HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
The Summer Tournament has begun! Head on over to the Island and cheer for your favorites!
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Share | 

a spark {closed}

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Crippling Roollage Debt

Beata Bucks : 1386

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:37 pm

She was blushing. He couldn't help grinning a little stupidly at the sight, not out of deep affection (he'd only just met her after all), but out of satisfaction. There was a sort of joy in peeling others out their shell, and to learn about others was something he honestly enjoyed. People was all so different at Beata, he'd forgotten how amazing of a melting pot the school was. Morgan reminded him of the best things in Beata. "A pet rock? Does it have a name? I had one when I was a kid. Steve. I fed him orange pulp." Steve had been a great pet rock, until Clark found out where the smell of rotting oranges was coming from. After that, Steve had to mysteriously disappear to visit his family. It wasn't the sort of thing from his childhood that he often shared, but she'd told him something that was a little embarrassing, so he offered that tidbit in return. It helped that he was relaxing and getting sucked deeper into the conversation, this was, she was nice.

Any thoughts of going upstairs to his dorm was long lost in the wind.

so many kids, please stop this sinful hand
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frosty

Beata Bucks : 4509

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:55 pm

Orange pulp. She let out a sharp, bright laugh, the first actual laugh he had gotten out of her since he'd arrived in the longue and forced a conversation on her. Not that she minded too much. She hadn't really made any friends at the school, despite how long she'd been there. Though she wouldn't consider this a friendship just yet, it was a pleasant change to have a casual conversation like this, something she didn't know that she lacked in her life.

"I'd say that's weird, but I suppose I have no room to judge, since I still have one now. His name is Jimmy." She tucked her hair behind her ear, looking away. "My mom gave him to me when I was a kid. It's probably stupid to still have, but oh well." Morgan hadn't known at the time that her mother had a power like hers. For the longest time, a pet rock had just been a childhood pet rock, but then her mother had left and she developed her power and realized why she had given it to her all those years ago. Tantalum didn't melt, and she didn't heat up when she touched it. Plus, she could never have a living pet. And sometimes, that just got lonely.

KIMPLY JAYDEN EMELIA - MORGAN DUBLIN ADALENE

- character pages -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:30 am

"Nah, it's not stupid, mate." Jonathan responded quickly, still beaming at her with his dopey grin. "I think it's kinda cute, like you." While he'd intended on reassuring her that it wasn't that weird to have a pet rock, that wasn't exactly what he meant to say in that moment. It was just nice to hear her laugh, he didn't want her to feel self-conscious, but it seemed he'd done the opposite. 'Jesus Christ, Jonathan. Really?' He cursed himself internally, digging his nails into his knees as tried to scramble for a way to save this. The solution he arrived at was, well, just roll with it and pretend it never happened. It wasn't that weird to call a girl cute... Right?

"Do you know..." He started, gesturing to the window with his hand that wasn't digging holes into his knee. "That Princess comes over on command. You just gotta stand near a window and shout her name. Crinkling a plastic bag helps."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:30 am

I think it's kinda cute, like you. Oh god. Her cheeks flushed and automatically she clammed up, a slight frown on her face. She had been opening up, slowly growing more comfortable throughout their conversation, but the compliment wasn't something she was used to, and the way she dealt with things like that was... well, she didn't really know how to deal with it, actually, other than shutting him out again.

Morgan listened to Jonathan try to change the subject, frown still etched on her face. But she was just as welcoming of a distraction as he was, so she nodded to the window. "Are you going to show me, then?" She asked, eyebrow raised as if to say she wasn't impressed until he proved it.

- character pages -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:52 pm

She was going along with this abrupt change of subject, thank god. "You wish is my command." Jonathan was quick to roll onto his feet with one fluid movement, and powerwalk over to the window to seize this opportunity granted to him to play it all off cool. He turned back to wink at her for luck, in a very platonic manner, of course, before unlatching the window and opening it after a few grunt heaves. "Princess? Princess!" He called before ducking half his body out the window to call out better. "Princess!"

It didn't take too long before an answering caw resounded outside. She rarely strayed far, too domestic to go hunting like a proper currawong.

Slipping back out from under the window ledge, he waited with abated breath to the large blackbird to sing her song before landing on the window sill. "Caw." She screeched, pecking at his hand. When she saw that it was empty, she looked quite miffed.

"Stay, hello to Princess, mate." Jonathan waved her over to join him, he looked like a proud father, showing off his child. He had half-expected Princess to take off the moment she realised there was nothing in it for her, but she stayed. Good girl, he said internally.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:05 am

Morgan didn't want to smile, and she most certainly didn't want to find it cute the way he leaned out the window (which probably wasn't very safe) to call out into the sunny day. She only smiled because of how ridiculous he was being. Yeah. That was it. She crossed her arms over her chest and waited for his pet bird to come flying in on command like he claimed she would.

Only when she heard the bird did she believe Jonathan. Her eyes widened, and she got caught up in excitement for a moment, moving towards the window to stand by him. How bizarre was it to have a pet bird that came to you on command? "I'm impressed. Jimmy never does that for me." She said, deadpan, though she couldn't hide the subtle upturn of a smirk.

- character pages -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Unable to contain it, Jonathan laughed at her deadpan comment as he replied jokingly. "Well I can help you teach Jimmy. It's not that hard, just a lot of bribing with food. I'm sure he'll learn, once we get past his hard shell." He tilted his head, non-verbally urging her to come closer. "Princess doesn't bite... much. You can pet her, I promise she's softer than Jimmy."

He used one finger to scratch on top of the blackbird's head, smiling loving when the bird leant into his touch willingly. He'd reared her from birth when his father brought home a fallen nest of currawongs. She'd been the only survivor out of the flock, her siblings died before reaching adulthood. Jonathan couldn't help adore her, there was a bond between them, a mixture of a parental and sibling relationship that they shared. Which also meant a prerequisite to being on good terms with the pink haired boy was being approved of by Princess.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:13 pm

Morgan smirked, rolling her eyes at his bad pun. Still, she couldn't help finding him funny, as much as she tried to appear otherwise.

Pet her... Morgan's smile dropped, replaced by a deep sadness in her eyes. She held herself closer and looked away from Jonathan and his bird. This is why she didn't talk to people. While they had their little conversation, she had actually begun to enjoy herself, and now that there was a blaring reminder of her unfortunate predicament, she felt her mood come crashing down again. Just fucking great. "Oh, I'm sure she is. I don't think Princess would want me to pet her, though." While she talked, she didn't even notice the fact that her pout grow more and more prominent. "I kind of burn anything one I touch... pretty black birds included." She mumbled out as an explanation.

- character pages -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:54 am

When her smiles faded as she withdrew onto herself, Jonathan stopped petting Princess (much to her annoyance), and froze wondering what he'd said wrong. Did she have a phobia of birds? That was a thing, Aspen had been utterly terrified of Princess when they'd met in the woods, he didn't really understand how anyone could find the blackbird spooky, but it was a thing. To his relief, it wasn't that. It was something he could actually do something about.

"You could still pet her, if you want. Lucky for you, Mademoiselle." He began with dramatic flourish. "My gift is power negation. If you can stomach the idea of holding my rough, manly hands, you should be safe to pet her."

He gave her a reassuring smile whilst offer her his hand, angling himself to be in her line of sight again. Her skittishness was a stark contrast to her previous, more light-hearted self, one he didn't enjoy the sight of. Now understand her powers, her general loner attitude all made sense. He wanted to give her this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:00 pm

You could still pet her, if you want... No, that's the point. She couldn't touch anyone. It wasn't a power, it was a curse. So why did he look so happy? She listened to him with narrowed eyes as he explained to her, using all dramatics, what his power was. Instantly forgetting her earlier glumness, her eyes widened in surprise. So her power wouldn't work? She could actually act like a normal human for once and not have to cower away?

She studied his hand for a moment, her cheeks flushing, heating up even more than her already high temperature. She'd never held someone's hand before, if you didn't count her little sister or her parents. And even then, that was years ago, when she was just a child, before her powers manifested. She looked between Jonathan's expecting face and his outstretched hand, trying to work up the nerve to take it. It's not that she didn't believe him, it was just that her brain was hardwired to stay away from contact. What if he was wrong, and she did burn him? She reached out slowly, before gently placing her hand in his.

Nothing happened. He didn't back away in pain, didn't glare at her with angry eyes. His hand felt cold and soft and nice in her's, which was a strange feeling. She could feel the heat of her body begin to drop down to what she assumed was a normal temperature, as if all the pent up heat within her was just... gone. Still, the heat on her face only grew, and she couldn't make eye contact with Jonathan as she clung on to his hand.

Morgan stepped forward, tugging him along with her until she stood in front of Princess. The bird gave her a curious look, and Morgan smiled sincerely. "Hi, pretty." She'd never been this close to a bird without it flying away. It's eyes were black and focused on her, but they didn't appear to be malicious. She reached forward with her free hand, still wary of hurting the creature, but she squeezed Jonathan's hand as if to remind her that there was nothing to be afraid of. For this moment, she wasn't a monster. When her hand began to stroke down the bird's back in the way she'd watched Jonathan, the bird appeared to lean into her touch. 

