Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Sketch Design Requests~

Go down 
+4
Splotch
Jay
Shadow
Echo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10596

Sketch Design Requests~ Empty
PostSubject: Sketch Design Requests~   Sketch Design Requests~ EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 7:29 pm

Hey everyone~
I recently got my laptop's admin password and got made an admin, redownloaded SAI and my tablet driver, and stole my tablet back from my parents, so I'm back into drawing again! Right now, I want to practice doing outfit designs and I'd like to steal your characters for it. They're going to be sketches with flat colors - no shading or anything.
Example:
That's basically what you're getting.
So, if you could fill out this form, that'd be great. Please don't rush me. Everyone knows I'm a slowpoke at everything and I'm going to try and do at least one a day... but that depends on how much homework I have. If it's too much, I'm sorry, give me time. If not, then I'll get it done ASAP~ I'll probably be a lot more productive during Spring Break, but that isn't for another month. They're going to be in almost the same pose for the most part because I'm not really doing pose practice... Haha, oh well.

Girl characters only. Sorry, I'm bad at dudes and haven't worked out how I like to draw them yet, so for now, only give me your cute lil' grils that are supposed to be adorable.
Code:
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]References:[/b]
[b]Outfit:[/b] Tell me what kind of outfit you want me to have them in. References aren't necessary. If you can't think of anything, throw five adjectives to describe the outfit and I'll go off from there.
[b]Fun Fact About the Character:[/b] My own fun. I like learning about everyone's characters. <3

I can stream if you want to see me doing the outfit design and such. But that's only if you want me to.

Last edited by Echo on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

Beata Bucks : 11659

PostSubject: Re: Sketch Design Requests~   Sketch Design Requests~ EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 7:32 pm

Character Name: Erin Gallagher
References: http://prntscr.com/acxgsm
Outfit:  tank top and shorts. If it's full body, she wears rainbow anklets
Fun Fact About the Character: She loves to bowl~

Last edited by Shadow on Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8729

PostSubject: Re: Sketch Design Requests~   Sketch Design Requests~ EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Character Name: Kaya Yakone
References: https://imgur.com/a/QzwSM
Outfit: Some kind of sweater, maybe slightly oversized. I'd like her to wear moccasins too (those native Americany shoes), and I suppose a school skirt. Fill in any gaps with your creative genius. Oh yeah, she always keeps a knife in her sock, if you wanna find a way to add that.
Fun Fact About the Character: She is Inuit. Use that info to design her as you wish, e.g. for skin or hair or such, idk.

Last edited by Jay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 10022

PostSubject: Re: Sketch Design Requests~   Sketch Design Requests~ EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Character Name: Renjie Hua
References:Here
Outfit: Traditional Chinese Formal clothing?
Fun Fact About the Character: She is secretly really into American culture, but won't admit it aloud.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

Beata Bucks : 11199

PostSubject: Re: Sketch Design Requests~   Sketch Design Requests~ EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 7:40 pm

Character Name: Elisabeth Abrams
References: https://imgur.com/a/sqSfR
Outfit: A white pleated skirt, a navy blue sweater, white ballet flats, hair in a ponytail with a white bow
Fun Fact About the Character: Elisabeth lived in the Netherlands for a couple of years before moving to.Michigan. She's the only person in her family who speaks English with hardly any accent. She's also very shy

Last edited by Rainy on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8433

PostSubject: Re: Sketch Design Requests~   Sketch Design Requests~ EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 7:43 pm

Character Name: Mikaela Bryson
References:
Spoiler:
Outfit: Tank top with an open hoodie with a skirt, possible headphones around neck maybe?
Fun Fact About the Character: She loves to dance in the forest a lot (so original for a girl, right?)

