Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Miss L [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12292

Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss L [Closed]   Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 6:08 pm

There was conviction in that. No maybes, no leeway, just a strict promise. If she let Kaya come with her, she would win, no matter what. Kayla chewed on the inside of her cheek, torn apart with indecision, before bowing her head. This was for her. If she wanted to come, then she deserved to be there to get her own payback. Kayla wasn't her babysitter, or guardian, or her big sister, and she couldn't tell her where to go or what to do, but she could protect her. As long as Kayla was there with her on that battlefield, she'd make sure nothing happened to Kaya. That was enough.

"Fine," she answered after a moment of silence. "But don't do anything stupid. If you're coming with me, you're following my lead. If you're scared, or hurt, then run away."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8663

PostSubject: Re: Miss L [Closed]   Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 6:21 pm

Kaya smiled widely, as if she was allowed to go out with her friends by a parent. She straightened up, and stood, looking at the doorway to see if anyone would come in. It was early, but she still imagined the infirmary as a bustling hospital scene of helpless patients that she'd save the life of. The place was absolutely barren, without even a patient there overnight. It was no matter. She was getting paid, albeit less than minimum wage. She looked back at Kayla, then began to wander near to the curtain that separated half of the room. "I suppose I will notify you tomorrow when I see her." She gave a long peek behind the curtain, sticking an eye into the aperture of darkness. "Could I have your Esper name, Miss Kayla?"
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Miss L [Closed]   Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 11:06 pm

There was a plan then. She'd need to prepare. Kayla's hand fell to her pocket, to the loose change jingling around in her pocket. They weren't going to lose. That's what Kaya promised, but she wouldn't take any chances, no matter what. She'd have to skip classes, but that had never bothered her before. Knowing her teachers, they probably wouldn't raise a fuss if they saw her missing again.

The question took her off guard, but she shouldn't have been surprised. It wasn't like they had any other way of keeping in touch. She glanced around the desk and ripped a corner off a file sitting nearby. Kayla jot the words down in a rough, sloppy hand, dripped in blue ink.

maplelane
Kayla Croft

She slid the paper to the far side of the desk. "There." She'd never checked Esper often, but she'd have to make it a habit from then on. "How long is your shift?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Miss L [Closed]   Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2016 2:49 pm

Kaya took it eagerly, reading over the name. Despite how short it was, she seemed to focus on it for a while, staring over it long enough to almost miss the question. Her eyes popped up. "Oh, sorry," she said with an inquisitive look, as if she were the one asking the question. "I'm present for an hour after now, and I will be back from 6 to 8 pm." It wasn't the nicest set of hours, but she liked it. It almost didn't feel like a job; more like a club.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Miss L [Closed]   Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 7:30 pm

She grimaced. "That's rough," she said, but the girl didn't look too upset about it. Slaving away for most of the night would've killed her. Kaya was made more for this kind of rule than she ever was. "I can get out of your hair, if you want." Kayla leaned back in the chair. "Or not."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Miss L [Closed]   Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Get out of her hair. When she said this, Kaya tentatively touched her hair, all the while looking at Kayla with such a neutral expression. It was almost as if she was trying to stay calm for the possible spider in her braids; she traced a delicate and slow touch down the right one, and down the left, but found no such bug. When she was thoroughly confused, she made good with the idea that it was simply an idiom or some kind of saying, or she just didn't hear her right. "I'm okay, Miss Kayla." It was her safe answer, an answer that encompassed many questions. She smiled a small smile, pressing her lips to each other in uncertainty.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 9956

PostSubject: Re: Miss L [Closed]   Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 8:51 pm

The door to the infirmary opened with a loud squeak followed by hesitant footsteps of their next patient. His blond hair was tossed, a extreme 'wind blown' look to it. The short boy looked singed. Ash covering his face as if someone had smacked him with a bag of flower. It was angled to the side which indicated the boy had moved whatever caused the minor explosion away from his face. Blue eyes peaked out behind his hair, a bright contrast to the grey dust.

On the side of his face, near his jawline was where the wound began. It wasn't too bad of an injury. The skin was irritated and had a red color to it. The pain to Chip was just enough for him to go right to the infirmary. A first to maybe even second degree burn. Gingerly, the boy tapped the skin around it, wincing at the pain. Maybe he should wait a bit longer before he tried to summon something else from a book. He hadn't gotten any luck so far. Who knew it could be this hard?