Looking up at Jonathan, she smiled, completely and utterly open and happy. She didn't know how to thank him for this moment. Her eyes were a little glassy, but if anyone ever asked about the time she got teary eyed over a bird, she'd set them on fire.

- character pages -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:57 am

Jonathan squeezed her hand back, watching her with tender smile as she carefully reached over to pet the bird. He prayed that Princess wouldn't be cheeky and try to fly away, for once the heavens answered his prayers. She was a natural, mimicking how he'd done it, and Princess was more than happy to remain still to soak up all the love. Attention whore, he thought fondly at the blackbird. All others thoughts were washed away however when Morgan looked back at him with eyes glassy, a open smile.

A breath hitched in his throat.

She looked radiate in that moment. The sun softly filtering through leaves and open window, the way she looked vulnerable yet so overwhelmingly glad. The openness on her face, the look of peace. It suited her far more than the closed off glances, the hunching over books that droned on about history while others basked the warmth outside. His heart ached a little that something so mundane as petting a bird brought her close to tears, but it wasn't pity. He knew isolation well, it had been his friend for the long while after Melissa had died. Guilt, fear, self-hatred. They'd dogged his heels, chasing off any hope of becoming the boy he once was. Or so he thought. Morgan had reminded him of the boy he used to be, the one who'd share a Dr Pepper on the rooftop with a girl he liked, pegging the metal can at passing by students. He would give this to her and much more because she, without knowing it, had given something important to him.

So he replied with a soft glance, smile splitting his face and returning the open look. "I actually need to bring her up to her cage in my dorm. Wanna bring her upstairs? She'll perch on your arm if you offer it." Usually he'd leave Princess out a little longer, but if he didn't take her inside, the bird would soon bore of the fact there was no treats around. This way, she could spend a little longer with the bird, and also they'd have to continue to hold hands. Which, without being creepy, was kind of nice. He'd missed human contact that didn't involved Mr Bear flipping him upside down and tossing him onto a mat.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:43 pm

In the quiet serenity of the moment, Morgan could hear students laughing and talking outside, the general hubbub of school life. For once, it didn't irritate her. She didn't find it annoying or obnoxious that they were enjoying their day. From the open window, she felt the sun soak her skin, warming her up. That in itself was a new feeling to her, something she hadn't even known her power prevented her from feeling. It was like she was seeing the world in a completely new light.

Morgan had completely forgotten about all things studying and textbooks, her's still left open on the couch. Normally, she wouldn't do something as careless as leaving an expensive textbook in a public place, but this wasn't a normal exchange in the least. It had been ages since she had a meaningful conversation with someone, especially one that involved black birds and holding hands upon their first meeting. Caught up in all the excitement and new sensations, she had quickly agreed to go with him, nodding her head a bit too enthusiastically without a second thought. Inwardly, she winced at her readiness to agree. In the back of her head she thought about how unlike her this all was. She really had to rein in all this bubbly, girly shit that had seemed to take over her in the last few minutes. It was embarrassing, really.

"I mean, I don't have anything better to do." She replied coolly, trying to appear aloof once again. She turned away from him, her hair hiding her face as she reached out her arm to Princess, a gentle smile once again gracing her face as the bird flapped her wings and made her way onto Morgan's arm. She was quickly becoming fond of this bird, and though she'd never admit it out loud, she couldn't help feeling a growing affinity for her owner as well.

- character pages -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:53 pm

Jonathan coughed to hide his ungentlemanly snort of laughter at Morgan's abrupt attempt and hiding her enthusiasm at accompanying him to put Princess away. For her sake, he pretended not to notice, instead playing it cool like he didn't notice a thing. It was real cute how she was handling this all, and he couldn't bring himself to be mean about it, even jokingly.

"We can come back for our stuff, no one's going to steal a textbook and a gym bag. C'mon, it's up this way." Jonathan jerk with his head to gesture the way to the Winter Dorms, leading her carefully to the right staircase, his hand firmly gripping hers. Despite her attitude, she was still holding onto him tightly and had a sweet smile on her face. He was being won over too, drawn in by her fascinating mix of toughness intertwined with vulnerability. Whatever plans he had previous were long gone in his head, he was focused only on this moment with her now.

And to his little wingman, he mouthed silently to the bird. 'Thanks, mate.' To which Princess didn't respond at all, choosing to skitter and peck at Morgan's hair instead.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

a spark {closed}
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: School Grounds :: Lounge-
Jump to: