Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Life in Drabbles

Go down 
+2
Badger
Sleepy
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12295

Life in Drabbles Empty
PostSubject: Life in Drabbles   Life in Drabbles EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 12:33 pm

Pick a character, any character, all of your characters if you want.

Every day there will be a prompt. You don't have to reply to every single one, or write them all in order, and you can jump into this topic at any time you want. There's only one rule—your submission must be 100 words or less.

Each prompt will focus on your character's life before Beata. Keep this in mind as you write.

You can do this multiple times for multiple characters, or do anything you want.

DAY 1 - Nostalgia

Last edited by Sleepy on Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11133

Life in Drabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Drabbles   Life in Drabbles EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 2:42 pm

Day 1 - Nostalgia - Devin
(Stupid rule ruining my plan)

Devin (Age 12) is in the living room watching some kids kick a ball from one to another in the streets in front of his house. However, he is interrupted by his sister Clara walking in with a box. He laments his gift, before asking his sister about the box. Clara, who is moving to New York for college in a few months, was going through some boxes and had found a small toy piano that belonged to Devin when he was young. She gives it to him to play on, and they talk about Devin’s happy carefree childhood.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Life in Drabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Drabbles   Life in Drabbles EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 9:55 pm

Day 2 - Bestest Friends
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9541

Life in Drabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Drabbles   Life in Drabbles EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 10:48 pm

WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME OF THIS TOPIC'S EXISTENCE??? MY TIME HAS COME

Day 1 - Nostalgia

'Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do.'
Even alone, he could still his mother's sweet voice perfectly.
The little man stood in the back room, where they kept all their instruments. He'd spent much time in there learning with his family: how to string his violin, how badly he played piano, spending hours training his voice to hit just the right notes...
There would be no more of this, he was going north alone.
A longing, bitter-sweet feeling pulled at his heart, and he found himself taking in a deep breath.
"Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do."

Day 2 - Bestest Friends

"So, we're friends, right?" She'd asked smiling.
The other girl grinned back, "Bestest friends."
The one watching not far off backed away once she thought she was noticed, hugging her little soccer ball closer to her chest and looking away. She'd had tons of friends before they'd moved, and she had a new ones now, but never-ever did she had a best friend, let alone a bestest. It hurt watching twice. She tried not to let it get her down. She knew she'd be invited to play any moment now, she saw it...
"Hey Alicia, kick the ball!"

Last edited by Tree on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Badger
Badger

Life in Drabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Drabbles   Life in Drabbles EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 11:42 pm

Day 2 - Bestest Friends - Hosa
(I'm stealing copying Ebz to a degree cause she is amazing...I should go to bed)

“Father Daniel! I have a gift for you!”

The old pastor looked up from where he was sweeping the church and at the young girl before him. She wore a big smile as she held out her gift - a basket of bread.

“Thank you, Hosa,” Daniel said as he leaned on his broom as Hosa set the basket down. “You always are so helpful.”

Hosa blinked at him before giving him a soft smile. “Why wouldn’t I help you? You are so kind and are like a friend to me!” And my only friend, she added silently to herself.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Life in Drabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Drabbles   Life in Drabbles EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 10:45 am

Day 3 - Mother
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

Life in Drabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Drabbles   Life in Drabbles EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 11:51 am

Day 3 - Mother - Logan

The young boy looked up from his puzzle as his mother stepped into his room.

"Luke?" she breathed softly.

He said nothing, only returning to his ‘work’ causing his mother to sigh as she crouched next to him. “Luke, honey, we need to talk.”

The kid only nodded to show that he heard his mother’s voice.

His mother frowned softly as she gently ruffled his hair. “This is an important talk. I need your full attention.”

The young boy finally put down his puzzle and looked at his mother with a confused look.

“You have a special power…A gift.”
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Life in Drabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Drabbles   Life in Drabbles EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 3:16 pm

Day 3 - Father
Day 4 - Family
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9283

Life in Drabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Drabbles   Life in Drabbles EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 4:21 pm

Day 1 - Nostalgia - Destiny
The young girl felt her father's giant hand comb his fingers through her soft brown hair.
"Make it a pretty braid, okay papa?" She said with a smile on her face.
"Okay my little muffin." He responded, in the soft tone of voice she loved so much.
Her father spent so much time perfecting a braid, because he had to raise Destiny on his own. The mother was gone, but that didn't stop him from giving his little girl the best braid ever.
Soon afterwards her hair was all braided with a pale pink flower in her hair.
"Ready to go to the meeting?"
"Anything for you Papa!" She responded in a gleeful voice.

