Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Lost Time [closed;wild]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10596

Lost Time [closed;wild] Empty
PostSubject: Lost Time [closed;wild]   Lost Time [closed;wild] EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 7:50 pm

Steel gates, pathways paved with red stones, a modest fountain springing to life with sparkling water, never showing a sign of stopping unless it desired to be frozen, and a humble building of coffee-colored bricks, almost as though they were mimicking the pleasant hues of the trees encircling them. Flowers littered the sea of white in the courtyard, poking out with vibrant colors as best as they could to break the winter chills, and students flocked in their usual hangout spots, chatting among themselves about last night's homework and what the answers to the seventh question was or the hint of love in the air with Valentine's day just passing, girls and boys alike gossiping about whether they managed to win the hearts of the person they had set their eyes on. A few of the thematic decorations lingered about, the aluminum and foils reflecting the sunlight. Softly, a smile etched its way across her features. I missed this place... Her fingers gripped the handle of her gift bag more tightly than before as a frosty puff of air coiling in and out like vines with each breath she took.

The best part was that she could actually feel the bitter chills billowing in and out, that wearing a cotton candy-colored scarf or pastel earmuffs and coat wasn't necessarily meaningless. It was cold, and the snowflakes sprinkling to the ground wasn't the only warning sign that she could use. Every step brought a crunch of snow, no matter how light she tried to keep her feet, and even if it had been a few months since then, it didn't stop the fact that she just couldn't stop enjoying it, that she wanted to just laugh and act like a child, diving into the white blanket and making snow angels or kneeling down and shaping snow bunnies from small piles and giving them eyes of holly berries and leafy ears. But... that was for another time. She couldn't stay too long after all.

Knowing the way around campus wasn't something that she could forget. At first, Adeline had figured that, maybe, she'd have a hard time since it had been an eternity since she set foot there. Yet, here she was, and it was as though everything was second-nature, sueding past another patch of flowers, brushing delicately against their petals. And before she knew it, she was already at the doorsteps of the Autumn dormitory. It was warm inside the hallways, the plaques illustrating the numeral for each one, and quietly, she cleared her boots of the snow sticking onto them before entering. Vanilla white with a shiny wooden floor. Ah, it looked the same as she remembered it.

410, 409, 408, 407, 406, and finally, 405. Hesitantly, she raised her hand to knock on the door but stopped before they made any contact. Maybe she should've gone to her own dorm first or planned on what she would say. Figuring out the right sentences and everything was something she had planned to put off until she actually got there - too much stress and worry, she had told herself -, but now that she was actually there, Adeline could only bit her lip and curse herself for not thinking ahead of time. Messaging Barry before she arrived on the academy would've been a good idea too. Guess I'm still an idiot.

She shook her head, took a deep breath and drew whatever courage she could find within her, and gently tapped against the door.

It did nothing to calm her beating heart.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8433

PostSubject: Re: Lost Time [closed;wild]   Lost Time [closed;wild] EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Barry had been enjoying an old book on the couch when he heard the knock. He raised and eyebrow as he placed a bookmark in the page he was on. The Autumn wondered who it could be. He had told Cassandra that she didn't need to knock anymore and other than her no one else really visited his dorm. Aleta maybe? She might be coming to see Devin. He got up off the couch and headed towards the door, still thinking of who it could be. He opened the door and looked at the person on the other side of it. An unexpected face looked back at him. "Lamia. You're here," he said, a little confused. He thought that she wasn't supposed to be back for a long time. But then he realized that he was being rude to one of his only friends and he smiled and pulled her into a hug. "It's good to see you!"
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Lost Time [closed;wild]   Lost Time [closed;wild] EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 9:50 pm

A fleeting moment or two passed and she thought maybe it was a bad idea after all and that she should've just gone to pick up her belongings from her dorm and left the academy without letting anyone know that she had come back. It was fortunate enough that she hadn't run into anyone she knew walking around the campus, but before she was able to make up her mind on what exactly she wanted to do, the door had already opened and a familiar face came into view. Adeline wanted to tell herself that he looked the same as ever, his eyes alight with energy and lacking the tiredness that it did when she last saw him. Not to mention that he looked more mature, though not necessarily worn out. Barry was the same person she knew but at the same time, a part of her wanted to say that she didn't recognize him in the slightest.

"A-ah, Barry...!" Maybe it was really slow reflexes, but she found herself unable to react how she wanted to again, having been pulled into a hug by her friend, and awkwardly, Adeline returned the embrace before pulling away. Taking another deep breath, she forced herself to keep her hands from fidgeting or coming up to twirl a strand of hair, never mind keeping her eyes locked on his and not staring at her shoes, and tersely waved. "Uhm, I-I'm just back for a day or so." Was her stuttering still really bad? Or had she finally managed to fix that issue, even if just a tiny bit? Too much to worry about. If she kept thinking about it, all she would end up doing is getting out of hand with everything. All she had to do was calm down. Easy-peasy, that should be a piece of cake. Totally. Definitely not anything difficult.

Her smile widened slightly as she tilted her head to the side. "I-It's n-nice to see you again."
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Lost Time [closed;wild]   Lost Time [closed;wild] EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Taking a look at the girl, the speedster noticed that she looked a lot more lively than she did the last time they were together. Maybe getting away from the school did some good for her. He wondered what he looked like to her. He knew that he was getting more sleep than he had been last time Lamia was around but he still hadn't gotten his hair cut. It was incredibly shaggy at this point and Cass had been bugging him to get it cut but he just kept forgetting. "Are you really only here for a day? Why so little time?" he asked, moving away from the door frame to allow her to come in. Hopefully she could tell him something about what she had been doing; he was worried about her like he always was, but at least when she was here the Autumn knew what the former prefect was up to. "So what have you been up to?"
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Lost Time [closed;wild]   Lost Time [closed;wild] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 10:54 pm

With a small bow beforehand, Adeline took a few steps into the dorm, her golden eyes peering at the surroundings. Ivory walls and a glossy, wooden floor where anyone could see their reflection within greeted her. The familiar silky curtains blanketed the windows halfheartedly, complementing a deep red hue that splashed the cushions with only the most daring gestures. It wasn't as unkempt as the last time she set foot into the room, yet everything radiated nostalgia, a longing that made her chest stir in turbulence. A simple, humble dorm with few remarkable qualities but held what she clutched so dearly in the place she called her third home.

Well... it was pretty plain compared to where she had been staying for the past while. Not that that was a bad thing in the slightest, definitely not at all, but it was just a bit peculiar after inhabiting a lavish chapel for many months, and the simpleness was a welcome sight, not terrible, and -- "O-oh, uhm..." Right, Barry was right there and she had completely ignored his question with her endless wandering within her own thoughts.

Should she tell him the truth or come up with a minor fib? "Uhm, you know..." No, he didn't know. "Just h-here to pick up s-somethings." That wasn't a complete lie or anything; it was why she had asked to return to the academy in the first place, though that was less of the reason as it was more to see some friends she hadn't talked to in ages. Elliot would've hit her upside the head and scold her, telling her to spit out the truth already and that it would've made her friends worry more about where exactly she was. But, how was she supposed to tell Barry that she was staying with the very group he so vehemently despised? Not that Warren was still in that group, he quit, but agh. Adeline slightly found herself wishing she rehearsed conversation scenarios with Evie and Mrs. Parks when they had asked her.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Lost Time [closed;wild]   Lost Time [closed;wild] EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Barry frowned slightly. So basically he was just a detour on her route to get something and go back to wherever and whatever she was doing before. "Well, I'm just glad you stopped by and checked in on me. More than most people do anymore," he said, shrugging. He was alone most of the day when he wasn't in class. It gave him plenty of time to do whatever work teachers gave him, although his gift let him wait until the last minute for most things. "When do you go back?" he asked her, seeing how much time they'd have to catch up.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Lost Time [closed;wild]   Lost Time [closed;wild] EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 1:42 am

When had she become inconsiderate? The corner of Barry's mouth had scarcely turned downward, almost unnoticeable, but she liked to think she had a good eye for this kind of detail, and it became immediately apparent that it was because of what she had just said. Internally, Adeline reprimanded herself for her poor choice of words while listening to what her friend was saying. It was a bit relieving to know that she hadn't completely screwed up, at least. Agh, she really needed to stop thinking inside her own head and find out a better way to respond.

Placing her gift bag on the countertop next to the sofa before dusting off her skirt with her hands, she took a seat, careful not to knock anything around her. "I-I'm sor--" Adeline shook her head, cutting off before she continued what she was going to say. Break the habit. Use apologies where they were only necessary. It made her feel bad, as though she were being egotistical for not being more cautious with what she said, but it was supposed to be something minor enough to not mention those two words, right? She would never get used to this. "I-I hope you've been doing welI still..." Was that seriously the best she could come up with?

"Oh, and uhm, m-my train won't be f-for a few hours." Unless she remembered incorrectly. "I actually wanted t-to talk to you about s-something." Maybe mentioning it now was not the smartest choice she had made all day, but... "I-It can wait, though."

Her fingers reached for the pendant around her neck, rubbing the jewel's surface subconsciously. What the hell was wrong with her conversation flow?
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Lost Time [closed;wild]   Lost Time [closed;wild] EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 7:38 pm

Barry shook his head. "No, if you need to talk to me about something, let's do it now. Especially if it's important," he replied, trying to keep Lamia from delaying the inevitable, like she always did. Somethings never change. It was a habit he had as well, before he learned to just "rip the band-aid off" as the phrase went. "If we have to I can give you a lift to whichever airport you need to go to," he told her. She was small enough to piggyback on his back for a ride.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Lost Time [closed;wild]   Lost Time [closed;wild] EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Laughing nervously, Adeline twirled a lock of hair between her fingers as a momentary distraction for herself. She didn't really think that one through at all. Maybe she should consider thinking twice before she opened her mouth next time. "Uhm... a-are you sure?" The question wasn't directed at either of the statements her friend had spoke in an awful attempt to possibly avoid the conversation, but at the same time, it was something she did need to talk about. It was one of the main reasons she had decided to head to Barry's dorm in the first place. Too many different ways to start this, her mind swimming with a multitude of phrases varying from 'It's actually nothing important' to 'I just wanted to tell you this' and everything but what she ended up saying.

Lamely, she started, her voice wavering and hesitant. "I-It's about Magic..."
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Lost Time [closed;wild]   Lost Time [closed;wild] EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Mason. Of course. He clenched his jaw and looked Lamia in the eyes as he sat down in a chair. He placed his chin in his hand and leaned on the arm of the chair. His eyes almost looked like they stared right through the girl. Any mention of his childhood friend automatically made him furious. He fumed in silent anger and willed himself to control his temper around Lamia. "What about him?" he asked in a monotone voice. When the girl left, things would be broken. He would yell and throw things. But not in front of Lamia. Not in front of anyone. His anger remained silent to the world. It wasn't their business.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Lost Time [closed;wild]   Lost Time [closed;wild] EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 5:25 pm

A sinking feeling overtook her, causing her to completely regret even mentioning it in the first place. Just, the way Barry's voice sounded. It was devoid of the sort of emotion one would expect from him - or maybe she had been away too long, and his apathy was a normal occurrence now -, and not quite like the sort of more energetic person she had known. At the same time, faulting him for not being as cheerful was just wrong; everything that's happened so far didn't point towards much happiness. Blissful peace and enthusiasm sprinkled into the tangle of despair and chaos here and there, but it wasn't enough. She didn't think she'd ever get used to how flat and sharp his voice came off then. Adeline clenched her eyes shut momentarily, pulling her arms in close. "W-well..." How was she supposed to explain that?

"Uhm... I-I lied about being on a mission," she started softly. It didn't take very long for her to pause again, reluctant to continue. There was a lot to say. There was a lot that shouldn't be said. Deciding what was right to mention and what shouldn't be brought up was difficult. Deep breaths in, deep breaths out. Not enough to still her wavering heart, but it was enough. For now. "I've been in Italy, a-and... uhm..." Mentally preparing herself for this would've been really, really ideal now, wouldn't it? It wasn't some event or conversation that came out of the blue - she was planning to do this from the start, and here she was, fumbling over every single word.

And she was the one who started the discussion in the first place. Why had she gotten so wrapped up in nostalgia instead?

"Magic's doing well..." Seriously? Was that the best she could come up with? And 'well' wasn't exactly the right way to phrase it either, so nice one there. The fact that she was struggling this much to figure out what to say was awful. "I-I mean, there's more to it, but... Uhm... you know..." No, Barry didn't know.

Idiot.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Lost Time [closed;wild]   Lost Time [closed;wild] EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 6:00 pm

Barry struggled to control his emotions as Lamia stuttered on. "So are you with them now?" he asked, maintaining the emotionless voice. It didn't stop a sour look from appearing on the Speedster's face. So she lied to him as well. Who could he believe anymore? It seemed that he could only trust family, and even then Noah and Ed were questionable. Ed more so than Noah. Felicity seemed fairly trustworthy, however. "And no, I don't know. Nobody's told me a damn thing. But I suppose that's what I get for making the friends that I did," he responded, unable to hide the bitterness in his tone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost Time [closed;wild]   Lost Time [closed;wild] Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost Time [closed;wild]
Page 1 of 1