Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

The Musically Declined

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Falcon

Falcon

Beata Bucks : 11527

The Musically Declined Empty
PostSubject: The Musically Declined   The Musically Declined EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:32 pm

An empty silence hung over the room as Renard gently pushed open the door and peered around. When he had walked by here previously, there had been sounds emanating from the room, so he had taken care to avoid it, but now that it was quiet... He walked inside the studio and closed the door, surveying the instruments littered around. He himself did not play an instrument, but he enjoyed music. Sometimes he wished that he actually could learn to play an instrument, but his practice ethics were less than stellar. What his passion was instead was writing: poetry, lyric writing, whatever someone would call it, that's what he enjoyed doing. What better place to be inspired than here? Well, maybe somewhere with a lock... Moving towards one of the corners in the room, Renard sat down and slumped over a notebook he was carrying: his lyrical notebook. Giving one last glance at the room, he popped the cap off his pen and stared at the piece of paper before him, willing inspiration to appear to him.
Back to top Go down
Middie

Middie

Beata Bucks : 12285

PostSubject: Re: The Musically Declined   The Musically Declined EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Emily had been looking for a room to hide from the loud sounds of students that filled the other areas of the school. The lounge was filled, she was too lazy to go back to the library, and no other area came to mind. Emily stumbled across a room she had not yet checked; the studio. Casting a quick glance in, she didn't see a large mass of students, and quickly ducked in. It was only then, when she was in the room, did her eyes land upon Renard. She stood frozen in spot, not knowing whether to stay or leave.
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: The Musically Declined   The Musically Declined EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:54 pm

The room was silent enough that the slightest sound would be hearable, and the sound of the door opening brought Renard's attention upwards to see someone walking inside. Emily! The surprise in his eyes was only there for a second as he regained his composure and gave her a small smile. "Hey Emily," he called out, giving her a slight wave. "Fancy meeting you here." He didn't know whether to stand and go greet her or just stay there and keep sitting. The indecision played on his mind for a couple seconds, but in the end he just decided to continue sitting there and tap his pen awkwardly across the paper.

Last edited by Falcon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Middie

Middie

PostSubject: Re: The Musically Declined   The Musically Declined EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Emily remained by the entrance of the studio, unsure as to what she should do. A small smile played on Emily's lips as Renard spoke and she waved back. Her free hand stayed near the door, just in case he wanted her to leave. "Am I interrupting something? I mean, I can leave, if you'd like.." Emily said quickly, scared that she had disturbed him.
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: The Musically Declined   The Musically Declined EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:11 pm

"Oh no, not at all. I was just writing," Renard laughed softly, inviting Emily in. Looking away from the little amount of words he had written, he cast his attention towards the pretty student that was now officially invited into the studio. "What are you doing here?" he asked a bit more quietly, giving her a now-curious stare. He hadn't expected anyone to walk in, but perhaps he should have: it was public for all the students after all. Maybe he just didn't want anyone to show up: the peace and quiet was nicer to him than raucous voices, but... he couldn't find himself particularly minding that Emily was here. She at least made him smile.

Last edited by Falcon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Middie

Middie

PostSubject: Re: The Musically Declined   The Musically Declined EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:31 pm

Emily slowly moved away from the door, shyly sitting across from Renard. She shrugged her shoulders lightly at his question. "Everywhere else is too loud. I was looking for some place quiet to be at, and this was the only room I managed to come across." she replied. Emily glanced up at Renard, smiling slightly. "Whatcha writing?" she asked him softly.
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: The Musically Declined   The Musically Declined EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:51 am

Quickly looking down at his notebook, Renard looked back up at Emily and gave her a small shrug. "Oh, it's nothing really. It's just some lyrics I was thinking of, but there isn't much here." He dismissed the bare words that he had written, as if they weren't anything at all, and perhaps they weren't. He was a writer after all, and he was never particularly satisfied with anything he wrote. It always could be better, no matter how many times he wrote and rewrote everything on the page. A moment of silence overcame the two, and finally Renard had to break it with an awkward glance over at Emily. "So, do... you play any instruments?"

Last edited by Falcon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Middie

Middie

PostSubject: Re: The Musically Declined   The Musically Declined EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:22 am

Emily glanced down at her hands, nervously picking at her fingernails. "Uhm..no, I don't. I never really had enough time to do so when I was younger. I uh.. I like to sing though.." she mumbled softly, finally looking back up at him. "I'm no good at it though. I'm too shy to sing in front of people, and because of that I don't know how I truly sound." Emily told him.
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: The Musically Declined   The Musically Declined EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:34 am

"Well, I'm sure you sing better than me," Renard laughed, looking around at the instruments in the room. He still felt a bit awkward with looking at her, especially in her eyes. If you look in someone's eyes, he figured, they expect that you want conversation, and that was the furthest from the truth. It was a hard habit to break. "I understand that, though. It must be a bit embarrassing to have people there judging you." Was that too far? Maybe he was pushing their chats too far... or maybe he was crazy. That was a topic up for future debate, but he decided to just tip his head to her and smile. Don't overdo anything.

Last edited by Falcon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Middie

Middie

PostSubject: Re: The Musically Declined   The Musically Declined EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:41 am

Emily gave him a sad smile, shaking her head slightly. "I've grown used to people judging me. It doesn't effect me anymore. I'm just afraid to speak in front of large crowds; I've grown up told to always be quiet, to not talk out of turn.." Emily quickly closed her mouth, staring at her hands again. She hadn't meant to say that, but now that she had, there was nothing she could do.
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: The Musically Declined   The Musically Declined EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:12 pm

A small frown appeared on Renard's face. Of course this was a school for... "special" people: there was bound to be lingering issues among the student body, but he hadn't really thought about it until now. What could he say? He was bad enough at conversation: he was awful at making people feel better. That was never really his strong suit. "Uh, well... that's not good," he murmured lamely, looking down at the notebook lying on his lap. "Well, you're here now, at least. You don't have to be quiet around here, or around me." Shut up, shut up, shut up.

Last edited by Falcon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Middie

Middie

PostSubject: Re: The Musically Declined   The Musically Declined EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Emily glanced up at him, disbelief in her bright green eyes. No one had told that to her before, so she did not know whether to believe Renard or not, no matter how much she wanted to. She tried to look at his face, to read his expression, but he was looking at the book in his lap; avoiding her gaze. "Do you mean that?" Emily asked Renard softly.
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: The Musically Declined   The Musically Declined EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:00 pm

Renard looked back up and forced himself to make eye contact with Emily. She had very pretty green eyes... Blinking in slight embarrassment, the older student quickly regained his bearings. "Yes, of course. This is a place for you to express yourself, isn't it?" He gave her another small smile, laughing softly. "Express yourself, by all means." Subtly, he closed his notebook: no reason for her to see the lame scribblings he had only half-written across the page. "I'd never stop you."

Last edited by Falcon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Middie

Middie

PostSubject: Re: The Musically Declined   The Musically Declined EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Emily flashed him a bright smile, then glanced down at the book in his hands. She had been curious about it since she walked in, but hadn't thought much on it until now. She glanced back up at him, nervousness and curiosity written in her expression. "Can... Can I see what you've written?" she asked softly, her voice light even though she expected him to say no. That's exactly what she expected him to say, since they barely knew eachother and she was sure he didn't want her in his business.
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: The Musically Declined   The Musically Declined EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Renard went silent for a couple of moments, not sure how to respond. Sure, it'd be easy to just let her see what he'd written, but it wasn't any good... he didn't really know her that well anyway, so it wouldn't be terrible if he told her no. "Uh, sure, here." He flipped the notebook open to where he had left off and handed it to her, realizing that all those excuses he was thinking up to specifically not show her the notebook had been rendered completely irrelevant. Why had he handed her it? ... He felt a bit troubled by the complete lack of resistance he gave to her, but she had it now, so he couldn't really take it back.

On the page, there were just a few lines across the page, written in black pen. At the top was the date and a title - Consume. Below it were several lines:

How far must you fall to be on my level?
When did you find me bloodshot and disheveled?
Perhaps you should lower your expectations
aberration?

Further down were a few more lines, scribbled in haste but still halfway legible.

Pull me into your arms to push me away
Make sure I'm reminded that you cannot stay
I want to respond, but my mouth has gone dry
I want to move on, but my motives have died
If I pulled on our line, what would I find?
Is there even a hope that I rest in your mind?

Now that it's over, in this empty room
I'll stand here and wait as the shadows consume

Last edited by Falcon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Musically Declined   The Musically Declined Empty

Back to top Go down

The Musically Declined
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: School Grounds :: Studios-