Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

Beata Bucks : 8599

Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN} Empty
PostSubject: Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN}   Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN} EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 3:39 pm

(I had to do this for Hope's outfit ;-;)

Hope entered the café silently, taking in the sights of this place, and the incredible aroma of coffee, hot chocolate, and other various items that were making Hope crave something...anything...from this place. She wondered where Amaye was, she said she'd meet her here, and perhaps Hope would also meet some other students too. She knew one of them worked here as a barista, someone had responded to her Esper post saying so. She headed up to the counter, excited that she'd finally be able to try a drink with caffeine in it. She never had before. She had decaf coffee when she was 11, and now she would be able to drink lattes, mochas, and even frappes on a regular basis!

She decided that she'd probably just start with a regular coffee, then go with different drinks as the days went by.
She leaped up with fright when someone tapped her on the shoulder.

~~~
(And I had to do this for Amaye's ;-;)

"Hope, what are you doing?" She asked, confused.
"Ordering a coffee! Duh!" Was the reply of Amaye's sister.
Amaye certainly had promised her sister that she could try a caffeinated drink this time around since she was in high school, but Hope was already pumped up and active. It was if she already had caffeine. She didn't need more! She just shrugged, "I'll go find some seats, can you order me a latte?" She asked, before walking off. She sort of hoped no one else would show up except for Hope, she didn't want to make a fool of herself like she usually did. What if she spilled her latte? Like she did a whole bunch of times...
Well, Amaye would just have to shrug her shoulders and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

Beata Bucks : 8410

PostSubject: Re: Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN}   Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN} EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 10:06 am

Hopping on the outfit train, thanks peer pressure.

Luke pushed the door to the Cafe open, sighing thankfully for the air conditioning. His outfit was nothing less than a mistake, given the heat. He strolled up to the counter and ordered a doughnut and an iced coffee while fanning the collar of his shirt. He paid with cash from his pocket and carried his food to a table next to a girl with blonde hair Amaye. It looked like her friend—sister?—was heading up to order coffee. He smiled at her and opened up Esper on his phone, going through random statuses with no real objective. He pursed his lips, looking up and back at the girl. "Hey, I'm Lucas. Spring. How are you?" he spoke with a sweet easiness to his voice.
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN}   Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN} EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 12:27 pm

Amaye put on a friendly smile, "Hi, I'm Amaye, er, winter," She began, trying to sound as casual as she could. She wished that Hope would hurry up over to the table to continue to conversation and make it less awkward. Even though Amaye had wished that it would be just her and Hope, she certainly couldn't expect no other students to come into the cafe. So, she'd just have to live with it.
"I'm fine, thank you." She finished, politely.
Amaye would definitely need to spend some time in the library after this to clear her mind, and perhaps she could convince Hope to come along. At that thought, Amaye wanted to laugh silently in her head. Hope in a library? That would never happen, unless Hope was looking at some sort of fictional novel.

Out of the corner of her left gray eye, she saw Hope standing up beside the counter, holding a coffee and a latte. She was just smiling as if waiting for Amaye to speak. Amaye narrowed her eyes at her sister before turning back to look at Lucas with a calm smile.

~~~

Amaye will do fine having a conversation by herself, she needs this! Hope thought as she watched her sister from the counter. She stepped aside to let another customer order. Besides, Hope could always go over if Amaye was struggling, it's not like she had abandoned her sister in the cafe alone. She slowly took a sip of her coffee. At first, she thought it tasted odd. Then she smiled.
This tastes amazing! Better than decaf! I need one of these every single day! She thought, her smile growing.

She thought Rosebury was a nice town, and she'd probably spend some time here again later just to see what was around after she visited the Studio back at the school. She took another sip of her coffee, a long one, and took a deep breathe afterwards, admiring the taste. How many cups of coffee did it take for someone to go crazy hyper? Maybe a dozen. Maybe Hope would try drinking a dozen coffees in a day just to see the results.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

PostSubject: Re: Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN}   Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN} EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 7:27 pm

Luke nodded, and out of the corner of his eye he watched the other girl. "Is that your sister?" he asked, taking a second stab at small talk, "She reminds me of my little sister, Izzy. Once she opens up and tells us she's been experiencing her gift, she can some to Beata. She's just a littler timid about it. She doesn't want to get harassed for it at school like I did." Luke dreaded the thought of it happening to his baby sister. Though she was only two years younger than him, he still saw her as a child who needed protection. Quite frankly, she could handle herself very well without a gift. If the Spring boy had opened up about his abilities sooner, he would have come to Beata when he was 13. It would've spared him the playground beatings and ridicule. At the same time, he was much more reclusive and nervous at 13 than he was at 15, so he felt lucky that he waited.

"I can cause hallucinations," he explained, "Though, I don't get it from my parents. My grandmother has that gift, so I have a feeling my sister's won't be exactly the same."
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN}   Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN} EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 9:22 am

"Yeah," Amaye began, a smile beginning to form on her face. This boy seemed easy to talk to, and talking about Hope was a comfortable conversation for her, "Yeah, that's my sister. She's thirteen, and I'm 15. So we're three years apart. I'm sure if your sister came to Beata, she and Hope would get along well." She said, silently praising herself for not stumbling over her words or fiddling with the items she kept in her pocket. She noticed that Hope was ordering another coffee, but she decided not to say anything to her sister. That's how Amaye had felt when she had her first coffee. Turning her head back to look at Luke, she continued to speak.

"My power is...well...I can bring toys to life. Hope over there can bring art to life. It must be awful, being teased and harassed by those who don't have gifts. If they had gifts, they wouldn't appreciate being taunted. Hope and I never had to experience that, because our parents homeschooled us through elementary and middle school." She told Lucas.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

PostSubject: Re: Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN}   Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN} EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 3:03 pm

Lucas smiled softly, thinking of the china doll his mom kept on her shelf. "That sounds so amazing! I don't think non-gifted kids would bully someone with a gift like that. It's a little different when they don't we what we can, I guess." He quietly looked deep into Amaye's eyes, locking her gaze. He gingerly waved his hand over the table between them, allowing a green butterfly to manifest in both their lines of sight. He watched it flutter to Amaye's shoulder with a faint smile. "I couldn't give other people hallucinations when I was little, so they just thought I was a little crazy." Luke ran a hand through his unruly hair, shrugging. "It's nothing much, but I like butterflies... Nobody else can see it unless I let them."

Yo man you wanna ship this?? Also here's the butterfly
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN}   Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN} EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 3:52 pm

OOC: I literally was shipping this when they first started talking <3 I also ship someone else with Amaye as well

Amaye glanced at the butterfly, smiling. It was gorgeous. She was surprised that someone thought her gift was 'amazing'. She had thought her gift was boring compared to the ones she had seen at Beata so far. What could her gift do in combat? Poke the enemy? Unless Amaye built some sort of Lego monster.
"That is so cool..." She said, complimenting Luke's gift. She wondered when Hope would come over here and give her the latte she asked for, but when Amaye turned her head to look, Hope was happily drinking away at the latte.
I'm not even going to try and stop her... She thought.
She silently debated with herself whether or not she should demonstrate her gift, then she finally decided that she would. She slowly pulled a small Lego figure out of the pocket on her shirt, and placed it on the table. She simply glanced at it, then watched as it began to move all on it's own. It was small so it couldn't do much, but if someone stepped on it barefoot then it certainly would be painful.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

PostSubject: Re: Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN}   Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN} EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 5:35 pm

OOC: Love triangle? ; )

Luke felt his cheeks flush with pride when she complemented his little creation. "They don't do too much yet, but I'm working on it." He watched the little Lego figure waddle around on the table, crossing his arms and resting his head on them to get closer to the toy. He giggled softly, nudging it with his fingertip. The boy looked up at Amaye. "You're really nice, Amaye," he said sweetly. "You're probably the calmest person I've had to talk to, at least."
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN}   Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN} EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 6:49 pm

OOC: I'll have to confirm Amaye's other ship first.

Amaye smiled again, "Thank you," She said, "I'm glad that I've found someone who's calm as well."
And she actually meant that, a lot of the students here were rowdy, at least rowdier than Amaye would like them to be, and her sister was a perfect example. She looked down at her watch. Not that she wanted this conversation to end, she just wanted to see how long she was talking without making some sort of clumsy action, and she hadn't even stuttered. She then stopped thinking about that. She wouldn't want to jinx it for herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN}   Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN} Empty

Back to top Go down

Caffeine and Cakes {OPEN}
Page 1 of 1