Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10530

Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]    Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 4:40 pm

Oh, so that's what they wanted to do? Throwing a dart at a balloon and silently pleading to yourself that the point would pierce the thin, rubbery surface instead of bouncing off and flopping to the ground? Not that she could complain, but it wasn't exactly what she had thought they were going to do. Whatever floated their boat, though... If they enjoyed it and were happy with playing something made purely for skill, then that was alright. Lagging behind the trio, Adeline's eyes couldn't help but nervously flicker around from the number of people around. Her petite stature made it so easy for her to mingle in with the crowd and get lost. It was only a hindrance, and she felt only the dreading sense of anxiety welling up in her chest. Maybe she shouldn't have let go of his hand. He had to constantly look back over his shoulder to make sure she wasn't left behind.

They were inching closer to the seemingly empty booth, a few students leaving defeated without anything in their hands. Her hand readjusted the collar of her jacket, peering past the squirming, colored balloons lined up against the wall, trying to fly with the wind and escape their fate, and towards the stall of prizes. Stuffed animals, plushies of classic franchises, inflatable mallets, bags of cotton candy, and a few other things that she couldn't bother to identify. Was it really worth it to spend their money in hopes of winning something that they weren't going to get for sure? Maybe this was their way of having fun, but she felt so out of place. She'd never been at a carnival or festival without her brother or maybe even Callum, but now she was stuck in a sea where everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and she was just a sitting duck.

Aspen was the first to cash in her money. The eager look on her face and how filled with determination she was to hit one with every single dart, that smile, it made her feel queasy. Each loud bang! bothered her and her hands were closely beginning to reach towards her ears to at least try and muffle the noise between her thick mittens. Four, the last one missing by scarcely a centimeter or so. Once the peppy girl had gone to claim her prize, Barry had took her place, slipping the bills into the man's hands, leveling the darts. His aim seemed to be so misdirected or maybe it was the heavy wind - she wasn't sure. And then it was Magic's turn.

He seemed so confident in himself as he stepped up and positioned himself in front of the stand. Each one smacked themselves down the center of the light, rubbery spheres of shining colors. They weren't as loud this time, and she brought her eyes up to look a bit, letting out an inaudible sigh of relief. Magic must've manipulated it so that it wouldn't bother him as much and break his concentration. She blinked, faintly surprised at his success, and smiled. There was a mix of dread and embarrassment as he gestured to the game-bearer to grab the teddy bear that was hanging loosely at the very tips of the stall. That wasn't something that he would normally get... He didn't seem like the kind of person who owned plushies.

And then he had brought it to her.

Adeline tried to stutter out a polite refusal, but every single word was caught within her throat and didn't want to leave, stuck in a sticky web as though weaved by a spider.

She didn't know why, but as he placed it into her hands, she had willingly accepted it. Adeline wanted to reassure herself that he had maybe just asked her to hold onto it for him for later or anything like that, but the moment he spoke up, that hope was crushed. The bear itself was as white as snow with beady black charcoal eyes and embroidered nose and a mouth curved into the faintest of smiles. A black and white checkered ribbon rested right beneath its chin. Hugging the plush close to her chest, she couldn't muster up the courage to look up at him. It seemed like the kind that was soft and fluffy, but she didn't know for sure. How could she know?

Why...?

Magic didn't have to get her anything. She would've been fine without it. And yet, she couldn't even say 'no'.

Adeline hid her blush, masking it with the bear's head, a tiny smile crossing her features before dropping. "Y-you d-d-didn't have to g-get me a-anything..." Her eyes rested on her hands, cautious to make sure it didn't fall out of her grasp. She wouldn't know unless she consistently made sure, and a gift was something that she should never lose. Even if it wasn't necessary. "B-but... uhm... th-than---" God fuck her failures. The most crucial moment and she couldn't say 'thank you'. Shaking her head, she tried again and again, but it didn't work. The words wouldn't come out. With a defeated sigh, her eyes suddenly found themselves interested in the Ferris Wheel that towered over the entire festival.

