Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

courage, dear heart (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

Beata Bucks : 11185

courage, dear heart (closed) Empty
PostSubject: courage, dear heart (closed)   courage, dear heart (closed) EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 7:13 pm

Noa is a cute little thing, and I can't help constantly putting together outfits for her >>

The air conditioner was running, you could hear it. It hummed quietly, filling the otherwise quiet Lounge with a soft buzz and a stream of crisp, cool air. It was a Friday night, and most students were out busying themselves with get-togethers and parties, which left the lounge hushed and empty... or at least nearly empty.

She was perched in a love seat; her legs were tucked neatly underneath her, and she held a book tightly in her hands. It was easy to miss her, for she was petite in stature and made no noise except for when she turned a page. A small green-brown lizard sat upon the arm-rest next to her and lazily watched his owner reading, his brown eyes glazed with boredom. All was pristine and predictable, the way she liked it; and then, like a ripple in a still pond, the door of the lounge creaked open and Noa's eyes widened behind the book.

She was in no mood to meet anyone, although to be fair, she rarely was, and at the sound of the opening door Noa felt her heart drop in her chest. Surely she should greet the new-comer, that was the polite thing to do wasn't it? Although as Noa reviewed the idea in her head, she figured maybe she was better off leaving them alone, deciding that if she ignored the intruder they would leave her again. And yet as the seconds ticked by, feeling much more like hours in Noa's mind, her conscious nagged at her, maybe she should say 'hi.'

With a sudden gust of courage, Noa peeked over the top of her book at the new-comer, and then quickly brought the book back up to cover her face. She could feel her face growing hot as a flush of color washed over her face. Hopefully they didn't see that.
Noa quickly turned the page and pretended to keep reading.

Chestnut the lizard however was not nearly as timid, and turned it's beady eyes towards the new comer. He stared at the person lazily for a few minutes, and deciding they were nothing to worry about, his eyes once again glazed over, and he was back in the world of boredom.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

Beata Bucks : 8407

PostSubject: Re: courage, dear heart (closed)   courage, dear heart (closed) EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Luke huffed as he wrenched open the door to the lounge, the cold metal nice against his sweating hands. He just had to tug himself out of an awkward conversation with an upperclassmen, who noticed him swatting at his own head. He was still grasping getting hallucinations to leave, but he could make them appear at will, which was a nice improvement. The Spring students seemed nice enough, but making friends was hard for him. What did you expect when your experience with peers was being pushed into the mud and called crazy at recess? He was finally done moving into his dorm, but he didn't really take time to get to know his roommates... not yet, at least. The brown haired boy needed a break from the bustling halls and tough teachers.

Lucas didn't even notice the girl sitting quietly by herself as his lithe fingers grazed the books lining the walls, humming softly. He pulled a thin novella from the shelf, an old, worn book with a picture of four young ladies on the cover. It was certainly an aged story. As he turned around with the book in hand, his breath caught in his throat
 Sure enough, a smallish girl was almost hiding behind a book, a reptile sitting on the arm of her chair. A crooked smile breached his features. "I didn't even see you!" he giggled, "You don't make much noise. Maybe your gift's invisibility." He reached for a beanbag chair with his foot and kicked it across from the girl's loveseat, plopping down in it. His long legs bent up in an almost feminine way as he shifted into place. "I'm Luke," he said softly, almost fearful of breaking the sacred silence, "Do you mind if I keep you company for a little bit?" 
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: courage, dear heart (closed)   courage, dear heart (closed) EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 10:03 pm

Noa was startled by the boy's interest in her, although she wasn't sure why it surprised her anymore, everyone here at Beata was so social. "Uh-- it's um... it's not." Noa muttered back, gingerly removing the book from her face. "My power I mean... it's not invisibility."
Her cheeks were warm and she put a small hand on her face as if willing her blushing to seize. It didn't. Noa wasn't one for the social scene, in fact in her three years at Beata she had somehow managed to only make two friends. Not that it really mattered much to her, she loved the friends she had, but her lack of social interaction had yielded itself to developing a very timid girl. Any social encounter almost always involved blushing and stumbling, and besides, Noa liked keeping to herself, it kept her from accidentally doing something embarrassing.

Noa sat there wide-eyed for a minute, unsure of what to say as he moved the bean bag to be closer to her. She studied him, he seemed nice enough, not nearly as wild as many of the other students. Maybe she could do this, the Spring glanced at his book, even if he did have a crap choice in reading material.
"Oh, uh-- Hi Luke." She raised a hand up from her book and gave a small wave. The color on her cheeks deepened, but she pretended not to notice. Instead she lifted the book back up from it's resting spot on her lap and glanced over at her pet to make sure he hadn't wandered off. He hadn't. "Yeah, no!" Noa chirped, her eyes growing wide once more. "I meant 'yeah, no' I don't mind-- not like, uh, 'yeah, no' that I-uh- I did mind... Because I don't...I don't know why I said "yeah" in the first place... I should have just said 'no!'... ahem-"

She let her voice trail off as she lifted the book higher so that her face was once again completely hidden. Her eyes scanned the page, but she couldn't comprehend what she was reading. She ran the situation over in her head, so preoccupied with her social awkward-ness that it took her a minute to actually realize she had read the same line four times.

Noa put the book down again, this time more firmly. "I'm Noa..." She offered a meek smile. "In case you were- uh-- wondering."
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

PostSubject: Re: courage, dear heart (closed)   courage, dear heart (closed) EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 6:36 am

Lucas almost laughed at the girl's speech (but of course he didn't!). The stutters and soft voice was endearing. He flipped through his book while addressing her. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Noa," he hummed. He didn't realize his own fidgeting at first, but he eventually noticed how he looked behind his shoulders and brushed at his arms. "Sorry, nervous habit," he said, a blush crossing his cheeks. Excellent first impression. She definitely doesn't think you're crazy now. The boy scanned Noa over quickly, looking at her petite frame and her timid manner... and her lizard.

He reached carefully for the animal, stopping when he realized he should probably ask. "He's an interesting pet. They're all I could replicate when I first got here, so I'm kind of sick of them, but I see the allure." He pulled his hand back and curled his legs into a different position: crossed on the beanbag. His fingers twirled into his v-neck idly.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: courage, dear heart (closed)   courage, dear heart (closed) EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 1:18 pm

Noa curiously peered over at the boy watching him fidget in his bean-bag chair. She had chalked it up to the cold temperature of the room, since many people she knew fidgeted when they were cold; and even after he said something, she didn't think much about it. "Oh- heh- you're, uh, you're fine." She meant it. His nervous antics made her feel more at ease, and she was grateful for his flushed cheeks, it made him easier to relate to.

He reached forward, and instinctively she drew further back into her chair. It was to her relief that she realized he was reaching towards Chestnut, but she was completely put at rest when he stopped before taking the pet in his hands. "Ahh-- yeah." That probably wasn't the right  thing to say was it? She really had never gotten good at these sorts of things naturally.

"His name is Chestnut. He's pretty wild." She spoke gently, gesturing towards the reptile with a small hand. The lizard blinked lazily. Noa couldn't help but let out a tiny laugh at the absurdity of at all, but she kept her eyes on Chestnut, still too timid to make eye contact with the boy.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

PostSubject: Re: courage, dear heart (closed)   courage, dear heart (closed) EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 12:18 pm

Lucas nodded, carefully moving to scratch the top of Chestnut's head. He laughed with Noa, falling back into his seat. He watched the way she curled into herself timidly, not quite making complete eye contact. He remembered being that way before Beata, overcoming it when he was pretty much shoved into social situations from the beginning. Noa probably had a few boundaries, and he wondered how many people had crossed them. Growing up, it was what made him so reclusive. He kept observing quietly, wondering if she was dissecting him as well. "I wish it was quiet like this all the time. Maybe it's just because I was used to being by myself all the time before." He shut his eyes, smiling. All you could really hear was the air conditioner. It was serene, a nice break from classes and crowds and other peers. "You're a good person for quiet, Noa. It's nice talking to someone who's not using a huge voice and talking over me."
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: courage, dear heart (closed)   courage, dear heart (closed) EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 5:26 pm

Noa could feel his gaze on her, but was unsure what to make of it. Of course it made her uncomfortable, nearly all interaction did, but he was gentle and persistent with his attempts of conversation, and Noa couldn't help but feel a little glad for his presence... she just wished he'd stop looking at her.

"Heh- yeah..." She kicked her foot out from under her, and awkwardly pressed the toe of her red shoe into the floor. "The quiet is nice." She smiled, grateful to have met another student as comfortable with silence as she was, and upon deciding this, she finally gained enough confidence to look up at the boy. But then he spoke again. She froze, her face rapidly gaining color until she was comparable to a tomato. "Oh-- heheh.. that was-- I- thanks.." She wasn't sure what to say? Was what she said sufficient enough for that kind of compliment? She couldn't tell. "I don't really talk over anyone..." A small smile lit her face as she spoke again, "Well, I take that back... Sometimes I speak over Chestnut."
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

PostSubject: Re: courage, dear heart (closed)   courage, dear heart (closed) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 7:00 pm

Luke laughed loudly. "Poor Chestnut... I wonder if he'd say anything if he could talk." He cocked an eyebrow. "You know, I've always wanted a cat. I think a Maine Coon would be nice... A specific color, though. Man, I don't know how I can describe- Oh, duh! I can just show you!" He waved his hand while looking deep into Noa's eyes, sending the image of a big, silvery cat in her direction, sitting on the arm of the chair Chestnut was not occupying. "It's just a vision, so it won't do much to you unless I want it to." He watched his creation dawdle and lick its paws with a longing stare. He really wished he could have a real cat like that, but he could only dream for now.

Lulu's Dream Cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: courage, dear heart (closed)   courage, dear heart (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

courage, dear heart (closed)
Page 1 of 1