HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Headmaster Wright is gathering students together on the Island for a single purpose...
Agrona is moving.
I love you, Pillow ♥
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!

Share | 

They're coming for me.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fish

Beata Bucks : 2585

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:39 am

And before he knew it Juliette's arms were around him, squeezing him tight enough around the chest that he could not move. For a moment he could only sit and accept it without reciprocating, mind blank in a state of utter shock. He wasn't dreaming. This wasn't some sort of nausea-induced hallucination. She was real - He was actually feeling her embrace, and the tears that ran down her cheeks and onto Joseph's shoulder, and her nails lightly scraping his back, and her desperate repeating of his name, and the shaky sobs wracking her body. For the first time in over forty days, a pair of arms were pulling him in him purely for the purpose of expressing affection. For so long, he'd cowered away from human contact because it had only brought him harm and misery, whether it be for a beating, or an inhumane operation, or the injection of lethal viruses, or mental abuse.

It was jarring that now, at this moment, it was for everything but harm and misery.

And then a second later, the Winter's shock inevitably dissolved into a relentless outpouring of emotion, and his arms closed around his cousin's torso to return the hug. She was thinner than she'd been before, but she wasn't dead. She wasn't lost. She wasn't undergoing torture any longer. She was here, and though he knew she wasn't unharmed, she was here.  Joseph wasn't alone anymore, and in turn, Juliette wasn't alone anymore. They were weak. They were traumatised. They would never be the same again after all of the shit they'd been put through, but they were together now in this hell-house. He didn't fight the tears when they came, or the violent trembling of his nerves. Joseph buried his forehead in the crook of of his cousin's neck, raspy, convulsive sobs to match Juliette's own overtaking him, as well.

"I never thought I would see you again." Joseph's voice was barely above a shuddering whisper. His fingertips dug into the bony terrain of Juliette's upper back, as if afraid to let her go. Hell, he was afraid to let her go. It had been so long, and he couldn't bear to let anything or anyone tear them asunder again. "I never thought I would see anyone again. This place, these people, I-I.. I thought they took everything from me. I thought you were gone. I was so scared, Jules.. So scared.. Oh god, I thought you were gone.." His voice failed him as his feelings threatened to choke him. It was a wonder he'd managed to speak at all. Joseph grit his teeth, trying to quiet his throaty weeping, and pressed his head harder into Juliette's shoulder. "I thought you were gone.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Chuman

Beata Bucks : 997

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:28 am

Whispering his name against his neck, Juliette clung to him hard as if she was trying to burrow into his skin, merge them both so that no one could ever part them again. She only silenced her repetitive mumbles when Joseph managed to string together whole sentences, something she wasn’t quite able to do yet, choking sobs strangling any proper thought beyond a desperate cry of relief that he was alive. He was in her arms, warm, tangible though a bit bony that she remembered, however her mind couldn’t help straying to the sight of him lying broken under her spear. That image haunted her even now, though it was clear that whatever she killed, it wasn’t Joseph. That thing had been barely sentient, doing little but growls and snarls.

But the fact it wore his visage had been enough to fool her and left her currently weak to do anything but cling to Joseph, listening to his outpour of words. Neither of them were particularly emotional or touchy-feely people who spouted sentimental words regularly, but this hellish experience seemed to have left whatever verbal shields tattered. Juliette listened to his weak, shuddering voice with pained gasps, digging her nails against his back without realising. At his confession of being afraid, she cried out involuntarily, it physically hurt her to heard him sound so broken. She couldn’t even breathe as images of what he might have endured flashed through her head. For once, her overactive imagination was a bane.

“Joseph… Oh Joseph. I- I saw you die. They made me fight this thing that looked like you. I saw you die. But it wasn’t you, was it? You’re you. You’re alive.” A part of her wanted to keep what she’d done to him a secret, but a bigger part of her needed to confess. “You’re so strong. You wouldn’t die like that. You wouldn’t leave me.” Her voice cracked as she said the last few words, but she struggled on against his nape. “It’s okay now. We’re okay now. No one will take you from me.”

Lifting her head away from where it was buried against him, she pressed her face against his hair, inhaling his natural musk. The usual scent of stale cigarettes had long since faded away but the mental association had her smell phantom scents as she looked through tears at the metal wall behind him. She used the blank silver-grey surface to clear her thoughts, and the warm weight of Joseph to ground her. She wanted to be here like this forever, the two of them pressed against each other and the world around them melting away. But this moment was merely an illusion, guards were waiting out there somewhere.

“We…” She began, trying to get her head to work again. “We need to get out of here. Kaleb, he’s somewhere. We need to get him and get out. No one is coming for us, we have to escape ourselves… Okay...? Do this for me... I won’t let anyone touch you.” As the tears slowly came to stop, a look of terrifying determination overtook her eyes, one that boded ill for anyone who would get between her and her goal. She’d killed Joseph once, never again would she let herself or anyone else hurt him. She couldn’t fuck up again. No, she just couldn’t.

JULΕSCAYDEN  ♥ JONNO Δ KAI ϟ VIENNA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fish

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:15 pm

After weeks upon weeks of lying on cold metal, and feeling cold metal bite into his flesh, and just.. Feeling the chill of this iron prison seep into his soul, this was the warmest he'd been since the start - crouched here, clutching Juliette like she was the last person on earth. Forty days ago, before this had all happened, Joseph had never been an emotional person - at least outwardly. He'd kept everything inside him and suppressed it all with the numbing powers of drugs and alcohol. He'd felt hurt, and sadness, and anger, but never displayed it to anyone - Not to his mother, not to his father, not to his friends, or romantic partners, or other relatives. He'd never wanted anybody's sympathy or comfort, because he'd never felt worthy of it.

Now, the gate inside of him that he'd reinforced so tightly to keep all of his emotions locked up inside of him had met it's breaking point and burst. Joseph wasn't any more worthy of Juliette's sympathy or comfort now than he'd ever been before. He was still worthless, still weak.. But he couldn't do it by himself. He needed to lean on someone, and Juliette was more than willing too hold him and care for him despite what an utter waste of air he was. Right now, she needed somebody to lean on, as well, and Joseph was willing to to the best he could to support the weight of her anguish.

He caught something about a clone.. A clone of him that she'd killed. Normally the idea of a human clone would have been ludicrous to him, but presently, he didn't doubt the sick and twisted intellectual reaches of the surgeon's mind. Joseph has never seen Juliette in such a wreck, anyways.. Something serious had brought her to this sate.

'Strong'. She'd chosen to use the word 'strong' to describe him. Juliette didn't know what she was talking about. She hadn't heard him moaning for hours on end about his death wish.. Crying out in the dark for some god to strike him down, and end his life once and for all.. She wasn't aware of what a fragile person he was internally. Joseph didn't have the heart or the words to correct her, though. That was the last thing she needed to hear right now. He kept holding her tightly until her sobs weakened, turning into dry sniffles, and her crushing grip around his torso loosened. A large part of him wished that they could just sit here for an eternity, but eventually, reality crept back in..

.. Of course, Juliette hadn't just come here to cry into his shoulder. She had not fought off a slew of guards to simply say hello to her cousin.

She was here to escape.

Joseph could feel distant dread begin to well up inside of him as she spoke of getting out, and finding Kaleb, and protecting him from anyone who wanted to hurt him. Escape. Escape would bring on the sickness. The terror. The blinding headaches.

"I.." He slowly released her from his embrace and swallowed hard. He couldn't face the fiery challenge in her eyes, so he looked down at the tiles below his feet. She didn't know what they'd done to him.. The nausea drugs, the violent films, his mindless fits.. "They did something to me. They didn't want me to escape, and I.. Oh, god." His stomach was beginning to turn. He covered his mouth with one hand and gripped his cousin's shoulder with the other like a vice. "I-I can't.. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Chuman

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:22 pm

As he released her from the death clutch that have been their hug, Juliette look of hard determination was replaced with confusion. He wasn’t meeting her eyes, looking down at the tiles for words to say something to her, which she had a hunch weren’t going to be pleasant. She couldn’t imagine what would be wrong, if Joseph was tired, she would fight for him. Her stomach was full of that… She had enough energy mixed with desperation to take care of the guards and then some if she had to. But it was never that simple here.

He didn’t need to finish; she could guess what they’d done. She’d been spared from too much psychological torture; they’d focused more on bodily torturing her for their sick experiments. She wasn’t as foolish as to think something simple minded like psychological torture could be overcome with ease, but they couldn’t stay either. Their window of escape was so small, a sliver that was closer to shutting with every second they wasted here on his cot. Just seeing the physical reactions Joseph was having and hearing the panic in his voice, Juliette almost wanted to give up, could they really reach Kaleb in time when she was weak and Joseph looked like he’d rather walk over hot coals than leave?

But deep down she knew that Joseph didn’t want to stay. This reaction, it wasn’t how Joseph really felt. He’d said it himself, they’d changed him to feel like this about leaving. So Juliette pried his hand from her shoulder with as much care as she could offer considering how hard he’d gripped her.

Keeping his hand in hers, she squeezed it firmly before sinking down to her knees to look up at him. There was a brief trill of rolling disgust and self-hatred that rolled through her as her mind flashed back to the last time she was on her knees, but she ruthlessly shoved that down. Now wasn’t the time for her issues, she’d deal with them later. “Joseph? We can do this. Trust me. I’ll get us through this. All you have to do is hold my hand and not let go. Okay?”

Her free hand, she placed on his chest feeling his heartbeat and how he was breathing. It was a point of contact for Joseph’s comfort but also for her to feel that he was alive. As long as he was alive, and she was alive, there was nothing she couldn’t do. Juliette gave herself a minute of silence, listening to Joseph’s shaky breaths and for any footsteps outside. There was no noise from outside the door.

It was time.

Not letting go of his hand, Juliette got up, tucking the baton into her waistband and picking up the taser off the ground. That, along with the knife strapped against her leg was all she had. It wasn’t much, but it had to do.

“Ready?” She asked Joseph rather futilely. Neither of them would ever be ready for this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fish

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:11 pm

He figured Juliette would be confused, but for a few moments, she didn't say anything. Joseph just continued to stare at the ground, his heart pounding erratically in his chest like a marching band drum. He couldn't do it. He couldn't. They'd fucked his mind beyond repair. The mere thought of stepping outside his door against the will of the surgeon and the guards was enough to bring on a wave of paranoia. He couldn't even begin to imagine what would happen if he actually did so, and frankly, he didn't want to know. If it was anything like the crippling, vomit-inducing illness and blinding anxiety that he'd suffered through while strapped to the chair, Joseph wanted to stay as far away from it as possible. He'd felt pathetic the entire time he'd been trapped in this place, but never so much as now - cowering away from the confidence in his cousin's eyes. The inner fire he did not possess. She was damaged too, and he had no doubt that she had faced horrors just as nightmare-inducing - if not worse - as Joseph had, but the difference was that she still has strength. She could still pull through for the people she loved, even if it meant harm for her.

