Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Make your own nation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8729

Make your own nation Empty
PostSubject: Make your own nation   Make your own nation EmptySun May 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Hey people. I don't know if I want to do anything with this, but I still like the idea of worldbuilding and countries and fictional history and stuff. For fun, I'm going to put a template below you can fill out to create a fictional country.

For the sake of keeping everyones' nations on the same planet for possible future use, every nation will conform to my lame premade history: We're all on the planet Kepler 22c, a penal colony cut off from Earth and full of people deemed criminals by an Earth dictatorship. Most developed their own languages and culture in isolation and hatred of the Earth, though some nations and people retain cultures and languages from Earth, called 'Loyalist Nations.' There are five continents: Proseper, Eos, Selene, Leto, and Mnemosyne. The original landing spot is Proseper; loyalist nations are north on Mnemosyne. I don't really have anything else planned for the others or regulations, so do whatever.

The present year is 300 After Landing (300 AL). Settlers arrived at an independent city named Panin first and foremost, in case you want to reference that in your history or other information.

Remove whatever is in italics.

Code:
[center][img]FLAG IMAGE URL HERE[/img]
[size=20][b][font=georgia]COUNTRY NAME HERE[/font][/b][/size][/center]

[u][b]Political Information[/b][/u]

[b]Country Name:[/b]
[b]Country Population:[/b]
[b]Capital City/Population:[/b] [i]Name [Population][/i]
[b]Notable Cities/Populations:[/b] [i]Explain why they're notable. Could be just population size. Name [Population] - (description)[/i]
[b]Currency:[/b] [i]The US has the dollar, much of Europe has the euro, UK has the pound.[/i]
[b]Economic Stability:[/b] [i]On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being Greece and 10 being Germany, what's your country's economic stability?[/i]
[b]Type of Government:[/b] [i]Republic or Dictatorship? Parliamentary or Congressional? Branched or Unitary? Explain.[/i]
[b]Leader[s]:[/b] [i]List as many significant people as you can. President, Vice President, PM, Dictator, Supreme Leader, Supreme Executive Janitor, etc.[/i]
[b]Allies:[/b] [i]Can be fictional or nations existing in this thread already.[/i]
[b]Enemies:[/b] [i]Can be fictional or nations existing in this thread already.[/i]

[u][b]Population Information[/b][/u]

[b]Demonym:[/b] [i]A fancy word for a nation's adjective. For example, I am American.[/i]
[b]Ethnic Makeup:[/b] [i]What ethnic groups make up your country? For example, America is probably 60% European English, and .01% Cherokee. Fit in all those kinds of things, you can make up ethnicities as you wish[/i]
[b]Ethnic History:[/b] [i]Who founded your country? Who has been historically oppressed? Has this been resolved? Where there/Are there any wars over it? Things like that.[/i]
[b]Official Language:[/b] [i]Canada's official languages are English and French, for example. It is what the government declares the national language for legal text and stuff. This is optional. If your official language is an Earth language, you're almost definitely a Loyalist nation and are located on Mnemosyne.[/i]
[b]Language Makeup:[/b] [i]Kinda like the ethnic makeup, but with languages. America is probably 80% English speakers and 15% Spanish Speakers, 5% Other. Think of the percentages as ow many people have the language as a first language.[/i]

[u][b]National History[/b][/u]

[b]Founder[s]:[/b] [i]Your national hero, the one person or people known as your nation's key founder or founders.[/i]
[b]Year Founded:[/b] [i]If the present is 300 AL, and humans arrived on Kepler in 0 AL, when was your nation founded?[/i]
[b]Foundation History:[/b] [i]Sort of your nation's prehistory. What led up to it becoming a thing? Was there a revolution? A big journey? Did you just plop down in a place and declare independence?[/i]
[b]National History:[/b] [i]Probably the biggest of these sections. Note major happenings in your nation along with dates, preferrably in a timeline format.[/i]
[b]Key People:[/b] [i]Important leaders and figures in your nation's history. Can be presidents, freedom fighters, pop culture icons, poets and writers. Anything.[/i]

[u][b]Geographical Information[/b][/u]

[b]Continent:[/b] [i]Proseper, Eos, Selene, Leto, or Mnemosyne.[/i]
[b]Location on Continent:[/b] [i]Are you close to the water? Landlocked? Do you border someone else? Maybe you are on an island. Are you north or south?[/i]
[b]Land description:[/b] [i]What makes up your land? How much of it is forest? Is it mountaneous? Does it get precipitation?[/i]
[b]Key land features:[/b] [i]If 'Land Description' was a summary, this is specific. What's your largest mountain's altitude, where is it located, and what is it called? Volcanoes? Weird rainbow colored lakes?[/i]

[u][b]Military Information[/b][/u]

[b]Military Size:[/b] [i]On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being Vatican City and 10 being the US during the peak of the Cold War, how large and poweful is your military?[/i]
[b]Military History:[/b] [i]What wars have you been in? What wars have you won? Explain the conflicts.[/i]
[b]Unit Details:[/b] [i]Explain the military your nation employs. Do they have secret police? Special infantries? Paratroopers? What are their uniforms? What are they called?[/i]
[b]Hostility:[/b] [i]On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being a peaceloving docile nation and 10 being North Korea, how hostile and ready to attack is your country?[/i]

[u][b]Et cetera Information[/b][/u]

[b]Stereotypes:[/b] [i]What is your country known for? For example, France is known for fashion and being snobby. England is known for bad teeth and the monarchy. Russia is known for being metal and badass. Sweden is known for being cucks.[/i]
[b]Likability:[/b] [i]On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being America to Iran and 10 being England to American teenage girls, how well do outsiders like your nation?[/i]
[b]Standard of Living:[/b] [i]On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being Mongolian yurts and 10 being Norwegian luxury prisons, how would you rate your peoples' comfort and access to luxury?[/i]

Last edited by Jay on Sun May 15, 2016 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8729

Make your own nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make your own nation   Make your own nation EmptySun May 15, 2016 6:39 pm

WORK IN PROGRESS

Make your own nation Yt6DxZd
Asele

Political Information

Country Name: Asele /a:-zə-lə/
Country Population: 12,510,739
Capital City/Population: Àgestinfel /ɔ:-gɛs-tɪn-fɛl/ [2,380,444] - A port city with a big artist population. Its central street has a variety of architectural homages; neoclassical buildings are erected beside bauhaus buildings, and it is considered the architectural capital of Kepler.
Notable Cities/Populations:
Ascfel /aʃ-fɛl/ [1,748,112] - Second largest city in the nation, a port city often cited as the birthplace of Novelic
Míeįn /mi-eɪ:n/ [800,301] - A port city on a smaller island off the coast of the mainland island. It is a popular vacation spot and features some of the prettiest beaches in Asele.
Govheidh /go-weɪt/ [308,771] - Oldest city on the Novel Islands, once Tsetsian-ruled. Built on the slope of two hills and burned down twice in 150 years.
Currency: Kovhn  
Economic Stability: 8/10
Type of Government: Parliamentary/Congressional Republic, kinda. Parliament is split into small chambers based on different issues (security, environmental, etc.); each region votes in a certain amount of people per issue, and the Prime Minister is voted in separately, much like a president. The PM can vote on and supervise issues from any chamber.
Leader[s]:
Prime Minister Alby Britik
Chamber of Military Leader Matȝu Algoridhe
Chamber of the People Leader Aofí Brennen
Chamber of Economics Leader Ȝan Ȝerif
Chamber of Securities/Police Leader Aise Bern
Chamber of Environment Leader Gorden Furovh
Chamber of Communications and Relations Leader Lara Linstergof
Allies: Mórghas, Flinmereen
Enemies: Liempore

Population Information

Demonym: Aseler
Ethnic Makeup: 77% Novelic Aseler, 12% Novelic Tsetsian, 5% Panin Longstayer, 6% Other
Ethnic History: The Aselers have a long history of strifes with the Tsetsians, a group who lived in the Novelic islands before the Aselers. They've conquered them and given them freedom multiple times, and have taken and still have much of their land.
Official Language: Novelic
Language Makeup: 88% Novelic, 6% Tsetsian Ennish, 6% Other

National History

Founder[s]: Alfred Vhuitai (at his birth spelt Weitei)
Year Founded: 72 AL
Foundation History: Alfred Vhuitai was a Panin veteran who, after fighting barbarian outliers off the coast of the Proseper mainland, discovered a large island and convinced people from the independent city to join him in exploring it. He ended up staying, along with most of the others, and settled the city of Ascfel less than 100 miles from the older 'barbarian' capital of Äzhano (now called Govheit.) The two peoples met shortly after Vhuitai and his colony settled, and struck up a friendly agreement to not disturb one other; however, shortly after, following a population boom and a sudden growth of Aseler land and influence, this agreement became null.
National History:
72 AL - Ascfel is founded off the coast of the Novelic mainland, a city name that now means 'Blue city.'
88 AL - Vhuitai meets with officials from the Tsetsian capital. They create the 'Treaty of the Novellands'
91 AL - Vhutai dies of malaria. 12 countries send representatives to the funeral, including Panin and Tsetsia.
102 AL - The first Aseler census announces 120 towns and cities in the new country; 500,000+ inhabitants. People swarm, especially those of Celtic and Nordic roots.
115 AL - A Tsetsian general states that Tsetsia is the rightful owner of the Novellands. Aseler leaders become a little soured. Aseler papers blast Tsetsia.
118 AL - The Republic of Liempore, who sent a representative to Aseler in Vhutai's death, announces support for Tsetsian rule over the Novels. Aselers see this as a betrayal of good relations.
122 AL - A border skirmish happens in the midst of the Aseler border town of Genter and the Tsetsian border town of Leher. The dispute is mostly between townsfolk and independently-acting militias. It is known to those unapproving as the 'Folly of Hostile Borders' and to those supporting it as the 'Battle of the Borders.'
126 AL - Panin signs a treaty with Aseler declaring protection if either gets attacked.

Key People: Important leaders and figures in your nation's history. Can be presidents, freedom fighters, pop culture icons, poets and writers. Anything.

Geographical Information

Continent: Proseper
Location on Continent: Aseler sits on a cluster of islands with a noticeable mainland at the western part of the Proseper called the Novel Islands, or the Novellands. The mainland island is 200x bigger than the next biggest island.
Land description: The Novellands are known for their rainy weather and emerald plains. The east is forest-heavy (Tsetsian and Mórghan lands) while the west has more plains and field lands. (Asele)
Key land features:
Aier's Drop: In the central Novellands, near the border or Asele and Mórghas, is a deep cave drop in the midst of the dewy emerald plains. It is about 500 feet deep and drops into a pool. A large cave system is down there, full of crystals, where water from the caves make them shimmer blue when light is shone. Founded by Aseler explorer Heal Aier, a famous explorer and cartographer known for traveling across Kepler.

Military Information

Military Size: 6/10
Military History:
The Tsetso-Aseler War (135-136) - A war between Tsetsia and Asele for control of the Novellands. Asele won, but did not entirely annex Tsetsia; a deal was cast where Asele got a third of their land, including the old capital land.
The Second Panin Attack (147) - When Panin was attacked by the neighboring authoritarian nation of Leil, Asele intervened and helped Panin win.  
Unit Details: Explain the military your nation employs. Do they have secret police? Special infantries? Paratroopers? What are their uniforms? What are they called?
Hostility: 6/10

Et cetera Information

Stereotypes: What is your country known for? For example, France is known for fashion and being snobby. England is known for bad teeth and the monarchy. Russia is known for being metal and badass. Sweden is known for being cucks.
Likability: On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being America to Iran and 10 being England to American teenage girls, how well do outsiders like your nation?
Standard of Living: On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being Mongolian yurts and 10 being Norwegian luxury prisons, how would you rate your peoples' comfort and access to luxury?[/i][/i]
Back to top Go down

Make your own nation
Page 1 of 1