Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Enough Rope

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spinkulele

Spinkulele

Beata Bucks : 7755

Enough Rope Empty
PostSubject: Enough Rope   Enough Rope EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 5:56 pm

The old wooden chair creaked slightly as Myles swung his cast covered leg up onto the library table, easily placing the other crossed over at the ankle, applying pressure with the cast onto the table.  He gritted his teeth as the front chair legs rose slowly off of the floor, praying that it wasn't too old as to not hold his weight.  When he made it to a comfortable position and he hadn't met ass to floor, he wrapped his fingers around the book, a paperback and lifted it up i front of him, looking over the cover one more time before turning it and opening it, delving into where he last left off on The Dark Half."...stood like a dinosaur under three hanging glass globes..." but his mind quickly went astray, this sometimes happened, but it was always odd.  It was like a word just triggered a thought, his eyes still followed the words, but his mind was far from the story.  It was always the same, thought after thought built over each other until he finally realized he was paying no heed to the book he was holding in front of him.  With a sigh he dropped it on the table in front of him, deciding it would be a better plan to just relax and enjoy the relative silence of the library.  His eyes scanned the room lying around him, he was always utterly impressed with the place laid out before him.  He looked from shelf to shelf, book to book.  He kept thinking, suddenly a bit homesick, he certainly wasn't in Texas anymore and there certainly was some different people around here.  He missed the old friends and his brother, they always got into trouble and adventuring, he guessed breaking an arm and a leg could be considered adventuring...or at least adventurous.  He sighed, letting his mind clear for a second, looking up at the ceiling and sighing.  This was the life though, he had a couple new friends and most of the stuff around was free, it was splendid.  He continued to enjoy this serene splendor, letting out a relaxed sigh.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 9956

Enough Rope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough Rope   Enough Rope EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 6:59 pm

A girl who always seemed to be in the library had not moved from her seat since she arrived at the beginning of the day. She spent the majority of her time working on her seals. The girl had a head full of blue hair and a pair of blue eyes to match. They wondered over a seal that she had been working on for the past few weeks. A kind of healing seal. Although, she hadn't gotten much results out of it. Whenever she came across wounded birds, or animals, the seal glowed for a moment. Then a moment after that it catches fire. Needless to say, Rebecca had to hurry to remove the seal so it didn't farther harm the animal.

So she was back to the drawing board. Rebecca had a starting character to use that was different from the first, yet had no idea how to even out the quadrants on each side. The girl knew it was like a puzzle. She had to figure it out. Her seals had the ability to do anything within her imagination. Or at least that's what the blue headed girl told herself every time a seal failed.

Ah. This one was a scrap. Without a second thought, a paper was crumpled and tossed behind her. Unknowingly hitting the boy who seemed content with just listening to the quite air of the library.
Back to top Go down
Spinkulele

Spinkulele

Enough Rope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough Rope   Enough Rope EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 4:06 pm

Myles smiled up at the ceiling, stress splendorous and contented.  A good memory crossed through his head and he clung to it.  He told himself nothing could pull him from this moment and it was almost as if all focus tunneled, and all the stress just melted away.  Another good memory, a day spent with his brother, riding their old stallion. 

Suddenly he was back in a book heaven.  The paper had barely hit him, but it was enough, and his focus was back in the library.  Though, he didn't have full attention on the chair under him and it leaned forward.  He gave one look at his chair before gravity took over.  It was a swift fall and the legs hit the wooden floor with a loud echo'y clack and his butt collided with table, his legs still crossed over ankle to ankle now halfway across the wooden table.

He let in a deep breath, letting it slowly out as he'd keep himself composed and arduously pull his casted leg up from the table and shift both legs to the side of his chair.  With the back of his knees over the armrest he placed his right palm on the side of table, letting out a low grunt as he'd push the chair across the floor for leg room.  One more movement and he was able to lean over and scoop up his forearm crutch from it's spot on the floor.  He sighed once more as he flipped the crutch over mentally preparing himself for the voyage up.  He finally got it flipped right side up and wrapped his right hand fingers around the grip, putting most of his weight on his right foot.  With one more push down on the grip and through the his heels he was up and (slightly) mobile.  He moved his arm into the clasp on the crutch and hobbled his way to the paper.  He looked down, gripping the crutch tightly.  He knew this was gonna be a bit of work, as he moved his arm from the clasp, bending his right knee.  He let his left side leg stick out and he'd grip the paper with his left side fingers, it lightly resting on his cast.  He pushed through his heel and pushed down on the crutch, pushing himself up.  He had became a pro at this type of movement, a la cripple.

He finally made it to the girl's side, dropping the paper by where she was writing on the table, taking one more step into view.  His Southern accent rang out when he said with a little bit of seriousness but mostly humor, "I think ya dropped somethin'."
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Enough Rope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough Rope   Enough Rope EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 7:21 pm

It seemed like her new idea for the quadrant was a bust. Two of the characters that she had in mind didn't work well together. It would perhaps even have an opposite effect. Scrapping the paper, Rebecca once again tossed it away. If one took a second to notice, they would see multiple other balls of paper scattered around the girl. A habit as she knew it. Seeing the pages that she messed on made her think weirdly and repeat what it had been. Although she knew it was wrong.

A boy's voice caught her attention, and she looked up from her new piece of work. Rebecca wasn't too annoyed with his accent. The drawl was settled heavily into his voice. She knew it well. It was something the Winter student would hear quite a bit back at home. Being from Arizona and all of that. With a shake of her head, she picked the paper up in her hands. Unraveling it for a moment she knew exactly what it was.

