Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Not drawing attention here (Ice)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dementia

Dementia

Beata Bucks : 8845

Not drawing attention here (Ice) Empty
PostSubject: Not drawing attention here (Ice)   Not drawing attention here (Ice) EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 7:04 pm

It hadn't been long since Ash had arrived at Beata. Only a day at the most. He was extremely good at keeping track of time but he hadn't had the opportunity to put up his calendar in his room yet and it was one of those wall sticky ones with individual squares, so he was tempted to wait until he had a permanent dorm before he put it up. It would take meticulous calculations to get up properly without the squares being so uneven. Why did they even make whiteboard calendars with individual squares? It just made more sense to have them come already put together.

While contemplating when he should put it up, Avery Gordon Ashton walked the halls of Beata, looking for something. He wasn't actually sure what. The library? No, he didn't feel like studying a the moment. The cafeteria? Not really, too many people and it wasn't really eating time anyway. He had heard about these studio things but hadn't been able to find them and was afraid his static might draw some stray symbols or other metal objects. He had a strong pull when he was particularly nervous and that was most common around new moves and boy was this close to the final straw. Luckily, he wasn't likely to move from here until he had control of his power, so despite his nerves he would be able to handle it.

Hair tied back, headband in place, the tall, lanky teen walked the halls with his hands in his pockets, a couple of stray hairs floating as if held up but a ghost or some invisible force. He walked with his eyes toward the ground, stray red hairs not in the ponytail or controlled by his static falling in his face. Normally he was careful to watch where he was going, he didn't like running into people, it set off his static and he often looked like some gel freak who didn't know when to stop. But he hadn't seen or heard anyone, so he figured it was safe to walk the halls without looking.

Something inside of him told him how stupid he was and it was proven right when he turned a corner and just about bulldozed a student right around the corner.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

Beata Bucks : 9482

PostSubject: Re: Not drawing attention here (Ice)   Not drawing attention here (Ice) EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 3:16 pm

Walking through the halls, Jake usually thought about loads of stuff. Classes, students, food, Jane... But today, his mind was somewhat blank. He had no clue why, but for some reason, he'd been really tired lately. Probably just school. Tiredness from school was given to many students here and there, although Jake never studied, so why he was tired was a shear mystery.

With a backpack strap on one of his shoulders, the student walked through the halls. Student's ran to get to class or lunch, lockers slammed shut every which way. Giving a sigh, Jake walked around a blind corner, running into someone. Most likely being the tallest kid in Beata, who ever bumped into him did no damage, but he wasn't in the mood to chat. Then again, what was his mood?

"Hey, watch where you're walking." Jake looked down at the boy, raising a brow. Is he a newbie? The Autumn was one to remember faces, but couldn't recall seeing this guy. "You a newbie?" The deep voiced student asked.
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

PostSubject: Re: Not drawing attention here (Ice)   Not drawing attention here (Ice) EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 4:30 pm

Things ran through Ash's head as he walked, mostly about the dorm he was staying in and what house he would get and what classes were going to be like. So many thoughts ran through his head it hurt and his static was beginning to act up. There was no organization to his thoughts and it was really annoying. There was no way he was going to be able to pay attention to where he was going.

There were a few other students in the halls, he could hear their chatter and the lockers slamming ahead of him, but no one seemed to be passing him. At least, none that he noticed. It was no surprise that he ran into someone, that was bound to happen. The red haired teen shot his eyes up and instantly felt a static charge race through his body and up his arms and back, lifting the hairs in the process. A few loose hairs on his head began to lift as well.

"I'm very sorry! I knew I should have been watching where I was going." Ash exclaimed, backing up several steps and smoothing his hands over his head, only resulting in more static than previous. "Uh, yeah. Again, I'm sorry. I'll be more careful."
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Not drawing attention here (Ice)   Not drawing attention here (Ice) EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 9:32 pm

Yep, definitely a newbie. The way this guy cowered and blabbed on made it obvious. "No need to say sorry, people bump into people all the time." He said in a relaxed tone. Usually Jake wasn't so chill when people bumped into him, but he may have had a bit of marijuana before school...

"No need to be careful man, it's all good. Say, you new around these parts?" Jake said, trying not to show his tired and drowsiness.
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

PostSubject: Re: Not drawing attention here (Ice)   Not drawing attention here (Ice) EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 1:53 pm

Why was it that when he was new he always did the weird things that managed to embarrass himself? It was mainly running into people but there were plenty of times when Ash had freshly move that he embarrassed himself. "Thanks. I'll be more careful." Ash said again, glad this other student wasn't noticing the static charge running through his hair. Just as long as Jake didn't touch him then there was no risk of shocking him.

