Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

What Even Is This? [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadow
Shadow

Beata Bucks : 11593

What Even Is This? [closed] Empty
PostSubject: What Even Is This? [closed]   What Even Is This? [closed] EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 6:41 pm

After lunch, Declan didn't even bother going to the rest of his classes. He had to get this who ordeal settled. What the hell did Thomas send these chocolates for? Or... why? The more the spring tried to think about it, the less it made sense, but there was a nagging feeling in the back of his mind that wouldn't go away not matter how hard he tried to ignore it as he walked towards the summer's dorm room. Hopefully he would catch him there, otherwise Declan would have to wait and he really didn't like that idea right now.

A loud knock echoed as Declan's knuckles wrapped on sturdy door not once or even a few times, but way more times than it should have, resulting in a rather nervous knock. He had tried to calm himself down before he got to his destination to prevent him from looking too flustered, but his face was still hot and his ears were a bright red. Before the door was answered, the spring couldn't help but look down at the box of chocolates clenched in his other hand. What was he supposed to do with these?

"Thomas?" Declan call through the door. "You better be in there! I need to talk to you!"
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8367

PostSubject: Re: What Even Is This? [closed]   What Even Is This? [closed] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 5:03 pm

At that incredibly inopportune moment, Thomas was strolling down the hallway after finishing his lunch, whistling a tune that had been stuck in his head all week. He spotted Declan shortly before he arrived at his dorm and stopped whistling, his eyes going wide. His face grew slightly red as he debated on what to do. Should he back away slowly and hope that Declan didn't notice? Or should he just turn and run? As he stood there he realized that he had been standing there too long and the boy would for sure know that he was standing there. So, like any normal human, he froze, unsure of what to do. Declan looked slightly angrier than usual.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: What Even Is This? [closed]   What Even Is This? [closed] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:32 pm

The whistling was hard not to notice. At first, Declan ignored it and continued to bang on the door, louder and hard the longer that he had to wait. However, when the whistling grew close and stopped, the spring turned to the whistler with narrowed eyes stopping dead in his tracks when he saw who it was. So Thomas wasn't even in his room. The spring should have known that. But now here they were face-to-face. Everything that he had wanted to say to Thomas instantly slipped his mind so instead, he stood there almost as dumbfounded, narrowing his eyes once more before his expression turned into shock and confusion. "Hey," he finally said before holding the box of chocolates out in front of him almost as if they were diseased. "What are these for? Is... Is this some kind of joke?" he asked, a hint of his words being sincere, the rest in his usual grumpy tone of voice.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: What Even Is This? [closed]   What Even Is This? [closed] EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 6:49 pm

At first the Summer was too dumbstruck to speak. He was frightened by Declan's loud banging and it made his mind go blank. He didn't do so well with loud banging noises. "Uhhh," he started, his brain still not working very well. He looked dumbly at the box being held between the two of them and his mind started to function again. "Those? Those were just because I figured no one would get you anything and I didn't want you throwing a fit because you didn't get anything while everyone else did," he told Declan, trying (and failing) to pass it off as something stupid.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: What Even Is This? [closed]   What Even Is This? [closed] EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 7:12 pm

As Thomas explained, the spring fell silent, not entirely sure what to say. It was pretty obvious that the summer was mostly lying, but he figured that it wasn't entirely a lie. If he had to admit it, yeah, Declan would have been extra grumpy about everyone getting something but himself. But now that he actually had something, he had no idea what to do with it. It was almost foreign in his hands, but he let it drop to his side again. "O-Oh," he faltered, his expression looking lost. It took only a minute or so before he snapped back to his senses and pursed his lips, although it felt like ages in his mind. "Is that all that this is about?" he asked, not quite buying Thomas's story. "Because no one just gives me things. Never have, so this is really weird for me. I just... want to know why." This was all so strange, but as he spoke, his cheeks flushed again, heat rising into his face as his gaze avoided Thomas for a moment. Was this meant to be something... more?
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: What Even Is This? [closed]   What Even Is This? [closed] EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 7:19 pm

Thomas could barely meet Declan's eyes as his face blushed just as the boy's did. He didn't want to admit it, not even to himself, that there was something more to why he gave Declan the chocolates. He looked to the ground and pushed his hair back, a nervous habit that he had. "Don't make me say it," he mumbled, not daring to look up. He knew at this point his face had to be as red as his hair.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: What Even Is This? [closed]   What Even Is This? [closed] EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 7:20 pm

Declan couldn't answer. He knew that Thomas didn't have to respond, but the spring felt like he wouldn't truly know until he heard the words comes out of the boy's mouth. Placing his free hand over his mouth and pulling down on his chin, his eyes tried to find anything at all to look at rather than the summer. Honestly, he was at a loss for words. He was frustrated but scared all at the same time and very, very confused. He wasn't sure why he didn't see this coming, but now he didn't know how to handle it. Deep down, he could feel a strange fluttering. Were these what butterflies felt like? No, no... that couldn't be it. He wasn't like this.

The longer he stood there, though, the more he began to doubt himself, and after what felt like ages of standing there stupidly, he finally remembered to breathe. "Oh, uh... Well, these boxes are really cliche, just... by the way," he said. He couldn't quite bring himself to say thanks, but that wasn't normal for him anyway. However, the tone of his voice sounded like anything other than a complaint. It sounded just as dumb and confused as everything else he had already said today and his beet red face proved it.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: What Even Is This? [closed]   What Even Is This? [closed] EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 6:55 pm

Thomas let out a small chuckle. Cliche? You're lucky you got anything," he responded light-heartedly, still not looking Declan in the face. He looked around the hallway, making sure no one was around to see the two red-faced students. Thankfully, he saw no one. He guessed that was due to the fact that lunch was still going on. It would be very strange to see two students just standing awkwardly in the middle of the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: What Even Is This? [closed]   What Even Is This? [closed] EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 9:53 am

For a moment, Declan couldn't say anything. He tried to come up with something, anything at this point, but his brain was moving too fast to focus on any one detail at a time. "Yeah..." he breathed, his hand finding the back of his neck awkwardly for a moment until he glanced up and saw Thomas looking around. The spring followed his eyes for a moment but when he found nothing around them, his gaze shot back to the floor. "So, um... he paused,  not entirely sure what to say. It had been long time since this boy had been left speechless. "Thanks, I guess. Uh... Do.. Do you want to hang out, I guess? Just... For a little bit maybe? I don't think I've actually tried these before." As he tried to ignore the fact that he said "I guess" twice in a row, he looked down at the chocolates in his hand. It was always something he had seen in movies or TV but in his home, all the sweets were made by some fancy chef. Store bought candy? Forget it. So these were a mystery to him. Plus it didn't help that each chocolate was a mystery of its own.,and he didn't want to eat a bad one.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: What Even Is This? [closed]   What Even Is This? [closed] EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 7:26 pm

Wait. Was he asking to hang out with him? What? He was surprised at the offer. "Oh, uh, sure. I've never really had the chocolates myself honestly," he replied, heading closer to his dorm room's door. He figured since they were already here they would go in. "D-did you want to hang out in my dorm, or were you planning on somewhere else?" he asked, making sure Declan didn't have any other ideas. He was a little nervous around the boy now, because he wasn't sure how Declan felt. The boy never really said, and therefore he couldn't be positive.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: What Even Is This? [closed]   What Even Is This? [closed] EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Suddenly all of the awkwardness that had saturated Declan's features vanished as the spring raised his eyebrows at Thomas then gave him a big eye roll. Would he still be standing here if he wanted to end up somewhere else? "That's a stupid question..." He muttered, crossing his arms only to remember the chocolates were still in his hand. Instead, he ended up doing an awkward dance with his arms, trying to cross them around the box. After a few seconds, he decided to give up, instead settling on placing one hand on his hip with a lot more sass than he probably intended. "We're here, aren't we? I already wasted half of my lunch time coming all the way over here. Why would I want to go anywhere else?" Although, after he asked his own question, Declan finally started thinking about it. They were going to be in there together... alone most likely. Not that that was a bad thing, but with everything that just went down, was it really a good idea? Well, it was already out there. No sense in taking it back. Plus, no matter how much he wanted to admit it, Declan halfway enjoyed Thomas's company. It was a lot better than being alone and the summer seemed to be the only one who could tolerate him.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: What Even Is This? [closed]   What Even Is This? [closed] EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Thomas was beginning to act more like himself and shot back, "I can never tell with you, for all I know you could want me to give you a five-star dinner!" he unlocked his dorm door and pushed it open. He entered, leaving the door open for Declan. He motioned with his arms to show the small living space to the boy. "Welcome to Casa de Thomas y a bunch of others," the Summer said unenthusiastically. Hopefully Declan wouldn't be as insufferable as he usually was.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: What Even Is This? [closed]   What Even Is This? [closed] EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 10:29 am

Thomas's retort actually brought a smile to the corner of Declan's lips. He wasn't quite sure why, but it was good to see him back to normal a little bit more aside from the still awkward tension that hung in the air. "I mean, if you're offering..." he trailed off, knowing that Thomas was joking. But a five-star dinner did sound nice. It had been a while since he had been out to a nice restaurant. Besides, did Rosebury even have a nice, five-star restaurant? It didn't matter. Declan followed Thomas inside, letting out a small sigh of relief as the awkward tension of the air began to thin out.

As the two of them got inside, Declan looked around. It looked just like his own dorm room but with other people's things strewn about. That was one thing that Declan couldn't stand. At home, this entire dorm room, not just one bedroom, was about the size of his private space. Now he was forced to share it with three others. Wasn't that called torture? That couldn't be legal to squeeze four growing teens into such a small space. "Looks... just like I expected," he told the summer nonchalantly. "Who do you share this place with?"
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: What Even Is This? [closed]   What Even Is This? [closed] EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 1:34 pm

The boy thought for a moment, trying to remember everyone that was in his dorm. "I share it with Hannah... Spencer I think, Ishiko Somethingorother, and Chris Allen," he replied. His dormmates weren't in very often, save Chris. Their powers were almost polar opposites, plus he and Thomas's cousin, Stephanie, were pretty close. "They aren't really here that often, so it's pretty quiet most of the time," he added. Thomas wandered around the dorm, picking up a few of his things and tossing them into his room, closing the door behind him. The Summer was pretty organized, but sometimes a t-shirt or two gets left out. "Thankfully my dormmates usually pick up after themselves too, although there are books and movies all over the place," he chuckled. Occasionally he and Chris would watch a couple old movies or talk about books they've read.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: What Even Is This? [closed]   What Even Is This? [closed] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 9:47 pm

As Thomas gave him the names of his roommates, all Declan could do was just give him a glassy stare. He recognized none of the names and had even less interest in knowing who they were. At least they were clean people, though. He wasn't entirely sure why Thomas felt the need to clean up behind them but whatever. Declan wasn't going to stay anything about it. Instead, he simply sat down on the couch nonchalantly and finally opened the chocolates that Thomas had given him. For a moment, Declan wasn't entirely sure what to do with them. Searching the box, it was easy to tell which ones were milk chocolate and which ones were dark chocolate. The problem was, the spring wasn't sure how to figure out which ones were good and which ones were awful.

After several minutes of intense staring, Declan finally gave up. He picked one up and looked at it uncertainly, hoping to God that this wasn't going to taste awful. At first, he tried to eat it but as soon as it got close to his mouth, he stopped and glanced Thomas's way. "Here," he said, extending the piece of chocolate to the summer. "You try one first. Tell me if it's good or not, would you?" Thomas bought them, so he should know which one was which, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Even Is This? [closed]   What Even Is This? [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

What Even Is This? [closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next