Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Hey MACKLEMORE /shot

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

Beata Bucks : 11185

Hey MACKLEMORE /shot Empty
PostSubject: Hey MACKLEMORE /shot   Hey MACKLEMORE /shot EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 8:34 pm

Verona's blood was still boiling from the confrontation she had earlier that day. Despite the fact that it had been nearly a full 5 hours, the thought of the blonde made her want to scream. This time the only thing she could do was shop, this was her sanctuary. Well, actually her sanctuary was the mall back home, this was just some old and moldy Thrift Shop with worn clothes from last years lines. But, shopping was shopping and in the midst of a bad day, any shopping could make a bad day great.

The brunette started by sorting through the first rack. An old green shirt? A worn Christmas vest? Oh geez, this could be harder than she thought. But, drastic times called for drastic measures. Without looking, the girl plunged her hand into the rack and pulled out a frilly dress. It was medium length and polka dotted, it was a little vintage for her tastes, but it could work. Verona kept it tight in her grip as she searched through more isle of old and useless clothing. Despite the mess, and mold, with the right amount of looking she could certainly find a jewel, or perhaps find something- or someone- she didn't want to find in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

Beata Bucks : 11593

PostSubject: Re: Hey MACKLEMORE /shot   Hey MACKLEMORE /shot EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 8:58 pm

So, the only reason Richard was even in this place was because earlier in the day after the whole fuss with Verona, he had heard about some kind of even that was coming up, and he needed something to wear that looked at least a little decent... and at a cheap price. He didn't have much money and his parents certainly weren't going to send him more any time soon, so he had to work with what he had. The funny thing was that it only happened to be $20 /shot. Maybe a little more. Probably $30 if he actually took the time to count through the ones and fives that were burning a hole in his pocket. As he looked around in the men's section of the store, he didn't really bother looking individually through each piece of clothing on the rack. No, instead he just kind of play I-Spy and hoped that something would just kinda pop out at him. With a big sigh after a good 10 minutes search, he finally decided to take a trip to look at all the little trinkets the store had to offer. But of course, that's when he saw her, and instead of keeping his big mouth shut, he spoke more on impulse. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me..." he grumbled before stopping himself, hoping desperately that she didn't hear him. Quickly turning back and going to the men's section of clothing, he started digging through the clothes and hoped that Verona didn't even notice him at all.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Hey MACKLEMORE /shot   Hey MACKLEMORE /shot EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 2:43 pm

Verona was already starting to feel better. She had found some cute lace shorts and a nice blazer, even a vintage looking pair of ray bans. With clothes and shopping, Vera knew she could feel better. And what was better than buying stuff with other peoples money. Her mother hated it and with her little Irish accent was always scolding Vera for being so reckless with people's feeling and their money. "Yeh've got four younger siblin's, be a good example to t'em Vera." She would always say and Verona would roll her eyes and go ask her Dad for money instead. Vera was a Daddy's girl and with her gift it was easy to get whatever she wanted, but her mother was a different story. She was like immune to Vera's gift, or something like that... Verona wasn't quite sure.

Oh, you've got to be kidding me... Verona snapped back into reality and was no longer home, but the air still lingered with the smell of sea breeze and dried wisterias. Her stomach churned, she knew that voice. No longer did she think about home, but a more pressing matter, the situation at hand. "What are you doing here." Verona said, her tone turning icy. "Don't try to ignore me, I totally heard you." She placed down the blazer and shorts and marched over there, her shoes clacking with each step like they were trying to warn him to run.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Hey MACKLEMORE /shot   Hey MACKLEMORE /shot EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 3:21 pm