"Again, thanks. Um, you already asked that. Or, a question of a similar meaning. I am new. If you mean specifically this state, then yes, way new." Ashton asked, hoping that maybe he had deduced the true meaning of the question properly. Maybe the other student really had accidentally asked the same question again. Adding to his answer reassured him that he may have answered properly.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Not drawing attention here (Ice)   Not drawing attention here (Ice) EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 6:31 pm

Leaning against the wall, Jake put his hand in the air, motioning for the boy to stop talking. But he did have a point... Didn't I already ask that? Eh, mustn't have been paying attention. "If you need help finding your way around, ask me. Have any girl problems, ask me. Need someone to hook ya up with some smokes, ask me. But your life's story, I don't give a damn." He replied in an very uninterested tone. Most new kids were nervous, but Jake always hated how they stuttered and such.

"The name's Jake Baxter." The tall student held out his hand. The least he could do was be polite.
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

PostSubject: Re: Not drawing attention here (Ice)   Not drawing attention here (Ice) EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 9:05 pm

Oh, he knew it! He knew he was embarrassing himself by talking so much but he felt he needed to explain why he wanted a clarification. Although he would have thought it obvious, he had run into so many people who asked for explanations that giving one just became a habit. Darn habits, they were impossible to break and made him constantly embarass himself. "I think at this point I know where everything is. I'm pretty good at memorizing. Um, I don't think I'll need girl help, but thanks for the offer. And I definitely don't want smokes." Ash didn't thank Jake for the last offer, he wasn't what effect his static would have on smoking, but he didn't want to try. Plus, it could be deadly!

"I'm Ashton. Everyone calls me Ash. I apologize, but shaking my hand probably isn't a good idea." Ash said, feeling awful for not shaking Jakes's hand. It was so properly polite he didn't want to make Jake think he was impolite. But he was so nervous and awkward and embarrassed shaking Jake's hand could be devastating. For his social life and the feeling in Jake's hand.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Not drawing attention here (Ice)   Not drawing attention here (Ice) EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 8:26 am

Your loss then. He wanted to say aloud be decided to stay quiet. "Well, Ashton. Nice to meet ya." Jake was a bit curious as to why he couldn't shake this guys hand, although it most likely had to do with his power. "So tell me Ash, does not shaking my hand have anything to do with those sparks coming from your head?" He raised a brow. "Don't think I didn't notice 'em when you got nervous and started blabbing on." The tall student chuckled, leaning against the wall, arms crossed.
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

PostSubject: Re: Not drawing attention here (Ice)   Not drawing attention here (Ice) EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 12:16 am

Shaking hands was one thing Ash wished he could do. It was awkward meeting people for the first time and trying to communicate that it would be a bad idea. At least here he could easily explain why and no one would be confused. "It's nice to meet you too." He said, adding a smile, glad Jake was a pretty cool person.

Wait, what? "Sparks?" He asked, raising his hands to his head and feeling small charges prick his fingers. It wasn't as big of a deal to him because he was already super charged. "I've never looked in the mirror when I was charged so I guess I've never considered I sparked." Ash stated absently, running his fingers across his hair again.

"And yes, you're right. I get nervous easily, obviously, and I have the gift of static charge. I say this sarcastically because it makes life difficult. When I'm particularly nervous, like literally running into a complete stranger in a new place doing something I know I shouldn't, I get super charged. The charges are never deadly, that would be awful. But you could lose feeling in your hand for a while." Ash went on a spiel about his power, something he didn't normally get to do. He was finally somewhere where it was normal to shock everything and cling to all cloth. Although his power was not one he knew anyone else had, it still wasn't the strangest one he had heard of.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Not drawing attention here (Ice)   Not drawing attention here (Ice) EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 9:07 am

Listening to the student, he was somewhat intrigued. There was a girl that had lightning and this guy's gift was like a baby compared to her. Although Ash said it wasn't deadly, Jake absolutely hated getting shocked when he accidentally rubbed his socks against carpet. "That's cool." The tall student said, a small grin growing on his face. "I have mechanical transformation." Within a moments notice, Jake's arm turned into a robot like arm. "Unfortunately, my leg is permanent." He added although it was barely visible under his school uniform.

Btw, with his power, imagine Transformer noises >< (also sorry for shit post)
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

PostSubject: Re: Not drawing attention here (Ice)   Not drawing attention here (Ice) EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 6:23 pm

Static shock was not a fun game to play, especially for Ash. People avoided touching him because of it and he was afraid what his first kiss would be like. Yes, he had not been kissed. It was something he was holding off for someone he knew really well. Mostly because he felt touching was a special act for two who really liked each and because if he knew them really well he wouldn't shock their lips mid kiss. Though there was a chance literal sparks would fly, it would be less likely with someone he knew really well.

"It's okay, better than some of the other powers I've hear of. Though, living with constant static shock is a bit like a curse." People always made fun of him, most just thought he had bad luck with static electricity. It made interacting with others a bullying opportunity. 'Don't touch Sparky, he'll shock you!' they would always say. At least here he would learn how to control it.

Ash watched in awe as the other boy transformed his arm into a robot. Or, well, a robot arm. "Now I'm really glad I didn't touch you." He said in awe as he looked at the arm. Then Jake mentioned his leg being permanent. He was, for the second time, glad he hadn't touched Jake. Metal was an amazing conductor of electricity and even if his shocks were small, they'd reach further on Jake because of his metal. "If you don't mind my asking, why is your leg permanent?" Ash asked, kind of warily, unsure if it was touchy or not. The way Jake had mentioned it made him believe it wasn't, though.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Not drawing attention here (Ice)   Not drawing attention here (Ice) EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 1:27 pm

Jake gave a small chuckled to Ash's comment and his arm turned back to normal. Jake had never been someone to share his past, even his dorm mates knew very little about it. But for some reason, he had a good feeling about Ash, like he could trust him. Besides, Jake didn't have many "friends", maybe knowing this guy would be good for him?

"Well, it's kinda hard to explain." He started but stopped himself. Who am I kidding, it's pretty straight forward. But whatever, might as well spare him the gory details. "Long story short it was chopped off when I was a kid." He said coolly, since there wasn't much else to say at the moment. "I mean, it was a bigger deal back then, but now, I guess I've gotten used to it."
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

PostSubject: Re: Not drawing attention here (Ice)   Not drawing attention here (Ice) EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 8:17 pm

It was a good thing that Jake was being pretty nice. It had seemed, at first, that Jake would be one of those stereotypical cool guys that didn't accept weird, awkward people like him. But Jake had laughed at what he had said and Ash was starting to relax. The sparks in his red hair would begin to die down the longer he spoke to Jake and the more comfortable he became.

Ash nodded at what Jake said but didn't interrupt. Wait, chopped off? He said it as if it was nothing, like it didn't hurt and as if...someone else had done it. Ash laughed nervously at Jake brushing it off."Ah, I guess that makes sense. Putting a few years between you and something bad do tend to have that effect." Ash didn't have any experience with that, but he figured it made sense.

They had run into each other and started talking and then there was nothing much else to be said. Ash began to panic again. Was he supposed to keep talking? Or should he leave Jake to whatever it was he had been doing before? "So, uh, been here long?" In a moment of panic he chose the first option. It couldn't hurt, right?
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Not drawing attention here (Ice)   Not drawing attention here (Ice) EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 10:50 pm

"Maybe a year or two, can't really remember. I mean, time flies when you're having fun, right?" He chuckled. Checking his wrist watch, the tall student realized he'd better head off to class. And get this pot smell off of me... "I hate to rush off, but I better get to class." Starting off, Jake turned around. "See ya 'round." He added coolly and before another word could be spoken, he turned the corner and was on his way to the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

PostSubject: Re: Not drawing attention here (Ice)   Not drawing attention here (Ice) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 4:54 pm

Was Beata really fun? Ash had never thought of school as fun, but maybe it was. Although Jake had laughed, so maybe he was joking. Still.... "Either way it's longer than me." Ash laughed nervously, not sure what he was contributing to this conversation.

It seemed Jake was trying to get to class. Maybe it was a bit judgmental, but Jake hadn't really struck him as the type worried about being to class on time. But it appeared he had been wrong. "Of course, I probably should too." That was when he realized he was probably going to be late. And he had barely arrived.

"Yeah, see ya!" Ash exclaimed as he walked around Jake and headed toward his class. Hopefully he wasn't late.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not drawing attention here (Ice)   Not drawing attention here (Ice) Empty

Back to top Go down

Not drawing attention here (Ice)
Page 1 of 1