"Hi, I- uh..." He trailed off, meeting the twos' eyes. "My power likes to try and murder me." He smiled though a grimace of pain.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Miss L [Closed]   Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 1:16 am

Kayla watched her in silence, perplexed, the hint of a smile touching her lips as the girl as she reached up toward her hair. Uh... So English wasn't her strong suit, huh? She didn't say anything, just nodded. "Alright then," she said. That was enough of an answer. The creak of the door hinge made her head turn, and the smile fell off her face as she leaned back, frowning. "What the hell happened to you?" she asked, sucking in her breath. It looked like a chemistry set blew up in his face. Blond hair, short kid, a red blotch across his face. "Go sit down on a cot. Kaya, do you know what to look for?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Miss L [Closed]   Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 7:36 pm

Kaya's relief lasted an instant, knowing she was off the hook for Kayla's enigmatic idiom. It ramped up, however, when a patient walked into the infirmary. She shrunk back, almost as if to get out of the way so the real nurse could take care of him. But she was a real nurse. She silently played with her braid, watching Kayla manage him, until she was called and she flinched up like a private in his first day of training. "Um," despite the situation, she was languid in her speech, like a thawing glacier. Her eyes were catlike in their observational silence. "You look for to see if he is hurt." Was she talking about supplies? She seemed pretty serious, more so than the kid who came in.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Miss L [Closed]   Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 7:23 pm

Chip nodded quickly and moved toward the cot. With slight effort, the boy managed to sit up on the bed. His short legs always seemed to mock him. His blue eyes wondered over to the two nurses, listening to their conversation mutely. The taller and more out spoken of the two scared the blond. He remembered her as one of the semi-finalists in the tournament. That and had gotten in countless fights. The other spoke with slow English, her braid being toyed with.

He gingerly tapped the red skin causing pain shot through the side of his face. With watery eyes, the blond decided to not put his hands any where near is face any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Miss L [Closed]   Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 9:50 pm

Well, sure, but... "I think it's safe to say he's hurt," she murmured, rubbing the back of her head. "Run some gauze under cold water and hold it up to his face. Not too cold." She stood up from the desk and glanced around before making her way toward a medicine cabinet. There'd be a salve or something, but they'd also need to clean the burn. Kayla opened a drawer, her eyes sweeping over the rows and rows of bottles with a grimace. "Is there any pain at all?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Miss L [Closed]   Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 10:48 am

Gaws. The corners of Kaya's mouth twitched upwards, and she stayed in place. She had never heard of that word before; did she hear it wrong? Was it some kind of accent she missed? Rigid for a moment, she tried her luck and moved over to the closet, the one with medical supplies. How was 'gawz' spelt? She knew it started with a 'g.' Unless it didn't; she know 'pterodactyl' started with a 'p,' so anything could happen. Never the less, her fluid eyes came to rest in a tranquil pool upon a word that looked like 'gaws,' 'g-a-u-z-e,' printed upon a navy half-torn box. The red cross upon its front was convincing. She grabbed it, walking over while absentmindedly keeping an eye deep into its contents. So that was what gauze was. She'd make a note.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Miss L [Closed]   Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 12:39 pm

Any pain? "Yeah, it's not too bad, though." He put up a brave front, grinning despite the lingering pain. He looked pitiful enough normally, Chip didn't need anything else to make him look even worse. Besides the fact that his feet barely touched the ground from sitting on the cot...and the baby fat on his cheeks. Swaying his legs, Chip watched the two nurses prepare his treatment.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Miss L [Closed]   Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 9:20 pm

It wasn't anything too serious, then. "Do you need painkillers?" she asked, rooting through the cabinet until her fingers wrapped around some over-the-counter burn cream in a squat glass container and a tube of an antibiotic gel. She turned around, still frowning, and tossed the ointments on the cot beside him. It wouldn't have been a good idea to apply it herself. Not unless this kid wanted an electrical burn on top of... whatever he had. "Get a move on, Kaya. He doesn't want to be here all day." Neither did she. Kayla glanced down at him again, stuffing her hands in her pockets and tilting her head. Was he even old enough to go here? "You should be fine as long as you don't pick at it. Don't ice it, no matter what." She had her own experiences with burns, but back home, she'd never had much of a choice other than to tough it out. "Can you handle the rest, Kaya?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Miss L [Closed]   Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:30 pm

"The rest?" Kaya had been silently watching Kayla go through her nursing routine, not taking notes as much as letting herself become enthralled by her work. She leaned against an iron pole, one that latched the privacy curtain closed. To be called upon was a wake up she wasn't prepared for, and she couldn't keep from flinching. "I can," she lied, not wanting to disappoint Miss Kayla. What else could be left to do there? It couldn't be so hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miss L [Closed]   Miss L [Closed] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miss L [Closed]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next