Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

A Lovely Little Meeting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow
Shadow

Beata Bucks : 11596

A Lovely Little Meeting Empty
PostSubject: A Lovely Little Meeting   A Lovely Little Meeting EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:28 pm

Opening the door to the wonderful cafe, Penny was amazed at how it smelled so amazing with the aromas of food and coffee flowing through the air. She had never actually been here before and never really tried to find her way before, but she had actually made plans with Emelia to grab some lunch. She had a lot of questions to ask her, mainly to try to figure out her power since they were the same... Almost. In Penny's mind, they might as well be. Besides, Emelia seemed to be a really cool person to hang out with. Who knew. Maybe they would become friends.

Sitting down at a small table, Penny waited for Emelia before she ordered food. Instead, she grabbed a small coffee and tried her best to drink it, but the more times she sipped it, the worse it tasted. Coffee just wasn't her thing, and she was pretty sure that the poison in her mouth made it taste funny too. Not that it really had any taste to her, but it definitely didn't help matters. When she was finally done with it, she pushed it away and stared at the door to the cafe waiting for her friend.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

Beata Bucks : 11568

PostSubject: Re: A Lovely Little Meeting   A Lovely Little Meeting EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:55 pm

Emelia walked in, hugging her coat to her body. The rush of warm air that hit her face instantly relaxed her. She looked around and automatically once her eyes landed on Penny. She gave a quick wave as she scurried over to the table and sat down. "Sorry I'm late. I'm never gonna get used to this stupid cold weather." She complained, shooting glares at the window and the snow falling behind the glass. After a moment she turned to her friend and smiled, appearing to forget about the weather all together. "Anyway, how are you?" She asked, just as the waiter appeared.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: A Lovely Little Meeting   A Lovely Little Meeting EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:18 pm

Whenever Emelia walked into the cafe, Penny quickly became a little excited. Grabbing at her cup of coffee once again, she took a small sip of it as Emelia asked her how she was. "Oh, I'm good," she said after setting the cup back down. "It's really nice being warm again! I wish this weather would go away! How are you?"
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: A Lovely Little Meeting   A Lovely Little Meeting EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 3:17 pm

"Seriously." She nodded her agreement, her eyes moving down to the menu on the table before ordering the warmest sounding meal and a caramel macchiato. "I'm good. Trying to get used to America. And oh, I suppose a school filled with a bunch of magical teenagers would also be considered out of the norm." Yeah, that was a bit strange. When you're just walking in the halls and see people turn invisible, or into a dog, or something equally as weird. She had yet to see a fight, though they were fairly common in her old school. Emelia imagined that one here could turn ugly very quickly.

ooc;; sudden urge to see a fight at beata. Sorry for posting so late. ;n; I lost my muse.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: A Lovely Little Meeting   A Lovely Little Meeting EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:46 pm

Penny chuckled as she began to think about the school. When she first arrived, she really liked the idea of having all of the people similar to her in one place. She finally felt like she fit in even though it definitely was out of the norm. But to think that Emelia had come here from a completely different country was amazing in itself. For a moment, Penny thought about just how different it must have been for the Australian. "Yeah, but the school is easy to get used to. It's really nice knowing that you're not the only strange person in the world that has freaky powers of some sort. As for getting used to America, good luck with that one." she paused for a moment. As a matter of fact, she didn't even know what country Emelia was from in the first place. Penny had originally guessed Australia from the accent, but who knew. Maybe more than just Australian people talked that way. "So, you are from Australia, right?"
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: A Lovely Little Meeting   A Lovely Little Meeting EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 9:02 pm

Emelia's smile got a bit smaller. "Yeah, it did always suck being the odd chick out. Like, I never got to go outside for recess. Science experiments? Nope. Anything that I could even possibly get a cut. My parents were the whole 'you'll shoot your eye out' kind of people. This place is way nicer. I can actually do, like, stuff. But I digress!" She didn't know what kind of stuff she'd want to do, but she could do it. Because why not. No rules here. Well, okay. Definitely rules here. But she could still join some sort of sports team if she wanted to, and that was enough for her. "Yes, I am from Australia... mate." She finished with a wink at the last word, smirking lightly.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: A Lovely Little Meeting   A Lovely Little Meeting EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 7:11 pm