Truth be told, the lights and the way they sparkled like stars in the dark was what had caught her attention. But it was only her feeble attempt to look anywhere but at him. "Th-th-thank y-you......"
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

Beata Bucks : 8627

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]    Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 6:11 pm

Aspen had felt slightly more confident when she popped more balloons then Barry had did, and although he didn't get a fancy prize he still had won! The autumn had politely clapped for her room-mate, "Way to go Barry!" Aspen had said with a smile glancing at the whistle that he had won. "Oh cool! Can I blow in it, I love these things!" Aspen had asked although it was Magic's turn and the autumn had turned too watch. Incredibly Magic had been able too pop all of the balloons! After seeing that it made her feel less confident and slightly jealous but Aspen was happy for him. "Yeees!!! Way too go Magic!!!" The autumn had said jumping up and down, she wasn't exactly sure why she was so happy she felt like a little girl, since they typically got extremely happy when they win cute little dolls. Aspen blinked when Magic had gave his little prize too Lamia and Aspen snickered quietly, pondering on the thought if Lamia still had that little crush for Magic. Although she didn't want too embarrass Lamia any more Aspen dismissed the thought. Aspen wasn't exactly sure if Lamia wanted too play or not, she figured that if she wanted to play she would speak up but the autumn kind of wanted too hop onto the ferris wheel before the line got too long. "Alright! Should we play some more games or go onto the ferris wheel?!"
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8367

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]    Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 6:18 pm

Barry, oblivious as ever, barely registered the fact that Magic had given his prize to Lamia. When Aspen mentioned what they wanted to do next, he didn't really have anything in mind. "It doesn't really matter to me, but I don't do well with heights so you guys have fun on the ferris wheel. I might go get something ti eat while you do." he said, stomach gurgling as if on command.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9280

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]    Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 6:46 pm

She was right he didn't have to. He wanted to. He just hoped she liked it. It seemed like she liked it from the way she was holding it. He gave her a soft smile even though he knew she wasn't looking. He turned away from her to look at the others to determine what to do next. He felt slightly embarrassed that he did that in front of them but he really wanted to win her something. He ran a hand through his hair, and let out a small sigh.

He shifted slightly then decided to reply. "I'm up for the Ferris wheel." He simply stated. He had already won something for Adeline, so there really wasn't a point in playing any more games unless he saw something he wanted which was unlikely. He wasn't really ever interested in prizes won from games and festivals. Also he wasn't hungry at the moment so there wasn't a point in getting food. So the Ferris wheel seemed like the best option.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]    Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 11:46 am

Aspen's voice rose above the crowd and drew attention from other people, who had shot odd looks at the blonde Autumn first before turning towards the person she had addressed. It really didn't help that Magic's name was well-known throughout the school and his appearance was instantly recognizable from the tournament. The stares completely unnerved her, and the rosy pink on her cheeks were now glowing a bright red. She had contemplated on reaching for her hood and pulling it over her head, but from all of her hesitation, the students had already turned away, lifting an awkward weight off her shoulders. Why had Aspen attracted others' watchful eyes, scrutinizing the two of them for awhile before returning their own business? Why in front of all of these people? Adeline was beyond embarrassed, almost ashamed that she wound up wasting someone else's time with this whole charade.

Her arms shifted slightly, hugging the teddy bear tighter - was it tighter or was she loosening up? -, hoping at least that it wouldn't fall out of her grasp. It was almost awkward, keeping a hold on it. She felt like a kid, a child whose only lifeline was the one toy that they held precious to them, and were unwilling to go anywhere without. Wasn't she too old for this? Way too old? What could she do with something like that anyway? It was childish. Stupid. Foolish. And outright embarrassing. It wasn't like she wanted it, but at the same time... That really didn't explain why she kept the pink one Aspen had gifted to her or the number of plushies she held onto from childhood that her mother or Kearn had presented to her on Christmas or her birthday. Agh... she really was just like a child who couldn't do anything.

She glanced back towards her friends, smiling almost sheepishly, even if her mouth was still hidden by the plush's head, which had begun to nod a little back and forth. Adeline had zoned out, her gaze glued to her shoes, and before she realized it, they had begun to mention the Ferris Wheel. Oh. Did Aspen only suggest it because she had been looking in that direction? That wasn't what she had intended at all! Nope, nope, nope. It was just a distraction. She definitely didn't want to get on... At least, not yet? Her friends seemed to almost decided already, and in her stupor, she barely processed what they had said.

They were almost looking at her expectantly, waiting on her answer. The bottom of her lip trembled a bit and she wound up ducking her head further down, trying to figure out what to say. What would her brother have said in this situation? What had he said about Ferris wheels back at home when they went to these events? She couldn't recall properly, but there was the vague idea in her mind. After a moment of deliberation, Adeline took a deep breath. "U-uhm... I-isn't it a b-better idea to g-go on the... uhm... F-ferris wheel when th-the fireworks are o-on?" Now that she had actually let the words come out of her mouth, the suggestion sounded completely and utterly stupid. When the hell had she started taking the initiative? Never.

"I m-mean... uhm... I w-wasn't r-r-really..." Much to her chagrin, her voice trailed off and she never managed to finish her sentence. If they didn't go to the Ferris Wheel now, it meant food or more games. Maybe she should've agreed to them, like she normally would. Whenever she tried to come up with or make a decision, it always led to the worst case scenario. But if she didn't say anything against the idea, then Barry would've been left alone. It wouldn't have been right, not at all. "I c-can st-st-stay behind i-if you two w-want to go."
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]    Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 4:08 pm

Aspen blinked when Barry had said he didn't want too go on the ferris wheel. It was slightly dissapointing the autumn had wanted all of them too go on it and look at the sky. But if Barry was afraid of heights guess the ferris wheel really wasn't for him. "Oh uh well!" If Barry had went out too eat by himself Aspen would have felt bad for him, and besides why did he want too do stuff on his own? They were all hanging out here with each other after all. Aspen was about too say something before Lamia had interrupted. Watching the fireworks on the ferris wheel sure seemed like a good idea, and Aspen had also brought along her camera for pictures. "Okay, good idea we can go eat and take some pictures until then!" Aspen said with a smile, although the blonde had hoped that the line wouldn't be too long for the ferris wheel when it gets darker.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]    Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 4:57 pm

"Sounds like a plan." The Autumn replied. "I love carnival, err... festival, food." He looked around and noticed the huge line at the Ferris Wheel. "Besides, you'd have to wait forever to actually get on the ride in the first place. Maybe if we eat and come nack the line will be shorter." he added.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]    Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 5:03 pm

At this point he was just going along with whatever. "Sounds good." He looked around, "Where was the food place again?" He rarely ever came to these things, so he didn't exactly know what to look for. If he recalled correctly the last thing he went to like this was a good many years ago, before he discovered his gift. He didn't really care for all of the noises. The good thing was there was plenty of people here that the voices melted together instead of hearing the individual conversations. He could deal with that.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]    Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:04 pm

Pictures... She didn't necessarily hate them - hell, she had asked Magic if he wanted to take one with her back on the first day in Chicago. But, Adeline never felt comfortable when the camera was on her. It was like being put into the spotlight and you had to look your utmost best no matter what. She didn't consider herself photogenic; her smiles always seemed lopsided and half-hearted and she was a complete mess overall. The fact that Aspen wanted to allowed a feeling of trepidation to wash over her, and she bit her the bottom of her lip. She couldn't refuse. It was her friend who was asking this. It wouldn't be fair to simply say 'no.' What a pushover... They didn't even have to say anything and she would comply.

The lines were too long, so maybe there was a plus to her minimal advantage. Then again, people would be scrambling to get a spot in the top cartridge - container? - on the Ferris Wheel later at night to get the best view of the fireworks physically possible. Hopefully, it would be dead enough that they could get there in time. She would've wrung her hands if she could, only they were stuffed with bear, so her next instinct was to awkwardly shuffle her feet. Adeline's eyes glanced at Magic slightly in curiosity. He didn't know where the food place was?

. . .

Oh right. He avoided places like this often. Of course he didn't know. "U-uhm... Th-there are booths a-all around, b-b-but there m-might be a r-restaurant or c-cafe down s-somewhere..." She should've picked up a map before she came through the entrance. God, that was stupid of her. Was the noise too overwhelming for him? It was by chance that she had brought her MP3 with her this time. Would've been bad if she forgot it. Did he need it right now? No. He doesn't need your help. The last time he saw the device anyway was when... yeah, maybe not a good idea to bring an object like that back up right now.
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]    Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 10:44 pm

Cool! So Aspen wasn't the only one had felt hungry now. Her stomach had let out a quiet rumble and the autumn blushed slightly. "Well my belly is very hungry so let's look around for a place!" The blonde had said with a smile about too scamper off before hearing Magics question, "Yeaaah I figured that we could just get some snacks but Lamia's right there should be a actual place too eat around here.." Aspen had said glancing around too look for a big sign or some sort of thing that pointed at a place to eat. When she saw one she glanced back towards the others, "Found one! Let's go check it out." She said waving at everybody too follow after her. When they had got closer the autumn had got a closer look, the menu had said it was some fancy sushi place which was a little weird. Who would eat sushi at a festival? "Well what do you guys think? You want some sushi or look around some more." Asking was probably pointless since everybody didn't really care. Magic probably would agree to anything as well as Barry and Lamia would probably not speak up. Sighing the autumn had felt slightly frustrated, she had wished that they just decided on one idea.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]    Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 4:45 am

Barry shrugged. "Sushi's fine with me." he said. He didn't really care for seafood, but it wasn't the worst food in the world. He looked around a bit more and saw the most delicious looking burger stand. "Actually, let's go eat at that burger place down there." he said, pointing to the stand, "Those burgers look amazing right now."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]    Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 5:31 pm

Sushi? It was pretty good hamburgers were pretty good too. Magic didn't mind which one they went to. "I'm good with whatever, I'm not a picky eater." Magic said glancing back to Adeline. "Hey Barry," He said walking up to the boy. "We need to hang out sometime, just the two of us. We probably have a lot of catching up to do." Mason said to Barry. He had remember that they remembered who they were to each other in the past, but they never did anything about it. Hell they hadn't spoken since the forest incident.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]    Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 1:44 pm

If she had to be completely honest with herself, she would've gone with sushi over burgers; the way the grease seeped and how unhealthy it was - it made her a tiny bit sick and the thought of it made her dizzy. Back in Chicago, she said nothing about it when Magic chose, half because she didn't want him to bother looking around the entire city for something she would've liked to it and half because it was his vacation, not hers. Sushi was somewhat familiar at least. Nostalgic food leads to an impartial opinion. Barry wanted burgers, Aspen wanted sushi, and Magic didn't care. The decision was weighed on her shoulders... and she didn't like it.

Once he had stepped away from her, Adeline's hand reached up to her bangs, keeping a small grasp on them as she absentmindedly followed her friends, a mask of thought slipping over her face, eyes glued to the ground. There had to be a way to do this without upsetting someone. The two meal choices were too different from one another to find them in the same restaurant or stand. They couldn't find a decent way to do this. Her gaze wandered to her bag, her fingers slipping in and reached the smooth yet bumpy surface of a metal. Snatching the nickel, glinting from the light, the lustrous silvery-white metal seeping of a goldish tint. Could there be another way? Would this work? Try it yourself instead of hesitating.

Eyeing Aspen, who seemed to be more than exasperated, she turned first towards the oriental and welcoming entrance of the sushi place and then to the vivid, bright colors of the burger place only a little bit off to the side, neon lights blaring and demanding everyone to come in, as though in a trance. A cold beat of sweat dripped down her forehead as she tried to force herself to speak up. It shouldn't be this hard - so why was it? Why was she so awful at doing anything? Almost a little too suddenly, her throat feeling dry and voice paper-thin, with enough determination, she managed to make a tiny suggestion that was drowned out by the rest of the people around.

"W-we c-c-could uhm... fl-flip a coin t-to decide..." Now that it was out of her mind and brought to words, Adeline found the idea almost pathetically lame and terrible. She shouldn't have said anything and just gone with whatever. It was bad to say things like this. The whole thing seemed fair yet it didn't. She really shouldn't be doing this or trying to take charge or saying anything.

"I-I m-mean... if y-you want."

That just made it worse, didn't it? Stupidstupidstupid.
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]    Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:39 pm

Burgers? Aspen had turned her head slightly at that word. It wasn't the most healthiest thing too eat but they still were pretty tasty! And she was up for burgers sushi wasn't really her type anyways -- to fancy for her. Smiling the autumn nodded "Oka--" She stopped remembering Lamia, it seemed like she didn't care either but she brought up the idea of the coin flip. It's been awhile since Aspen had done a coin-flip it was usually done when friends argued and didn't know what too do. Whatever still a good idea though "Yeaah! Lets do that." The blonde said pulling out a small cute little green wallet opening it and grabbing a shiny quarter. "Alrighty" The blonde had said tossing the quarter in the air and catching it with her hand. "Heads for Burgers, Tails for Sushi." The autumn had said revealing the quarter which had the head symbol on top. "Burger's it is!"
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]    Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:55 pm

Barry smiled at Magic's request. "Yeah definitely. I'm up for that whenever." he replied. It really had been so long since they had just talked. He turned back to Lamia and Aspen just as they were about to flip the coin. He watched it flip up in the air and land back down in Aspen's hand. It landed on heads. 'Yes!' he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]    Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sometimes I get a good feeling!! [Closed groupie topic :DD]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next