Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Libraries can't be loud

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fidget

Fidget

Beata Bucks : 9931

Libraries can't be loud   Empty
PostSubject: Libraries can't be loud    Libraries can't be loud   EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 8:45 pm

The male slipped into the door with an slight sigh. Making a bee line for the library didn't make his chances any better, but it certainly gave the illusion that he was busy. His brisk walking and pinched eyebrows made people hesitant.

Hesitance was all he needed.

Dimitri released his hold on the door knob and strode towards the first bookcase. He scanned its shelves before moving to the next one in a robotic manner. Taking note of some older tomes, he flipped through them for a few seconds before replacing it and moving on in his search. He wasn't sure what he was doing, but it was calming if anything.

He was left with his own thoughts in the silent building. Never did it run through his mind that someone else might be there after hours. He didn't realize he had bumped into someone until he fell on his rear.

Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

Beata Bucks : 11650

PostSubject: Re: Libraries can't be loud    Libraries can't be loud   EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 1:34 pm

She didn't exactly know why she was there, but there she was. Grace sighed almost inaudibly as she scanned through a book about overcoming obstacles; feel-good self-help literature that someone must've forgotten to throw away. The quiet library allowed her to gather her thoughts, and she hoped that there was something in these books that could help her overcome her inability to talk without losing her composure. She had been reading the book for about twenty minutes at that point, not even noticing that 'after hours' had passed, but she still didn't feel very confident. The tips just seemed obvious, yet she couldn't do it. Her eyes were glued to the pages, to where she wasn't aware of anyone around her. At least, not until someone bumped into her.

Dropping the book, Grace let out a cry of surprise, then quickly clasped her hands across her mouth. It was a library, after all. Looking down, she noticed the boy that had bumped into her. "O-oh! I-I-I'm s-s-sorry," she stammered out, biting her lip nervously. She wasn't ready to socialize yet. She hadn't even read a useful piece of information in the book! "I-I-I didn't see you." Well duh.
Back to top Go down
Fidget

Fidget

PostSubject: Re: Libraries can't be loud    Libraries can't be loud   EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 8:24 pm

OOC: I love you thank you for role-playing with me I— Lazy Cry

The sudden plummet left him stunned for several seconds. He grasped onto his consciousness and glanced up at his "attacker". He was prepared for a brash brush off, but, it was a girl much to his surprise. One that didn't seem used to bumping into people often.

He stood up and brushed off his pants. His haven wasn't much of a silent paradise anymore.

The girl quickly apologized, her flustered aptitude drawing guilt into the atmosphere. "No...It's fine." He said lifting his hands up almost in surrender. Her self-consciousness was over powering. At least she wasn't angry, even if he was currently experiencing the opposite extreme.

She stuttered out another reply, pointing out that she hadn't seen him. It was true that he was distracted, and she had a book in hand, but he was at least 3 inches taller then her.

The Russian inwardly cringed. His height complex still poked his ribs at the worst of moments. "It's my fault..." He mumbled still trying to grasp onto any kind of composure. He should have grunted in reply. Then he could have walked away. A cold shiver ran down his spine.

He had to talk to someone alone. Great.

Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Libraries can't be loud    Libraries can't be loud   EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 7:25 am

OoC: I do my best~

She had to talk to someone alone. Great.

Grace hadn't exactly been off to a riveting start when it came to talking with people, and she still hadn't found a rhythm to it, exactly. So now she was staring up at a guy who must've been three or four inches taller than her, and he didn't exactly look happy. Gulping nervously, she took a step back, then looked down at her fallen book, then back up at him. Help. "I-I was... just reading," she muttered lamely, dropping down to the ground in order to grab her book and bring it back up. Her knees grazed the carpet in protest from her quick descent, and when she stood back up and remembered exactly what she had been reading, she flushed in embarrassment and dropped the book to her side, trying to obscure the cover against her hip while clutching tightly at it.

"I'm sorry." She repeated this again, as if repetition would increase her contriteness. He really didn't look happy... It was like she was frozen there in sheer embarrassment, clutching the book like a lifeline. She wasn't looking down at it anymore, but her nervousness was causing her powers to react, and it caused the book to start becoming shrouded in a dark casing.
Back to top Go down
Fidget

Fidget

PostSubject: Re: Libraries can't be loud    Libraries can't be loud   EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 9:01 am

Dimitri was still stuck on his rule of avoiding interaction as much as possible. At this point he had dug his own grave. His wrinkled forehead showed his anxiety, but even he couldn't go back in time to fix his own minuscule mistake.

