, tilting back her head to breathe a long sigh. Smoke billowed out from her lips in gray wisps, curling as they reached toward a sky the color of static, filling the air with that familiar burnt musk. The scent clung to her clothes like perfume. Cheap, but what could you do? They weren't the best she'd ever had or anything, but you had to take what you could get in a place like this. Jane leaned back against the bleachers and stared into the clouds. What a bore...
Back to top Go down
Mount
Hamburglar
Mount

Beata Bucks : 10917

Colors [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors [open]   Colors [open] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 1:45 am

"That cigarrete isn't very high quality. I've made better."

The quiet, soft voice had chimed in suddenly, coming from the short, green-haired figure who had made his way up the bleachers. He'd noticed the girl and decided to approach. Getting to know some people at this school would be beneficial. Befriending them, even more so.

Stavros had already noticed plenty about this girl. Obviously, she was a smoker. She also seemed somewhat bored. Unfortunately, he'd need to wait to figure out more about her. But he was talking to her, so that would help.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Colors [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors [open]   Colors [open] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 1:57 am

Huh? Jane lifted her head to look down at them, taking another small puff off her 'low-quality' cigarette. When did this chick sneak up on her? She gave a small skeptical grin, looking them up and down. "Now, now, aren't you a little young to be rolling your own smokes?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. The kid didn't look a hundred pounds soaking wet. Alright, so she'd been young when she first started too, so she wasn't anyone to judge, but what was that about making their own?

Last edited by Sleepy on Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mount
Hamburglar
Mount

Colors [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors [open]   Colors [open] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 2:07 am

"I've never smoked. I find that tar build-up in the lungs in addition to increased risk for lung cancer and all the other negative side effects are not worth it. However, a friend who decided otherwise wanted to smoke so I made him "perfect" cigarettes when he could bring me what I needed. Unfortunately, I have yet to devise a traditional cigarette that has negligible side effects, as I have since discontinued development of such in favor of other projects." Stavros kept his emotionless speech initially, but happiness and pride slipped into his words as he continued until he eventually stopped, blissfully unaware of just how much he had said. A smile had made its way onto his face as well, remaining while he awaited a response.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Colors [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors [open]   Colors [open] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 2:27 am

Oh. Oh man. They were a talker. She kept a level eye contact with them, taking another drag as they prattled on about their own genius. So this was the kind of person she was dealing with. Somehow, she blamed herself for not expecting stuff like that to come out of a kid's mouth. "The cancer's part of the packaging, honey," she answered after a moment of silence, breathing out a cloud of smoke. "That's like taking the marshmallows out of Lucky Charms. It's missing the point. People smoke to look cool and feel good. If you want to suck on empty fumes and look like an idiot, you get a vape pen." Jane ashed the cigarette again, smiling and resting her chin in her hand. "But that's beside the point. You're trying to say you invented a cigarette, huh?" She flashed them a cheshire grin from the bleachers, legs crossed. "How old are you?"

Last edited by Sleepy on Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mount
Hamburglar
Mount

Colors [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors [open]   Colors [open] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 2:45 am

Stavros started to fidget uncomfortably and blush slightly at the question. Admittedly, his appearance did not do much to make him seem older than he was, but either way, the prospect of giving away how young he was whilst talking about all of this was mildly embarassing. "I turned 13 yesterday... But I know what I'm doing. If I had means of obtaining the required materials, I would still be able to make a cigarette to prove it. I'm certain that it would be of significantly higher quality than the cigarette you have right now. I also know how to make far more than cigarettes. As I said previously I have many other projects for developing things."
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Colors [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors [open]   Colors [open] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 3:08 am

"Thirteen," she repeated with a small laugh, glancing up toward the sky. Sheesh, and they'd only just hit the lucky number the day before. That meant they were brand new. Fresh meat for the thresher. "You're right. It is cheap. I know you can't just be fibbing to impress me if you can tell just by looking at it." Jane brought it up to her lips, stopping just short of her mouth, still staring down at them. "But even with that in mind, you think you can make something better than this just by yourself?"

She pulled it away and held it out to them, smiling. Few people would approve of pressuring a little kid into something like this, but if they were going to talk like an adult, well, they could deal with a few bad adult decisions. "You don't even smoke, right? So how can you tell?"

Last edited by Sleepy on Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mount
Hamburglar
Mount

Colors [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors [open]   Colors [open] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 3:16 am

Stavros raised his palm at the cigarette, before starting to talk once again. "Because I was very studious in regards to the responses my friend and anyone he shared with had to the various cigarettes they smoked, and they also told me themselves that mine were by far the best. I also did research into cigarettes that allowed me to devise what would enable one to be the most effective, and incorporated that knowledge into my own. Through being able to smell and see the smoke I am also able to approximate the quality, which is partly why I know that one you have isn't very good." Stavros eyed the cigarette as he spoke. After he had just listed off the negative side effects and stated he didn't think it was worth it, did she still expect him to actually do anything with it?
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Colors [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors [open]   Colors [open] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 3:33 am

"Friends don't tell the truth. You're not supposed to trust the people you like to tell you things you won't like to hear." Besides, in what messed up world was a twelve year old a cigarette connoisseur? Unless this kid was kicking around with some serious smokers, the claim was almost hilariously innocent despite all the mature posturing, or maybe because of it. It went without saying that she wasn't convinced, but it was an interesting enough conversation that she'd humor him. Jane leaned forward, still holding out the cigarette pinched between her fingers. "Reading about it isn't the same as living it. You'll never get anything closer. Experience is the only real knowledge. You can't ever truly understand something secondhand." She peered at him over his hand, tilting her head. "What I'm saying is, stop being a square and have a toke. Maybe you'll relax."
Back to top Go down
Mount
Hamburglar
Mount

Colors [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors [open]   Colors [open] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 3:47 am

Frowning, Stavros lowered his hand. Admittedly, the harm from one go would be negligible so long as that was all that happened. Of course, he'd have no problem making sure that was the case. So why not? Taking the cigarette, he put it between his lips. However, as soon as he'd started to smoke it, he spit it out, coughing. So much for overcoming what it'd be like. Blushing once again after he had stopped coughing, he looked at Jane again. "I don't want to try that again." Realizing he'd been standing the whole time, Stavros sat down beside Jane on the bleachers.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Colors [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors [open]   Colors [open] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 4:10 am

She shrugged her shoulders, laughing. "At least you tried," she said, grinding the lit butt into the dirt to extinguish it. So the great cigarette entrepreneur didn't actually like cigarettes. There were worse real life businessmen out there, at least. "Everyone coughs the first time. It's an acquired taste, like black coffee. Once you get over the first hurdle, then you get to enjoy it. They're a challenge like that."
Back to top Go down
Mount
Hamburglar
Mount

Colors [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors [open]   Colors [open] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 4:29 am

Stavros nodded as he listened to Jane, before eventually opening his mouth to speak himself. "I still don't know what your name is, you know." He wouldn't mind just sitting here and talking with this girl for awhile. She seemed nice enough and he honestly didn't really care if she smoked or not, as long as she didn't plan on trying to get him to give it another shot. Stavros started to idly kick his legs, waiting for an answer. He couldn't help but wonder if she'd try to get him to make her cigarettes. Of course, he wouldn't much mind given the way things were going so far. Besides, he'd enjoy having someone to create things for. It'd give him reason to make stuff he didn't need, after all.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Colors [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors [open]   Colors [open] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 2:13 pm

She stretched her arms toward the sky, not looking at him. "Jane Grey, like the queen," she sighed through a yawn, shuddering. "And what's yours? You're new, aren't you?"
Back to top Go down
Mount
Hamburglar
Mount

Colors [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors [open]   Colors [open] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 3:57 pm

"Stavros Yount. And yes, I am new. I only got here yesterday. I got sent here because of my capability to manipulate my own mind and become extremely intelligent among other things as a result. How long have you been here, Jane?" Although Stavros did wonder about how long Jane had been at this school, he also couldn't help but wonder what her own gift was. She'd done nothing to indicate what it might be so far, but maybe she'd end up telling him just as he had told her his gift. Even if she didn't, Stavros was certain he'd find out sooner or later somehow.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Colors [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors [open]   Colors [open] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 5:22 pm

Sta—... what? "Gesundheit," she murmured, rubbing the back of her neck. Damn, and she thought her cousins had it bad with names, Rain and Ember, Roan, River, Reed, Ash, and all the rest of them. Things could always be worse. Jane looked them over again, whatever their name was. Superhuman intelligence. Huh. Maybe there was more to all that boasting than she'd given credit for. "Oh, I don't know. A year? Something like that." Where had all the time gone? It didn't feel like a day had passed since she first arrived, making her way up a stairwell to dive off the highest spire she could find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Colors [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors [open]   Colors [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Colors [open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next