Damn it. Now the runes were stuck in her head. A sigh escaped the girl and she crumpled it back up again. A irritated look crossed her face. It was like a song being stuck in her head. Eventually it would go away... "I meant for it to be thrown away. It's useless anyways." The paper was dropped a foot away on the table. Just so it was out of her arms distance. Blue eyes looked up at the cripple boy, an eyebrow raised.

"You came all the way over here to give me that paper while cripple?" She asked, mildly confused. There was no point, right? She meant to get rid of it.
Back to top Go down
Spinkulele

Spinkulele

Enough Rope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough Rope   Enough Rope EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 7:39 pm

Myles offered a slightly lopsided smile, shaking his head "Well, I was in quite the nice state over there when suddenly I got attacked by the pulp of a tree.  Now the state I was in was pretty nice, I was zoned out so when I suddenly focused up all of it went to the paper and not my legs holdin' me up.  So the chair hit the floor, my ass hit the table and I had to wiggle worm my way outta my chair.  I thought if I was standin' I'd see a new face, and say hi...so what's a fine girl like you doin' in the library?"  Always good to start on conversation off with a compliment.  He pulled a chair under him with his crutch, which he mastered moving and grabbing things with.  He was ticking the days off when physical therapy would start and he'd be out of these constrictors.  He slowly sunk into the chair now only about a table corner from the girl, offering his signature warm smile.  His own blue eyes moving over what was on the page a red scar running down his face raising with his eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Enough Rope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough Rope   Enough Rope EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 6:14 pm

She kept eye contact with him as he slid into the seat across from herself. His movements seemed fluid despite being crippled. It would be Rebecca's best guess that he had been injured for quite a time. Another hint to this was the scar that crossed his face. It had healed recently if the cut was anything to go by. The boy's own scar caused the girl to give a slight glance at her arm. The entirety of it was wrapped in bandages. Exclusing her finger tips, which were not burned like the rest of her arm had been.

"Ah, I see." She said quietly. Her forlorn look was quickly replaced with an amused face. She was always here, and got questions like this often. Blue eyes looking back up she waved her bandaged hand dismissively. "Just working on these seals. I haven't made much progress." Her left hand twirled the pencil between her fingers and began drumming absently. 'Not without...' She withheld herself from finishing that thought and just gave Myles a pleasant look. "What about you? Besides daydreaming I mean."
Back to top Go down
Spinkulele

Spinkulele

Enough Rope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough Rope   Enough Rope EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 5:35 pm

Myles nodded his head, moving his gaze across the table for a second to form his sentence, looking back to her. "Readin', my accent may not hint it, but I love a good book."  Not having T.V. for a good portion of his life really fueled his desire to read.  He never really used it, it always was a bit condescending feeling to, but his vocabulary was much beyond he put off.  His eyes followed her arm waving.  He had finally noticed her waving her arm around and the bandages upon it.  He wondered what could have caused it as he looked down at the paper, taking in her first remark.

Seals...Interesting, he always thought his power was kind of out there, but this seemed so much more internal.  Most people manipulated things or themselves.  But she had it all in her noggin from what he could gather and it was a cool thought.  He realized he had zoned out for a second there.  With a stretch he segued into his next question as smoothly as could be after he had just awkwardly stared into this random girl's eyes.  "So, seals huh? Never heard that before, what do they do?"
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Enough Rope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough Rope   Enough Rope EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 5:25 pm

The girl nodded along. Reading was something people did a lot of in the library. Although most kids these days didn't enjoy reading very much. Which Rebecca could understand. Being forced to read a book for class was terribly boring. And she usually felt unwilling to read it. Yet when a good book came along, she'd find herself reading it. That was when she was not working on her seals that is. Seals were more important to her than books. Rebecca was practically obsessed with creating them. And only created a total of three of them. None of the seals she had created so far would not see any more usage. They were too dangerous.

The girl lit up when the subject changed to her creations. A large smile grew on her face. "Seals can do anything! As long as I can figure out the correct characters, or runes." She gestured over to her paper, where a half finished design sat. "In theory, they can contain things, allow people to communicate without talking, or maybe even healing." Blue eyes looked down at the paper. "Once they are ready, I can generate them without having to go through and write them all the time, ya' know?" She was enthusiastic in her delivery, flipping through a few of the drafts she had written to show Myles what she did.

To a regular mind, it looked like mindless scribbles. But to her, she was able to pick out individual characters and their effects.
Back to top Go down
Spinkulele

Spinkulele

Enough Rope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough Rope   Enough Rope EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 5:50 pm

Myles messed with his tongue in his cheek as he looked down at the paper.  It was a series of odd drawings, and he certainly had no understanding of the whole thing on the paper.  He tilted his head at the hieroglyphics before him, before feigning understanding at the thing, but then deciding to be honest.  "I'm interested, but I don't think I understand what any of this means...how 'bout you tell me about some of the symbols, for all I know I could help, I have nothin' better to do in my current condition."
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Enough Rope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough Rope   Enough Rope EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 5:50 pm

She raised an eyebrow in response but did not argue against the idea. Maybe if she could get someone to understand the way her friend had, the school would be a bit more bearable. With a nod, she slid the paper to the side and pulled out a new one. A serious look crossed her face as Rebecca explained. "You see, the way they are written effects their results." Her pencil began a horizontal line, and directed at it with the eraser. "The order in which strokes are written, effects the symbol." Her entire power was insanely complex. It was a reason why she didn't have many seals created. They mainly blew up in her face when she went to test them.

"For example, a general rule is that all horizontal lines go first. It's supposed to stabilize the character." She paused and glanced over at him. "If you are any good at chemistry, it's like balancing a chemical equation."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Enough Rope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough Rope   Enough Rope Empty

Back to top Go down

Enough Rope
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: School Grounds :: Library-
Jump to: