Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think

Go down 
+3
Echo
Splotch
Kitty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

Beata Bucks : 9171

First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think Empty
PostSubject: First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think   First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 4:40 am

I just wanted to point out something, and that's that not as many people are roleplaying anymore. I know because of school, spring break for others and such, we don't have as much time... but we can at least squeeze in a topic here and there... right? I just wanted to let everyone on Beata know hat we aren't really roleplaying on a roleplay site. It kinda bugs me because the site isn't being used for its intended purpose, so I'd like to see more topics personally. Oh, and I'm always up for roleplaying- Just PM me who with and where.

But yeah, my main point is, I understand things can get in the way, but c'mon. We need to stop slacking and making those New Post buttons appear, folks.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 9956

PostSubject: Re: First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think   First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 7:22 am

I make open topics, but no one joins, so I'm trying. ;___;
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10530

PostSubject: Re: First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think   First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 8:20 am

Unfortunately Kitty, I beg to differ.

Sure, we don't have as much activity as before here. But people are busy with life, not everyone can get on all the time just to post. There are other things we could do. If you're calling something as simple as spending time with family, friends, homework, extracurricular activities, etc. "slacking off on posting", it's a bit silly to be honest. We have lives outside of WCC, Beata, Pokefarm, Deviantart, etc. and we have other things to do.

Again, not everyone has time to come on and post. While not many people are posting anymore, it could be the lack of muse/creativity or motivation to post. Or, like I'm probably going to state numerous times, their lives. They can't let going on online communities get in the way all the time.

It also comes to the fact of waiting for others to post. Since a certain person is busy outside of RPing, the people they are participating with have to wait. While it is not necessarily that person's fault, it is hindering the topic to continue, completely causing the topic to die.

You should be aware that people are RPing on this roleplay site. Not all of us can fit these things in every day. It's not easy to squeeze in a little topic if you're one of those people who write ridiculously detailed posts or try to perfect the post.

Moreover, isn't this a bit... hypocritical? You hardly RP here yourself. I believe if I'm looking currently, you have 2 recent topics and your last topic before those were about two or three weeks ago.

Psst, Splotchu. There's a topic you need to reply to. >^<

I apologize for anything that sounds... strange in this post, but, this is just a bit of how I feel about the situation. It doesn't seem right to be telling people to post when they're busy in their own personal life (ves).

Admittedly, I haven't been posting much either, but, nonetheless. I just wanted to speak out my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12292

PostSubject: Re: First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think   First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:06 am

Kitty wrote:
I just wanted to point out something, and that's that not as many people are roleplaying anymore. I know because of school, spring break for others and such, we don't have as much time... but we can at least squeeze in a topic here and there... right? I just wanted to let everyone on Beata know hat we aren't really roleplaying on a roleplay site. It kinda bugs me because the site isn't being used for its intended purpose, so I'd like to see more topics personally. Oh, and I'm always up for roleplaying- Just PM me who with and where.

But yeah, my main point is, I understand things can get in the way, but c'mon. We need to stop slacking and making those New Post buttons appear, folks.

I don't know about you, but I only ever use Beata for roleplaying. Does anybody actually get on this site's chatbox? WCC is where I'm social and Beata is where I RP, not the other way around.

I'm a slow poster with only one character, but I usually have at least one topic going on at all times.

Kurumi wrote:

Sure, we don't have as much activity as before here. But people are busy with life, not everyone can get on all the time just to post. There are other things we could do. If you're calling something as simple as spending time with family, friends, homework, extracurricular activities, etc. "slacking off on posting", it's a bit silly to be honest. We have lives outside of WCC, Beata, Pokefarm, Deviantart, etc. and we have other things to do.

Again, not everyone has time to come on and post. While not many people are posting anymore, it could be the lack of muse/creativity or motivation to post. Or, like I'm probably going to state numerous times, their lives. They can't let going on online communities get in the way all the time.

It also comes to the fact of waiting for others to post. Since a certain person is busy outside of RPing, the people they are participating with have to wait. While it is not necessarily that person's fault, it is hindering the topic to continue, completely causing the topic to die.

You should be aware that people are RPing on this roleplay site. Not all of us can fit these things in every day. It's not easy to squeeze in a little topic if you're one of those people who write ridiculously detailed posts or try to perfect the post.

Moreover, isn't this a bit... hypocritical? You hardly RP here yourself. I believe if I'm looking currently, you have 2 recent topics and your last topic before those were about two or three weeks ago.

I apologize for anything that sounds... strange in this post, but, this is just a bit of how I feel about the situation. It doesn't seem right to be telling people to post when they're busy in their own personal life (ves).

"I'm busy" usually means "I don't want to" in my experience.

Now, obviously, I don't think there's a problem, at least among my small circle of friends and roleplayers. I admit that I don't really pay attention to other people's topics, so maybe a lot of other people have been slowing down, but that's them. I just want to address this, because I see it a lot and 90% of the time it smells like bullshit.

If you have time to come on and do stuff on the internet, then you're not too busy to post. Call it what it is: laziness. Or maybe, if you would prefer, "muselessness". I'll give you all a tip; if you start writing, even if you don't feel inspired at the moment, your muse will eventually come back to you. Waiting for the perfect writing conditions will just mean that you will never have time to write. And you know, I get it. Sometimes you just can't write at the moment, or don't feel like it, but then that doesn't really give you an excuse to take twenty years to reply.

TL;DR your life isn't getting in your way of posting if your life isn't preventing you from playing around on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

Beata Bucks : 9171

PostSubject: Re: First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think   First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 1:39 pm

Kurumi wrote:

Admittedly, I haven't been posting much either, but, nonetheless. I just wanted to speak out my opinion.

You completely missed most of what I said.

I understand life gets in the way Echo, but look at how many people are on at once sometimes. Many people are on, but don't seem to roleplay. The point of this topic is not for you to nit pick over my faults, it was to comment how I've noticed the small slack on topics. Yeah, what I said sounds unreasonable, but that's my point... your just nitpicking here.

Sleepy, I completely agree with what you say.

But if you read it, it is a comment, not a complaint. Ok?
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

Beata Bucks : 11185

PostSubject: Re: First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think   First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 3:49 pm

I agree with both Sleepy and Kitty here. Obviously people come on here as it shows in our stats who is on and who isn't. To say that you don't have the time, but can go sit on a chatbox is complete ludicrous.

Even I'll admit that I have blamed my laziness on muse, but the issue is that if people continue to do this it will become the norm and no one will post. I've seen this site go down many, many times and like I've said, and I'll stand by it, the only way to keep a site alive is to post. An admin can do whatever they can, but unless people get off their butts and post the site will die. It just will.

I really appreciate that you are trying to help keep this site alive Kitty!
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8663

PostSubject: Re: First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think   First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 5:49 pm

People don't make new topics because topics take months to complete nowadays. They've been stuck on the same one.
Back to top Go down
Stormi
The Slenderman
Stormi

Beata Bucks : 10213

PostSubject: Re: First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think   First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:14 pm

So far I haven't really had a lot of stuff to do with my characters...Which is why I recently made a third one.
I don't know exactly when Echo plans to do stuff with the plot, so I'm just holding Katsuo down from any random topics that might change something somehow. It'll just get confusing otherwise o-o
Aiko is in a few topics, but they all died off before we could really do anything because other people just got bored I guess and disappeared from the topics.
Either that or Forumotion is being a butt again and telling me there's no new posts when there probably is. I should probably check those topics just to make sure x3
My newest character, Ken, is currently in his first topic, and I'm waiting for Verona to post...Or anyone else who feels like jumping in owo

If anyone needs me to reply to something or is waiting on me and it takes over two days for me to reply, message me because I probably forgot about it or it didn't tell me about new replies like it normally does ^_^;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think   First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think Empty

Back to top Go down

First Comment Topic of the Site... I Think
Page 1 of 1