Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Sounds like a fun time

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9280

Sounds like a fun time Empty
PostSubject: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 12:41 pm

Magic finally decided to go into Rosebury after a while. He had been there before but didn't really go there often because of all the noise. Today it was raining, and that's when the boy decided to go out. The rain would muffle all of the other noises of the town and things. On raining days was when Magic felt particularly normal. He didn't have to deal with his super hearing. The rain wasn't to bad for most of the day, but it still prevent some people from going out. The rain started down pouring chilling the sound man to the bone, and that's when he decided to step inside of a building, and that building happened to be the thrift shop. It was a small shop, but it had a little of a homey feel to it. Magic was looking around a little trying not to shiver from the cold he was feeling at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11130

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 12:52 pm

Hedia was humming softly to herself, her gaze staring blankly ahead as she washed the counter top. She had arrived at Rosebury not along before, her memory of what the school used to be haunting her to not return. The reason of why she had disappeared from Beata the twenty-so years ago was something she didn't wish to discuss, but her power was easily enough to control and had manged to basically master it on her own. She had been able to take over the thrift shop, and now spend most of her time caring for the shop.

The sound of the door opening caught her attention, causing her to shift her blind gaze toward where the sound of steps came from. Rain echoed from outside, but once the door closed it simply became a steady beat once again as it bounced from the roof of the shop. But of course, somebody had come inside along with the sound of the rain. She could hear the sound of rain dripping onto the floor of her shop, the scuffle of him moving around. A visitor was always welcomed, even if they only had entered to escape the downpour.

She paused as she started to fold the cloth she had been using to clean the counter, the possess slow as she took the time to try to make sure she was folding it correctly. It was hard to do simple things when you were blind, but she had manged her whole life doing so with only the echo of sounds to aid her. "Hello," she called out, her voice warm as she set the cloth down and stepped out from the counter. Her shoulder length black hair was tied into a bun and her gray, foggy eyes was pointed faintly in the direction of the new comer. "Escaping the rain?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 1:00 pm

"Yeah.. Sorry about the water.. Rainy days are really the only days I will come out into the town." He said, kind of keeping himself distracted by the stuff in the shop. He didn't really look at the shop owner but could tell exactly where she was from where her voice was coming from. It was nice not hearing the hustle of the town for once. Though he could hear what was going on in the shop at the moment, he was glad to not hear the various voices of the town's people.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 1:06 pm

"Its' fine," Hedia said with a soft, sweet smile. She didn't mind people hiding in her shop to escape the weather as she enjoyed helping others anyway she could. It was a simple thing, but it made her happy nonetheless. "I will simply have to remember to clean the water up before I leave for the day" she responded, making a mental note to do that. While she could use her power to work her way around the world she was unable to see, small (or flat) objects such as water was hard for her to locate so she would need to be careful not to slip on it.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 1:13 pm

"I will try not to move around too much then." He said. He was currently standing in the back of the shop now, but started to follow his water trail back to the front of the shop. He finally was able to get a good look at the shop owner. He noticed her eyes, and that she was blind, but it just may have been the way her eyes looked. So he wanted to test it out. Carefully he silence the sounds of his footsteps and breathing so that way she wouldn't hear where he went. Magic made his way over to the area on the far side of the door. Maybe she would notice? Maybe she wouldn't who knows?
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 1:20 pm

Hedia frowned slightly when he started to move. While there was no sound coming from him, the faint sounds that echoed in the shop bounced off of him and the place he had been was clearly void of him. "For saying you wouldn't try to move around too much, you seem to be moving," she called out, her gaze remaining where he had been, but there was a small smile that appeared on her face. "But, I must admit, I am amazed you silencing your footsteps and breathing. Good thinking," she said with a soft hum.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 6:59 pm

Magic blinked. She must have had a gift, or something. She really was blind. It had to be some sound gift, but he didn't quite know what. "It's kind of my gift." He remarked moving back closer to the owner. "What about this then?" He asked. After saying that he silenced everything in the room, stopping any sounds waves from moving, but he himself didn't move. She could probably easily find him, for he didn't moved. The only thing that would be heard would be her voice if she decided to speak.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 7:47 pm

Hedia had figured that much, but when he silenced everything she froze. The image of her 'world' grew still, unable to update as there was no sound waves for her brain to use to build her mental image of what was around her. She raised an eyebrow, but it was clear she was uncomfortable with the suddenly pure silence as she gently reached out an hand to the end table near her for a form of comfort. "I...I would rather you don't do that," her voice came out as a whisper, uncertain but a form of relief filled her as it echoed in the room, giving her a part of an image to work with. He hadn't moved, but she didn't really care for that much now.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 pm

All the sounds slowly started to return. "Sorry, just wanted to see something. I'm guessing you see through a form of echolocation. Which would be why you freaked out a bit when I did that." Magic said. He leaned on the counted a little. "Really sorry bout that." Magic said again. He didn't really mean to scare the lady, just wanted to see something.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 8:11 am

A sigh of relief filled Heita as the sound returned, giving her once more a image of the world around her before frowning as he started to guess about her gift. "You know, you could have simply askedinstead of rending me completely blind for a few moments," she stated softly yet somehow hard, titling her head slightly. "But you are right, I have the gift of Echolocation. Its the only way I can...Well, 'see' the world around me."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Magic crossed his arms. "I wasn't going to permanently blind you. I'm not that horrible of a person. Also I know how important sound can be to seeing. It allows me to see when I don't have use of my eyes.. also allows me to know when something is coming before I see it.." Magic said to the lady. He listened to the rain for a moment then spoke again, "You probably already know what my gift is." He stated casually.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 6:07 pm

A soft smile appeared on Heita's face as she let out a small laugh. "I never said anything about 'permanently blinding' me - I said completely blind for a few moments." She paused for a few moments, turning as she started to head back to the counter but started to talk once more. "Then you have an idea of how every day is for me then - I've never been able to see for my whole life and when my Gift manifested for the first time, it truly was a gift." Reaching the counter, she slipped behind it again to start cleaning the top of it, nodding her head slightly at the his last sentence. "And yes, I have a feeling you can manipulate sound - only reason I can figure you being able to silence all the sounds in my shop."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 8:29 pm

Magic looked around the shop a little. "I know, but I'm saying I'm not that bad of a person to permanently blind you." The winter student said. "And Yeah, I can create and manipulate sound. Its kind of awesome, but sometimes it's troublesome. Like hearing the dog barking everyday.." He growled slightly. That dog really annoyed him. He was going to fight that dog one day. One day..
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 2:50 pm

"I see," Hedia hummed softly as he finished, leaning slightly on the counter as she stared off in the general direction that the student was in. It was rather nice to have somebody to talk to - not many people had wandered into the thrift shop since she had taken it over. Many a student every once in a while, but they were just here to buy things, not talk so it was refreshing. "I've always had issues with certain sounds since I was little as well. Never been good in crowds or just with loud sounds in general..." She drifted off slightly, before a soft smile appeared on her face. "You know, here we are talking and yet we don't know each other names. My name is Hedia Kazane, and you are?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:54 pm

Magic rubbed the back of his head. "Just call me Magic." The winter student stated. "I hate being in crowds because I can basically hear everything everyone is talking about. Never cared for loud sounds either." He glanced out the window for a moment looking at how hard it was pouring. "I tend to avoid coming into town on sunny days.. Don't like hearing what people are talking about. Thats why I come on rainy days. The rain makes it harder to hear."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time Empty

Back to top Go down

Sounds like a fun time
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next