Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Binder

Binder

Beata Bucks : 10287

Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)   Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 9:30 pm

Paige weaved between the trees, the fall leaves that dropped earlier in the winter crunched underneath her untied shoes. The girl let out a heavy sigh as she stood up against the tree. It's been so long since she went out in nature, all the closed doors that prevented her from seeing the gorgeous greens outside. Paige turned to face the tree a wicked grin appeared on her face. She reached for the closest branch and began making her way up.

It wasn't long until the autumn reached a fair distance up, it was a perfect spot to look over the forest. Out in the distance she was able to see the tops of the school buildings poking out over the treetops. Her legs swung back and forth under her as she looked upon the forest, the tree branch was large enough to hold her for the time being. The sun was no longer high in the sky and was slowly sinking back into the darkness, the tops of the clouds began to change magnificent colors of orange and pink. A small gasp escaped Paige’s lips as she stared over the scenery a breathtaking sight no matter how many times she has seen it.

A sudden thump caused Paige to direct her attention back to the ground. A blue shoe laid in the leaves and her yellow sock was exposed, she gave a frustrated sigh as she stared at her shoe. With a sudden increase in strength the autumn shot her arm out and pointed her fingertips at the blue blob. She closed her eyes to concentrate and began to wiggle her fingers. The shoe did not return. No matter how much she tried, the force was not with her. Paige leaned up against the tree's trunk and began to hum slightly to herself, she would worry about it later.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Beata Bucks : 8964

PostSubject: Re: Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)   Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 10:26 pm

Jillian had been wondering about the forest for a while, ever since she noticed it on the school grounds map.  She was worried to go into it at first, for she had no idea what dangers could be lurking among the thick brush.  And it's not like her power could protect her; what could temporal vision do?  Especially at her low skill level, Jillian would be, pardon the harsh language, totally fucked in such a situation.

Yet, on this fine day, she somehow found herself slowly treading in the direction of the heavily wooded area in search of some peace.  Lately her social anxiety has been killing her and she needs a bit of time away from the oppressively crowded hallways that always seem too small.  Thus, here she was, slowly but surely making her way to the thicket of trees and various other shrubbery.

Once Jillian reached a tree, she ducked behind it and leaned against the solid trunk. Her breathing slowed and her golden eyes slid shut. For a minute, she just stood there, happy to breathe in the scent of some nearby flowering bushes and listen to chirping bugs. Finally, she began to walk further into the forest, glancing back occasionally so she could remember where she came from.

After a few moments, she noticed something on the forest floor that doesn't belong. It was blue and, upon closer inspection, appeared to be a shoe. Jillian picked it up and inspected it. It didn't seem to have been there long and her golden eyes began to scan the forest around her to see if the owner was nearby. Silence settles around her and finally her ears pick up a soft, calming noise coming from above her head.

Jillian looked up and started when she noticed the sound came from a young blonde girl, seemingly a student. The shoe fell from her now shaky hands and she backed up a little. The sight of someone else here was utterly shocking, to say the least. She hadn't expected anyone else to be here. After a moment, she managed to mumble out a somewhat coherent sentence.

"Uh, hi, um, is this, uh, y-your shoe?" Jillian picked the shoe back up and clutched it tightly.
Back to top Go down
Binder

Binder

PostSubject: Re: Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)   Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 1:01 am

Paige hummed a soft song her brother used to sing to her. It's sweet tune filled her ears as she leaned back and enjoyed the bright sun. The autumns legs swung back and forth, the wind breezing through her shoe-less foot. Sean was on her mind more, thinking of ways she could get the hermit out of his room. 'If only there was someone here close to him. Perhaps they could help me... What would they help me with though?!" Paige let out a frustrated groan as she shoved her face into her hands. She listened to the calm gusts of wind and tried to think of a better solution to help her brother.

Another breeze caused her to open her eyes, the sun was set to go down soon and it was only a matter of time before she had to go. Blue eyes shown with surprise as someone called up to her. They stared at the girl who was clutching a blue shoe, 'What did she say? Was it something about my shoe?' Paige gave the girl a smile and called down to her, "Ah! You found my shoe! Can you throw it up?" She gave a playful laugh as she waited for the girls reaction to her statement. There was no way anyone could throw something up that high and successfully have it caught by the other person.

Paige waved her hand at the girl, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I'll come down and get it~" She clenched her fist and filled herself with determination. She felt her power flow through her as she focused it onto her own body. If she thought this out correctly, she could make herself very light and mostly float down, but this will require a lot of concentration. Of course she has been practicing, with small objects and never on a human subject... But why not try it now?! It would be the perfect opportunity.

She stood on top of the branch that she used at a seat, her body already felt lighter and she could feel herself having a lighter touch on the objects around her. "Okay! Here I come! Wish me luck!" With a jolt she pushed herself away from the branch and began to float down at a decent speed. Out of excitement her arms shot out and she laughed with pure joy, "I'm actually doing it! I'm stronger than I thought!" Her body began to disobey her commands and she was quickly returning back to normal weight. She was a few yards off the ground when her entire concentration vanished and was replaced with joy and panic. Paige gave out a light chuckle and she fell into the leaves. She laid against the ground stunned of what just happened. The autumn sat up and burst out laughing, "Did you see that?! Hah! I'm such a fool, jumping out of trees. I need more practice..." She wiped the tears of pain and joy out of her eyes and stood up to meet the girl. "Thank you for my shoe~"
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)   Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 6:07 am

Jillian was a bit worried when the young blonde asked her to throw the shoe. She's never been very good at sports, and with the way she was shaking, there's almost no doubt she would've failed spectacularly. Nonetheless, she prepared to throw the blue projectile into the tree. However, a moment later, the student told her that she wouldn't have to attempt to toss the shoe. A sigh of relief escaped Jillian's lips and she relaxed her stance, still clutching the shoe tightly.

It had scared Jillian when the blonde said 'wish me luck'. What could that mean? What was she about to- oh. She was jumping out of the tree! Jillian wanted to rush forward to help the girl; there was no way she'd make the fall without hurting something important. But her fear left her locked in place, golden eyes wanting to shut so she didn't have to see what would probably be a horrible accident.

But somehow, instead of tumbling out of the tree at top speed, the girl was almost floating. Perhaps it shouldn't be so strange to Jillian, after all, everyone at this school had powers, but it was still shocking to see a human seem light as a feather, coming down gently from a tree. Well, for the most part. The student fell a little harder after a few moments of peaceful floating and Jillian became worried.

Finally, she managed to push herself into action and move forward, wishing to help the girl. When she got closer, she noticed the girl was fine, she was even laughing a little. Jillian gave her a little smile, glad that the student was okay. The last thing Jillian wanted was another trip to the infirmary. When the girl stood up and thanked her for her shoe, she held it out to the girl, offering it with a smile and another attempted sentence:

"Uh, you're welcome,"
Back to top Go down
Binder

Binder

PostSubject: Re: Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)   Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 11:04 pm

Her blue shoe slipped on with ease, she bent down and began to tie it, leaves still falling from her clothing from after the fall. Once she stood back up she dusted herself off and gave the girl a friendly smile, "I'm Paige by the way." She stuck out her hand to shake the girls.

She looked back up at the tree and realized just how high the branch actually was. She admired her accomplishment and squealed with joy inside, it was almost time for the tournaments she would need a lot more practicing if she wanted to kick butt.

Paige gazed back at Jillian, her golden eyes meeting Paige's blue ones. "So, what brings you to the forest?" Now that she was in the presence of someone else, it wouldn't be a bad idea to start some small talk.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)   Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 9:24 pm

Jillian watched the girl with curious eyes as she replaced her shoe.  When the student, Paige, as she was informed, stuck out her hand, Jillian took it without thinking.  Perhaps the strange meeting in the woods or the anxiety that came with Beata's suffocating crowds was messing with her head.  Or perhaps she wanted to mess with her power again.  She hadn't used it, consciously or unconsciously, since the accident and she didn't know where her level was at.

No matter the reason, she still touched Paige's hand and immediately realized her mistake. It was like her meeting with Sean all over again; this girl even looked somewhat similar to him. Her eyes glossed over and her stare became hard and distant. Emotions swelled in her chest and faded, blurred images flashed in her mind.

She felt a feeling of happiness, soon crushed by debilitating heartbreak and loss. Jillian's own confusion seemed supplemented by the confusion of the memories and her head spun, making her almost nauseous. She saw two blurry, distant figures with matching blonde hair. The figures are torn apart in the next dizzying second and she felt elation and curiosity; a blonde figure stood alone in front of a large building that looked suspiciously like Beata.

Finally, Jillian snapped out of her stupor and began to hyperventilate, nausea stirring deep within her stomach. She stumbled backwards, hitting a tree hard. She caught her breath slowly and despite looking directly at Paige, didn't register her question.

"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, I swear," Tears glistened in her eyes momentarily and she held them back, not wanting to seem totally out of whack.
Back to top Go down
Binder

Binder

PostSubject: Re: Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)   Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:03 am

Tears rolled down Paige's cheeks as the memories flooded back. She thought of them everyday, but this time it was more of a refresher of what happened. The pain and shock that filled her years ago sat within her more revived then ever. "Ah, no. I-it's okay." Paige bent down to help the girl up, but realized it was probably a bad idea since it was the human contact that allowed her memories to come back. Instead the autumn set on the forest floor next to the shocked student. "Are you alright?"

This was definitely not how she was planning to spend the rest of her afternoon. A flood of memories coming back to let her suffer more. Sadness overwhelmed her when she realized that this is how Sean probably lived his life every day, memories that he tries to keep suppressed coming back as if it is a never ending supply. Paige's blue eyes gazed over at the student, she seemed pretty banged up after the experience. 'Her power must be to see the past...'
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)   Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 9:23 am

"Y-yeah, I'm fine, just..." Jillian finished her sentence with a deep breath.

She slid down the tree trunk to sit next to Paige.  Looking over, she saw tears glistening on the student's cheeks.  Jillian gave the girl a sympathetic smile, worried about whether or not Paige was okay.  Her head spins and she continues to breathe deeply, keeping herself focused on the blonde next to her and keeping herself from hyperventilating again.

"I'm sorry, I, uh, sometimes forget to be careful.  Are you okay?"  Jillian wasn't worried about herself, she's experienced much worse panic attacks before.

She wanted to make sure Paige was okay; her past seemed rough and dredging up memories like that can be difficult for both people involved.  Her eyes shone with true concern as she looked over at the girl.  This relaxing walk in the woods was going to be much more complicated than Jillian would've ever thought.
Back to top Go down
Binder

Binder

PostSubject: Re: Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)   Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:34 pm

The ground was soft and the leaves provided a nice layer between her and the soil. The forest was her favorite place and it always provided a calm atmosphere. Paige brightened up at the girls concern, "Yup! I'm good. Nothing I haven't seen before." She tried to play it cool, in fact she wasn't really trying. It didn't bother her that much anymore. The horrible pains that came from her brother's incident, she worked hard over the years to push them down and become a more happy person. Besides, this girl probably doesn't even know Sean, so there would be no way that Paige's past made any sense to her. And if she ended up meeting Sean in the future the memories would probably fade and nothing would happen. Paige gave the girl a smile to reassure her everything would be okay, "So, I never did catch your name."
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)   Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 9:43 pm

Jillian was relieved and saddened at Paige's response; that kind of sorrow cut deep and wasn't the kind of thing that could heal easily, or even at all. A sympathetic smile spread across Jillian's lips and her golden eyes gazed at the blonde student next to her. The smile Paige gave her made her feel a little better about the situation; Paige was not the kind of girl to get knocked down easily.

"My name is Jillian," She responded to Paige.

She gazed around at the trees for a little while, taking in the atmosphere of the forest. The overall calm of this place felt so odd compared to Jillian's still fast-beating heart. She took in a few deep breaths to slow down the rapid pace and leaned her head back against the tree. Lazily, her head leaned to look at Paige and she fixed her bangs so they laid flat again.

"So what're you up to out here, all alone?" Jillian asked, a small smile lighting up her features.
Back to top Go down
Binder

Binder

PostSubject: Re: Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)   Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 2:34 am

Paige shoved some leaved into her hands and began to crumble them watching them fall and mixing in with the other leaves. She glanced up at Jillian who was taking a deep breath, 'Her power must take a lot out of her..' She dropped the rest of the leaves and wiped her hands against her pants to remove the soil. Her blue eyes brightened up at the girls question, "Oh, I was just thinking about life. Trying to think of solutions to help my brother..." The autumn paused for a moment, this girl already knew most of her backstory so she should keep information about her brother on the down low. "But, uh, I mostly came to just feel the nice atmosphere of the forest." A couple moments passed by before Paige spoke up again, "What brings you to the forest?"
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)   Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 10:30 am

Jillian watched Paige play with the crumbling leaves and listened to her intently. When the blonde mentioned her brother, something pulled at the back of Jillian's mind. Her brother... was that the boy I saw in her memories? The tugging in her brain didn't cease, but she ignored it in favor of listening to Paige continue.

"I suppose you could say I came out for the atmosphere too. Being at Beata is... stressful to say the least," She looked down at her feet and adjusted her shoelaces nervously.

Jillian came out to the forest for peace and quiet, maybe a bit of exploration among the trees. Instead, she accidentally tested her power on some student she just met. It was like her first few weeks of school all over again. She was anxious, not thinking as clearly as she should be, and accidentally used her powers on another student.

Paige seemed quite nice though, even if she was a little tormented by her past. Maybe they could become friends, and Jillian wouldn't be so alone all the time. She had had a good friendship with Sean before the whole winter formal thing happened, and she'd like to have a friend like that again. Jillian wasn't sure how she could face Sean after what happened and now it seemed she could just move on from that.
Back to top Go down
Binder

Binder

PostSubject: Re: Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)   Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 2:18 pm

"Ugh, tell me about it. I've only been here a couple months and I'm stressing out." It wasn't too bad entering the school, but now that Sean knows she goes here and that she forgives him he wont stop clinging onto her. It's probably cause she's his only friend, but seriously can't he be just a bit more social. Paige shook her head, this wasn't about Sean this was about her. Her free time, not free-time-to-think-about-sean. Her pale blue eyes glanced over at the golden pair that roamed the forest floor.

The autumn followed her gaze and looked up at the trees, the sun poking around their branches as it descended into the mountains. "I love the forest. This is my favorite place on the whole earth." She laid back onto the leaves and put her arms behind her head, it was so nice and peaceful she hasn't felt this way in a very long time.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)   Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:50 pm

"It is beautiful, isn't it?" Jillian sighed and let a satisfied smile spread across her face.

This was nice; this calming peace that settled over her as she sat next to Paige and stared into the distance. The trees swayed in a light breeze and the sun twinkled on the horizon, its glare cutting right into Jillian's eyes. She squinted and watched the forest for a little while longer.

"So, uh, what brings you to Beata?" She nonchalantly questioned the blonde student next to her.
Back to top Go down
Binder

Binder

PostSubject: Re: Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)   Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:59 pm

Paige's eyebrow twitched, 'Damn it.' Even though she just tried to stop thinking about Sean it seemed that everything led to him. And Jillian already saw her backstory, the more she talked about Sean the more she got pulled into their story. "Ha, funny you ask..." The girl paused to muse about how she would answer, "I actually came here for my brother Sean--" Shit. The name slipped. "But I also came here for my own benefit! So I could get better with my power!" It was true, she didn't come here just for her brother. Her mind drifted off as she remembered the tournament. She was practicing so hard with her powers but she still ended up losing. Her opponent did have power negation, so there was that in the way. Paige let out a sigh, the clouds were turning more of an orange and pink now that the sun was finally making its way down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)   Hanging around in the trees (OPEN) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hanging around in the trees (OPEN)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next