Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Matthew has arrived.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8367

Matthew has arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Matthew has arrived.   Matthew has arrived. EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 6:32 pm

Matthew exited the car that had brought him to his new school and home for the next few years. He said a quick good-bye, as it wasn't anyone he was close to. He walked through the gates with his stuff and sat down on a bench, pulling out a pouch full of materials. He took a metal ball out and concentrated and slowly metal began to spread around his hand. He let his concentration slip, and the metal quickly retracted back to the ball. Sweat began beading on his forehead and he put the ball back. He sighed and sat back. It was nice getting some fresh out outside of the car he was in. He had had a long drive and was thankful it was over. He closed his eyes and laid his head on the back of the bench. He wasn't asleep, he was just relaxing in the sun.
Back to top Go down
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11130

PostSubject: Re: Matthew has arrived.   Matthew has arrived. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 12:54 pm

A soft hum escaped Inari as she laid across a bench, her feet in the air as she read a book that was lying on the bench as well. Her tail was draped over her side as it flickered and her ears perked as she was lost into the book as she read it - remembering every detail as her eyes scanned the page. However, one of her fox ears flickered as the sound of footsteps reached her, causing her to break her contact with the book as she glanced behind her. Someone - a new student by the looks of it - was staring at his hand before he started to relax on the bench.

"Oh?" she mused softly, reaching out to close her book before she rolled slightly to the side to kick her feet over the side of the bench and sit up. Her eyes flickered back to her book just so she could grab it and stuff it under her arm before she stood up and made her way over to him. She paused not far from Matthew as she stared at him, her gold eyes glimmering. "Hello!" she finally said, her tail flicking behind her. "Are you new here?"
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Matthew has arrived.   Matthew has arrived. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 1:01 pm

Matthew's eyes opened at the sound of a voice. He watched as she walked over to him from another bench. He noticed that she had fox ears and a tail. It surprised him, but he knew it was her gift. "Yeah, I'm new. Just arrived, in fact. My name's Matthew." he said with a smile. He enjoyed meeting new people.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Matthew has arrived.   Matthew has arrived. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 1:11 pm

Yay, new students! Inari's eyes lit up when he confirmed he was new, her tail wagging slightly behind her. "Its nice to meet you, Matthew! My name is Inari, named after the kami Inari Ōkami, a figure in Japanese folklore," she rambled on, before pausing as she blinked. She then quickly let out a soft nervous laugh. "But...I suppose you don't exactly care about where my name is from...I just tend to ramble on about topics." She had been trying to get better at it, mostly for her half-sister's sake but...It was hard as she simply wanted to explain everything she knew - and that was a lot of stuff. So, she decided to aim what they were talking about to something she didn't know anything about - Matthew. "So, what is your gift, Matthew? If you don't mind me asking."
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Matthew has arrived.   Matthew has arrived. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 1:17 pm

"I think that's interesting, your name." He said. "And my power is called matter absorption. Here, it's easier to show you than to explain." He pulled out his bag of materials and pulled out the metal ball again. He put it in his free hand and showed Inari. He closed his hand and concentrated. Slowly, the metal began forming around his hand again. He held his concentration long enough for Inari to register what he was doing, and then let it go and opened his hand to show her that the metal ball had not changed whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Matthew has arrived.   Matthew has arrived. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 1:26 pm

Inari smiled softly when he showed interest in her name's origin, before pausing as he named his gift and started to dig though his bag. Watching as he pulled out the metal ball and closed his hand around it, she watched in amazement as the metal started to form around his hand before it pulled back in and he revealed the ball to be the same as ever. Her hands quickly jumped up to start clapping, although one of her arms were still pinned to her side to keep her book from falling to the ground. "That's amazing!" she hummed as she looked at him, a big smile on her face. "So you can do that with any matter?"
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Matthew has arrived.   Matthew has arrived. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Matthew smiled and gave a light laugh. "Theoretically, yes, but I haven't tried it. I've only got a few things in here." He said, showing her his bag. "Although, it would be cool to be able to absorb diamond, or platinum. And, hopefully, in time, I'll be able to make the material stretch the whole of my body and be able to maintain it without maintaining contact with the material. Wouldn't that be cool?"
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Matthew has arrived.   Matthew has arrived. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 1:46 pm

Inari nodded as Matthew went on about his gift, her ears perked in interest as she listened. She really should of expected that he couldn't do it with every matter yet - he was new, but she supposed her excitement had gotten the better of her but she scolded herself mentally for that. When he finished, she gave him a smile. "That would be pretty cool! But I suppose like all gifts, learning how to do that is going to take a lot of training...But that would be amazing once you can do stuff like that."
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Matthew has arrived.   Matthew has arrived. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 1:51 pm

He nodded in agreement. "I'm definitely going to have to train a lot to master my gift. But it'll be worth it." he said, imagining the day when he masters his powers. "So what's it like here? Everything seems so peaceful."
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Matthew has arrived.   Matthew has arrived. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 2:23 pm

At the mention of Beata being peaceful, a small giggle escaped Inari as she looked at Matthew. "It is pretty peaceful at times, but things have been crazy lately. There is a tournament going on - although its almost over, then we haw a camping trip coming up but the sounds of it, a soccer game maybe...Some of the students are graduating...It might be peaceful now, but this summer is going to be a crazy one," she hummed softly.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Matthew has arrived.   Matthew has arrived. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 4:46 pm

Matthew whistled. "That does certainly seem busy. Where's the tournament being held?I don't see anywhere near here where they could have one. And the camping trip sounds cool! I might have to look into that! As for sports, though, I've never been very good at them. I'll watch, most likely." He said, replying to all that Inari had told him. Beata sounds like a very busy place. You truly can't judge a book by its cover.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Matthew has arrived.   Matthew has arrived. EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 4:29 pm

"The tournament doesn't take place here...Exactly," her tail swished, and even with her photographic memory she struggled to find the words to exactly describe it. "We have some special people that have the power of illusion creating who creatures the area for us that way. So that student's aren't putting their lives in danger just for a tournament." She left it there, figuring she could attempt to explain more if Matthew asked about it, before going on about his other questions. "The camping trip sounds pretty fun from what I've heard about it. Like...We are going to the Alaska Wilderness. I figure its going to be survive using our powers and what they give us. I just hope that nobody is going to get hurt during it..." She then decided to talk about the sport. "Neither am I; I would rather read the dictionary than play a soccer game, but I am sure I will go watch as well!"
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Matthew has arrived.   Matthew has arrived. EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 4:36 pm

He nodded. "Ahh. So that's how they maintain the peace. It's all a simulation." He said. "That's genius. That makes sure students don't have to hold back without the risk of fatalities. Brilliant!"
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Matthew has arrived.   Matthew has arrived. EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:09 pm

Inari nodded as she finally decided to take a seat next to Matthew, getting tired of standing as she removed the book from under her arm and laid it on her lap. "It is pretty genius. After all, some of the older students can do some pretty amazing stuff with their gifts. Its a way to push yourself to the limit with no real harm being done to one or another."
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Matthew has arrived.   Matthew has arrived. EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 7:20 pm

Matthew nodded again. "I hope I can join the tournament next year. Hopefully, I have better mastery of my power. But I'd hate to go against an older student who has more control." he said thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matthew has arrived.   Matthew has arrived. Empty

Back to top Go down

Matthew has arrived.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next