HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
The Summer Tournament has begun! Head on over to the Island and cheer for your favorites!
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Share | 

Heroes never die? [Semi-Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crippling Roollage Debt

Beata Bucks : 1395

PostSubject: Heroes never die? [Semi-Open]   Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:03 pm

"You shouldn't linger here, it's dangerous." Mercy spoke softly, steam curling in puffs out of her mouth with every word as she stood by the rooftop fence, gloved hands clinging to the chain-links. Covered in slowly melting snowflakes, Mercy kept looking over at the corner of the rooftop where freshly cut flower wreaths were laid in front of a photo of a young boy. Sebastian Hawke, the plaque read, and beside it were several unlit candles frozen to the cement. It was a sad sight, a reminder of a grim time, one Mercy wasn't around for, yet she felt the loss keenly as anyone.

Unlike others who only saw the memorial, she saw more. Her hazel eyes met amber ones that glowed faintly with a weary grief of a soul lost, unanchored. He looked the picture of health, dressed to the T in his school uniform with that Prefect badge sitting so nicely on his lapels. But if Mercy squinted hard, she could see the hole in his chest, how the prefect badge was melted and twisted and how his eyes were hollow white. The dead always were the same, they always tried to hide from reality in pretty veneers.

She'd learnt early on, don't trust the dead, they always lie. Not all of them did it maliciously, but they couldn't help it. Souls that lingered on the earth instead of meeting their maker had a reason after all. None of them were ready to leave, afraid of being forgotten or lost in an abyss. She knew this better than anyone, ghosts had always been her company from a young age.

"You're not the only soul here, things that are scary lurk here too. Don't worry, I won't let them forget you, please go."
She stubbornly maintained her stance, ignoring how the boy shook his head, refusing to accept his fate. "You can't stay here forever, you'll forget. I've met ghosts who forgot why they stayed, they're not nice people."

Yet the boy still refused, crouching down to mournfully run his hand through a vase of sunflowers, and a card with sweet cursive writing of a girls. 'I miss you - Steph'. He was trying to tell her something.

"Ah, is she your girlfriend?" He shook his head with disgust.

"Sister?" He nodded, before then gesturing to a sealed jar filled with sour gummies. The note said, 'Come back -C'.

"Friend?" He shook his head.

"Sister?" He waved no.

"Brother?"
At that, he looked pained. "Don't worry, I'll make sure they're okay. Don't worry about them, I'll help them. Please, Sebastian, you need to move on. Please?"

He stuck out a pinky towards her, Mercy bit her bottom lip as she awkwardly smiled. It was always hard to see their pain, their wishes that came from a soul taken too soon. God, please watch over this boy, she prayed as she reached over to curl her pinky with his and stamp their promise with a touch of thumbs. "Good bye, Sebastian. It was nice to meet you."

so many kids, please stop this sinful hand
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EBOOny
Admin

Beata Bucks : 2309

PostSubject: Re: Heroes never die? [Semi-Open]   Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:46 am

It was good to get a breath of fresh air. It was too much if a hassel to crawl out into the forest, he figured, but if he the rooftops then he could at least appreciate some sort of view before the snow piled on again. Oliver wasn't built for the freezing winter, it'd taken him exactly one chilly evening and retarded looking snowman to decide he was done with all that.

The young man let out a loud, drawling yawn as he reached the last step, swinging through the heavy metal doors, not bothering to hide his presence in the least. While he didn't expect to see anyone else up there along with him, he was sure he shouldn't have been surprised. Some girl around his own age, holding her hand up to the thin air, staring away at nothing. He frowned, shifting around place. What, was she crazy, chatting it up with herself? (He shouldn't have been surprised by that either, knowing this place.)

"Who are you talking to?" Oliver called over, crossing his arms together and puffing out a cloud of air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beataacademy.forumotion.com
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: Heroes never die? [Semi-Open]   Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:57 am

Preoccupied with watching Sebastian walk away, Mercy was blindsided by Oliver's presence, even though the fire-escape that lead to the rooftop was nigh impossible to walk on quietly. She jerked back, twisting on the spot to face the newcomer, her below the knee length skirt poofing before settling with her movements. She was the picture of modesty, with thick stockings that had no sheerness and a golden crucifix hanging on her neck.

Unused to talking with strangers, especially strange boys, Mercy hesitated in speaking for a split second before her southern manners kicked in. "My apologises, I didn't see you there. Hello, I'm Mercy Hope. And, as for who I was talking too, just a ghost boy. But he's with God now."

Perhaps she was being a little too honest, but being a tad flustered in combination with her general upbringing that forbade lying of any sort, she couldn't bring herself to say anything but the truth. It was the sort of thing she'd get the switch for back home, saying supernatural nonsense, but the nice man who brought her here promised that kids here would understand. That she wasn't a few cards short of a full deck as her Aunt Chastity put it. She hoped that this boy with his strange coloured hair wouldn't judge her.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EBOOny
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heroes never die? [Semi-Open]   Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:43 pm

He didn't care much for what she looked like. Tacky outfits aside, what concerned him was how she didn't seem surprised by his question at all. If anything, she seemed almost used to it. People weren't supposed to talk to thin air. It wasn't normal. Oliver scoffed under his breath, shrugging his shoulders. "Ghost aren't real," He mused with a long yawn, warm air billowing out into a chilly cloud. "How can you be so sure?" At least he were curious for her answer.

Last edited by Ebony on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: Heroes never die? [Semi-Open]   Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:26 pm

Oh, he wasn't a believer. She was saddened that the nice Headmaster had been exaggerating, but at the same time, it was a lot for folk to swallow. Dragging her left foot back and forth in circular motions self-consciously, Mercy tried to answer him in a way that didn't make her sound completely crazy. She didn't need him to be running around calling her a devil worshipper or similar nonsense. Mercy knew first hand just how that would end up for her. "Because I.. I see them, Mister. It's how I know there was some sorta war here. People died. They linger here, not ready to go meet their maker."

He didn't sound completely against what she said, Mercy hoped that perhaps being able to know something no one new should know would make him see. Or, last resort, she could let him see her little friends. Old Thomas wouldn't be against being seen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EBOOny
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heroes never die? [Semi-Open]   Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:32 pm

Or maybe she just had a vivid imagination. In truth, Oliver hadn't wanted to believe. In a school where people were literally spitting fire or moving things with their mind or shooting lightning out of their fingers like Palpatine, he knew it wasn't totally outlandish to imagine that some strange girl could talk to spirits or whatever. If they were real. He wanted to cling to some notion that he still understood how the world worked. How his brother had gotten so cozy in this place, he'd never know.

Oliver took a few steps forward, leaning in close and shooting her a questioning gaze. "Prove it."

Blue eyes flickered to the ground for a mere moment, one of the school's proudest framed, surrounded by flowers and candles and other farewells. He could hardly say he knew the guy, but it hurt to lool at all the same. Olive always had wanted to talk to him, at least, just once. Maybe she was just grieving madness.
Back to top Go down
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: Heroes never die? [Semi-Open]   Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:44 pm

Following his line of sight, Mercy shook her head sadly. "You won't be able to talk to Sebastian, he's gone to rest with his maker. You can pet ol' Thomas though, he's always happy to meet new people." With a shimmer, a glowing cat pounced out of her chest, Mercy's form flickered as if she was not really there, but soon solidified as the cat gently landed on it's feet. The ghostly tabby tom looked at it's surroundings a little confused, sniffing the unfamiliar scents in the air. It was clearly not used to being alive, but remained undeterred in approaching the new human with his tail drawn high.

"Say hi to him, he was my granny's ol' cat. He's been with me since I was a tater tot." She crouched down carefully, tucking her skirt between her legs to prevent any embarrassing flashing as she went to eye level with Thomas, who seems to be slightly hovering just above the ground now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EBOOny
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heroes never die? [Semi-Open]   Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:28 pm

Oliver tilted his head aside, his blue eyes shooting back up towards the girl. The way she spoke, the subtle sadness to her words, it was almost believable. A truly convincing show for most, he was certain, but the young man couldn't help but remain skeptical all the same. "Old ... Thomas...?" He repeated, muttering under his breath. It took little longer than that the moment he saw the... whatever it was just flash into existence for him to lose himself. He let out an embarrassing yelp, taking a few steps back and doing his damned all to not fall back on his ass.

It was a cat. Just a cat...? "It's a ..." The cherry-blond huffed, eying the thing wide eyes. "Ghost cat. It's a ghost cat." She stayed so calm about the entire thing, and yet still he couldn't help but wonder if this was some trick or if there were a projector or something around. The truth refused to sink in. "That's... weird. Does it bite or anything?" He could've smacked himself then. It was an imaginary feline. Of course it wouldn't bite.

Still, he found himself cautious as he brought himself down onto one knee, peering closer with a determined frown etched into his face as he poked a curious finger forward towards the freaky... floating... whatever it was.
Back to top Go down

Heroes never die? [Semi-Open]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: School Grounds :: Hallways :: Rooftop-
Jump to: