Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

A Day of Singsong and Revolution

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9346

A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day of Singsong and Revolution   A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 7:24 pm

Cailín álainn? She didn't really know what that was.. She probably could figure it out from the song he just sang but the memories of it where already starting to fade. Curse her memory! Couldn't she just keep one thing in her mind for once? Well at least she was doing a good job at remembering his name... Fearghas... yes Fearghas! She remembered! "Well even if you sang it in the other language it would probably sound nice." She commented, but it was then that she realized he was lost in thought. His gaze hadn't moved away from her for a moment.

Her gaze moved away from him, but she looked up to him again when he laughed. She was just going to offer a small smile in return, but he spoke up. "Oh. I come from Utah.. or the south western part of the States." She said. He probably didn't know exactly where Utah was, she wasn't even going to mention the city cause that would be even harder to know where that was.
Back to top Go down
Spinkulele

Spinkulele

Beata Bucks : 7821

PostSubject: Re: A Day of Singsong and Revolution   A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 8:20 pm

Fearghas thought of the couple songs he learned in Gaelic, a few were ones he learned when he first picked up the guitar, others he learned pretty recently, but he just shrugged as she complimented his singing, he'd been practicing for years upon years.  He tapped his fingers on his knees as he remembered how clumsy he was, his fingers barely registering the chords he was learning and his voice hoarse and pretty terrible.  He still had a slight rasp to his singing, but it almost helped to complement how he sang it seemed somewhat artificial at times.  

Then she answered his question at first with Utah, which sounded like an aggressive way to say you too when she told him where it actually was.  It didn't help clear much up, but he nodded his head as he listened to her.  "Well I'm from a place called Barefield in County Clare, Counties are kinda like your states for Eire."  He knew she'd have no idea where that would be, but at least she had an idea if she checked a map.  Anyways, it continued the conversation. He smiled softly and said  "So what wind brought you the studio?" He asked with pleasantly as the birds chirped outside and shafts of sunlight lit the floor and objects around them.  It was a beautiful day and he was soaking in the sun in this naturally well-lit room.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: A Day of Singsong and Revolution   A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Yeah. She didn't have a clue where that was. "We have counties too. States are split up into smaller districts, or counties. It usually helps with a few things like deciding where a person goes to school, if they go to public school." That was really the only explanation she could think of, and she wasn't even sure if it was right. When he asked the next question, she was a little confused for a moment. Didn't he already ask this? She couldn't remember to well. She was sure he did, but it could have been her imagination playing tricks. Well at least it was like on of those moments where you thought you said something but you actually didn't. "The wind of adventure." She said with a slight smile, then said. "I guess."
Back to top Go down
Spinkulele

Spinkulele

PostSubject: Re: A Day of Singsong and Revolution   A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 12:51 pm

She went off about counties and states and districts and...blegh, he didn't really understand it, nor did he really care all that much.  America was just another country and as of right then he was just a tourist with a ball and chain.  Then she told him of the wind of adventure, funny, that's probably what was keeping him in this unknown place.  He stretched out by holding his arms out and turning his trunk, he had no idea what time it was, and he probably still wouldn't feel like it was that exact time in the morning.  It had been weeks and he maybe got two hours closer to this time zone.

He examined the girl sitting before him for a second before raising an eyebrow, what could this juicy girl have as a gift?  His was never guessed, but he always got a few laughs, turning black and tan to red, turning any liquid into Guinness, and all kinds of other stereotypical stuff he at first got annoyed by, but warmed up to a bit.  Being Irish in an American city came with it's disadvantages, one of them always asking if his real hair color was red.  Fearghas just rode the lightning with a smile and a shake of his head...  He decided just to ask "So what's yer power?  Hopefully no heartbreaking moments, yeah?"  He was usually pretty blunt that powers, no matter how destructive to friend or foe, were tools in an arsenal and to be cared for and shouldn't be blamed for being what they are.  Even if a bad moment happens with it, you shouldn't be scared of them, they are they for your assistance if you harness them correctly.  But he still didn't like to bring back memories, he sure had his own baggage to hold too.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: A Day of Singsong and Revolution   A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 5:10 pm

Janya never had any bad moments with her gift, well except for the fact she looked scary when she used it, and frightened her parents, and younger sister the first time she used it, even when it was an accident. She tried to never use it around her younger sibling because it scared her. "Oh, I can turn into a skeletal dragon. Though I'm not very good.. so when I use it, my dragon form is small, and I can barley do any damage." She said. She shifted in her set slightly. "It's not that impressive honestly, but it's fun to be able to fly." She could fly but she didn't quite understand how she was able to. "Somehow..." She added afterwards. She looked back up to Fearghas. "What can you do?"
Back to top Go down
Spinkulele