Day 2 - Bestest Friends - Magic
The young boy sat on the swing watching the other kids play in the sand box or on the jungle gym. Grayish-green eyes were dull, and lacking happiness. Soon his vision was blocked, by another kid. One he didn't recognize.
"What do you want?"
"I want to be your friend! Plus you look a bit lonely."
The young boy's gaze grew darker. "Did someone set this up?"
"Nope! I'm new here! And you look better than those guys!"
"Oh well then you can join me if you want.."
"Can we do this tomorrow too?"
"Sure."

Day 4 - Family - Vincent
They were yelling again.. It would never end.
This was the third time today. Mother's voice, and brother's voice.. It was the same thing every day..
"You are so useless!"
"Shut up woman! At least I have something better to do with my time the sleep with men!"
"You are the reason your father isn't here!"
A loud thud followed after that signaling that the door was slammed.
It was the same argument everyday. It was always started by her...
Why couldn't she leave him alone? Always calling him a monster..
She was the real monster here.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

Life in Drabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Drabbles   Life in Drabbles EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 3:07 am

Day 4 - Father - Brant
His door opened but Brant didn’t move as the heavy step told him it was his father, but they never talked.
“Brant? I know you aren’t happy about being sent to Beata....” his voice drifted off at his son not responding.
He soon set something on the floor.
“But I got a gift for you...I hope you enjoy it.”
Brant rolled over to see a box on the floor and soon headed over to it and opened it. A sleepy form laid in it, soon awaken by him lifting it out of the box.
He had gotten a kitten.

Day 5 - Family - Devin
Devin pushed the bowl of mashed potatoes to the center to the table. He glanced at his father who appeared behind him and ruffled his son’s hair.
“Good job, Devin. Thanksgiving dinner will be ready soon,” he said with a smile.
The boy stared at his father before looking at his mother and sister who worked in the kitchen.
“Daddy...Why do we do this every year?”
A laugh escaped his father. “To remember what we are thankful for. God has given us many things; one of the most important ones is being able to spend time as a family.”
Back to top Go down
TimePasses

TimePasses

Beata Bucks : 9633

Life in Drabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Drabbles   Life in Drabbles EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 6:03 am

Day 1 - Nostalgia

Samantha was behind bars. She was asking herself again and again what she had done to be here... What'd happened to be in that stupid prison?! Her family was guilty, she knew that. And yet, she missed them so much. The big house where she could do anything she wanted, she missed torturing her cousin every time she saw him. And he got his revenge. He'd discovered his gift, he was able to do things the others couldn't. And then she discovered her own gift. The battle'd begun. And it'd ended here.

Day 2 - Bestest Friends

"I'll get us out of here, Sam. You know where my father works, don't you? Finally, they agreed to help us.".
Alex squeezed her hand. Samantha was going to scream. It was painful. To live was painful. "Thank you. For everything." Alex smiled. Sam was glad exactly that girl was her best friend. She could really get them out of here. It they hadn't played together as kids, if they hadn't known each other... it'd be extremely harder to survive here for two years.
The following week Samantha was free. And so was Alex.

Day 3 - Mother
Sam kicked the door of her house. She got in as loudly as possible. Her mother screamed. "Husband, there is a killer in our house! She's gonna kill me!"
"Husband?! Haven't you learnt how to speak, mother? And it's me. Your jail girl."
"Sammy?! Take a shower, I didn't recognize you... I'll be here in a minute."
Sam took a shower. And then got out to sleep outside because right now she didn't want to be at that house.

Day 4 - Family

They were having breakfast inside. "How did you sleep, girls?" Sam wanted to slap her father but she calmed down. He wouldn't change. She hadn't eaten with her family for two years and now she remembered what it felt like. Disgusting. Becuase they didn't care about her. They didn't care about anything but themselves. At 10am she got out and went to the haunted house in town. No one would talk to her there. So she didn't get out three days. After that she went to eat.
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

Beata Bucks : 8630

Life in Drabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Drabbles   Life in Drabbles EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 7:34 am

Day 3 - Mother

It was quiet in the house, so quiet Aspen had only heard the soft tune of a jazz song in the back round as she slipped off her shoes and entered through the doorways, the blonde didn't say anything not a single word. Slowly she walked towards her mother's room, the hallways of her house were always cold making her feet quite cold too. The door too the room opened with a creak, and there was a lump that laid their silently, quietly approaching Aspen had climbed up into mothers large bed. Snuggling herself into the silky white covers. The younger Aspen had scooted closer too her mother's frame gently cuddling with her. The words were like a whisper, "I love you, my beautiful Aspen."

Day 2 - Bestest Friends
The park was so empty, there wasn't anybody anywhere. Corin had sighed, she hated this park, no one ever came but her mother always forbid her going outside the neighbor hood. Walking towards the seesaw the blackhaired girl frowned as she sat on the seat of it. 'If only someone would just come by and talk too me..'Corin had felt tears well up from her pupils, as she quietly sniffed. She was completely taken by surprise when she was up in the air, looking down she saw a boy with blonde hair and green eyes. Beaming at her, with a small smile Corin had pushed all her weight sending him into the air, the two had cheered with glee and played in the playground until the sun came down. Squeezing his hand Corin glanced at him with tears, the ones she had shed when they first met. "I'm really gonna miss you.."

Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Life in Drabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Drabbles   Life in Drabbles EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:35 am

Day 5 - Nightmare
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

Life in Drabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Drabbles   Life in Drabbles EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 12:13 pm

Day 6 - Nightmare - Inari
Rain pounded on the roof above her as Inari hugged her blanket, awoken by a nightmare.
She had been in danger - it was always different - but Rajia would just stand there and laughed…
She never helped, just laughed or call her names...Why didn’t Rajia like her? Inari could never figure it out.
Inari had always tried to be the best sister but Rajia would just be mean and call her stuff...She acted like it didn’t hurt her, but it did.
Why couldn’t she have a nice dream where Rajia liked her? It was always that nightmare...
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9541

Life in Drabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Drabbles   Life in Drabbles EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Day 3 - Mother

Scarlet drops ran down his leg unto the dirty laminated floor. Tears feel freely from his puffy eyes as he sniffled, but his mother simply smiled, looking at his knee and shaking her head.
"You're so clumsy," she sighed with a soft smile. "You really need to be more careful."
Her hand brushed over the wound and beneath, a familiar angelic light glowed. The pain quickly faded away and he was left with a grin of his own.
"Mommy, when will I get to do that?" Ethan asked, wiping his nose.
"Someday, I'll teach you," she promised.
But she lied.

Day 4 - Father

"Remember what I said earlier?"
"Don't tell mom?"
"That'ta girl."
They'd cleared out every store on their block of all their kites and had made off to the countryside to put them to use. At first, Brailynn had been disappointed. Even away from the city, there didn't seem to be a single breeze anywhere. Her father didn't seem bothered and insisted they stake the hundred kites down to the ground anyways.
It was sundown by the time they finished. He turned and winked at her, raising his arms.
At once, they all raised and decorated the sky, like colorful stars.

Day 5 - Family

He'd always hated going to see his mom's side of the family. As if there tree wasn't crowded enough.
Preston already had four siblings, and maybe a cousin or two on his dad's side, but whenever they flew to Ireland, things turned to hell. Wisteria was the youngest of seven kids. He had cousins, on cousins, on cousin's, with those cousin's having cousins.
And he had to spend two weeks pretending he knew every single one of them. He spent days debating which was worse: the noisy old people or the numerous screaming children?
"Please, kill me," was his mantra.

Day 6 - Nightmare

Ethan had had a horrible dream. He'd dreamed that it was him in his mother, in that old lemon car of there's. He'd dreamed that they were on their way home, and of how pretty the green lights looked reflected on the dusty windows. He dreamed that he'd seen another car, past that reflection. He dreamed of gut-wrenching pain and fire searing at his leg. He'd dreamed of hazy screams and the shrieks of sirens in the distance. He dreamed of his mother's tears against his cheek.

When he finally ceased to dream, he was in a hospital bed, alone.
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

Life in Drabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Drabbles   Life in Drabbles Empty

Back to top Go down

Life in Drabbles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next