HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
The Summer Tournament has begun! Head on over to the Island and cheer for your favorites!
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Share | 

a spark {closed}

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Frosty

Beata Bucks : 4335

PostSubject: a spark {closed}   Wed May 04, 2016 10:37 pm

Morgan Laiten sat alone in the lounge while it seemed like the rest of the school was running around outside and enjoying the lovely day. That had never been her cup of tea. The last time she'd tried to enjoy the fresh air and the scenery of nature, she'd nearly caught the entire courtyard on fire when she fell asleep in the grass. In retrospect, not her best idea, but she'd been bored staying in all day reading. Which is what she was doing in that moment, actually. A textbook sat in her lap and she peered at it through black rimmed reading glasses. She laid across the entirety of the couch, but didn't think much of it as nobody else was currently in the lounge, and she doubted anyone would come by.

It's not like she wanted to be studying on a beautiful day. Finals were coming up, however, and the Spring wanted to be on her A game when they came around. Anyways, it was probably best for her to stay away from the rest of the world. She already felt like she did more harm than good, and she didn't want to ruin anyone's perfect day.

KIMPLY JAYDEN EMELIA - MORGAN DUBLIN ADALENE

- character pages -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuman

Beata Bucks : 1151

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Wed May 04, 2016 11:03 pm

Jonathan was torn up inside from leaving Maisie like that, but she'd confirmed the unthinkable, she was working for them after all that they'd done to the school, to him. It was messing with his head, and he when to his room to cool off, but that didn't do anything. He ended up pacing in his room, annoying his dormmates with his occasional sighs and growls to himself. Taking his duffle bag, he went to work out at the gym, taking out his frustrations on the mats and the dummies around, quick accurate hits to vital regions. He'd been at that for two hours before he was struggling to feel things in his hands, a good time to stop, he thought. And that's how he got here, he'd cleaned up in the showers but didn't feel like going back to his room, caging himself in again. The weather was nice, but large crowds didn't seem so appealing.

Dressed in loose track pants and a grey tank top that clung to skin from the moisture that remained after his shower, he decided to go to the shared lounge, carrying his duffle bag on one shoulder. Unfortunately, he wasn't alone, there was a girl he'd never seen before. He could see much as he was behind her, but he could tell she was reading something. Jonathan considered fleeing to his room, but he knew that wasn't the solution to his issues, he had to start being himself again. He couldn't run from people forever, no matter how disastrous his encounter with Maisie was. "Hey, mind if I join you?" He called out, walking around to be in the girl's line of sight.

JULΕSCAYDEN  ♥ JONNO Δ KAI ϟ VIENNA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Wed May 04, 2016 11:43 pm

Far and away the most influential change of the postwar decades lay in the Great Depression. If World War I represented the political collapse of Europe, this catastrophic downturn suggested that Western capitalism was likewise failing... Morgan was about to doze off when she heard the door open behind her. Pretending like she didn't notice whoever was there, she tried her best to pay attention to the Great Depression, which wasn't exactly a cheerful nor interesting time in her eyes. While she seemed relaxed, her back was rigid and she was on edge, hoping whoever showed up just left once seeing the room was occupied.

When a male's voice called out, she sighed. He could only be talking to her. Looking up from her book and peering over the top of her reading glasses, she raised an eyebrow, trying to seem indifferent as she studied him. She noticed his clothing choice first, then the way his shirt clung to his body. Doing her best to move on from that detail, she studied his face. The way his pale pink hair was still damp from what she presumed was a shower, (maybe swimming, hopefully not sweat.) the duffle bag on his shoulder, a noticeable Australian accent, a friendly smile on his face. Morgan supposed she couldn't be too upset. This was a public lounge, after all. With the intent of being used by people of all different houses. It was merely serving its purpose.

Morgan turned back to her book as she spoke, trying to make it seem like she didn't care either way. In reality, she didn't mind the company. It had been a bit too quiet in the large room, a bit too lonely. "It's not my lounge, so I can't exactly stop you." It was flat, but there was a bit of a smirk present as she spoke.

- character pages -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuman

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Thu May 05, 2016 12:13 am

Her hair looked quite striking from behind, but actually facing her with the sunlight filtering through the window gently, it looked like it was alight. He'd never seen a girl with hair quite like hers, so vivid in it's hue. But he didn't let his eyes linger too long, taking in the whole picture in front of him. She didn't look too unhappy with his presence the lounge, though if he was reading about the Great Depression, he imagined any distraction would be a welcome change of pace.

"'kay, mate." Taking her word to it, he drop the duffle bag on the ground, letting the equipment thud dully. Running a hand through his damp hair, he sat down a little way off from her, running a hand through his slightly damp hair, before turning to face again. The remote sat between them, he could turn on the TV and ignore her all together, but the little smirk at the end caught his attention. Jonathan was an extrovert at heart, and despite his issues, he yearned for basic human contact. So he went out on a limb, letting the conversation flow on. "I'm Jonathan, by the way. I haven't seen you around before, are you new?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Thu May 05, 2016 10:30 pm

Morgan tried to stay interested in her textbook, she really did. Unfortunately, she hadn't done anything interesting all day and now that there was finally a way out from the torture of studying, her mind kept pushing her to take it. Without her control, her eyes occasionally migrated upward to the stranger, before she caught herself and looked away. She didn't know what was so interesting. It was just some guy.

She raised an eyebrow when he spoke, looking up from her book and trying to appear uninterest while she made note of his name. "I'm Morgan. I've been here for years." She said flatly. Still, she felt her cheeks heating up without her consent. "I just don't get out much..." It was true, people often asked her that very question. In reality, Morgan just tended to focus on her studies and did her best to stay away from the student body.

- character pages -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuman

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Sat May 21, 2016 9:28 pm

"Ah." That was awkward, Jonathan winced a little internally at his gaff. Way to go and start a conversation with a stranger, he was really cracking the ice well today. If Morgan seemed mildly disinterested before, now she looked disinterested and flustered, neither of which he'd intended at all. "No shame in that. I don't either, probs why I didn't see you around before, mate." He said, at little sheepishly, though he maintained a relaxed, lazy smile as he settled into the couch.

"What house are you in? I think I would have noticed a face like yours if you were in Winter." He tilted his head slightly, a reflexive habit of his where he liked to let his hair fall nicely over his face. The effect wasn't quite as effective with how long it had gotten, but he rolled with it anyway. He wasn't intending on anything in particular, but she looked cute and he missed just chatting with people. She sounded normal, average, safe. She didn't feel or seem like the sort who'd turn out to be some spy or a violent freak, like most people in his life seemed to be at the moment. Though she did seem a little introverted.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Sat May 21, 2016 9:58 pm

Peering up from under her bangs, Morgan noticed his discomfort in bringing it up and she felt herself smirk a bit. It's not that she enjoyed making him uncomfortable, and she could tell that he was trying. Still, she didn't mind making the conversation a bit difficult for him. She wasn't used to talking to strangers, and it filled her with anxiety and made her want to get up and dart away, but she had to stay where she was and face it like an adult. "Really? You seem pretty social to me." Considering he wouldn't leave her alone. Besides, she was fairly certain he was just saying that to make her feel better, and she needed no sympathy from him. Morgan chose to be a recluse, she accepted it. She didn't need him to pretend to empathise with her.

A bit annoyed, she turned back to her textbook and attempted to read, but it didn't take long for him to speak again. At first she rolled her eyes, but she could hear the compliment in his words, and couldn't prevent her cheeks from flushing again. She looked up and saw the tilt of his head and he really did look pretty, even though she was fairly sure that he was trying, which should make it obnoxious and pretentious and she was even more annoyed because somehow it wasn't. "Spring." Was all she said, and it came out a bit harsher than she intended. She really should try to be nicer.

- character pages -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuman

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Sat May 21, 2016 10:57 pm

He shrugged. He was more social than most, but compared to his past of being a social butterfly, he was practically a hermit living alone in the mountains now. What came to him naturally before seemed to not be as easy, stilted and blocked up like there was a barrier in his head. PTSD was a bitch, and he was like a child getting back onto a bicycle after not riding for years. But even despite her clipped, one word answer, he felt himself relaxing back into a familiar pattern of speaking. After the crazy storm he'd been through, this felt like nothing, she wasn't going for his head after all. "Responsible. Fair. Orderly. That explains why you're doing homework on a day like today." He joked. "The lake looks really pretty now. The weather is just right, and the trees are finally getting their colour back, y'know. Reminds me of home." He sounded the tiniest bit wistful, leaning back, he looked up at the ceiling, looking up at the fan spinning in slow circles from the breeze the window.

He felt more like he was talking to himself at this point, but he didn't mind filling up the silence alone. He appreciated the fact she hadn't kicked him out already to study.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Sat May 21, 2016 11:16 pm

She smiled despite herself, a contrast to her earlier coldness. It was a small smile, but it was a real one and the first that she let slide during the whole conversation. Still, she didn't bother with a response, as he immediately dived into another subject. She didn't want to be interested, she really didn't. But when he talked like that, she could practically see him lost in a memory of home, and it fascinated her. The way he made it sound, it made her wish she could go outside and appreciate the day even more. But she knew that it was a bad idea, and pushed the idea out of her head, turning back to her textbook, with the full intention of studying. There was a long moment of silence between them as he stared at the ceiling, and she stared at the same sentence she had for the last five minutes.

She couldn't get him out of her head. Something about the way he talked about his home made her feel a bit better about being here, distant from the world. It made her miss her old home a bit too. Not the one she had been at before coming to Beata, but when she lived with her mother and father and got to feel what a happy life was like before she burned it all down. So she nudged at the subject. "Australia, right? What was it like?" The redhead asked a bit timidly, totally alien to her previous tone, and she looked at him with a shy gaze as she waited for an answer.

- character pages -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuman

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Sun May 22, 2016 12:50 am

Resigned to holding up the conversation alone, the moment she spoke, he tilted his head to look over at her from where he half laid against the back of the sofa. His face lit up with a kilowatt smile, though he immediately toned it down in an attempt to not scare her off. He sat back up properly, shuffling back to be seat properly before replying to her. "Yep, the accent is bit of a dead give away." Jonathan, as per usual, played up the accent a little, before continuing normally without the obvious Australian drawl. "Clear blue skies, regardless of season, and white sand on clear blue beaches. That's the main things I remember and miss. Nothing beats waking up to searing sunlight soaking you in warmth and heading out for a surf in the crashing waves. And gum trees. There's some in Cali, I've seen them, but not the same without a kookaburra or two laughing at you... Not that Beata's all that bad, just different. And way too cold in winter." He shuddered a little at the memory of the last winter here, the bitter cold that he couldn't escape despite wearing what seemed a thousand layers. He'd worn socks under socks.

"What about you? Miss home at all?" She did look a little, well, not purely white american. Not that it was noticeable, but it was slightly there. He wasn't going to pry too much, but he couldn't deny the curiosity. Being a quarter Korean, he was intimately familiar with being a little mixed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Sun May 22, 2016 1:29 am

It all sounded so different to her. It sounded strange and beautiful, but she enjoyed hearing Jonathan talk about it more than the description itself. He sounded like he was in love with it, and was caught in a happy memory, which she could understand. Some places just brought joy to your heart when you thought of them. For her, it was Brazil. Definitely not Ohio.

When he complained about the winter, she smiled softly. For her, weather was never a problem. In the summer, she was used to the heat, and nothing could beat the temperature of her body. In the winter, she was automatically warm, and didn't feel the bite of the cold the same way everyone else did. The one and only advantage of her power, she found.

When Jonno asked her a question, Morgan blinked in surprise. She hadn't actually expected to talk about home, but after all of his sharing, she did feel a bit more comfortable, and wanted to reminisce about her country the way he had. "Yeah. I miss it." She pulled her sleeves over her hands in a nervous gesture, looking up at the ceiling as she remembered her childhood. "I grew up in a city right in the middle of the Amazon. The rainforest was beautiful. My mom would take me out there and we'd spend hours exploring. The weather was a bit shit, though. Humid and always raining, but the rain made everything so much more vibrant and alive and it was like a living piece of the jungle." She had a faint smile on her face as she spoke and even after she was done, still caught in the memory.

- character pages -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuman

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Sun May 22, 2016 8:58 pm

She looked happy, and at peace when she describe to him her childhood home. A Brazilian city in the heart of the Amazon, that was certainly a unique location, and it seemed wonderful. He'd always been a fan of nature, swimming in the ocean, trekking into the bush, running around on sand dunes, that had been his life before Beata. But he imagined how much better it must have been to share that with someone you love, he'd never been all that close with his family, so his jaunts were more solo or with schoolmates. It sounded nice, a good way to spend time as a family. Though as someone who grew up in an arid, bone-dry country, the humidity did put him off a little.

Subconsciously mirroring her, he sat back and look up at the ceiling, trying to avoid staring at her too much. She just looked so serene, he couldn't help sneak a few looks, but he felt too much like he was intruding on something personal, a private memory. "That sounds beautiful." He commented. "After living in a place like that, Beata must seem plain to you. I know I feel a little out of place here. I don't know what I'd do without Princess."

Princess was his bird, a currawong that he kept, though at times he wondered who really was the owner in their relationship. He let her fly freely around the school, trusting her to do her business and come to roost in his bedroom at night.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Sun May 22, 2016 10:11 pm

It took his voice to shock her out of thought, and she hadn't realized she'd been sitting there smiling like an idiot until she came back to herself. Flushing a little with embarrassment, she almost went back to scowling and pretending to be uninterested, but something made her want to keep talking. She blamed it on the fact that she was talking about Brazil, not on the fact that she was actually enjoying talking to Jonathan. Because she wasn't. She couldn't care less, really.

A bit more timid yet again, she nodded as she looked down at her hands. "It was beautiful." She murmured, before looking up. "I moved to Ohio when my parents divorced, and nothing can be more boring than that. Here's not that bad. Especially considering it's all about magic." She said, shrugging. She actually enjoyed being at Beata, though she treated it like any other school. There was always something interesting going on that she never really participated in, but at least it saved her from boredom.

Morgan couldn't even imagine who Princess could be. A girlfriend? A pet? "Princess?" She asked cautiously, unsure of the answer she'd get.

- character pages -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuman

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Mon May 23, 2016 12:00 am

There conversation so far seemed to be a push and pull, at times, he could see glimpses of something tender and sweet, but Morgan seemed to be making him really work for it. She reminded him of Maisie in a way, but much more straight forward. Also she didn't seem to be lying to him at all, and that, he appreciated. And her story of divorced families, now that rung a bell with him. He couldn't help but like her, this was time well spent, and Jonathan was glad that he'd taken a chance to talk to her. "That sucks, mate. My parents split too, when I was younger. It's never fun." He added sympathetically, though for him, when they'd finally split, it had been more filled with relief that it was finally over. As for the school, he shrugged, there wasn't much to do here, but he supposed that it could be worse.

"My pet bird." He promptly responded to her questioning, laughing a little at her cautious approach. In hindsight, it did sound a little weird if she didn't know that is was the bird's name, kind of sounded like a overly affectionate nickname for a girlfriend. " She a currawong. About this wide and tall." He held out his hands about the width and height of a person's head. "Called that 'cause she's a picky eater."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: a spark {closed}   Mon May 23, 2016 12:54 am

Morgan frowned a bit. So he had been through the same thing as her. It hadn't been fun, having to hear her parents fight nearly every night after everything had been so perfect. It hadn't been fun, having to hold her little sister and cover her ears so she could fall asleep without hearing the family falling apart. Or having to leave the only home she had ever knew, to move to a weird and boring city in America when her english was bad and people either obsessed over her or made fun of her.

For the first time, Morgan almost laughed along with him. She hadn't expected Princess to be a bird, but she supposed that was better than some cringy nickname for a girl. Not that she would have cared if he had a girlfriend. "She sounds lovely. I only have a pet rock." She said, before she could stop herself. After the words came out, she blushed. She hadn't realized how comfortable she'd gotten in the conversation, how she had stopped overthinking everything she said. And now she'd gone and said something embarrassing like that.

- character pages -

Back to top Go down
View user profile

a spark {closed}
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: School Grounds :: Lounge-
Jump to: