HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
The Summer Tournament has begun! Head on over to the Island and cheer for your favorites!
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Share | 

I Might Need A Hand [Closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
R i p

Beata Bucks : 492

PostSubject: I Might Need A Hand [Closed]   Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:54 pm

Caine hesitated outside of the school guardian's door. It was rare he ever asked any one for anything. The summer was used to handling things on his own and being able to handle pretty much anything that came his way. But this was different. Discovering he had the ability to shift into a wolf was so far out of his element. Despite having shifted a handful of times now, the boy couldn't really control the shift. Each time it had been triggered by the uncontrollable rage that had seemed to become his norm. He would get overly angry, and soon after his entire body would be contorted into his wolf form. The beast itself was a terrifying and incredible thing. It aggravated him to no end that he had not way to tame that side of him quite yet. Any time he shifted, things were awkward and strange. His humanity and lack of knowledge held back his potential. There should be something horrifying about a four foot tall, pure black, monstrous wolf. However, with his rough gait and fumbling around, Caine felt like a complete idiot.

The lack of control had lead him to attempt practice. Even so, he had made no progress on his own. In digging around, other students had lead him to Hosa, another shifter. From what he had been told, she was very skilled in the area. If anyone could help him, it would be this girl. A nagging feeling held him back from knocking. Standing here felt so wrong. As a Mallon, he was supposed to be able to handle anything and everything on his own. For once, that had gotten him nowhere. Berating himself under his breath, Caine finally raised his fist to the door and knocked three times. Waiting killed him. The urge to run off and pretend he had never been here was overwhelming. But he held his ground. Caine Mallon was actually going to ask another person for help.

Caine Mallon.....Wolf Transformation /// Matty Waterson Jr.....Telekinesis
Summer House 308 /// Summer House 308

Last edited by R i p on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess

Beata Bucks : 4182

PostSubject: Re: I Might Need A Hand [Closed]   Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Hosa hummed softly to herself as she reclined on her couch, one arm and leg hanging off as she stared up at the ceiling. Her other hand was tapping on her chest as she just kinda...Laid there. Truly, she was living the most luxury of lives. She titled her head as she stared at her TV, tempted for a single moment to turn it on but she doubted there was anything good on. She had the day off from the Daycare and she wasn't needed at the school so...She blinked as three knocks rang in the air, causing her to slowly sit upright.

For a second, she just sat there before she allowed her eyes to raise to the ceiling as she whispered a soft thank for something to do. Or, at least somebody to talk to. She pushed herself off of the couch, taking a small moment to stretch out her limbs before she headed toward her front door. She opened it, blinking in surprise when she realized that it was a student that stood before her. "Hello," she said as she took the moment to study him. He looked to be on the older side of the Beata students - but that still meant he was a good few years younger then her...Although the was just a tad taller then her. "Who are you?"

#nocontext
I love Matt Mercer

Hosa Ramsey Corvina Brant Adish Uri Inari ‘Fly’ Crevan Devin Liam Morris Sam Ade Locke
Guardian Guardian Summer Autumn Summer
Animal Morphing Fire Breathing Kitsune Physiology Demon Physiology Flash Step
She/Her He/Him She/Her He/Him They/Them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R i p

PostSubject: Re: I Might Need A Hand [Closed]   Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:30 pm

"Caine. Caine Mallon." He said formally, holding his left hand out to shake hers. Pushing away the nerves, he looked down at the older girl with a smile. There was no way he could let Hosa know how far out of his element this was. She wasn't much shorter than him, and his build definitely stood stronger than hers. But he still felt so small. It was like he was a little kid again. Caine had never even had to ask for help in school ever. Rarely did he study, either, it all came so easily. So, why now? Why was he standing here, begging a stranger to help him master his own abilities? Was this not supposed to come naturally to him, even though it was in his DNA? Thoughts a jumbled mess, the boy's smile faltered slightly before he corrected it. Caine pulled back to pull up the sleeves of his button up. As he did so, the Summer swallowed his pride and spoke.

"Someone recommended I come see you. I'm a wolf shifter and... it hasn't come the easiest. I was told you might be able to help me." He almost tripped over the idea that it hadn't been easy. Admitting it aloud was the hardest thing to do. Internally, he had struggled with his powers since day one. All that time he had pretended he knew what he was doing. Save for the first couple shifts, Caine had written off the rest as purposeful. The tournament had brought out his beast. However, none of it could quite be labeled as 'intentional'. Holding a neutral expression, Caine waited for her response, hoping she could not see through the facade.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Badger

PostSubject: Re: I Might Need A Hand [Closed]   Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Hosa shook Caine's hand when he put it out, nodding slightly as she watched him hesitate once more before speaking again. Her eyes widen slightly as he explained why he was here before a smile flickered upon her face. "Wolf shifter huh?" she hummed before she took a step forward, brushing past him as she swung the door to her house close behind her. "Well Caine, its a pleasure to meet you. I'm Hosa Corvina, animal shifter at your service," she said as she turned to face him with bright blue eyes.

"I know the trouble of having troubles with your gift - I didn't have good control when I first met it and different problems kept popping up throughout my years here at Beata so I should have some personal experience with whatever you are struggling with." She paused as she turned her head up to the sky for a quick moment as if checking the position of the sun before she looked down the streets of Rosebury with a thoughtful hum. "Hm...You know, we should head for the forest," she said as she turned on her heels, waving a hand for him to follow her as she started the trek toward the forest. "You can explain what issues you are having with your gift on the way."

