Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

New Year Visit [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11130

New Year Visit [Open] Empty
PostSubject: New Year Visit [Open]   New Year Visit [Open] EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Ellen pulsed her lips together as she stood at the stood at the entrance of Beata, her emerald eyes scanning over the single letter that she held in her gloved hands. Along with the black gloves she was wearing, she also had a dark blue hoodie along with white sweatpants - simple yet warm and cozy. It was clear from just looking at her that she wasn't a student - being that she was old enough to be in college (which she was) and only had her purse and a bag with her. It was the kind of bag that a present would come in - which exactly was what it was. A bit late seeing how Christmas was already done and the New Year was upon them, but she thought it was better late then never. The gift bag sat at her feet as she read the letter for the billionth time, smiling softly at the sweet and joyful words that was written within, along with the sad ones of missing the holidays.

Once she was finished reading the letter, she folded it back up and gently placed it away in her purse before leaning down to pick up the bag. It was a soft blue gift bag with white snowflake designs covering it that she had thought was adorable - thus the reason she got it. Also, it was rather cheap which was nice seeing how she was a college student and didn't have a lot of money to spare. A soft sigh escaped her however as she glanced around the school ground, unsure of where to go. Her visit here was rather...Sudden and she hadn't really thought about how she was going to find her brother. Devin wasn't even aware that she was coming.

Her long dark brown curly hair cascaded down her back as she started to walk toward the entrance of the building that loomed above her, hoping she could find somebody that would direct her around. This school reminded her of the college in New York she went to - meaning that she would no doubt get lost. Devin had mentioned how big this school was so many times but she figured he was just more or less saying that because he had barely been out of the house before...But no, it seemed Beata was a large academy. They even had their own town! Hopefully somebody would be nice enough to help her.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 9956

PostSubject: Re: New Year Visit [Open]   New Year Visit [Open] EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 6:55 pm

Two other students were passing through, each holding a pair of skates in their hands. The tallest one and oldest one was Leo, who's blond hair was bright even under the beanie he wore over his head. The shortest and youngest was Aleta, who's dark hair was a mess and was only contained by the cream colored beanie. They both talked excitedly about their trip to the lake, and what had transpired there. Mostly it was Aleta landing her jumps and Leo trying his hand at teaching someone to skate. Yet, they had fun either way.

The prefect paused as he spotted a figure ahead. She was most definitely not a student as she looked too old to be someone of the school. Leo gave his sister a look before approaching the visitor. As Leo got closer, the look of someone that was going to be lost was written across her face. Now, Leo was not an expert at reading people's faces. But it was similar to someone who had not been to the school before. Thus most likely not someone from Rosebury too.

"Do you need help, ma'am?" The prefect offered carefully as he approached. Aleta following a little bit behind him, disappointed that their conversation about skating was interrupted.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: New Year Visit [Open]   New Year Visit [Open] EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 7:06 pm

Ellen was surprised by the voice behind her, causing her to turn to look at who had spoke up. She blinked upon seeing the pair with their skates, but she quickly gave them a smile as she let out a small nervous laugh. "I do," she said sweetly as she shifted her purse slightly on her shoulder with her free hand. "I'm looking for the..." she paused for a few seconds, trying to recall off the top of her head what her brother had stated in his letter. "The Autumn dorms I believe?" There was a bit of uncertainty in there but she was sure that was what house he was in...At least she hoped she was recalling correctly. After a few moments she quickly stretched out her hand for a shake, figuring she should at least introduce herself. "Oh, and I am Ellen. Its nice to meet the two of you," she said, smiling as brightly as she could.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: New Year Visit [Open]   New Year Visit [Open] EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:27 pm

Leo tilted his head as she spoke of the Autumn dorms. He was a bit confused as to why, but he held his tongue on that matter for right then. "Well, we were heading that way. We can take you there with us." The brother took a glance at his sister. Aleta wasn't paying much attention, her brown eyes fixated on the skates. There was a thoughtful and distant look on her face, so the prefect didn't break her train of thought. Leo looked back at her and quickly took her hand with a pleasant smile.

