Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Sweet Dreams [open]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9538

Sweet Dreams [open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams [open]   Sweet Dreams [open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 1:00 am

That had to be her one virtue then, he thought in mild amusement, thinking back to the kitchen in their dorm room. "Great, because there's about a dozen more of those up in the room." A whole bundle of defects that Preston didn't give his seal of approval for one reason or another, most of them probably arbitrary to someone like Kayla. They were a mess, but she'd still would get a kick out of them, wouldn't she?

Preston shrugged at her question, "Fuck if I know. You're always getting in fights and blowing shit up though, makes me wonder how dull my life is in comparison." He paused, a look of mild annoyance crossing his face. "Aside from that bullshit tournament anyways." He walked up aside the bench, leaning against the side. There was one chick he supposed he could ring up, but he didn't particularly care to in that moment. There didn't seem much wrong with annoying the belated-birthday girl then.
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12292

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams [open]   Sweet Dreams [open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 1:30 am

Eh, a whole dozen? "Not gonna give them all to your girlfriends?" She had figured any others would've been long gone by now, and if she was lucky, she'd be left with any leftovers that Pres didn't want. Still, she couldn't complain about free cupcakes.

For whatever reason, he followed her. Kayla just sighed, still not looking at him. The last thing she wanted to hear about was the tournament right now. Even if it wasn't showing on her face, she was an inch away from the edge. After what happened, one provocation and she'd probably blow up the infirmary for an excuse to go at someone. Maybe he was right to be afraid of getting wrapped into trouble. "And what, you think that's cool?" She grinned a little at the thought. "Like my life is an action movie or something?"
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams [open]   Sweet Dreams [open] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 12:16 am

He seemed thoughtful for a moment, as if he were seriously considering that, but the stupid smirk on his face gave it away. "That's not a bad idea," Maybe if he handed one off to that girl from earlier in the hallways, he'd get enough mercy to at least get one more ride out of her. She seemed like the real gullible type, but then again, that might've been more trouble than it was worth. "But nah. I made them for your dumb ass. They're all yours."

An action movie isn't quite how he would put it, but he couldn't think of a better sort of comparison. "Something like that," Pres yawned. "Got the whole school watching out for you, special treats from the Headmaster, my dear old dad's attention..." Maybe that was the wrong way to put it, but whatever. He stretched his neck out. "Not quiet as exciting as fucking getting bitch slapped around, but shit."
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams [open]   Sweet Dreams [open] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 5:06 pm

A whole batch of cupcakes for her? Did he accidentally burn a tray or something and need someone to dump them on? Kayla just kept that small bitter smirk and continued to stare out across campus. "Well, start trouble with the right people and maybe you'll get some special treats too." Sparks rippled down the side of her face, as if to illuminate the faded scratch that stretched from earlobe to cheekbone. "It's not really much. Honestly, they just try to boss me around. It kinda pisses me off, y'know...?"

She raised her good hand, watching electricity form between her fingers like wires. "They want me to be one of their dogs. Did your dad ever tell you?"
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams [open]   Sweet Dreams [open] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 11:20 pm

He chuckled under his breath. Great, then. Whose ass did he have to kick? Just give him the time and place. Preston cast a glance aside at the Autumn, just noticing the faint, thin scar across her cheek, mostly hidden by her bands. His brow furrowed. What the fuck? Why hadn't he noticed that before? "Boss you around?" That was rich, he thought, finally taking a seat on the bench next to her. He couldn't get Kayla to pass him a bag of chips, even if he said please. "He might've mentioned it. Obviously, they don't know shit about what they're getting themselves into." He shrugged, glancing up towards the sky. "Isn't that some big fucking honor? Everyone wants to be a 'badass guardian'. Seems right up your alleyway."
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams [open]   Sweet Dreams [open] - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 6:11 pm

She almost could've laughed. An honor? Yeah fucking right... "Do you really think they give a shit about honoring me?" They would've liked that. It would've been their bone to throw to their nice obedient dog, just like Hosa or any of the other people they were probably training beside her. Don't you just feel HONORED to work for me? Something about that kind of thinking rubbed her the wrong way. "They want to use me. That's all. They could give less of a shit about what I think about it." That was her unofficial deal with Headmaster Wright. 'Don't ask questions, do what I say, and maybe if you're a good little dog, I'll throw you a treat or two along the way.'

The fact that he thought that was good enough made her want to zap him out the fucking window. But she didn't. At least, not yet. A chance like this was a little too interesting to reject out of hand, wasn't it?

Kayla just sighed. "It's not all it's cracked up to be. Don't get too jealous."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams [open]   Sweet Dreams [open] - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 10:19 pm

Preston shrugged, glancing across the top of the courtyard. At the very edge, several buildings away, you could make out were the office were, and where the Headmaster was almost undoubtedly in that moment. He didn't exactly knew the guy well, if any at all, but he knew that his father did. He didn't seem like the big, jackass kind of dude, but what the fuck did Pres know? "Use you? For what? Charging their phones?"

"Well, shit. Isn't that great?" He muttered, sarcastically under his breath. The Autumn smirked, glancing back her way. "And here I thought the Guardian-gig would be a good first job." Funny how this would be his last school year. It sucked balls. His brother had already graduated, and him and Verona were next.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams [open]   Sweet Dreams [open] - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 12:04 am

Kayla snorted. "Well, I just said that so you wouldn't shoot me any dirty looks. It might be more your kind of gig than mine." After all, Pres was the biggest tool she knew. He'd probably be more laid back about that kind of thing than she was. "There's not much else to do out here, not unless you wanna go to college. Maybe you can start a pizza delivery place or something, who knows." Right now, it felt odd to have a normal conversation like this, but the more she talked, the more she felt she found her rhythm. Pres was like that. It might've been one of his better qualities. But at the same time, there was always that dark cloud at the back of her mind, something that reminded her of... well, she didn't know how to describe it. Like she and him were whole worlds apart. Even when they were sitting right next to each other, it was like they were on separate sides of a mirror. He was her only anchor of normalcy in a world full of red letters and people in black suits.

A part of it just felt dishonest, to sit here like a normal high school student with a cupcake in her lap, shooting the shit like anybody else. Another part of her just felt stupidly guilty. Back at the hotel... They'd taken his picture too, huh? He could take care of himself, but Pres had his own normal highschool life to live. Just being near him made her feel like she was dragging him into the dark with her. He was a jackass, but he wasn't evil. Did he really deserve to get tangled into that too? Kayla didn't even know what she'd gotten involved in. All she knew was that she was involved.

Her gaze drifted to the cupcake. He made that himself, huh?

For her?

A lopsided grin played on the edges of her lips. It was a little hilarious, really. What'd she do to deserve something like that? Get her wrist broken? Zap Montare? Blow up a cop or two? She was silent for what seemed like hours before she turned her gaze to him again, meeting his eyes.

"What do you think they use Guardians for?" That grin was still there, but there wasn't any hint of happiness to her face. Electricity crackled down her arm. "Phone chargers? Hall monitors?"
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams [open]   Sweet Dreams [open] - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 9:19 pm

The young man laughed under his breath. Yeah, right. You had a better chance of sending him off to China then you did getting him shoved off into some nerd school... Well, maybe. When he pictured himself in college, he could only imagine being in the big bad frat houses, staying out all night in keg parties, and introducing himself to all the young women who were partying away from home for the first time in their lives. He paused his train of thought. On second thought, maybe college wasn't such a bad idea after all, if he wasn't sure he wouldn't last more than one semester without being kicked out.

On the other hand, "Pizza, eh?" He tried to picture himself with a small place of his own, in Rosebury maybe, standing in front of an oven and rolling dough on a daily basis. Maybe it would seem strange to most people, but he couldn't bring himself to thinking he was all too opposed to the idea. "You'd like that, wouldn't you?" His top notch cooking and she'd never even had to get off her ass. "Preston's Pizzeria. I might as well quit school already."

What did they used the Guardians for? Pres actually seemed thoughtful for a few moments before shrugging. "Shame shit we do already, I guess. Except they get paid for it." They send students out on missions all the time, against giant spiders and other wack-jobs. He couldn't imagine them being much worse off. He glanced back over to her, catching her eyes. There was something completely off in the way she looked at him. It forced him to hesitate. "Why don't you tell me, Miss Dog-in-Training?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams [open]   Sweet Dreams [open] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sweet Dreams [open]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2