Dang it... he thought before standing up straight to see the fury in Verona's features as she stormed over to him. At first, he did in fact want to run away.. or hide. Whichever was easier, but then again, his first plan for hiding in the clothes rack failed, so maybe that wasn't such a great idea. Taking a deep breath before the defeat in his face settled in. "Oh, hello Verona," he mumbled before she made it over to him, but when she did, he began to look between the clothes and her to kind of hint towards his answer. "Well, considering we are both at a thrift shop, I can assume we are here for the same reason." Richard retorted before crossing his arms in front of him, but more in a smart-alec kind of way rather than one of anger or frustration. Although being here with here again for the second time today was very aggravating and it brought up a feeling of disgust almost.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Hey MACKLEMORE /shot   Hey MACKLEMORE /shot EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Verona narrowed her eyes, standing her ground, despite how deflated she felt. Standing up now, Vera realized he was a good six inches taller than her, but nevertheless she made up for it in attitude. Pursing her lips, the brunette put a manicured hand on her hip. "It was a rhetorical question. I don't actually care about your answer." Her eyes danced mischievously as though they were laughing at him. Verona looked down at the item he had been looking at when trying to prove his point. A sweater vest? Her eyes grew large, what was he trying to do? Dress himself in girl repellent? "You're out of luck, I don't think they sell crocs here." Her tone was cool and icy and even a little annoyed, she was still angry at the earlier conversation.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Hey MACKLEMORE /shot   Hey MACKLEMORE /shot EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Richard quickly looked down at the rack to see just what he had been looking at last... if you could really call it looking. Aimlessly flipping through hangers holding whatever on them could have been called looking, he guessed. But there is was. The last thing that he had shoved out of the way while rummaging through the clothes was in fact a sweater vest. A bad one at that. The colors were horrible, it looked like it had been through the wash too many times. Definitely not his style. Instantly he turned back to Verona and glared at her. Of course she would make fun of him for trying to shop, but he wasn't going to let her get away with trying to annoy him that easy. "Oh really? Darn. I was really hoping I could find some rubber shoes just simply lying around..." of course, as the sentence came out of his mouth, he realized just how stupid it sounded. And on top of that, he didn't know a whole lot about fashion so he couldn't pick on her for anything. Nothing she was wearing... she wasn't holding any clothes... Well, he was in a bit of a pickle.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Hey MACKLEMORE /shot   Hey MACKLEMORE /shot EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 5:26 pm

"Oh I could tell," The girl retorted, a grin spreading across her face. "I mean, with your personality that's the only rubber you'll ever need." Verona was enjoying this way more than she probably should've. She loved this game, I mean Vera was an expert at comebacks. The smart remarks just rolled off her tongue without thinking. She had a tongue, her mother also liked to remind her, that could get her in a lot of trouble. She just spoke without thinking sometimes and was extremely opinionated... needless to say, it wasn't a good mix.

But actually, thinking about all of her past decisions with Richard so far, a whole whopping two times might I add, she had already fallen in love with him and out of love with him in a matter of hours AND had a big argument that ended with her slapping him in the face. She didn't even feel bad about it either, which apparently was out of the ordinary. Supposedly, most people felt bad about stuff like this, but Verona just thought of it as a chase. A nice banter between two people that couldn't stand each other (at least at the moment), that's all.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Hey MACKLEMORE /shot   Hey MACKLEMORE /shot EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Whoa, did she just... Yeah, she just totally went there. It was actually kind of funny to watch his face suddenly turn bright red at her rather harsh insult. Yeah, sex jokes were made all the time. Yeah, he's made a few. But dang, he had never heard her say anything like that. Suddenly everything smart he was trying to pull with her immediately went down the drain. He tried to shrug it off like it was no big deal, but it didn't work very well. He probably took it a lot more seriously than he should have. "This is coming from the girl who was all over me not a while back," he said, all joking aside. His voice had actually turned a little more harsh and very accusing at this point.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Hey MACKLEMORE /shot   Hey MACKLEMORE /shot EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:16 pm

Verona just kind of stared at him for a second and let out a long, bitter laugh. "Let's just get this straight Dickie," She started, running a hand down his arm and using her powers on him a little bit- just to make a point. "If I ever actually liked you, you'd know." Then suddenly she stopped, letting her hand fall and taking a step away from him. Her eyes flitted over a pair of slacks that had snuck into her view and shook her head at the reindeer pattern on them. "Besides, you're not my type." The girl said, running her eyes over his messy hair and unpolished wardrobe. (Sorry if that's not accurate, going out on a limb here.) She practically spat the words at him and looked over at a stack of cardigans on a shelf, still within feet of Richard she walked over and started inspecting the garment.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Hey MACKLEMORE /shot   Hey MACKLEMORE /shot EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:47 pm

Just for a split second, all of his feelings of aggravation and just pure anger were washed away, but it felt a little unnatural. Like all of his emotions were being forced away only to be replaced by... well, he didn't even know. It was just for a moment he felt like she had captured him. He knees felt weak; his heart felt like it was going to fly out of his chest. But as soon as she stopped touching his arm, everything rushed back at once. The anger, the frustration, the annoyance. It took him a few seconds to realize just what she had done, but by that point she had already turned and began looking at other things. And at that point, he was still aggravated by how much she just had to fight him, but everything else had formed into confusion as to what to feel. He couldn't decide if he should still be mad or if he should feel embarrassed that just for a second, she had complete control over him. This time, he was seriously flustered. What was he supposed to do? After trying to get his thoughts back together, he took a deep breath. "Now that wasn't fair..." he grumbled, still looking in her direction.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Hey MACKLEMORE /shot   Hey MACKLEMORE /shot EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:57 pm

Verona couldn't help but giggle, when in the corner of her eyes she saw Richard squirm and turn red. It was funny making boys squirm, to show them who really had the power in the situation. Looking down at a navy cardigan she held it up to herself to view if it was fit, but there was a hole at the bottom of the navy knit and with a frown she threw it back onto the pile without holding it. "Life's not fair Dickie, the sooner you learn that, the better off you'll be." Verona chuckled drumming her fingers across the cheap faux wooden table. "Don't worry about it though, you're definitely not my type." With a confirmed nod of the head, she narrowed her eyes at his poor choice of a t-shirt. It was a poor waste of potential cuteness, wasted away on a defiant attitude and t-shirts.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Hey MACKLEMORE /shot   Hey MACKLEMORE /shot EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:36 pm

And yet he kept egging on. The argument was done but he didn't feel like losing today. Not when he had already lost earlier that day with a slap to the face. But it wasn't anything bad. Not like before, but he just felt like he needed to get her back somehow. Arguing wasn't going to solve it, but it felt good to have some pretty witty come-backs. "Yeah, smart ass isn't my type either," he responded as he turned back to the clothes rack behind him and continued looking, hopefully finding something on it. "And just by the way, that sweater vest is hideous. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that stupid thing." He told her, trying to fix up that little situation. Maybe it would keep her from bringing it up. Probably not, but he tried.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Hey MACKLEMORE /shot   Hey MACKLEMORE /shot EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 8:40 pm

Verona bit her lip to silence a laugh from erupting from her mouth. "Aw that's so cute," The girl purred. "You think that you could even get a girl like me. Face it Dickie, you'd be lucky to ever get a girlfriend. Especially dressed like that." She busted out into a slightly forced fit of laughter as she pointed at the sweater vest to prove her point. "I mean that thing is disgusting." And then almost as if realizing that being nice to Richard was just as disgusting and tacky as the vest, she cleared her throat. "I mean, that would totally match your awful personality... Maybe you should get it." Phew, that was a close one. Didn't want him to think that she might actually like him or consider him as a friend, now did we?
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Hey MACKLEMORE /shot   Hey MACKLEMORE /shot EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:41 pm

After listening to her talk for just a moment, he exaggeratedly rolled his eyes and finally pushed past the sweater vest and continued looking until she just had to make the comment about the way he dressed. Okay, so he has one little day to look like a bum and she jumps all over him for it. Granted, he usually wore polo shirts and jeans which wasn't all that bad and he thought looked rather nice, but it still apparently wasn't good enough for her. Trying to ignore her continuously hateful words, he stopped for just a moment. "This is why I don't have a social life. I always end up talking to people like you; irritating, hateful, and flat-out rude," he said before continuing to flip through the clothes on the rack before pulling out a fairly nice dress shirt that was a soft blue color, and hanging off of it was already a tie to match. Holding it out in front of him to look at it, he kept on keeping on as if he never even said anything in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Hey MACKLEMORE /shot   Hey MACKLEMORE /shot EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 3:49 am

Verona stood there for a second, a little stunned. She didn't expect him to snap back at her and now that he did she wasn't quite sure what to do. Trying to act as though she wasn't surprised the girl shook her head. "I-I was just messing around with you Dickie. Lighten up." The girl rolled her eyes and fluffed her hair up a little bit. With a shake of her head she stopped walking by his side and stood her ground a few feet behind him. "But maybe, we could've actually been friends if you weren't such a coward and like slander me because of my views." Verona stopped to catch a breath, her voice rising. "And Maybe, just maybe, if you didn't get all twisted at other people's opinions you would have a social life. So I'm so sorry that you're so butt hurt that I do not like you, but hun you had it coming." She was shaking again, looking down at the ground to try and stop from seeing red.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey MACKLEMORE /shot   Hey MACKLEMORE /shot Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey MACKLEMORE /shot
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next