"Nice to meet you, Ellen. I'm Leo." He returned the bright smile, before giving his little sister a nudge. The girl's gaze snapped up, and heat spread across her cheeks.

"Oh! Sorry. I'm Aleta~"

ooc- Lazy post, sorry. ;A;
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: New Year Visit [Open]   New Year Visit [Open] EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 6:58 am

Leo? Aleta? Ellen almost wanted to snicker because in a moment she recognized those names - Devin had mentioned them in most of his letters. But she quickly threw on her best poker face to hide the fact she knew them, really wanting to see how they reacted when she found Devin. So, she just kept returning the smile as she happily shook Leo's hand. "That would be wonderful, thank you." As she let go of Leo's hand, she let her hand move to her purse to simply push it a bit higher on her shoulder as she scanned the two. Now that she looked at them, she was pretty sure they were indeed Devin's friend - which she found the fact that she had ran into them of all people rather amusing in its own right. What was the chances of all of the students she manged to run into these two?
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: New Year Visit [Open]   New Year Visit [Open] EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 7:58 am

"Let's go then~" The prefect then lead the way towards the Autumn dorms. Which were one of the five building in that direction. Four of them were the same size, while there was a smaller dormitory. While they walked, Aleta picked up the conversation from where they left off. Within the few minutes to the dorm, the conversation died off, allowing Leo to ask Ella his begging question. Who in the Autumn house would she be looking for?

"Who are you looking for in the Autumn house? I know everyone's dorms so I can lead you to the right one." It was something that came with being a prefect. Knowing each dorm and its occupants. That is if something were to happen.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: New Year Visit [Open]   New Year Visit [Open] EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 8:09 am

Ellen was happy to just listen to Aleta and Leo talk as they lead the way for her. She took the time to look around the campus, marveling at how beautiful it was. It was indeed the safe-haven that Devin had made it to be - peaceful other then students milling around here and there. As she  saw the students she found herself wondering what their powers were. She only knew a handful of the type of powers there were but she was sure there was countless types. Of course, she was happy to be normal - she was sure having a gift wasn't all that it seemed to be. It did lead Devin to be stuck within the confines of their home for so many years...

"Wha?" She blinked when she heard Leo ask a question directed at her - having not been paying attention to even know that Leo and Aleta had ceased their conversation. Upon realizing what he asked, a soft frown almost appeared on her face. Awww, he just had to ask. It was going to ruin the fun of it being a surprise but she supposed she could simply deal with how Devin would respond to her being here. "Oh...Devin Morris," she stated with a soft sigh, running a hand through her curly hair. "I'm looking for Devin Morris." Her eyes soon flickered down to the gift bag she had in her other hand, hoping that Devin would enjoy the present she got him.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: New Year Visit [Open]   New Year Visit [Open] EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 10:47 am

Leo held the door open for Aleta and Ellen, letting them in before himself. As she spoke, she mentioned Devin. The prefect blinked a few times before registering who this person was. After a bit of careful observation he could see bit of resemblance between the two. Devin's sister? A grin split across his face. "Oh! He's my friend. I know exactly where his dorm is~" Amused, the prefect beckoned the visitor down the hall. Leo slowed to a stop in front of the dorm; 405. He took a step away, and gestured at the door, letting her do the knocking.

Aleta looked back and forth between Leo and the visitor. Why was she looking for Devin? It seemed that Leo understood what was happening, but Aleta didn't seem to follow. With a confused look on her face, the sibling followed closely behind her brother. Absentmindedly, she fiddled with the laces to the skates.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: New Year Visit [Open]   New Year Visit [Open] EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 3:32 pm

She simply nodded happily at Leo when he stated he knew extract where her brother's dorm was - failing to notice how confused Aleta was. She had been scanning the doors, almost pausing when she noticed that Dorm 404 seemed to be missing. Weird...When they came to Dorm 405, she came to a stop as she looked at her two who had led her here. With Leo gesturing her to knock, she did so hoping that Devin was home.

Devin was indeed home. Sleeping, but home. Having grown wings in the last few months had been a bit of a burden to the young student mostly when it came to lying down and sleeping. Unless he wanted to lie on his wings he was forced to sleep on his side or stomach but he had found a way to sleep on his back - only it required being on the couch to do so. One of his wings hung off the side, spreading out in a lazy fashion as the other wing was folded over him like a blanket.

The knocking on the door awoke him, causing him to blink his eyes open to blackness. It took a few moments to realize that his wing was spread over his face. Focusing himself up, he stretched out as he looked over his shoulder at the closed door. Who was here? What time was it? He glanced around for the clock only to see that he had been asleep for a few hours...Whoops. It was supposed to have been a short nap. Devin forced himself up as he hurried toward the door. "Hello?" he asked in a confused tone as soon as he opened up the door but before he could see who it was.

"Devy!" The moment the door creaked open and Devin revealed himself, Ellen dropped the gift bag (don't worry, nothing breakable was in there) and threw herself forward to hug him as tightly as she could. She didn't care that he quickly tensed for a moment before relaxing as he realized who was attaching themselves to him. However, she blinked upon seeing the black wings. "What is up with the wings?"

While Devin was not pleased with the fact that his old nickname was used, he was rather surprised the fact that his sister was in the middle of smothering him to death. Wigging around enough so he could once again breath instead of his face being buried in his sister's chest, he gave her a soft smile the best he could as he shuffled his wings. "Ellen! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in New York? And...The wings are a long story." He did have to pause when he saw Leo and Aleta standing not far off. "Oh...Hey."
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: New Year Visit [Open]   New Year Visit [Open] EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 11:56 am

The moment Devin opened the door was the moment that Aleta put it together. Her mouth opened in a 'o' shape, staring after the siblings as they greeted each other. After a moment, she looked back at Leo with a look that asked something along the lines of; 'did-you-expect-this?'. Of all the people to run into on the way back from skating, it would be Devin's sister. What were the odds of that? Aleta gave Devin a smile and waved back at him, hiding her surprise from him.

Leo himself was grinning was the sister embraced her brother. Being separated from the younger sibling for a while wasn't fun. Especially when they are pretty close. As much as Leo would like to say he was close with Aleta, he'd be lying. It was only since Aleta arrived did she start warming up to him. And that was only because she didn't know anyone else. Which was hardly comforting. Yet she still put up a smiling face whenever he was around. So Leo decided she didn't hate him that much still.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: New Year Visit [Open]   New Year Visit [Open] EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:43 pm

Ellen frowned worryingly when Devin stated that the wings were a long story, wondering if they had anything to do with the long break of letters that happened a few months ago. However, she decided to push that off to the side, having a feel he might not want to talk about it. Instead, she decided to answer his question. "Well, in your last letter you mentioned how you missed Christmas and I am still on break so...I thought I would come for a visit!" She however did pause when she saw that Devin's friends weren't saying much, turning her attention to them. "You two friends were very helpful," she said warmly with a smile as she finally released Devin from his hug. "I can see why you speak so highly of them in your letters."

Devin turned to look at her when she spoke up. A soft smile appeared on his lips, feeling all warm and happy by the fact that she had decided to go out of her way just to visit him. He hadn't taken notice of the bag at his sister's feet. His attention turned to Leo and Aleta when his sister mentioned them and finally let him go. He blushed slightly when his sister just had to mention that he spoke highly of them, wondering what they would think about that. He did mention them a lot, mainly because they were his best friends. He figured they already knew each other names, but he just wanted to be sure. "Leo, Aleta, this is my older sister Ellen. Ellen, these are my two best friends Leo and Aleta."

Ellen raised an eyebrow as her brother introduced her to his friends, a smile lighting up her face as she gently shouldered him. "I've already figured that out, you know. We already introduced ourselves to each other before they led me here."

Devin turned to look at her, pouting slightly. "I figured that but-"

He didn't get much farther, cutting off when Ellen reached over and ruffled his hair (being carefully not to poke herself on his horns) with a giggle. "I'm just teasing you, Devy."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Year Visit [Open]   New Year Visit [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

New Year Visit [Open]
Page 1 of 1