Spinkulele

PostSubject: Re: A Day of Singsong and Revolution   A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 8:05 pm

A skeletal dragon...He hadn't read about that before.  It sounded sweet though, like something from a film or something.  He couldn't imagine turning into one in front of a parent though, quite more of a surprise than an orange feather suddenly appearing on your arm and burning.  He looked at his wrist a second, going back to the night he found out.  The pain from his wrist was still vivid in his mind every time he thought of finding out with his step-father.  He looked up from his wrist where a circular scar sat atop where his wrist met his hand "I can become the Phoenix..." He thought about it a second saying "Well, a bit I can grow Phoenix'ish feathers on my arm and shoulder if I focus, it actually helps heal any wounds on my arms and it's quite the grand show."  He nodded his head, the flames engulfing the feathers was always quite the sight and people usually liked to see that a wound might be healed or he's fine altogether after practically setting his arm alight.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: A Day of Singsong and Revolution   A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 8:52 pm

Janya blinked. She didn't really have any other properties that her gifted aided in besides breathing blue fire, and maybe getting sharper finger nails from time to time. She wasn't even sure about the wing thing. "That's so cool!" She said with a slight sparkle in her eyes. "I mean with my gift I can breathe fire outside of my form, but that only happened once, and no matter how hard I try, I can't do it now. But that isn't as cool as being able to heal yourself! That is very useful." She was leaning forward slightly as she spoke. She honestly found it interesting.
Back to top Go down
Spinkulele

Spinkulele

PostSubject: Re: A Day of Singsong and Revolution   A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 4:13 pm

Fearghas nodded his head as she spoke, at first about her gift.  Blue fire, his own burning never got hot enough to turn blue, probably for the best it still stung a bit for the wounds to heal, especially bigger ones.  But it was certainly something he wanted to work at.  He looked up to her "I'm gettin' better at doing it.  Soon I might even be able to be a phoenix.  The thought keeps me goin' on.  Imagine, I might get so good I could heal myself on a whim!  A bloody phoenix.  That'll be the day."  He thought about it though, what would cause it.  Would it just be him one day with enough work and focus...or what?  "I'd probably smell like I just had a fag everyday though, yeah?"  

He chuckled, the flames never left that much of a smoky aroma, at least not as much as would be expected from something catching fire.  But if he did literally crash and burn, what would happen?  These questions almost haunted his mind when he thought of them,  would it hurt?  Would it literally feel like he was getting engulfed in flames?  He sighed, if the moment came to it, he didn't know what would happen and he just hoped he'd be trained for it.  Probably, mostly, hopefully...
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: A Day of Singsong and Revolution   A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 6:51 pm

"Well when you can turn into a Phoenix you will be able to fly! It's so much fun! I wish I could take you flying but my dragon form isn't big enough. I may be longer length wise, but I only come to about my height now, and it's kind of disappointing when my cousin can turn into a massive dragon." She said with a slight pout. "Though I will get there one day! And I will look so awesome when I can be big an majestic looking!" A light was shining in her eyes as she thought of that day coming. "I guess we both have to work for the day when we can be powerful, and majestic looking huh?" He had only just begun working on his gift it seemed. She only just discovered hers as well, but it seemed she had a little more progress than he did.
Back to top Go down
Spinkulele

Spinkulele

PostSubject: Re: A Day of Singsong and Revolution   A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Fearghas sat back in the chair as she went off, a smile on his face.  She began to shed that shell of shyness.  He could see the excitement in her eyes and mannerisms and she directed a question to him.  He thought about it for a second,  he never imagined himself ever being majestic, better to just deflect the thought.  He kept his smile as he said "Well, there isn't much work needed for ya."  He began to notice how flirty he was being, but it never killed anybody to turn on the charm from time to time.  Plus it was the pleasant kind, not the type he'd seen by some people in America, their way of acting around ladies was so...odd.  He continued with "Plus, I'll never see myself as majestic, I'll always be just the same ole Fearghas."  He shrugged, it's how he viewed himself.  Even if he was a majestic orange bird, he was still Fearghas and would just be acting as that majestic bird rather than be one.  Maybe he might think differently when he finally accomplished his goal, but right now he was just a dude with wings.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: A Day of Singsong and Revolution   A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 7:07 pm

She looked away from him for a second at his compliment. "Please.. There is still much work that needs to be done. I look sorta cute in my dragon form, not some big majestic regal dragon. Heck I don't even look that dangerous." She had an idea in her head that dragons were supposed to be regal looking or dangerous looking which she was neither. Her claws could barely do any damage, her bark was worst then her bite literally.

"And in this form... well I'm not even close. I'm not Majestic looking like you are trying to say at the moment. I'm just plain." She wasn't oblivious to that fact that he was flirting with her. She was innocent, but she wasn't that innocent.

"Well the same ole Fearghas seems like a pretty awesome dude." She said trying to get the attention off her slightly. "An awesome dude that will be able to turn into a majestic bird one day." She said with a small smile on her face. She wouldn't have anyone think they were just some old person, well except for her views on herself. That was a bit different.
Back to top Go down
Spinkulele

Spinkulele

PostSubject: Re: A Day of Singsong and Revolution   A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 2:46 pm

Fearghas raised an eyebrow, a small smirk forming on his face, she was totally into the flirting.  Fearghas shrugged when she mentioned being plain, everyone was different.  She then told him about his supposed future of being a majestic bird.  Sure it excited him to part of something he adored, I mean he could be the freaking Phoenix...but he wasn't ever going to let the Phoenix be him.  

"I know I can become the Phoenix, but it will never be me, my life is mine, not what I can become.  I love and adore phoenixes and all sortsa mythology, but no matter how much of a Phoenix I may look like, I'm Fearghas, in and out."  He wanted that sorted, but decided it sounded a bit too harsh and retorted with "Not to rain on your views, live how you want and believe how you want, but a Phoenix is a beautiful majestic creature, and I'm just an Irishman in foreign land, no friends except one I met a couple days earlier from the Isle, no knowledge of the land and sure as Hell am I confused with the government."  

He nodded slightly as he thought about it, this place was enormously different from the green hills of Ireland, with it's enormously different people and it's enormously different landscape, it could be suffocating.  He made the promise to fit in with his mom and dad, and he respected his promises.  Plus this American girl wasn't so bad, she was warm and she appreciated his comments and opinions, maybe it wouldn't be as hard as he thought...
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: A Day of Singsong and Revolution   A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:09 pm

"I wasn't trying to say that you would become like a Phoenix. At least I don't think I was, it may have sounded that way, I'm not the best with words. But I guess you could say I see my dragon form as another extension of me. It is still me in there and will always be me in there, but I'm also something completely different... something that can be just something different than plain old me. Something that can look majestic, or fierce, or regal, or dangerous. I can't really do any of those things." She paused for a moment, and brought a hand her mouth. "I had a point with this, but I forgot it.. Well so much for that, you can disregard what I said." She said bringing a smile to her face, and lightening the mood slightly.
Back to top Go down
Spinkulele

Spinkulele

PostSubject: Re: A Day of Singsong and Revolution   A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 5:04 pm

Fearghas raised an eyebrow, this girl's memory was something else.  She seemed to lose the weirdest things, and it would happen so fast, it was as if she'd lose the stuff in a matter of minutes.  It was probably just some type of condition or genetics, everyone had their own baggage, and genetics was how they got their powers, some things you just weren't lucky to inherit.  He offered a sincere smile as he tapped his foot lightly on the floor as he thought for a second. He then finally had the whole spiel settle into his brain, an idea running through it.  "It's somethin' like yer you, but you are somethin' else, you embrace what you can become and enjoy bein' somethin' you can't when you're yer normal cailín self.  Kinda like when a wee boy is acting the maggot."  He said, shrugging lightly, hoping that was what she was getting at.  Maybe it was, maybe not, but it seemed right to him and he needed to keep the conversation going somehow, as most anyone Fearghas wasn't too fond of awkward silences.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: A Day of Singsong and Revolution   A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 5:37 pm

Janya listened as he explained what he thought she was going for. It sorta sounded like where she was going. "Yeah that sorta of sounds like where I was going with that. Honestly I forgot. I have a hard time with remembering stuff. I suffer from Short term memory loss, and it sucks." She said with a slight hint of embarrassment. She really didn't want to lose her train of thought but it just happened because of her condition, and it happened a lot more than she would like. Almost as if the writer forgets sometimes too. She ran a hand through her hair as she tried to think of what she was trying to say. It was going to bug her if she didn't remember.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Day of Singsong and Revolution   A Day of Singsong and Revolution - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Day of Singsong and Revolution
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next