Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9631

Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] Empty
PostSubject: Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]   Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 9:55 pm

"Serenity, put the glitter back where you found it! Florence, stay out of the moon sand, and oh - I just stacked those books..." The taker of the daycare sighed, smiling uneasily and allowing herself to turn away for a few moments. She wished she could have simply let them go outside to play on the playgrounds, but alas, it was raining - and still too cold and slipper to send them out on their own. Perhaps she could put a movie on? That would keep them distracted for a while.

Berlin was keeping busy playing with his cards and thankfully the baby was cooing softly in her crib, not seeming to mind the noise all too much for the moment. She'd sent Hosa to the store to buy lunch supplies and snacks, and was left with little idea of when she'd be back. Harmony's eyes kept flickering towards the door.

He was supposed to show up at any moment. Hopefully, he didn't forget, or think he could skip out on his new duties.
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 10049

PostSubject: Re: Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]   Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 4:54 pm

The to-be father did not forget. Despite his nervousness with taking care of children, Leo found himself excited. The only child Leo ever had to take care of was his sister, who wasn't that much younger than him. So the blond had little to no experience with them. Good practice for his own kid. Therefore, he was determined to be on time. Originally he planned on being ten or so minutes early, but was prevented due to the loss of a particular item.

Not that he lost it, no. But when he went to open it, finger on the button. The top part shot open, the spring allowing it to spread open pushed too hard. Leaving the former prefect with only a handle. The top was caught by the wind and carried way. There was no point to chase after it. A quick and creative solution was to form an umbrella above his head. Made of holy light.

The door to the daycare opened slowly, letting in a draft of damp air. Blond hair peaked around the door. "I'm here." He called, gently closing the door behind him. Blue eyes flickered around the room, taking in his first sight of the daycare. He'd be spending quite a bit of time here.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]   Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 1:20 pm

Finally, the small bell atop the door announced Leo's arrival as he stepped inside. She visibly smiled, looking rather relieved as she walked up to meet him, pausing to look only at his curious umbrella. Truth be told, even after so many years, she still found powers to be a strange thing. She supposed it was a feeling that would never leave her to some degree. "Hello, Leo." Harmony took a quick look back at the kids then wandered off to look for something. "Go ahead and take your shoes off. You can leave your things behind the desk, and we'll get you settled in and introduced to everyone!"

The blonde paused in front of a closet covered in pictures of rainbows and little stick figures. She got on the tips of her toes and began shuffling through it. Hopefully Hosa wouldn't be much longer.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]   Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 6:36 pm

Leo gave her a quick nod and began to completely enter the Daycare, taking care to let any water droplets that had stayed on his makeshift umbrella fell outside as he let the light fade away. It was a cute place. A small smile lit up his face. Shoes were left by the door, per Harmony's instructions. His bag was placed neatly behind the desk. The blond took a moment to watch the children play, eyes eventually landing on the adult. Seeing her reaching, the blond made is way over, glancing inside. "Do you need any help reaching anything?" The angel inquired. It was obvious that he was tall enough to reach whatever she needed. A benefit to being tall.
Back to top Go down
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11223

PostSubject: Re: Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]   Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 9:24 pm

Hosa huffed as she reached the Daycare, soaking wet head to toe as she pushed the door open the best she could. The poor weather was not something she was fond of but thee has been little she could do when carrying two bags of snacks and snack supplies. Stepping inside, she let the door swing close as she smiled softly. "I'm back!" She called out, only to quickly spot Harmony and somebody else...Oh! Her blue eyes lit up, recognizing Leo. Ah, so he was the new member of the Daycare team. She has heard about a new person working here, but she hadn't bothered to learn why. It was their business after all. She dropped the bags off, removing her shoes before retrieving the bags. With a smile, she headed over to Leo and Harmony. "Hello there!" she greeted to Leo with a smile. "I'm Hosa, it's nice to meet you."

Occ: Posting from my phone so sorry of post isn't my best.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]   Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 12:30 am

The struggles of shortness. She'd always thought her fun size was adorable and something she treasured, it helped in tons of things over the years, like for her ballet hobby or hide and seek with the kids, or just in general squeezing into tight places. But at times like these, it would be helpful to have a few more inches. Or a stool. Or a tall guardian and a tall young man to help her. "I think I've got it," Harmony stayed determined, getting on the very tips of her toes, her fingers brushing against the end of an old plastic bag. Her fingers finally pinched the material. "I've got it!"

It was then that Hosa had made her return, calling out the arrival and startling her a bit. "Welcome back Ho- oh, shoot!" The bag fell, and while she managed to catch it in her arms, a few more things came tumbling down with it; a few old plastic bottles, an teddy bear, a small box of crayons. Hopefully none of them would get Leo in the head.

Well, at least it wouldn't be the biggest mess she'd have to clean up. Once her two helpers got settled with their introductions, she opened the plastic bag, pulling out a large full-body apron. It was green with deep pockets, for carrying food or toys or whatever would be deemed necessary. "You'll just need to put this. Trust me, you'll need it. And Hosa, there should be a towel in this closet if you need it. I'll be right back!" They could chat for a moment. She had someone to fetch.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]   Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 7:07 pm

Luckily for Leo, he had turned to look at Hosa just in time to avoid a crayon box that was hellbent on hitting his head. A multitude of thuds came from Harmony's accident. The new helper turned on his heels to see the results of the woman's efforts. Immediately, he bent down to begin picking up the dropped objects. A few crayons would definitely have been broken with the way the box fell. With the box and bear in hand, Leo stood back up and faced Hosa. It did not take much effort for the blond to recognize the graduated student turned guardian standing there.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Leo." The angel responded. She had been the Autumn prefect before he and Keirsta, won the summer tournament the last summer and graduated shorty afterwards. While Leo hadn't talked to her very much before, it wasn't like she was someone he could forget easily. Who knew she was working at the daycare?

Hearing Harmony speak up, the blond quickly turned around and accepted the green apron with his left hand. His right was occupied by a few of the dropped items. Once she left, Leo moved to the closet and began putting the items away were he thought they may have been placed. Once the mess had been cleaned up, Leo shut the door and turned back to Hosa. "I'll be helping out here for a while."

At the thought, a green apron was held out in front of him and pulled over his clothes.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]   Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 3:07 pm

Hosa flinched when the items came tumbling down, a bit relived to see that nobody got hit by any items. She brushed the wet hair from in front of her face as Leo moved to pick up some of the items. The Guardian smiled back at him as he turned to greet her, before blinking as Harmony spoke up as she handed an apron to the new helper. "Alright~" she said as she was informed where a towel was before turning to look back at Leo as he finished putting the objects away. "That's fine with me," she responded with a smile. "Another pair of hands is always welcomed."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]   Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 9:34 am

It hadn't been long at all before the rest of the daycare had noticed the newcomer's presence, as well as Hosa's exciting return from the intimidating, rainy land known as the outdoors. Beaming, Serenity set most of her toys aside and ran up to them both, bouncing around on the tips of her toes. "You're back, you're back! Grinning from ear to ear, she practically pounced onto poor Hosa, throwing her arms around her. "Can you turn into a dragon now? Or a cat?! Or a bird? I love birds, they're so cute!" Not minding at all if the Guardian was a little damp, she took a step back, finally noticing the young man standing nearby. She looked to him, then to Hosa, then to him again. "Is that your boy friend?" She asked, looking at Leo expectantly. "Are you?"

don't you love kids?

Just in time to see the little get together, Harmony reappeared with a few blankets and a small baby swaddled in her arms, who couldn't have been more than a few months old, with soft auburn hair and warm eyes. The caretacker laughed quietly to herself, holding off on the final introductions to shoot the three of them a look of amusement. "Sorry about her," she apologized quietly.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]   Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 7:31 pm

A soft smile crossed Leo's face as the girl barreled herself into Hosa. The child seemed very excited to see her. Blue eyes shifted up to watch Hosa. Leo remembered the girl's power, and how she had beaten Mason by turning into a dragon. A dragon of all things! The blond was just about to think about the past Summer tournament when the girl's attention was turned to him.

Immediately, a blush covered his face and the blond stuttered in protest. He shook his head rapidly. A sheepish laugh escaped his mouth. "N-no. She's not my girlfriend." The angel immediately thought of Keirsta and a warm smile slipped back onto his face. Harmony's reappearance was very much welcome. The blond turned to see the babe in her arms.

Inhaling, he took a step closer to see the child. There was a look of awe on his face, blue eyes practically sparkling. "They're so small." Leo whispered, giving the woman a glance. "Who are they?" He asked, his previous embarrassment vanishing into thin air.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]   Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 4:14 pm

Leo looked so completely starstruck that the woman had to laugh lightly under her breath, taking a few steps closer and holding the infant up higher so the young man could get a better look of her. "This is my niece, Joanna." Harmony explained gently, rocking her a bit before smiling up at Leo. "Would you like to hold her?" Carefully, she held the little bundle out for him as she yawned and cooed.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]   Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 4:22 pm

A small laugh escaped Hosa when she saw Serenity come bounding toward her, leaning down to meet the child's hug halfway. "Indeed I am back," she said with a smile, which faded slightly when Serenity started to beg her turn into an animal. "Can it away until later?" Her question drifted off however when Serenity changed her gaze to Leo and asked if they were dating.

A soft blush flickered onto the Guardian's face, turning to look at Leo as he laughed softly. She stood up as Leo stated that they were not in fact together, ruffling the young kid's hair. "If I do get a boyfriend, Serenity, you will be the first to know," she cooed softly before glancing up as Harmony returned with Joanna in her arms. Hosa liked babies. They were a handful, sure, but they were worth it when they were adorable like Joanna was being at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]   Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 7:30 pm

Blue eyes widened as he got a better view of the child. Her cooing did not fail to make Leo's smile wider. He gave the woman a nod and reached for the child. Using the knowlage of books that he had read, the blond shifted his arm behind the infant's head. It was slightly uncomfortable for Leo at first. He wanted to be gentle, and treated touching the child like one would fragile glass. After a little bit of movement, the angel found the correct position. "Am I holding her right?" He asked Harmony, giving her a glance up from Joanna. He didn't want to hurt the young infant, at the thought, he became nervous.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]   Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 11:32 pm

The small girl blew the bangs out of her face, seemingly disappointed she was being made to wait until later, goodness forbid. And on top of that, this neat-o blonde dude wasn't here to be her boyfriend after all? Then why why he here? Boys never liked to babysit her and the other kids, as far as she knew anyways. "You better, or else I'll be pretty upset." Serenity said firmly, all-too nosy about Hosa's love life.

Meanwhile, Harmony took a step back herself once the young man seemed to have a hold of the child, a warm smile flitting across her face. "You are." She said simply, "Just remember to make sure the neck is always supported. You're a natural at this." The small woman tried her best to be reassuring. Joanna seemed rather happy herself, watching curiously up at Leo and grabbing a hold onto his shirt - a rather strong hold.

With a bit few more things to sort out, the caretaker waved Hosa over. "Of course, Hosa will be here to help you too. Come here dear, I just need to grab one more thing." And with that, she was off. They would be fine on their own. Probably.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]   Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 12:53 pm

"I promise," Hosa smiled at Serenity as she ruffled the child's once more. Her eyes flickered to Leo as he held Joanna in his arms. "Harmony is right, you are a natural at this," she cooed, taking a step closer to stare at the peaceful child in his arms. "I am happy to have another hand here," she stated as her blue eyes focused on Leo. "I tend to play with them and keep them busy. Nothing like being able to play a game with any animal," she grinned before turning to look at Serenity. "Isn't that right?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]   Facing Parenthood [semi-closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Facing Parenthood [semi-closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next