Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
IvyLeaf

IvyLeaf

Beata Bucks : 8972

A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]   A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 10:36 pm

Kasumi's eyes widened at the scene that happened soon after, and then realized that it was because of her. Heat slowly creeped up her cheeks, Kasumi began to scold herself angrily inside. How could she have been so stupid and impulsive? She always tried to keep a low profile, but that was anything but a low profile. Basically getting into a fight on her second day... This was too embarrassing. Kasumi stared at the ground, her legs shaking slightly, and sweaty hands gripping the hem of her skirt, and then looked up at Magic.

"I'm very sorry for the problem I caused! I understand the consequences of my actions and will surely proceed with ultimate caution if there is a next time! Please, do not punish her, since I suppose I had provoked her," she burst out, then, slowly and shakily backed away, and speed walked down the hall. Honestly, though, Kasumi hadn't understood too much how she'd gotten into a fight. She'd never interacted much with other people around her age, and had meant everything she said. She had no idea that sde could have sounded sarcastic. So, without having waited for an answer from Maria, she'd fled the scene. Now, could Maria had killed her with her magic? Maybe, maybe not. Most likely not. But it was still better to be safe than sorry, and Kasumi now knew that she had to be even more invisible and quiet than ever to "fit in" at this school.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10596

PostSubject: Re: A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]   A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:09 pm

A... show? There wasn't any school event or anything planned today, and if there was any kind of show, it'd be in the gymnasium instead out of in the courtyard... or maybe even on the sports field. The courtyard, as welcoming and beautiful as it was with its picturesque idyllic scene, was not an ideal place for a show. Besides, would the school tell an event like that to a normal student before a prefect? That was, unless they didn't trust her all that much... Yeah that had to be it. But Magic didn't really seem to be taking heed of that either. So, was it a metaphor for something? Do people use metaphors in normal speech? How confusing this all was. Maybe it was better if she slunk away into the depths of darkness or something. Hello darkness, my old friend. For the most part, she was going ignored again. That was completely normal, wasn't it? Yeah, it was. It definitely was. Her presence was always weak.

The outburst from what seemed like a very shy and timid girl almost made her flinch back. She was snarky, speaking with what appeared to be wit and being plain clever. It was almost as though she was letting her words seep with dryness, without holding back, and well, it was rather unexpected. Even with the plaintive politeness and respect that laced around each and every sentence, there was something about her tongue that had a cutting edge. Almost admirable that she would fight back after being trampled on by a senior student.

Better than she could ever do, haha. She didn't have a voice anymore either. That was pathetic.

That sinking feeling that things could get worse did, without a doubt, get worse. Barry's lookalike, who would've practically been him if she didn't take a second glance and listened carefully to his voice, had mentioned Warren's name. The masked man who provoked Magic way back in Chicago... That was so long ago in summer. Was he still that mad at Warren? He could take some time to maybe try and get along with him - he didn't seem like that bad of a person. Magic's temper snapped a bit too quickly this time... He really hated Warren, didn't he?

Maria couldn't be that bad either! She visited Jonathan when he was in the infirmary out. She was the first person to know he was there too... Sure, maybe she pushed her and knocked her into the medicine cabinet and didn't really help pick things up, but she was in a rush. There was no way that she would've noticed her or anything. Weak presence, small girl, yeah. The redhead was awfully tall and, to be kind of honest, a little intimidating. The height difference wasn't very reassuring. And Magic scolded the new girl too, who had left without much more than a few phrases. He seemed really.. tired out again.

Leave.

He had enough to deal with today. Adeline bit her lip, her hands tucking themselves back into her pockets. Leaving seemed like the ideal thing to do here. There wasn't any need for her to stick around and be a bad luck charm - bad things always seemed to happen with her around. The past couldn't deny that. It was some sort of omen or higher power controlling the threads of life to make it this way. If she slipped away now, nobody would notice - everyone was more focused on the new student walking away. Nobody would see her. Absolutely nobody would see her. Magic wouldn't be using his hearing to concentrate on her right now or anything. Walk away, pretend she was never there, it was pretty much flawless.

... At least that's what she thought. And guess what? She was completely wrong. One of them noticed her.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

Beata Bucks : 9416

PostSubject: Re: A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]   A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 8:56 pm

Have a bad time? Maria almost burst out laughing. Watching the random girl leave, she regained her thoughts. "Damn prefects, always ruining the fun." She said is a teasing tone, twirling a strand of hair. "I wasn't trying to start a fight, she was the one being all defensive." Maria added in an innocent tone, giving Magic her best puppy dog eyes.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8433

PostSubject: Re: A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]   A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 2:05 pm

Edward rolled his eyes at the girl. "Quit the bullshit, princess." he said. This girl was so fake he could almost feel the fakeness coming off of her. He turned his attention to Magic with a smile that didn't reach his eyes. "I knew that would get you all hot n' bothered under the collar. I was just stating facts, here, and maybe, just maybe, I don't want to be looked at like some sort of psycho. You've done your fair share of psycho, now haven't you?" It was true. He was tired of being looked at like he was some sort of freak. Once he had been exposed as a spy, he would get these looks from people. Some days, he felt he deserved the looks. But not today. He was done feeling like a freak in a school full of them.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9346

PostSubject: Re: A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]   A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 5:26 pm

He was going to fight them both. He really was. Why were they both trying to shove him off the edge?  He just wanted a normal day, he just wanted a normal flippin day and neither of these people could give him that. The winter prefect was trying his best to not punch either one of the students.. His hands curled into fists. "Shut the fuck up! Both of you!" A slight rumble in the ground could be felt after his shout. After he realized what he had just felt he pressed a hand to his face for a moment to try and calm down.

After the moment was gone, Mason dropped his hand. "Both of you are acting like fucking children!" He turned a glare towards Maria, "Stop trying to place the blame on someone else when it was clearly your fault. Daddy isn't here to get his poor stuck up princess out of trouble when she gets caught." He didn't care if either of one of them got upset at this point, he didn't care if either of them tried to fight him at this point, or got angry at him. He wanted to be left alone.

He turned his angry gaze towards Ed. "Cry me a river if you are so upset by it." He growled "Oh no! Someone is giving me a weird look! Let me cry about it!" He said in a mocking voice, taunting the other winter. "Just fuckin suck it up, and stop acting like a five year old, or you can tuck your tail between your legs, and fucking leave if it bothers you that much." Magic had been getting weird looks most of his life, and this guy couldn't deal with it for a few months? Wasn't he supposed to be a trained killer or something? More like a whiny kid at the moment.

After he was done ranting at the two students, he let his head fall back slightly. His gray green eyes looked over to Adeline. He didn't want her to get involved in this, but he could tell she was here for a reason. He shook his head at her, and waved her off. Hopefully she would get the message to leave. He would talk to her later, they were bound to run into each other again today. There was also the fact that if this did turn into a scrap he didn't want her healing everyone and then her figuring out how to place the blame on herself when it wasn't even close to being her fault. None of the three who were arguing needed someone to take the fall for them. They were big kids they could take the blame.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]   A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 7:40 pm

Maria's innocent smile turned into an 'up to no good' smile. Just the reaction I was looking for. Seeing someone yell at her in that manner made Maria twice as happy, adrenaline pumping through her veins. "Why thank you, I know I'm royalty." She sneered to Ed and turned to Magic before the boy could get mad. "My father? I don't know what the hell that has to do with anything here. It's not like he ever gave a shit about what I did." In her opinion, her father was a selfish faggot. All he wanted from her and Freya was power and the only reason Maria let him train her the way he did was for her own good. In a sense, she had taken advantage of his teachings. Let him teach you how to be a ruthless killer and run off. Well, there was more to it than that but the past was in the past.

Staying quiet for a moment, she noticed Magic giving that girl the 'you're free to go' type look. You're not getting out of here that easy. She couldn't wait to see what fun she could have with that little pipsqueak. "No, don't go. Why don't you stick around to help calm down your pissy boyfriend." The taller student teased, grabbing Lamia's arm so she couldn't try to escape. "Besides, the fun has just begun." Nothing better to piss off a guy than to mess with him shy friend, how perfect!
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]   A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 5:36 am

Edward's jaw tightened at the prefect's words. "Well at least we're not the ones who appear to be having a fucking tantrum. Follow your own advice, bucko." he replied. He coule kick his ass seven ways to Sunday if he wanted to. He was fast enough. He was a trained fighter. Magic had another thing coming if he think sound can help him. Edward could run faster than sound.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]   A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 5:28 pm

Get away as quickly as possible - that was the only thought resounding in her head, echoing constantly as though the concept had to be drilled in for her to listen. She could hear the argument, the way Maria immediately tried to play innocent to the way Barry's lookalike went on about something along the lines of "psycho" and then Magic... Magic's been pushed to his limit. That wasn't fair at all. Wasn't it supposed to be his birthday? Couldn't the school relieve him of prefect tasks or anything, let him take the day off? Before, he went on and on about how a day that should've been special was treated like any other day. One would've said that, on the bright side, he was doing something instead of letting it be a normal routine. But that something shouldn't be like this at all - a fight taking place in the courtyard. Shouldn't they have eased once the initiate left...? They could've dispersed, couldn't they? This wasn't like the fights that Magic actually enjoyed; tensions were too high.

The ground shook.

Her mind immediately drew back to the accident in Chicago that she helped cause.

No, this wasn't the time to focus on that. No, no, no. If a fight broke out here, more people were going to get hurt.

In an ideal place, they would've been in the forest or something. At least then, there wouldn't be too many students around and only a few people got hurt... an even more ideal situation was that they could maybe work this out without resorting to any means of violence. But here? In broad daylight in the courtyard, one of the most student-manifested areas a person could be at? Somehow, it wouldn't end well at all, dread lurching in her chest as her lips thinned. There had to be a way to stop this. Left and right, there were a few groups gossiping and giving the trio odd stares, a few beginning to back off as they realized that it was the Winter Prefect who caused the tremor and here and there, someone yelled to go find a staff member. Suddenly, leaving didn't seem like a choice she could - or should - make. But Magic was signalling for her to leave.

It was difficult for her to refuse what most people order and tell her to do. She's been labeled as a pushover and a doormat people could step on with ease. Maybe that's why, when students wanted to get away with something, they'd make sure she was around in comparison to other prefects. Too lenient, they said. But... why tell someone to stop what they're doing when they're having fun? Saying "no" felt vile and completely rude. It gave bad vibes and made her feel terrible for not going along with what they wanted. So she stopped refusing. Carefully, Adeline took a step back, almost hesitantly to draw herself into the crowd, so at least, she could be on standby if something happened and a teacher came. If a teacher came, she could apologize for not breaking up the fight earlier and none of them had to take the blame for something that they couldn't necessarily control.

That was a simple enough solution, right?

And of course, that plan went down the drain as Maria latched onto her arm, holding her tightly enough that her skin was twisted and it was growing a stark red that was only made more transparent with how pale she was. In any normal circumstances, maybe she would've flinched or bit back some gasp of surprise. Neither of those were evident. Her violet-blue eyes rested on the action committed before slowly rising up towards the one who committed it. Immediately, Adeline ripped her gaze away and showed no signs of fighting back. It wasn't like she could give much of a reaction anyway. Her acting skills had always been poor.

She didn't try to move or anything. No, right now, she had to focus on keeping her gift under control. One mistake would mean a more disastrous result than anyone would've liked. Here and there, the feeling of guilt on not listening to Magic sooner were only blossoming. He didn't want her involved in the first place and because of her stupid hesitance and indecisiveness, this happened. She got caught as a bystander, held hostage to provoke a fight.  Magic wouldn't do anything stupid just because she made a silly mistake, right? If she could actually feel, she could maybe find that little "gate" to escape out of these grabs. Using her eyes alone would be a futile effort. Don't fight. It was a silent plea that, without a doubt, would've fallen on deaf ears. Please don't fight. It wouldn't have made much of a difference if she could speak, could it? Yeah, she was too quiet and Magic would've been the only one to hear her.

Apologetically, she drifted her gaze towards Magic before turning it back to the ground, digging the ball of her right foot down and keeping her free hand shoved into her pockets. No pain, no verbal response, no signs that she was uncomfortable with this. No point giving a reaction towards her words. Maria was only teasing, only making it to try and rile them up. There weren't many things that she wanted to do and fighting back was one of them. But it was unlikely that the other three were in the same boat as her. Whatever crowd that was beginning to gather were almost promoting the fight to come. Were they forgetting that it was students with superpowers and that people not involved could get hurt too? Maybe it was something that high school students liked a lot. Physical violence. It happened often. What could she do to stop all of this before it got out of hand...?

Nothing. You're useless.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]   A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 7:54 pm

They both over stepped their bounds by a long shot. Ed was intentionally making him angry even after he wanted to 'play nice', and Maria... oh Maria was just asking to get her face broken. Magic's expression grew dark, as the girl grabbed onto Adeline, and that was the last straw. The prefect looked to the ground, and let out a sigh. "Boy, both of you like pushing your luck today.." The winter prefect said in a disturbingly calm voice. "Especially on my birthday.. and I was gonna be extra nice today too." The boy let out a dark chuckle, and a grin spread across his face. He looked up at the both of them, he may have had a smile, but his eyes portrayed rage.

He took a small step forward the ground rumbling as his foot landed. "Now I suggest the two of you get out of here before I turn your insides to mush. And if you think I'm bluffing, I'm not. I have broken bones without so much of a second thought." He said only loud enough that the two of them could hear. And it may be true that Ed could outrun an attack directly from Magic, but sound was everywhere, every little bird chirp, every little murmur, every little wave that created some form of noise could be turned into a deadly attack from the prefect. Even the sound of someone's footsteps, or their breathing, and he had been here long enough to know how to do these things. He had a lot of experience from being at the school, and the many years before that.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]   A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 4:02 pm

Seeing the girl wouldn't try anything funny, Maria loosened her grip and let her arm go. Is this a fight I see coming? She couldn't wait. The way Magic had yelled and fussed like an annoyed child, she knew nothing good would come from this and all she needed to do was push a little more. What made him snap; her question of the day. So far, she'd made it half way there. "Turn our insides to mush?" She tilted her head. "Sounds interesting, why don't you demonstrate on this guy. I'd love to see it first hand." She looked from Magic to Ed.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]   A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 4:09 pm

"Quivering in my boots over here." he said. He got dangerously close to the sound manipulator and stared him in the eyes, his cold blue ones staring into Magic's cold green ones. "I've killed without so much as a second thought. Test me. Do it. Turn my insides to mush, if you think you can handle it. Take me out of this world. Take the life from my body, watch as the light leaves my eyes. Do it." he dared the boy. He was going to call his bluff. He knew the prefect was dangerous, but he wasn't a cold blooded killer.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]   A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 3:22 pm

Sometimes, she wondered if fate was only playing on her side just to mess with her for a few brief moments before turning the entire situation upside down, since that was exactly what it appeared to be currently. Maria had let go of her arm and pushed her off to the side, her eyes barely registering the action before she found herself stumbling and within that time-frame, everything seemed to slow down enough for her to grasp the full illustration of the event transpiring around. Barry's lookalike... no, someone who was reminiscent of him but was most definitely not him, was challenging Magic to a fight that he most certainly wouldn't back down from. Once he was in the mood, it was as transparent as ice that his fuse had burned to the very end, and he'd punch the closest thing to him. And in this instance, it would be the students surrounding the area or - at the very least - the three closest people.

She wasn't sure if it was recoil from keeping her gift from not activating itself or her lack of ability to have a steady balance or numbing senses, but it took her awhile to realize she had tripped and hit the ground on her arm. There wasn't a crack or anything, from what she managed to search through at the bare minimum, most likely a bruise at best. Nothing worth healing, of course. So long as Magic didn't notice anything and she stood up as quickly as possible, then everything would be okay. Yeah, nothing to worry about. Should be as simple as that. All that was really needed was to keep this fight from happening... or let it happen and take the blame later when the staff came to break it up.

None of them were doing well in making this fight not happen. Maria and Edward seemed to be provoking it more than anything and with the way it was coming, they seemed to almost be defending themselves from one another's accusations or threats by deflecting and throwing their own insults. Adeline winced as the ground continued to rumble with an ear-splitting roar that forced her to grasp onto her bag more tightly. Some other students had begun to back away or urged others to leave before everything underneath them cracked and pounded to the surface. A flash of rubble and carnage ripped through her mind before she took herself back to reality, where the school seemed to be hazy and shaking slightly still.

One glance towards Magic told her that he was prepared to do something to initiate the entire fight. Another dared to turn to Maria slightly, who only continued to taunt him and urge this to keep going. And the last? Edward wasn't so much as hesitating to provoke him even further. From the bits and pieces she gathered, she knew, Magic had threatened them outside her hearing range. A part of her wanted to be upset that he left her out of it, but she had to reason herself as to why. There was definitely a reason as to why. If she heard anything, she'd wind up getting herself too involved and this way, the only witnesses to who instigated the fight would be Edward and Maria. In the end, it was the word of two prefects against two common students... or something. But that seemed kind of unfair, didn't it?

At this point, there was little to no way she could leave. Maria would take it as a sign of her trying to escape this mess and use her as some kind of bait to condemn Magic further-- wait, no! She couldn't be that bad. There was absolutely no way she could be. Still, better to be safe than sorry? Was that the saying? It wasn't like people decided to fight others just for the fun of it; it became fun to them after awhile because it was the only "fun" they knew. That was the only real conclusion she could come up with, currently. That seemed to be the case for Magic, so it wasn't too far off that it could be the same for Maria or anyone else. Maybe she would've been this way too, if she had taken the time to abuse her gift some more after the incident rather than cower in fear of rebuttal and came out more traumatized than most had expected.

The only thing she could do right now is be left in a completely shunned silence, and if she could catch Magic's eye, mouth a unspeakable Don't to him. Couldn't they just resolve all of this without fighting? There had to be another way. There had to. There wasn't any need for them to hurt each other, but... if that was what did wind up happening, she wasn't going to let Magic stop her from healing. Not like she had much time left on her anyway. Give it to the people who matter.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]   A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 4:17 pm

Oh? He wasn't a cold blooded killer? Actually he was, but that was something no one knew except for Magic himself. As the other winter got closer and stared down Magic with cold blue eyes, the prefect's own look didn't waver, it didn't falter in the slightest. The only movement from the prefect was him moving forward and placing a hand on Ed's arm. His small grin didn't falter in the slightest as he started emitting waves into the boy's body. Any moment he would feel a great amount of pain, and it would be sort of nice to see.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]   A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Pain shot through the speedster, a familiar feeling amongst a sea of unfamiliarity. But he hadn't felt pain as intense as this before. His organs felt like they were on fire. He began choking on his own blood soon. As a last attempt at rebellion against the prefect, he spit a mouthful of blood onto the prefect's face before kneeling to the ground in pain. He had a high pain tolerance, but this was nothing he had ever experienced before. "Good, good, let the hate flow through you." he said, grimacing, letting the obvious dated Star Wars reference be his final words before passing out or worse in a couple minutes.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]   A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 6:33 pm

Maria stood there and watched everything unfold. Wow, so he was really serious? Well, she could work with this. Pivoting her left foot behind her, Maria stood in a defensive stance. With a flash of light, her usual two battle axes appeared in her hands. I know your power is sound, but lets see how well you can dodge. She thought to herself. Without warning, she threw an axe towards the prefect. She's always been a good shot, so this would be a piece of cake. The weapon spun horizontal through the air, pretty damn fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]   A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Pretty Regular Day.. Birthday.. [Open]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next