Thank you ahead of time, Echo. Take your time with these because you're a great artist and you can't rush art. And yes, that was a Toy Story 2 reference.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9346

PostSubject: Re: Sketch Design Requests~   Sketch Design Requests~ EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 3:52 pm

Character Name: Rose Arsement
References: https://imgur.com/a/z3w6g
Outfit: To knee Jean shorts, a t-shirt, and a sweater of some type
Fun Fact About the Character: She collects stamps, and baseball cards.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

Beata Bucks : 9416

PostSubject: Re: Sketch Design Requests~   Sketch Design Requests~ EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:08 pm

Character Name: Maria and Freya
References: https://i.servimg.com/u/f84/19/24/70/91/marian10.png & https://i.servimg.com/u/f84/19/24/70/91/freyan10.png
Outfit: School Uniforms
Fun Fact About the Character: Maria is definitely more peppy and social than Freya (Maria usually has a mischievous smile, maybe a wink?). Freya usually has a bored look on her face.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Sketch Design Requests~   Sketch Design Requests~ EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:27 pm

Sketch Design Requests~ G5izXB0

Finished Erin~ I definitely had a lot of fun with drawing this design. Admittedly, positioning the freckles and everything took me more tries than it should've, I like the finishing touch it gave. Wasn't too sure with how to color her clothes and everything, so I went to give her denim shorts and used a lot of blue because character pages said that it was her favorite color. Went with the reference's hairstyle given to her with a few modifications here and there since I wasn't too great with having an entire eye covered up. With the little trivia fact, I threw in a bowling design and spent way too much time getting the cursive right on it. ;-; Threw in a few of these rubber bracelets and the anklets; definitely did not throw in the Irish flag.

Onto Kaya! Hoping I have as much fun with her as I did with Erin <3
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Sketch Design Requests~   Sketch Design Requests~ EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 8:22 pm

Sketch Design Requests~ Q0HdHBU

Two in one day! Don't expect this to happen again - only did because I stayed home from school like a pleb today. Kaya's a super cute character and I wanted to make that obvious with this design in comparison to Erin's more sporty/athletic looking outfit. Widened her eyes a bit on the base and her face is a bit chubbier. Used a slightly darker skin tone to reflect her Inuit design and tried to keep the moccasins looking as accurate as possible without me butchering it. I mostly kept the original hairstyle provided by the faceclaim, but made her hair a bit messier in comparison. Most of her design is black/really light pink (almost white) to mirror the fact that she's a pretty innocent character... except she also likes to carry a knife around and casually kill animals in the forest. Polka dots and interchanging stripes work as really nice patterns together. Oversized sweaters are gr8, I love 'em. Overall, she looks simple, but cute in my opinion. Thought about adding feather hair accessories, but then realized that'd probably not be a good idea since that's more Indian-esque than Inuit. Was very tempted to do a Totoro design for the sweater, but opted for a simple heart in the end. Too bad I didn't find a way to sneak the Canadian flag into this.

Looking forward to doing Jae tomorrow~ Traditional Chinese clothing is definitely going to be a challenge, but hoping it turns out well.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8729

PostSubject: Re: Sketch Design Requests~   Sketch Design Requests~ EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 1:22 pm

Easily the best thing anyone has ever drawn for me.

ifanyonewantstocompeteforthatpositionpmmefanart
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Sketch Design Requests~   Sketch Design Requests~ EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:21 pm

Sketch Design Requests~ HZthMGe

I'm not dead with this. I'm sorry that it took so long to get to this. ;-;
Life has been hectic for me recently, so I haven't really had the time to draw, but I got to it today! by sacrificing posting time
Playing with this color palette was suuuuper fun. I loved messing with the shades of red and yellow to have them compliment each other. I had tried before to go for one of the really long Chinese dresses, but I just didn't see it working on a character like Jae. It felt too elegant and not more on the cute/preppy side, so I went with the shorter and simpler kind of design. Since the Vietnamese Ao Dai is really similar in design to these kinds of dresses (kind of), I grabbed some of mine to use as a reference and figured this would work well. It's not as detailed and pretty as I'd like it to be, considering my laziness and afsjflasf;;, but I like to think it came out rather nicely. Went with a bun - personally thought about doing twin buns, but felt that I wouldn't be able to portray it properly, so the one side bun with a gold ornament looked fine to me.
Sneaking in flags is my thing. The Taiwanese flag is on her right wrist.
Short hair is terrible. I hate short hair. |D
Had lots of fun with this design though because I got to design something that mirrored my own culture. <3
Onward to Elisa!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sketch Design Requests~   Sketch Design Requests~ Empty

Back to top Go down

Sketch Design Requests~
Page 1 of 1