Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Things Seen and Unseen

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8768

Things Seen and Unseen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things Seen and Unseen   Things Seen and Unseen - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 7:15 pm

"Well, we're already here." She must have been new. Logan opened the door with his free hand, walking into the Infirmary. A few people dappled beds here and there, but it was mostly vacant, a quiet week. That was always good, injured people weren't too happy. He looked around. "Can you go behind the curtain, in the closet, and get an extra blanket?" He didn't want to put it down, or do too much to wake it up. He peeked out the window, to where the sky began to turn orange. He would probably miss his streak of uninterrupted independent sunset watches. Dammit. "I'll think of a name for this guy." He paused. "Maybe Evelyn." The boy smirked.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

Beata Bucks : 11238

PostSubject: Re: Things Seen and Unseen   Things Seen and Unseen - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 7:32 pm

Evelyn hadn't been to the infirmary yet, something she was glad for. As she walked to the curtain and closet Logan directed her to, she overheard his suggestion for naming the rabbit. Her eyes widened and her cheeks reddened. Some part of her hoped he wasn't serious, but there was something very small inside of her that liked the sound of that.

She took the moment she had to grab the blanket to regain her composure. When she was sure there wasn't much red left on her cheeks, she grabbed the nearest blanket and left the closet, returning to Logan with the blanket extended. With a braver smile than she would have thought she could manage, she said, "Evelyn is a good name. I might be a little biased, though."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Things Seen and Unseen   Things Seen and Unseen - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 7:57 pm

"Naaah, let's be impartial here." The naah was drawn out as he swaddled the bunny softly. Its eyes opened from a brief second, accompanied by an ear twitch, but it seemed to feel no need to freak out, and went back to a soft snooze. Logan layed it down on a bed, a tiny bunny on a relatively large mattress. Logan looked at it for a moment with a ponderous frown. "What about Chi?" He had a bunny from his childhood named Chi, from before he was even five, named after the abbreviation for Chicago he saw while his dad was watching a Mariners/Cubs game. The weird things children picked up. That bunny sadly "died," which was parent-terms for letting him free. He felt like that bunny's spirit had to live on. Besides, he was thinking about getting a pet...
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: Things Seen and Unseen   Things Seen and Unseen - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 8:52 pm

Evelyn watched Logan gently swaddle the rabbit and set it on the bed. She thought it looked like a child's toy, awaiting its owner to pick it up and cuddle it tightly. At the name suggestion, she smiled, looking up at Logan again.
"I like that name," she said, nodding slightly as she considered it. "Chi." It was whispered as she looked back at the bunny, and she nodded more firmly, agreeing wholely that it was the perfect name for this rabbit.

"Are you going to keep it, or set it free once it's alright?" Evelyn asked after a moment. She wondered if it was even possible to tame a rabbit that had grown up in the wild.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Things Seen and Unseen   Things Seen and Unseen - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 2:43 pm

"I don't know." He scratched his head, even though there was no itch. That was the thing you did in those situations, wasn't it? Slant-mouthed and indecisive, he sighed, crossing his arms. "I don't think I can keep it, to be honest. I work a lot. I can't take care of a bunny in my room and humans in here." A joking smile crossed his face at the formation of a half-serious idea. "Unless we keep him down here as a mascot or something."
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: Things Seen and Unseen   Things Seen and Unseen - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 2:49 pm

Silently, Evelyn considered that for a moment. A mascot for the infirmary. She knew a lot of people might find comfort in something so soft and cute, it wasn't that bad of an idea.
"People can take turns feeding it and whatnot," she suggested, shrugging. "It is a wild rabbit, though, maybe domesticating it isn't the greatest idea."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Things Seen and Unseen   Things Seen and Unseen - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 2:58 pm

"It's just a little little bunny." He looked down on it, and gave her a cock-browed expression. "Who cares if the little guy is wild?" He thought she was all for domesticating it, but maybe it was right to let it free. Sure, it almost got killed out there, but it was where it belonged. His shoulders slouched. "Maybe I shouldn't have given it a name..."
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: Things Seen and Unseen   Things Seen and Unseen - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 3:04 pm

Evelyn could tell that Logan was somewhat disappointed. She looked away from him and back at the rabbit, weighing the pros and cons of each option. While the bunny was certainly born in the wild, it seemed comfortable where it was, unconcerned with a few people standing around it. Ultimately, the decision wasn't up to her; after all, she had never even been to the infirmary before and it was still her first week. She glanced up at Logan one more time before sighing.

"It does look pretty young," she said carefully. "And Chi is too good of a name to let it go to waste by letting the little thing outside again. I suppose keeping it around wouldn't be so bad."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Things Seen and Unseen   Things Seen and Unseen - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 3:07 pm

Logan didn't smile just yet, though. He looked to the side, putting his hands in his pockets. "We'll see what the others think about it," he said. He'd always been eccentric, but not this eccentric. Bringing a bunny into the infirmary was a weird thing to do out of the blue. "Well, thank you for at least taking him over with me. If anything goes wrong, I'll make sure to leave him on your doorstep and never contact you again." He'd begun to be smirky, and that point in time was no exception.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: Things Seen and Unseen   Things Seen and Unseen - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 3:17 pm

Evelyn smiled at him and nodded, agreeing.
"Thank you for letting me walk with you," she said, shrugging slightly. "And you're always welcome to show up on my doorstep, rabbit or not." She surprised herself with the line, and smiled sheepishly, shuffling slightly.

"Anyway, I'll see you around, Logan. Take care of Chi, I'll be checking up on him." With that, Evelyn waved at the boy, reached down to run a gentle hand down the rabbit's flank, and turned to leave the infirmary. It had been an eventful afternoon, but not unpleasant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things Seen and Unseen   Things Seen and Unseen - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things Seen and Unseen
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2