"Oh, I know exactly how you feel! My parents were the same way!" she replied quickly, almost a little too excited that she found someone with the same problem. She barely did anything when she was younger. Her parents were always so concerned with her accidentally poisoning something... especially after that whole frog incident that showed just what she could do. She remember her mother specifically freaking out about the whole ordeal that she killed that poor little frog considering that the power hadn't been passed down through the family from her father's side for generations... and suddenly it showed up in Penny. She had actually lived a very lonely life. She didn't have many friends considering doing anything friend-wise with anyone was considered dangerous to their health. She remembered always having to lie to the friends she did have about why they couldn't share drinks or food, or why she always turned down all of the guys that tried to ask her out. It was depressing, in all honesty, and that's what she liked about being here. She could do whatever she wanted, talk to whoever she wanted, and be open and show her true colors rather than hide what her entire life was about. "I really do like this school. I mean, it's school, but I like how I can just be so open... so myself here. It's nice to know people who actually understand what I'm going through! And I think that's so awesome that you came all the way here from Australia. Unfortunately, I'm from here in The States. Arizona, actually."
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: A Lovely Little Meeting   A Lovely Little Meeting EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:29 am

Emelia nodded her agreement, a smile bright on her face. "I totally agree. And it's not even school, really. My parents don't even care about my grades now, as long as I'm 'gaining control over my power.'" She did her best impression of her father goodnaturedly. "Australia is pretty cool. Well, hot. It was like, 50 degrees." She paused for a moment, remembering how Americans had messed up measuring systems. "That's a lot, kay? Like, over 100 here. You weird Americans." She shook her head in mock disappoint. "Arizona is nice. You have Las Vegas there... no? Yeah, I don't know anything about Arizona." She chuckled, blushing slightly.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: A Lovely Little Meeting   A Lovely Little Meeting EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 7:58 pm

Penny laughed a little. Las Vegas in Arizona? That would have been an interesting school trip for some school district somewhere. She shook her head as a big smile was left on her face from laughing. "No, unfortunately that city is in the state above Arizona. Or... diagonally I guess. Close enough. There really isn't anything special about Arizona, though," she said, trying to think back to her home town. It was small, and hot. Winters got to about... 60 degrees. Maybe. "All there really is to know about Arizona is that... well, it gets hot too. About the same temperature that you're describing. Easy 100's Fahrenheit. As for being weird, it's America. We're all about weird!" she laughed again. "As for grades, I know exactly how you feel. My parents don't really care all that much. At least, I don't think so. I haven't really talked to them much lately. It's hard to keep in contact, really."
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: A Lovely Little Meeting   A Lovely Little Meeting EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Emelia frowned a little, a blush rising to her cheeks. Had she gotten it that wrong? She was just making a guess, so she probably shouldn't be surprised. "Oh, I guess I have a lot to learn about the US." She said, laughing slightly at herself. "Well, I'm glad someone understands what I'm going through here. I'm gonna freeze to death someday soon, I swear." She nodded her head in agreement, raising an eyebrow. "Though, I can't really judge. Australia is pretty dang weird." She might as well admit it.
Now that Penny mentioned it, Emelia realized she hadn't spoken to her parents at all since she'd arrived. She made a mental note to do that later. She knew how worried they probably were. They constantly worried about her. "I know what you mean. In fact, I really need to talk to my parents soon." She put her face in her hands and shook her head, sighing. "They worry so much, it's crazy." Especially after Logan...
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: A Lovely Little Meeting   A Lovely Little Meeting EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 7:59 pm

"I know, right?" she responded quickly as she picked up her empty cup to try to get anything out of it that was left. Unfortunately, there only seemed to be a small drop that landed awkwardly in her mouth, but she didn't really care. She was only too lazy to get up and get some more. Letting out an equally heavy sigh, she started twirling the cup around on the table. "As is the life of an attractive and deadly little lady..." she said before leaving the cup alone once again. "Well anyway, do you want to get something to eat? I'm starving!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Lovely Little Meeting   A Lovely Little Meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

A Lovely Little Meeting
Page 1 of 1