Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Something Missing [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9280

Something Missing [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Something Missing [Closed]   Something Missing [Closed] EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 2:12 pm

Rob didn't know what to do. There had been an irritation that would normally go away within a day, but it had been going on for a few days, and he had to do something. It didn't really help that he ran out of medicine a while ago. That was probably why the irritation wouldn't go away. Well hopefully someone at the infirmary could help him, or else he would have to talk to his family, and he didn't really want to do that. The autumn pushed his way inside, and looked around for a moment. "Hello?"
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9538

PostSubject: Re: Something Missing [Closed]   Something Missing [Closed] EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 12:44 am

Flipping through one paper after another, Ethan sat behind the front desk. There hadn't been anyone else working in the infirmary then. Of course, it was a rather dull job, but had grown to enjoy the long silences in between work. When the small bell to the room rang, he glanced upward, seeing a new face enter. "Yes?" He said quietly, fixing his glasses. "Can I help you?"
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something Missing [Closed]   Something Missing [Closed] EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Robert was relieved to see someone, but at the same time it also meant he had some explaining to do. Maybe.. He never really liked explaining this. He walked over to the desk, keeping a calm demeanor. "Would you.. uh.. happen to have something for.. an irritated eye socket?" Alright he was surely going to question that statement. Good going Rob, so much for trying to avoid an explanation.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something Missing [Closed]   Something Missing [Closed] EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 11:29 pm

Working in a magical school, one might be surprised with the things Ethan had to deal with in his time there, abnormal or not. It was just last week he'd dealt with a sudden teenage pregnancy. While an irritated eye socket was a strange ailment for certain, he couldn't find himself surprised for long. "Perhaps...?" He said slowly, blinking. If there was an actual physical wound in his eye, that would be no issue, but...

Oh, goodness. The Winter stood up and brushed the dust off his shirt. "Just come back here and have a seat on a cot. I'll see what I can do." Curiosity bit away at him, but he managed to hold his tongue, at least for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something Missing [Closed]   Something Missing [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 3:26 pm

Some of the tension left Rob when he didn't question him at first, but he knew the questions would be coming soon. He never liked being in these types of places.. Always so full of questions.. It didn't really help that he was trapped in the hospital for a good while. He shook his head, and cleared his mind of those thoughts before going over and taking a seat on a cot. Hopefully this wouldn't take a long time.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something Missing [Closed]   Something Missing [Closed] EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 4:25 pm

Once the patient got settled in, the Winter returned with a small basket full of little medical supplies, looking him over. Now, Ethan was never one to be squirmish, but he never once imagined he'd been stuck in a situation quite like this. There was a first time for everything he supposed. He slipped on sterile plastic gloves and leaned in closwr, peering through his glasses. "How long ago did this happen? Do you know whether it's healed completely?" He asked, reaching his hand over to tear off the patch. Then he paused. "Er... may I, or would you rather?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something Missing [Closed]   Something Missing [Closed] EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 5:52 pm

Rob shifted uncomfortable on the cot. He didn't want to do this but he had too. "Well the irritation about a few hours ago.. What your about to see about about 7 months ago. And I'm pretty sure it was completely healed.." It was kind of hard to check. "Oh it would probably be better if I did it." He said. The autumn closed both of his eyes, and lifted the eye patch, and slowly worked it and the string the kept it on his head off his head.

Even with the eye patch off someone could notice that there was something off about his right eye. The eye lids on the right side seemed to sink in a lot more than the left. He let out a deep breathe he didn't realize he was holding, and opened his eyes.. Well eye. On the left side he had a perfectly normal eye, on the right side was.. nothing. It was just empty. He was looking at Ethan, but he wasn't really looking at his face. His gaze was more focused on his sleeve. He didn't want to see the healer's reaction.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something Missing [Closed]   Something Missing [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Ethan had seemed to be holding his breath as the young man reached up over his head and pulled off the patch. It was all too easy to see the instant effect that was had on him, even with his eyes closed. Rob stared down at the ground, as if he were in some sort of shame, but in that moment Ethan felt almost... giddy. How amazing was it that he could adapt to sight with only one eye? "How is sight in your other eye? How has your hearing come along? Does it get irritated often? How did it hap-" Ah, maybe he was throwing too many questions at him at once. Ethan cleared his throat, grabbing a flashlight and starting to shine it in the old eye socket, looking for anything unusual.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something Missing [Closed]   Something Missing [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 12:37 pm

That was a lot of questions, and Rob was a bit surprised at his reaction. He seemed a bit excited by the fact Rob didn't have an eye. He glanced off to the side in thought as he decided to answer the questions. "My sight is pretty normal, have a hard time judging distances from time to time. Hearing is basically normal. It got irritated a lot after I got out the hospital but that was because they had to fix it sort of.." He wasn't going to answer how it happened unless he absolutely needed to know.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something Missing [Closed]   Something Missing [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 7:15 pm

Ethan's own eyes narrowed as he looked carefully for any sort of alien obstructions, but there was nothing that he'd noticed. By the sound of what Rob was explaining, perhaps there was an old wound after all that still needed healing. His gift was needed. "I see..." The young man muttered, putting the flashlight aside and picking up a water bottle in it's stead. It had a nozzle at the top so it could squeeze out. "This will sting somewhat," He muttered, cleaning out the socket, for lack of better words. "I've lost a few parts myself, so I always found it facinating how the body copes."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something Missing [Closed]   Something Missing [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 8:29 pm

Rob was glad he didn't press further into how it happened. He flinched a little bit at the water in his eye socket, but otherwise didn't do much so Ethan could do his work. So Ethan was missing a part of him too? It was quiet hard to tell what he was missing. Rob watched him for a second. He was able to use both his hands so it wasn't an arm, he had all of his facial features so it wasn't that. Maybe it was a leg? It was hard to tell because pants. He didn't want to be rude and straight up ask him so he just said a simple "Oh?" in a sort of questioning tone.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something Missing [Closed]   Something Missing [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 11:49 pm

The nurse smiled at the patient's tame curiosity, setting the bottle of water aside and dabbing away the excess dry with a small rag. If there was anything in there before, it wouldn't get in the way of his healing now, or possibly make things worse. "It happened when I was a child," Ethan mused, setting the small towel aside now and reaching downwards, pulling up one pant leg. Quickly revealed, in place of flesh and bone, was a large metal rod. He didn't linger on it long, nor did he seemed shy about it any. It was merely a part of who he was now. "Car accident. Now, stay still."

He wasn't exactly going to reach inside if he could help it. Ethan placed his hand over the surface of the empty socket. After a few moments, a low blue light shone underneath his touch. "I suppose I should be thankful mine is easier to hide. Do many ask about the patch?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something Missing [Closed]   Something Missing [Closed] EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 3:36 pm

The water felt weird in his eye socket. He wanted to blink, but he resisted. He didn't want to mess up anything the nurse had done. He glanced down to Ethan's leg. It looked like any other prosthetic leg, Rob had seen during his numerous visits to medical places. "Oh that.. sounds... like quite a story." He didn't want to say it sounded bad because Ethan didn't seem to be mized up over it anymore, and her certainly didn't want to say it sounded good.

He stayed still as he was told to do, kind of uncomfortable with the hand on his face, but oh well. If it was fixing the irritation he could deal with it. "Before I came here I would get a question every so often. People here aren't that keen on asking." Which he was fine with in his opinion.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something Missing [Closed]   Something Missing [Closed] EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 10:51 pm

Ethan seemed focused on his power, narrowing his gift to the sore spot inside the socket, grotesque as it sounded. "It is what it is," the Winter murmured. No matter what he did, there was no way he could possibly change the past. If he accepted it as a fact of life, it was easier to cope that way, or so he believed. It worked better some days than others. The inconsistency of his own emotions about it bothered him, but he saw no other alternative.

One would expect people to be more curious about his ailment, but it made sense to him if the opposite were true. "That's the blessing of living here," The young man muttered, the soft light growing brighter. "There's always someone stranger than you." It made it easier to blend in that way. After a few minutes, he felt the wound heal and stepped back with a small smile. "That should do it, I believe."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something Missing [Closed]   Something Missing [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Rob was relieved that the irritation was gone. Hopefully it wouldn't come back anytime soon. He shifted slightly, and grabbed his eye patch again. "I'm glad about that. I don't really like getting questioned as to why I have it." It was a mistake. He made a stupid mistake and payed the price for it. "And thanks for helping me." He said slipping the eyepatch back on, and adjusting it so it sat comfortably on his face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something Missing [Closed]   Something Missing [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Something Missing [Closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next