Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Milord [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12409

Milord [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Milord [closed]   Milord [closed] EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 2:14 am

This orchard was her sanctuary, her haven, her sweet asylum. Dusk filtered through the trees, making shadows leap and dance with every stirring breeze, filling the earthen oasis of greens and blues and browns with shades of faded reds and burnt orange. Birds chirped in the branches, singing as they flit from tree to tree, chasing each other as the sun sunk below the craggy, ancient mountains. They grew cherries here, apples, pomegranates, towering fig trees, apricots and plums, oranges and lemons, clusters of wildflowers that filled the air with sweetness. When they ripened, they'd come out to pick them, but there was no one except them there today.

It was cool in the shade. She closed her eyes as she walked, a soft smile on her face, walking with him side by side, breathing in all the familiar scents.

"It all feels so nostalgic, non?" she said, a soft bell-like voice that didn't breach the silence so much as melded with the sounds of the orchard, blending with the birdsong and the rustle of the leaves. She was a natural fixture in this place. "Or perhaps that is just me... I do get sentimental when summer comes."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9655

Milord [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milord [closed]   Milord [closed] EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 12:27 pm

He let his golden eyes wander as they strolled casually throughout the gardens, his heels clacking quietly against the pure white marble. The warm sun and crisp air felt all familiar to him, but even after almost a year of being in Greece it had yet to feel like home to him. The trees, the flowers, the birds, they were all beautiful for certain, but it never felt quite right. "It does," the blond murmured, embracing the cool breeze as it passed them by. "But I still feel like a stranger here." His gaze cast aside him, looking the young woman over. Of course, she looked like she perfectly belonged. If anything, the beauty of the garden complimented her.

"It's not that much different in France, is it?" He paused in their walk, offering her a small smile. Once he thought about it, he hadn't known much about her at all. Didn't she get homesick? He couldn't have been the only one.
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Milord [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milord [closed]   Milord [closed] EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 6:01 pm

"A stranger?" she said, turning her head to give him a teasing smile. "How long have you lived here? How long have I known you?" Elodie gave a light, lilting laugh. For someone so far away from home, he had not been slow to make friends. How could he ever be an outsider, in this academy of outsiders? "If you are a stranger here, then so am I. A home is where you make it."

She paused as he did, clasping her arms behind her back and tilting her face up at him, her expression unchanging. "Perhaps you could say so, but is America so different either?" she asked. "I lived in a commune named Domme in Aquitaine. It is... a small place, and full of small people, but very beautiful. The town perches on an outcrop in this sea of trees, as far as the eye can see, like an île. They called it the Akropolis des Périgord. When I first saw the Académie and the true acropolis, it seemed the most beautiful place I had ever seen." Elodie made a gesture with her hands, her gaze sweeping over the trees, the light shifting in her eyes. "I have come to appreciate the smaller beauties, though. That is why I like it here. But now, perhaps, I would be a stranger if I ever returned to Domme."

Elodie lifted a hand over to her mouth, looking back to Jason apologetically, still smiling. Perhaps she had said too much. "Forgive me, Monsieur. I chatter."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Milord [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milord [closed]   Milord [closed] EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 12:47 am

Whilst he gave her his best reassuring smile, the young man had yet to be entirely convinced. It was true, he supposed he did get along well here, about as well as anyone else - but something felt strange about calling it his home. Perhaps it was his stupid stubbornness persisting over the months, but he hadn't wanted to come to Sofia in the first place. Thoughts of the towering North Dakotan mountains always tugged back at him. Home was where the heart was, as stupid and cheesy as that saying was, and all his family and some of his closest friends were back at Beata.

He couldn't have said this place hadn't grown on him in the time he'd been there, however. Jason laughed lightly at her apology, dismissing it with a small wave. "You don't have to hold back," he said in a simple tone. The Guardian had been around far worse and, unlike them, her voice was a sweet thing to listen to. "You're definitely no stranger to me."

As a show of politeness, he held out an arm for her to take before the started for their slow stride again. "You've been to America before, haven't you?" Jace mused. He could have sworn she'd paid his father a visit once or twice. He spoke on still, choosing not to linger on the question. "It's not much compared to this place." With towering pillars and the elder Greek fashion, it seemed like Sofia was truly a palace built for gods. Did that grandiose feeling ever go away? If she could appreciate the humble quiet of the garden, he couldn't imagine her feeling lost at home. "One day we might have to pay a visit to Domme ourselves and see." He paused, "So long as you promise to play translator."

He was lucky in that so many of those who attended Sofia were already highly educated. He rarely had the issue of being unable to simply talk to others in English, but as for his own language skills, you could say his French was subpar at best.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Milord [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milord [closed]   Milord [closed] EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 2:56 pm

"That is a delightful notion," she said with a light laugh, looping her arm through his as they continued their stroll through the quiet garden. "If you should ever wish to learn le français, I would be pleased to teach you. I think you would be a fast learner." Elodie walked in time with him, every step in a perfect rhythm, a route she'd rehearsed a thousand times before. "I once visited to meet your father, some time before. You have a beautiful school... If you are homesick, I could not fault you." She glanced up at him, with a gentle tilt of her head, eyes shimmering. "Madame Collytus often sends me traveling, but I should like to see it again, Monsieur. We could visit Domme, and then Beata Académie, just us two."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Milord [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milord [closed]   Milord [closed] EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 12:05 am

Jason's golden brightened at her suggestion, although he tried his best to play his excitement on the downlow. In a way, it was funny. Most guys would sell their kidney for a chance to have a small chat with someone like Elodoe, and yet here he was, presented with the opportunity to travel to her quaint hometown, and the chance to go back home with her again. That familkar longing tore lightky away at him and he started to count off his blessings to ease it. "I may take you up on that. " The blonde mused with a small grin, his gaze catching her own. Technically, he wasn't supposed to leave the school unless directed, but if he were traveling with Elodie there were certainly exceptions to be made.

"I don't believe I'd ever learn quick enough, however. We would have to start practicing right now." Jace mused, letting his gaze wander with a new curious expression. "How would you say... 'My friend is looking very pretty today'? Out of curiosity."
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Milord [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milord [closed]   Milord [closed] EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 4:38 am

"Mon, mon," she giggled, raising a thin eyebrow. That was always him. She had grown familiar with the dance, always light, teasing. Ever since he had first transferred to Sofia, he had become a warm presence in the Academy's cold white halls, and out of the many people she knew, he was one of the few where they had progressed beyond polite formality. To be anything more than a stranger was more than she had expected. "'Tu es jolie aujourd'hui.'" Elodie smiled, pausing, not meeting his eye. Though she could never show it on her face, the idea of traveling and some leisure time sparked a flutter of excitement in her chest. "Merci. That is how we say 'thank you.' It is a much simpler word to start with, I think." How nice it would be to get away, no? With a light hum, she closed her eyes, drinking in the scents and sounds of the garden, her free arm tucked behind her back. "Now, repeat after me. 'Voudriez-vous dîner avec moi?'"
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Milord [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milord [closed]   Milord [closed] EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 11:27 pm

His warm smile remained as he let his gaze traveled around the gardens, pleased that she managed to humor him for so long at least. When they had first met, she had given off such a regal, upright careful vibe - much like the rest of the school around them. He hadn't thought it worth much trying to get close to her, but after working with her for so long, it found it easy rather quickly to enjoy the time the two spent together. It only got better with each passing day. "Merci." He near-sang back to her, paying his new teacher a bit of respect.

As they made their way through the garden, a small bunch of flower happened to catch his eye. Curious, he leaned aside for a moment, plucking one delicately by the stems and spinning it thoughtfully through his finger tips. It was a daisy, one like most would imagine, with pure white petals and a sunny center. They hadn't many in Rosebury, but they did remind him of others... but from where?

He pondered for a moment. And then it hit him. Glacier. The daisies there had been larger, and much harder to reach, and the petals had been a sweet, pale shade of violet. There wasn't any other flowers in the garden he could see to compare it too before his attention snapped back to Elodie, who seemed to be in a small moment of serenity herself.

Jason had to hold back a laugh, straightening himself out and taking a step ahead of her. He didn't need to be a French expert to piece together what she was telling him. The blond gave her a slight bow, holding out the white flower to her. "Voudriez-vous... dîner... avec moi Elodie?" He threw in a small wink, for extra measure.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Milord [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milord [closed]   Milord [closed] EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 1:22 am

She gave a gracious bow of her head. He was very welcome. To learn another language was no easy task, so to teach one was another thing entirely. It was not a service she would gladly do for just anyone, but there were exceptions. Elodie paused to watch him pluck the daisy, seemingly lost in thought for a moment, but he turned back to her with that familiar warmth once again. She clasped the flower delicately by the stem, pulling it to her heart. "Oui," she said, meeting his gaze, that petulant wink. It was not perfect pronunciation, but it was good enough for a beginner. She let her smile broaden, ever so slightly, and gave a light nod. "I would love to."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Milord [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milord [closed]   Milord [closed] EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 1:45 am

The young man's face brightened until Jason was practically beaming. Of course, he had to keep calm and play it cool, but there was no denying his obvious excitement. He couldn't remember the last time he'd went out for a fine evening, that is with a pretty girl. He'd gone out and around the surrounding towns with a few friends or so, but it was obvious you could never compare the two. The blond began their slow pace again, holding her arm a little closer to him.

"La dinde... dinder... ?" His smile fell a bit, realizing he forgot what he was saying already. "...Deman alor?" Jason tried to laugh his terribly French off quietly, giving up and falling back to his home language instead. "I mean, tomorrow night then?" He let his gaze wander, trying to think of all the places nearby. "I don't know what you'd like, but I'm sure we'll fine something nice. Guessing French cuisine would be too tiring for your taste?" he joked lightly.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Milord [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milord [closed]   Milord [closed] EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 1:04 am

She smiled at his fumbling attempts, holding back a small giggle. Ah, no one was fluent when they first started. It would not help to tease. He would learn. Her own English had not been up to par when she began either. "Tomorrow night would be delightful," she answered, staring straight ahead, not meeting his eyes. "French cuisine, Greek cuisine, American cuisine, it makes no matter to me. I am sure I will be pleased by anything you choose." Elodie tilted her head to look up at him. "I must warn you though. I am what you call... What is the word en anglais? Un fin gourmet?"
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Milord [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milord [closed]   Milord [closed] EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 5:23 pm

Jason paused, understanding quite well what she had meant and wasn't sure if he could think of any place he knew of a long those lines... Well, he could think of plenty of places that had amazing food, but none that were quite up to her standard of elegance, or at least what he imagined her standard to be. "Ah, so I don't need to feel pressured any?" He asked, his voice teasing, stalling his own train of thought. He still had time to ask around and figure something out.

"Nothing personal made by yours truly then," He smiled. His knowledge in the kitchen went as far as the directions on the back of a hamburger helper box. "I'll try not to disappoint you." The guardian thought a dinner alone thought might make for a boring night, putting his mind to other ideas. Movie? Dancing? He wasn't sure. "Anything else I should be warned about, just in case I'd want to keep you out late afterwords?" He asked, his golden eyes warm and playful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Milord [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milord [closed]   Milord [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Milord [closed]
Page 1 of 1