The girl made another excuse. At least she was filling his frustrated silence with her flustered talking. His attention grazed her as she picked up her book. The title made him quirk an eyebrow, but she hid it on her hip before could make out any more of it. "That's what you do in a library." "Yeah, sorry about that." He said, trying to calm the girl down again.

She was still frozen and stuttering, but her book was being shrouded in shadows. He paused and stared it. His eyebrows knit even closer together. "Shadow Manipulation...?" Finally composed he nodded to her slowly. "I wasn't sure there was anything else out here except for trees..." He said, the side of his mouth quirking. "It's like magic..." He said, his tone intrigued.

He hesitantly reached out for the book. Then he paused. "Uh...May I?" Even if this went against everything he had just told himself, his curiosity was peaked. His eyes searched here for any sign of confirmation.
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Libraries can't be loud    Libraries can't be loud   EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 4:21 pm

Grace gave a tiny nod when the boy mentioned her powers, though she didn't know how he knew… at least until she looked down. Her eyes widened in surprise at the shadowed book. She hadn't done that! Or at least she hadn't meant to. Her focus was now off of the male and on concentrating enough to dispel the shadows. She only barely heard him talking about trees and magic, which confused her greatly. Trees? Magic? Were her powers magic? There couldn't possibly be trees in here.

It wasn't working. She couldn't get her powers to stop working unevenly. Her limited concentration was further broken when she saw his hand reaching for the book. Instinctively, she yanked her arm out of the way, but he ended up stopping and asking her if he could see the book. Why did he want to see? Did he want to laugh at her? The little-controlled darkness had begun snaking up her arm before she finally decided that it would seem suspicious if she was hiding her reading material, so she slowly and shakily handed over the book to his open hand. When it was now under new ownership, the shadows dissipated, leaving both book and arm in their natural states. Still, Grace was shaking like a leaf, only barely keeping eye contact with the taller male as her face started to grow red.
Back to top Go down
Fidget

Fidget

PostSubject: Re: Libraries can't be loud    Libraries can't be loud   EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 9:21 pm

OOC: I am so sorry, I dropped my phone in the toilet.

She seemed surprised when he mentioned her powers and pulled away. He retracted at her panicking and realized she was emotionally stressed. "Oh, so you're a first year then. No control..." He said, noting to himself. He pressed his thumb against his chin and tipped his head. "14...13." He thought, appraising her age.

His eyebrows furrowed together. "This'll be harder than I thought...Being a transfer and all." His frown loosened up. "It's physical so at least I can control it."

He snapped out of his daze as she hesitantly pressed the book into his hands. He took it, but the cold whisp of shadow disappeared as did her physical contact. He considered the book and the girl before returning it with a slight nod. "Blagodaryu." He blinked thoughtfully before correcting himself and saying thank you.

He countinued to watch as she shook in silence, unable to provide any reassuring actions. He pressed his lips in a thin line. He slid his hand against the back of his neck. The skin pricking with goosebumps. "Good subject..."

He spoke rather hesitantly, as if not remembering how to hold a good conversation. "Were you planning on going to the sport games?" He hadn't know now about the start of the season until recently. He'd noticed people converging on the large expanse of field, sweat, and ambition.

Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Libraries can't be loud    Libraries can't be loud   EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 10:00 am

OoC: It's cool, it's cool xD You're super awesome, don't worry~

"I, uh... y-yeah. H-how did..." She left the question hanging in the air, half finished. She was starting to feel unnerved by his sometimes-unfocused yet intense stare, like he was trying to look right through her. It must've been obvious she was new, but... She took the book back from him, eyes widening as he said something in a foreign tongue back at her. What did he say? Did they speak in tongues at the school? Oh, thank you...

It continued to unnerve Grace how much it seemed like this boy was studying her, like a piece of prey, or a test subject. Was he planning on hurting her? After seeing the injuries on Kayla, she couldn't deny that it was a possibility. It certainly didn't help her already-tried nerves, causing her to begin shaking so badly she dropped the book once more. Why is he looking at me like that? Oh my god, he's going to kill me! Can I scream? I don't think anyone's here. Oh god oh god oh god. It was in her head now, and it was rooted in there hard, unable to be removed by logic. "S-sports? Wh-wh-wh-what sports.. g-game...?" Apparently they played sports here. She had no idea. Of course, that wasn't really on her mind at the present time. He looked annoyed, with his furrowed eyebrows and piercing gaze. Why did everyone look so angry here? Please don't kill me. That was probably supposed to be said out loud, but she ended up staying silent instead, looking up with a terrified, deer-in-the-headlights expression. Please don't kill me.
Back to top Go down
Fidget

Fidget

PostSubject: Re: Libraries can't be loud    Libraries can't be loud   EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:31 pm

OOC: Sorry for the wait, and for apologizing so much ( ◞﹏◟ )

Dimitri was stuck. And it felt very demeaning to his own mental image. He knew his current social score was very low. His actions had been rigid but he had communicated with her. His score was just getting lower by how badly he was performing. "Can I restart? Sports? ...I don't have any idea how to  even play them." He cursed himself to eternal misery and pressed a hand against his eyes.

A sigh escaped his lips and he peeked through her fingers at the suddenly silent girl. She was quite literally shaking in her boots— he suddenly looked down at her shoes and identified them as something else entirely. Never mind that thought then.

The book entered his vision and fell to the floor. It landed open on the ground, and he tensed at the thought of the folded pages. He looked up at her with a quirked eyebrow, but her fearful, unseeing eyes seemed occupied with his own face. He waved a hand in her face, but stopped at the peculiarly of the behavior.

"Uh...Your...Book." He said, crouching to pick it up. He held her eyes the whole time and slowly extended it to her. Her wide eyes made him furrow his already wrinkled forehead. "Is there," He glanced behind him to check for any unusual occurrences. "anything wrong miss...?" His sidelong gaze was both confused and a bit anxious.

Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Libraries can't be loud    Libraries can't be loud   EmptySun May 03, 2015 8:48 am

Any composure she may have had was completely wilted under his intense gaze, and with her hands free, she grasped the sleeves of her jacket with shaking hands, wishing that his eyes would leave hers. Her eyes weren't completely unfocused, and she took an automatic step back when she saw his hand wave in front of her face. She was scared, but she was aware, and her own gaze came back into pure focus once he crouched down to grab her fallen book. It made her feel incredibly uncomfortable how his eyes never left her even when moving.

Though she was watching him the whole time, she yelped in surprised when he stood back up and offered her the discarded tome. Almost jumping completely out of her socks, she slowly and reluctantly reached forward and took the book from him, clutching it tightly to avoid dropping it once more. "N-n-no, th-there's n-nothing… w-w-w-w-w-wrong!" She was a bit louder than she meant to be, and she felt as if she'd collapse right then and there beneath his never-ending stare. Once he broke eye contact for an extended period, she shoved the book back in its original place on the shelf before returning to a state of scared silence. The fear of looking back at him forced her inability to maintain eye contact back up, and she was content to just stare firmly at her shoes.
Back to top Go down
Fidget

Fidget

PostSubject: Re: Libraries can't be loud    Libraries can't be loud   EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 12:13 am

OOC: I apologize for my absence, a lot has happened lately. And just a quick question, how might one regain an active status? Sorry to bother after all this time. I'm sure it must be a surprise.

Seeing nothing odd behind him, he turned back to the girl. Dimitri felt his eyebrows rise as the girl panicked, releasing an outburst of nervousness. A bout of stuttering and a scramble to return the book to its place. He was a little lost and confused. "What did I do?" Exasperation rose in his throat, threatening to sigh at his own, possibly insensitive actions. "Will I ever understand the inner workings of the female mind?" A bluff at the least. He'd thought he had people figured out. Perhaps not.

While his thoughts had consumed him, his eyes had drifted off, but they focused again once the sound of fluttering paper had resolved itself. A nervous blush had risen upon her ears and cheeks, her eyes cemented to the ground. "Ah...Sorry to worry you then..." He mumbled, testing the battlefield with an apology. His eyes once again drifting to the left. Carefully studying the bindings of book's instead, and avoiding her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Libraries can't be loud    Libraries can't be loud   Empty

Back to top Go down

Libraries can't be loud
Page 1 of 1