#nocontext
I love Matt Mercer

Hosa Ramsey Corvina Brant Adish Uri Inari ‘Fly’ Crevan Devin Liam Morris Sam Ade Locke
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R i p

PostSubject: Re: I Might Need A Hand [Closed]   Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:24 pm

Caine almost sighed in relief, but he suppressed it. She was kind; she did not make him feel like a complete idiot for not knowing. It was comforting to know that she had experienced problems figuring out to shift as well. Things were only sightly different, given that she could shift into any animal, and he had only one. If Hosa could master it all, there was no doubt he could handle only one beast. As she spoke, he simply nodded along and followed after her. A curious expression come across his features when she mentioned the forest. That was certainly somewhere new. For the most part he had stuck to Rosebury and the school ground. This could be interesting.

"The biggest thing is controlling the shift. Right now.. it is a bit.. random. It mostly seems to be triggered by extreme boughs of anger." Caine tried to find the best way to explain. The whole thing was mostly embarrassing. However, her interest in helping him put him far more at ease than originally, "When I'm changed too, everything feels awkward. I don't know how to best control the wolf."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Badger

PostSubject: Re: I Might Need A Hand [Closed]   Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:29 am

Hosa glance over her shoulder as she listened to him explain what was going on with his gift as they walked down the streets of Rosebury. Luckily, she had experience with all of those problems so she simply nodded her head as she turned her gaze onto the sky in thought. The trouble of controlling the shift had been her main issue when her powers had first manifested - shapeshifting at random if she was startled or if her emotions were running high. As for being trigged by anger and not knowing how to control his form...She shivered as she recalled her first true lost of control in that Summer Tournament a few years prior when she had turned into a dragon in the final match.

"I've had experience with all of those problems myself,"
she finally said after a few moments, letting her gaze flicker over her shoulder to stare at him one more time. "It took practice to overcome most of my issues, getting a better feel for my different forms as I grew into the true strengths of my gift. But once we get to the forest, we can practice learning how to shift at will and go from there."

#nocontext
I love Matt Mercer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
R i p

PostSubject: Re: I Might Need A Hand [Closed]   Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:05 pm

The prospect of being able to control his shift was thrilling. It almost overshadowed the weird sense of lowliness he had picked up from asking another for assistance. At first, the boy felt awkward and out of place as the beast. But now, he craved for the strength and power it offered. As a wolf, Caine was undoubtedly faster, stronger, and far more vicious. If he could control that, well, he would only be that much more lethal. Carl would no longer laugh at his wolf. At the thought, a soft smirk appeared on his face. The only time he had shifted in front of his brother had been pathetic and unexpected. Even as a four foot tall, incredibly muscular monster, Caine had fallen at his brother's feet with a lack of control. Hosa would be the one to help change that.

"How long did it take for you to control?" Caine asked neutrally. All he desired was to get a hang of this as quickly as possible. There was no point in having power if you could not do anything with it. The summer was driven. Whatever it took, he would gain control of the wolf side of him as quickly as he possibly could. He followed after her with thoughts of the future racing through his head. With his drive, the possibilities would be endless. His only worry was how untamable the wolf would prove to be.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Badger

PostSubject: Re: I Might Need A Hand [Closed]   Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:19 pm

Hosa titled her head up with a thoughtful expression when Caine spoke up, giving a soft hum as she pondered the answer to it. It wasn't easy to put down how long it had taken her to overcome each of those troubles when they had presented themselves. "That...Isn't something I can give an easy answer to," she explained as she glanced over her shoulder to spare him a soft look as the forest came into view. "It took me years to gain the mastery that I have now but my gift is also far more complex than yours seeing how I can turn into any animal...And even some mythical ones.

"As for how long it took to gain basic control...It took me a few weeks to be able to reliable take on the form of smaller animals but it was far from perfect - any high emotions such as fear or even just being surprised could cause me to shift...It was how my parents learned about my gift in the first place,"
she added with a sigh as she thought back onto that event. It had taken years for her parents to finally become open enough to accept her gift in all. "But I still had many problems from there - as I gained more control my gift seemed to open itself up to being more complex with the idea of shifting only parts of my body and then the whole mythical creature thing..."

#nocontext
I love Matt Mercer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
R i p

PostSubject: Re: I Might Need A Hand [Closed]   Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:28 pm

"Well, hopefully this won't be too difficult then." Her words brought hope to the Summer. At first, it had all seemed super daunting. The fact he couldn't master something immediately was the worst. However, the fact that is had only taken her a few weeks for basic control made him want to sigh in relief. Caine only had one for to deal with, not the limitless amounts of his shifter counterpart. With any luck, this would take no time at all. It won't take luck, it will take skill, the boy's fist clenched as he reminded himself. All he needed was a little guidence, past that point and once he had the idea, he would be able to handle it all.

It had seemed like a while before they reached the forest. His heartbeat seemed to pick up with the anticipation of learning to master his new skill. Even if it took a couple weeks, he certainly planned on being out here everyday to work on things. But, Hosa would have to show him first. He turned to her with a fire in his eyes, "So, where do we start?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Might Need A Hand [Closed]   

Back to top Go down

I Might Need A Hand [Closed]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: School Grounds :: Forest-