The Winter couldn't do it. He couldn't escape. He was a coward.

As tremors began running along the nerves of Joseph's torso, Juliette squeezed his hand and placed the other on his chest, and immediately, something changed inside of him. Something about this - feeling the soft pads of her fingers laid out over his thumping heart, and hearing her soft words of encouragement - made him realise something amongst the hazy terror that was slowly building inside of his head. Thought it betrayed his psychological conditioning, Joseph knew, deep within him, that didn't want to be here. He hated this place. He hated these people. They'd broken him, and they'd caused pain for the people he held most dear to his heart. They'd made him their guinea pig. Joseph wanted to leave with Jules and Kaleb, and leave this all behind him.

Slowly, the prefect raised his head to gaze up at his cousin's now-standing form. He wasn't ready. He was terrified - mostly of sickening feelings bubbling up relentlessly inside of him, but also for Juliette. He believed that she would do whatever she could to get him out, and find her brother, and that scared Joseph. He didn't want to see her hurt herself for him, but he knew he wouldn't be able to stop her. . Besides, it wasn't like he'd be able to leave by himself. He already felt like he was going to keel over.

Joseph returned the hold that Juliette had on his hand and gradually pulled himself up onto his feet. His throat was tight with fear and emotion, and his hand was slick with nervous perspiration already. "I won't let go."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Chuman

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:10 pm

Squeezing his hand, Juliette weakly smiled before tugging him outside the wide, open cell door. If he showed any resistance, she forced him through it with the knowledge that Joseph didn’t want to be here either. They’d fucked him up and left him raw like this for their own gains. She’d been lucky, or perhaps they had something else planned for her than required her mind to be intact. She didn’t bother try to understand them, they weren’t human anymore in her eyes. She couldn’t empathise with them, monsters wrapped in human flesh, there was no life in their eyes. She’d seen corpses with more compassion.

Not the ones that laid on the floor outside Joseph’s cell door. They were broken mangled monsters as well in her eyes, things that needed to be killed for the greater good. Their dark bodies littered the floor, most of them in similar positions, clutching wounds that had large pools of blood circling it. Blood loss was a frightening thing, a human’s strong and steady heartbeat could easily be their demise. These guards learnt their lessons too well.

Her bare feet squelched as she dragged her feet through the blood, pulling alongside her cousin. The sound was nice weirdly enough, mainly because it wasn’t hers. For once, it wasn’t her being torn up for some cause she couldn’t understand. Perhaps that was messed up, maybe she was just as monstrous as them now, but she couldn’t dwell on it. She didn’t have the time, Kaleb was out there, and she had to find the Surgeon’s office. On his dying breath, the guard confessed alongside Joseph’s location, where the Surgeon’s office was.

At first, she was attempted to go there first, to rip that woman in half. To slice her from hip to hip and dig her nails into her organs like she’d done to her. Only love for Kaleb had stopped her, revenge would be worth nothing if she was stuck here. Monsters were a dime a dozen, there would always be a Surgeon to replace her. But fate was kind to her, she’d found Joseph alive instead and she didn’t know where Kaleb was.

It was time to meet the Surgeon, and Juliette was looking forward to their meeting.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fish

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:14 am

Joseph felt light-headed as Juliette tugged him out of his cell.

Guards weren't forcing him out. He wasn't getting shocked by a taser, or kicked, or thrown. He was exiting his place of confinement on his own volition.. Well, sort of. Juliette was dragging him behind her like a bewildered child in a super market, but his legs were moving. This escape was a conscious effort on Joseph's part. Every single fibre of his mind was screaming at the remainder of his body to stop Jules and scuttle back hurriedly to his cell - the safe zone, thee place where no blood was spilled, and it was quiet and still - like the good little lab rat the surgeon had trained Joseph to be.

Go back. Obey. Go back. Obey. Go back. Obey. Go back.

Despite the sickening fear and regret ringing in the back of his mind, Joseph kept trudging onward. He didn't know what exactly was keeping him going. Perhaps Juliette's determination was infectious, and had leaked into him somehow.. Although he certainly didn't feel that way. His vision was a blurry mess as they raced along - a smeared canvas of greys, whites, and the occasional smudge of scarlet. Bodies littered the ground every couple of steps, cold, pale hands clutching gaping holes in their torsos. Jules' work. Joseph couldn't even look at the fallen guardsmen, never mind add to the graveyard that Juliette had created. He kept his eyes peeled firmly to the back of his cousin's head as to keep them out of sight. What he could not avoid, however, was the smell, and the feel of the warm, dark liquid on the floor. The metallic musk of freshly-spilled blood filled his nostrils, and every time his feet met the ground to take another step, there was a disgusting squelching sound.

It was just warm water. It was just warm water.

Joseph's grip on Juliette's hand tightened even further. He couldn't be sick. He couldn't give up. He couldn't let go. They needed to find Kaleb. They needed to go home. He needed to see his mother, and father, and uncle Andrew, and Kyou again. He needed to feel the cool autumn wind on his face, and watch the grass in the meadow next to Rosebury sway, and ride the high of heroin, and feel the fire of alcohol in his throat. Joseph couldn't do this by himself, but he had Juliette now, so he didn't have to. All he needed to do was follow her lead and keep hold of her hand, and with every step, their dreams of seeing the world again became all the more realistic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Chuman

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:42 pm

"Find her before the Doctor finds out. You know how particular he is about J subjects and their welfare. Your camaraderie may cost you your lives if he hears of what you lot did." Juliette froze mid-step both out of necessity and pure, muscle freezing fear that shot through her at the sound of the Surgeon's voice. Her mind blanked out of instinct, preparing for the slice of a blade before her rational conscious brought her back to reality. She focused on the little things, the warm of Joseph's sweaty palms, the slickness of the blood between her toes and the coldness of the steel that was pressed against her back. Without even realising it, she'd forced Joseph to duck against the corridor walls as well at the faint hiss of the automated doors the premeditated the Surgeon's nightmare-inducing voice. "...Deploy squad three to the basement, squad two can check the cells, as for squad 3, I don't know. Just scan the hallways."

There was a brief moment of concern that all three squads laid just a few metres from them, but the click of a phone told her otherwise. Perhaps this was God giving them a break after all the shit he'd put them through. The stomping of boots said that there were a few guards, but that she could take. Joseph was the only problem, he looked like he was going to throw up just by being here. Fuck. She didn't know what to do, would dragging him into the fight make it worse, or would leaving him behind make it worse. She didn't know what to do, they didn't cover 'what to do when your cousin has been psychologically tortured' in science or physical education.

"Joseph," she whispered turning her head to face his. "Close your eyes for me."

It was the best she could do in this moment. She couldn't leave him behind, no, she'd promised to hold onto him and never let go. Maybe it was stupid to cling to something so minor like that, but despite this avenger front that she was holding up, her insides were still crawling from the human flesh she'd eaten, doubts soared through her about her capabilities. She was still afraid of meeting Kaleb as the person she was now, and sometimes, she felt like death would be easier. The truth was, she was weak and she need him as well.

It was pathetic, she was pathetic.

Why the fuck was she trying to rescue everyone? She was so pathetic.

'Enough. Moment of pity over.' She told herself in no uncertain terms, as she smiled reassuring to Joseph before nodding for him to close his eyes. Her free hand dropped to the blood coated knife tucked against her belt, gripping the handle tightly as she poised to jump them. Three seconds, and she'd jump them.

Her grip tightened on Joseph's hand.

She'd go for their throats.

The Surgeon wasn't getting out of this alive.

Now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fish

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:36 am

Joseph stared at Juliette for a moment, the reality of what was just about to come sinking in, and then he shut his eyes. He was immediately tugged forward. There was a couple of alarmed shouts, a furious battle cry out of Jules herself, a flurry of footsteps, and then Joseph was enveloped in a dizzying madness. Juliette pulled him abruptly this way and that - up, down, left and right - as she carried out her assault on the guards.

There was a scream, and then a wet gurgling sound. And then another. And another.

Joseph turned his head downward as the fighting commenced, squeezing his eyelids shut tight enough to see tiny stars. He had to think of something - or somewhere - pleasant if he was going to get through this. If he thought too much about the scene unfolding in front of him, or opened his eyes even the tiniest amount, he and Juled both knew he wouldn't be able to go on any further.. He wasn't being dragged around, wading in blood, while Juliette tore the throats of unsuspecting men out. He was in his place of solace, with all of the things he loved the most. He wasn't escaping a sick and twisted human experimentation laboratory, he was relaxing in the cool evening air, alone, and without a care in the world. Jules was not currently putting her safety at risk for him, she was safe, and happy, and somewhere else.. Not here, killing people, and helping him escape..

No.

Flowers tickling his legs. A pale blue, morning sky. The smell of the earth. A half-burnt cigarette between his index and middle fingers. A bottle of Jack Daniel's at his side. Concerned phone calls from his mother. Kyou's nervous banter. Good thoughts.. Fantasies, but good thoughts. If anyone, he had to keep it together for Juliette and Kaleb. He knew Juliette wouldn't leave without him, so the more of a hindrance he was, the slower she would go, and ultimately, get herself and Kaleb out.

And then, a moment later, everything went silent again, save for the ragged breathing of Juliette. Both of their hands were coated in sweat. Joseph kept perfectly still. It was over. She'd killed them all - Sliced their throats with a stolen knife. Just like that, all of Joseph's light-hearted thoughts melted away into a scarlet puddle. He hadn't even taken a good look around, but didn't need to see to know what the area around him looked like. He knew. Violence was heavy in the air. There was a circle of bodies around Joseph, bleeding from ugly lacerations in their necks.. Dead, glossy eyes stretched wide in horror at the prospect of meeting their maker.

Death. Violence. Escape. Defiance. Death. Death. Death. Death.

Joseph broke away from her and threw up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Chuman

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:22 am

The bodies fell like flies, buzzing flies that left a resounding silence that unnerved her when she was done. The only thing that could be heard was her harsh pants and the faint whimpers from Joseph, the Surgeon looked emotionlessly at them as though she was unimpressed and unafraid. She always looked in control, for a split second Juliette wondered maybe she really was in control. The doubt was natural, her weeks, months spent here had taught her thoroughly that she was a child when it came to many things. Her invincibility was nothing but the delusions of a child, and her intelligence or training? They were laughable, sheer numbers could overwhelm her easily. Her morals? They were in tatters now, kill or be killed.

The girl who left Rosebury with her brother and cousin was a completely different person. She doubted that girl would even recognise her, covered in the blood of others and hunger sated with human flesh. That girl threw up at the sight of gore, she was a gory sight now. More fluids covered her than she could identify.

Doubt, paranoia, that was intelligent.

Was this what veterans of war felt? Nothing could be trusted, not even her instincts.

“You can open your eyes now, just don’t look down.” Juliette whispered, still posed to strike as she stood before the exit and watched the Surgeon warily. A spitting image of a mangy stray dog as she lingered outside before stepping over the corpses to approach.

This close to her, Juliette got a good look at her for the first time without surgical lights blinding her. She was smaller than she expected, only a few centimetres taller than her, and that height difference could easily be passed off as the heels she wore. Short, above shoulder length dirty blonde hair, brown eyes and a dark red lipstick that added a feminine touch to her stern appearance. If she passed her in the streets, Juliette doubted that she would have even noticed her. She looked too human, not that Juliette had deluded herself into thinking that monstrous people had to look like Disney villains but it felt wrong to threaten her.

Even after all that she did, the Surgeon had not a weapon on her. Without the manacles and the scalpels, she was weaker than them by far.

But she didn’t manage to survive this far by holding onto such reservations for long. Without even jerking Joseph’s arm, Juliette kicked the Surgeon square in the chest, slamming her back against the table’s edge hard enough that the wood squeaked against the metal floor. She followed up by briefly letting go of Joseph’s hand to pin the Surgeon against the wooden desk, knife pressed against her throat before she could do something silly like call for help. Juliette barely resisted the urge to just end it anyway, press the blade harder so that her skin broke and wells of blood pooled. It would have been satisfying but she needed her alive, for now.

“Kaleb. Where is he?” Her words came out more a growl than a coherent sentence.

For a second, the Surgeon frowned. “Oh, you don’t know.” She raised a patronising hand to rest against Juliette’s face, as if unafraid of the knife. Jules didn’t know how to response to that, freezing up where she sat holding down the Surgeon. “Only Doctor Ikari knows where Kaleb is. And you won’t be seeing him today.”

“What? Why? Tell me!”
She pressed the knife harder so that the Surgeon’s skin broke slightly with every subtle movement, but so focused on getting her answers, Juliette didn’t notice the Surgeon’s other hand reaching into her labcoat.

Thousands of questions were flying within her head. What was the Surgeon implying? Where was Kaleb? What did she mean by, ‘You don’t know’? Was Kaleb dead? What did they do to him?

‘Bang!’

A gunshot ended her questions. The bullet when through her head, clearing up all that doubt with inky blackness as she fell onto the Surgeon in an unconscious slump. Brain matter splattered the walls, blood dribbled down in rivers.

With a light push, the Surgeon forced Juliette off her body, letting her sprawl unsightly into a heap on the ground. Her body was still twitching as it slowly tried to recover from the wound, but by then, the Surgeon trusted the guards would be here already.

Taking off her stained coat, she draped it over the table, before turning to face Joseph calmly. “J1, I trust you won’t do anything foolish like J2. If you’re good, I’ll let you go back to your cell without punishment.” And as if she fully trusted that he wouldn’t strike, she turned her back on him to press the hidden button under her desk that would summon the guards here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fish

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:03 pm

Juliette's words had gone in one of Joseph's ears and straight out the other. Acidic liquid coated the inside of his mouth and throat, and a hundred, panicked sirens were going off incessantly in his head. He sunk to his knees as his legs went numb, the final, disgusted wretch having sapped every last smidgen of energy out of his limbs. He raised his hands so he was clutching his face, fingernails biting into the blood-spattered skin of his face.

There she was, statuesque and rigid, her dark, ruddy lipstick popping out against her white coat and light-bathed face. It was the same colour as the blood that was slowly creeping towards her, trickling out of the slashed throats of her subordinates. There was an emptiness in the Winter's stomach as he stared up at her, but he couldn't adequately pint-point what it was, exactly. Was he afraid of her? Was he horrified that she'd found them? Perhaps he was relieved to see her again, in some twisted sense. She'd broken him in - fixed him. He was her's.

Joseph didn't know what he was feeling. The gears weren't turning in his mind. All he could do was watch her expression blankly as sweat poured liberally down his neck, a shaky breath escaping him every so often, breaking the stale silence.

And then Jules lunged at her, planting her foot squarely into the surgeon's chest and knocking her backwards. Joseph's breathing quickened. A fresh, overwhelming wave of panic swept over him. One of his hands shot out. "Jules.. Jules, wait, stop it.. Please, I-I--" His words caught in his throat as his cousin held her blade to the surgeon's neck. Her eyes were blazing with a hungry fury, like a feral cat within a hair's breadth from catching its prey. Feelings were warring inside of Joseph as he watched her hiss into their captor's face. If he'd had anything left in his stomach to vomit back up, he would have.

It was like being drawn and quartered mentally. Juliette and the surgeon's lips were moving, but he couldn't distinguish what they were saying. It was all muddled garble - meaningless, shapeless, babbling.

They needed to get out. They needed to save Kaleb, and they needed to get out. Joseph knew that. He wanted this to end - For him, for Juliette, and for Kaleb. He had done nothing but suffer while he'd been here. Burning. Freezing. Bleeding. Screaming. That was all he'd known for so long, and yet, he still found part of himself wanting to dive back into his cell and obey. He was the surgeon's pet. She had trained him to listen to her, and only her. They'd beaten it into his head to the point where he could no longer pry it out of him - This was his place of being. He was condemned to this prison. They'd made him accept it. Nothing outside was real, there was only this.. The cold iron cell, the agony, the hours spent sitting in a corner waiting for a death that would never come. His heart wanted to go back to his cigarettes, his alcohol, his mother, his father, his friends, his real home - But his mind was telling him that this was home, now.

Unable to fight the unwanted thoughts away, Joseph could feel the urge to pull Juliette away from the surgeon rising. It was disgusting, and completely against everything he'd wanted for the months upon months he'd spent as a plaything, but there was no stopping it..

.. However, before he could move an inch, the surgeon pulled out a gun and ran a bullet through Juliette's skull.

A hundred tiny, fleshy pieces of his beloved cousin hit Joseph's face.

The surgeon's voice cut through the air like a blade. She'd trained him not to disobey her. Not to do anything foolish. He was her boy; a good boy. Good boy. Good boy. Good boy. Good boy. Good boy. Good boy. Good boy.

Silence.

Something stirred inside of Joseph at that moment. The longer he sat there, gaping up at the surgeon with the skin, brain matter, and blood of Juliette - his friend, his cousin, a woman he'd give his life for -  sticking to his cheeks and forehead, the clearer things suddenly started to become. The clouds in his subconscious parted just long enough for him to spit one, solitary word out. A defiant word.. A word he hadn't said and meant for a long time.

"No."

And suddenly, Joseph ignited with energy, a hoarse, pained scream rising out of his throat and reverberating around the metal hallways. One second, he was reaching for the knife lying next to Juliette's quivering body, and the next, he was throwing the surgeon to the ground and plunging it into her eye. He knew she was dead after the first stab, but he kept going. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. His hand kept rising and falling, each jab disfiguring the surgeon more and more. Joseph's vision was red. Not once did he stop screaming. He could take a hundred bullets to the head and feel no anger towards the one who did it. He wanted to die. He was worthless. He deserved any pain that came his way, but no one hurt Jules. No one. This woman would pay dearly for what she'd just done.

Finally, as his throat began to run raw, Joseph's movements slowed. He felt the abrupt rush of energy fade out of him, and then finally came to a stop. The woman below him wasn't the surgeon anymore. She was a faceless corpse, just like all of the guards surrounding her. Joseph had made sure to make everything distinguishable about her disappear. The image that had haunted his nightmares for so long was gone.

Joseph dropped the knife.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Chuman

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:17 pm

Waking up was a slow process.

Like an old computer rebooting after being forcefully shut down, Juliette regain consciousness in snippets, no stimuli making much sense as her higher brain functions weren’t online yet. Everything felt familiar, the wetness of her hair, the soreness in her head and the coldness against her back. They all formed together a collage of sensations that vaguely made her feel afraid, concerned. Though in that moment, nothing really made much sense so she put it off.

The light above it, it was so bright.

Her cell had a light, though not after how she tried to stab a guard with a shard of broken plastic. One day she’d returned from an experiment to find it gone, as if it had never been there in the first place. But that was her life these days, things disappearing on her and leave her feeling hollow without it. Her organs, her mind and her individuality were all taken. Her family too…

Family.

Kaleb.

Joseph.

J O S E P H.

Juliette shot up quickly, her head buzzing with pain that left her feeling weak and curling over to bury her face in her knees. Face pressed against the skin of her legs, she whispered through the pain, “Joseph?”

There was no reply.

Digging her nails into her thighs, she forced her head out of the safety net against herself, letting the bright artificial light sear her eyes as she looked around. The sight was worse than the smell, at least the blood all mingled together in a metallic scent that was indistinguishable from body to body. Looking at them in a well-lit room at eye level, Juliette could see every feature down to the jagged way their throats were torn and the puncture marks on the Surgeon’s face. There was a hollow where her eye used to be, viscous gelatine-like fluid dripping from the socket in a slow, slime trail. Perhaps the right thing would have been to feel disgusted, wretch at the sight, but all she felt was satisfaction. A sense of completeness at her tormentor’s death. There was something poetic that she was killed by Joseph, the one that she’d mentally destroyed in her attempts that control him. She’d underestimated him, she’d underestimated them both. They would both go to hell and back for family.

She shouldn’t have messed with them.

Crawling on her knees, Juliette went up to hug Joseph from the side. Her cousin was splattered with bits of bones, flesh and blood but that was nothing compared to some of the stuff that was on her. She pocketed the knife on the ground as she squeezed him lightly in her embrace to whisper in his ear over and over again. “Thank you, you did so well. You’re amazing. You save us. Shhh. You save us.” She said it as she inhaled the faint scent that she associated with Joseph, using it to cleanse herself of everything else and focus on him. She needed her mind clear as they went ahead, but she wasn’t the only one in need of a breather. Joseph was her everything now, and with Kaleb’s fate ambiguous under Doctor Ikari’s care, she need him fine.

“Stay here, I’m going to search the desk.” She gave a weak smile as she got up onto her feet, wobbling side to side like a seesaw. Steadying herself against the wooden desk, she accidentally jammed her hips into the corner of the table, earning a pained hiss as she slowly opened one of the many drawers. There were files upon files in there. Their names were repeated over and over, their genetic code break down, life history, everything. They knew things that she didn’t even know about herself, hidden abilities apparently waiting to be unlocked. It was like reading an information report of national geographic, all laid out in plain text for anyone to absorb and understand. And his name came up again and again. Doctor Gendo Ikari. His signature approved their capture. His form had requested their capture. He was behind their pain, the Surgeon was just the tool. Joseph had done so well to kill the Surgeon, she’d do him a favour and kill the man who’d brought them here in the first place. Looking up from her files to look into Joseph’s eyes, she silently swore to avenge them all.

As for the map, it was on the bottom drawer, below the stationary. Trailing a line of blood, she searched for the familiar name, Gendo Ikari till she spotted it. It wasn’t that far, just a level up from them and she could have sworn that she’d seen a fire escape that they could use on the way here.

So the plan was simple, go upstairs, take Joseph with, and find Dr Ikari. Then kill him.

Natural, it didn’t unfold like that at all.

There was more fighting, more bruises, more dead guards. The stairs were covered in blood as though it was an abattoir. She was missing a few fingers and her head rung like a church bell every time she took a step up, but Joseph was safe. It was a price she was willing to pay. Weakly smile at the cousin whom she was pretty much dragging along, they inched their way to their destination. Till they finally stood outside a polished steel door. It looked out of place with its hinges and keyhole. And upon the door, there was his name printed carefully.

Dr. Gendo Ikari MD

A break from all those monotonous automatic doors with keypads. It was unsettling, though the slowly burning fire of hatred was hot enough within her to chase away the jitters. If anything happened, she’d stop it. She’d kill anyone who got between her and her prey. The Doctor was hers to kill.

“Ready?” She asked Joseph, stalling for a second before she did it. This was the end of their journey. After this, they’d find Kaleb and be out of here. Juliette squeezed Joseph’s hand before pointing the gun at the door. She fired through the knob, a crack of steel reverberating through the hallway. The door shuddered and opened ajar, but that wasn’t what caught her attention. There was the sound of paper rustling, of a chair being rolled back. He was in there.

They’d finally meet the one who had orchestrated all this.

“Doctor Ikari, J1 and J2 are here to see you.”
Juliette began mocking, kicking the door open. But then she saw his face, freezing completely with her eyes wide open.

“K- Kaleb? What are you…?”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fish

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:05 pm

Joseph should have felt some sort of catharsis as he stared down at the mess he'd made of the woman who'd chained Jules and him up for several months, but he only got the same emptiness that he'd been feeling before killing her. The same emptiness he'd been feeling for a long time. He didn't even register the sound of Juliette's voice when she'd finally healed enough to move once more, or reciprocate her embrace. He wanted to be glad to hear her speak again, but the shock of what he'd just done had simply numbed out everything - even his crippling fear of violence and gore was just a distant buzz in the back of his head.

There was just nothing. No disgust. No terror. No triumph. The surgeon had been an evil, deplorable person who deserved to die more than anything, but still a person. He'd ended a life - stolen decades away from somebody as if he, of all people, had the right to do so. Joseph, who'd been chopped into pieces like like a fucking steak dinner and survived, had taken the life of an average, vulnerable human being who could have died from something as simple as an infected cut. He couldn't make out any of the details of her face - it was all just a bloody, fleshy mass of red. He'd not only killed her, but erased that which had made her most identifiable.

Something occurred to Joseph then, as Juliette left his side to sift through all of the documents stored in the desk standing behind him.

If they made it out today - if they managed to find Kaleb, and if three traumatized, malnourished young people could fight their way through a squadron of guards - how would they just jump back into a normal life? They'd been locked away in a torture facility for what felt like an eternity, by now, and after this.. What? They'd waltz into the academy and continue where they'd left off before being captured? Joseph would just go right back to attending classes, and and drinking with friends, and taking evening walks after seeing all the shit he'd seen? Coping with depression had already been hard enough. Wanting to die and being unable to had already been a load on his shoulders, but now, if he and his cousins all walked out of this place, he'd have to live with having committed murder..? And being gutted? And being isolated for days on end in a dark cell, suffering through a constant state of crippling paranoia?

How the fuck was he supposed to go on?

Before he could give it any more thought, Juliette was grabbing him again, and tugging him hurriedly out the door. Joseph swallowed his musings, instead choosing to focus as best as he could on not tripping over one of his own feet. Now was no time to dwell selfishly on himself. He had to go on for Juliette, and in extension, Kaleb. Seeing the desperation in Jules' eyes, and movements, and catching her occasional, somber smiles directed at him told him that she wasn't ready to give up yet. Even as Joseph served as no more than a cumbersome drag-along to her, she still went on, determined to free the people she loved despite how broken she was herself. That was, perhaps, the only thing keeping the prefect from letting go of her hand.

Just for you and Kaleb. Not for me. Only you.

By the time they came to a halt in front of a locked door, a fresh coat of blood and grit covered them head-to-toe. Vaguely, as he'd staggered behind Juliette in a trance-like state on their way up here, he'd heard her growl something about "the man in charge". He supposed that behind this door - which was very inconsistent with the rest of the facility - was the individual she'd spoken of. By the look on Juliette's face, he could tell that they would not walk out of this door without even more fresh blood on their hands. When Jules asked him if he was ready, he only managed to glance briefly up at her, looking back down almost immediately, and then gave a tiny nod. Every nerve in his body jolted when she shot the lock on the door.

Scathing words rolled off of Juliette's tongue as they stepped inside, but they were cut short. She and Joseph both froze immediately as they took in the sight of the man at the desk. Joseph knew that face. He knew those eyes..

.. Kaleb?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Chuman

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:51 pm

Juliette’s brain was abuzz with thousands of questions, but the sight of his familiar face cut through them like a hot knife through butter, leaving only overwhelming relief. She didn’t think twice as she crossed over the threshold, running over to Kaleb, who was carefully come around the table towards the pair. It didn’t need to make sense why Kaleb was here, she was just glad to see him safe and whole.

“Kaleb! Kaleb! Kaleb!”
Juliette all but shouted whilst wrapped tightly around him. Her whole body was pressed against his, her blood staining his crisp blue shirt and black slacks slick. He didn’t seem to be bothered though, even when she accidentally knocked his glasses out of whack. But he was stiff as a rock, probably shock, she passed it off as. “A- are you okay? Did they…. Did they do anything to you too?” Grasping his arms with her stained hands, she took a step back to look all over him. She scanned him from head to toe, looking for any wounds or signs of mistreatment to find nothing. But she wasn’t satisfied yet, not after seeing what they did to Joseph’s mind. The Surgeon was sinister, always doing the unexpected, and the mysterious Doctor, who knew how terrible the one behind the monster was.

“You can tell us Kaleb. I’ll protect us. I won’t let anyone hurt us again. We can get out of he-“

“Juliette.” He stopped her mid speech. Taking a step back to lean against the wooden table, he drew a hand to the bridge of his nose to pinch it as if he was warding away a migraine. “It’s not that easy, Juliette. Joseph, you know that it’s not that easy, tell her. It’ll be better for the two of you if you go back to your cells now. They won't keep you here forever. You'll be home soon, just be patient.” He placed a hand gently under her chin, looking down with a gaze filled with something akin to guilt twisted with a darkness that she’d never seen in his gaze before. What had they done to him? It had to be the Doctor. That’s why he was here. Her heart broke at how they’d morphed her loving, caring brother into this. He was a student of medicine, someone sworn to heal the ill and they’d made him a shell of the man he used to be. It was disgusting, and she swore to take down the Doctor when she saw him, for everything he’d ever done.

“Kaleb. No. We’re getting out of here now. I can do this, believe in me. I’ll keep us safe. The Doctor won’t stop us, he can’t hurt any of us anymore.” She gripped the wrist of his hands that touched her cheek now, lowering it to hold it in both hands and twist it to form the other half of a pinky promise before she matched his. She understood that he had to be worried sick, and like Joseph, he was probably under severe mental stress from whatever they did to him. It was up to her to rescue them now, free them from this hell and she was willing to take on this burden. Anything for family. Curling her pinky around his and pressing their thumbs together, she looked him in the eye and spoke, “I pinky prom-“

“Doctor Ikari! The J1 and J2 have been spotted on this lev-“ The autumn flinched, but was quick to step between Kaleb and the guard. She brought her knife up, ready to toss it if necessary to incapacitate them. As the guard brought up his firearm to aim, Juliette hissed at Joseph and Kaleb, “Get ready to duck.” She was going to throw her blade, but all it would take was one squeeze of the trigger by the guard in his death throes to kill Kaleb or possibly incapacitate Joseph further. She’d eaten her fill of… things. She was the best candidate to take a bullet.

The guard began to shouted his orders again, as a squadron formed behind him. Men and women all in black tactical gear, with helmets that obscured their faces and guns pointed straight at them. Juliette got ready, bracing herself but her composure was quickly lost at his words.

“Step away from the Doctor, J2 or I will shoot J1.”

Doctor? There was no Doctor here. Her heart started to feel funny, picking up the pace as if she was about to have a panic attack. Her ears felt hot with the flushing blood running through her quickly. Why did she feel like this? Everything was fine.

The Doctor wasn’t here.

They were making a mistake.

Everything was fine.

She’d kill the guards like before and the three of them would escape.

But he had to talk. He had to break the thin illusion that she was maintaining.

Kaleb placed a hand on her shoulder, the same one that she’d promised his protection to. The same one that she promised that she’d kill the Doctor too. Then with the same disgustingly gentle voice filled with a light disarming mirth, he spoke to them. He spoke to the guards casually as if he worked with them every day. Each word ripping her world apart, tearing at her in ways that not even the Surgeon had managed to do. This was far more painful, far worse than what she’d endured under the Surgeon. Physical pain would have been a blessed relief.

“Everything is fine, Captain. Take your squadron and secure the level instead. I can take care of this.”

“But sir!”

“Leave, that’s an order.”

When the sound of marching boots faded away, only then did Juliette drop her knife, her knees following suit and hitting the floors seconds after. She didn’t have anything to say now, looking hollowly at the door that had the name, Doctor Gendo Ikari printed in black.

Gendo Ikari.

That was the name of the scientist in that anime from the nineties that Kaleb liked.

She should have known.

Last edited by Count Roocula on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fish

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:49 pm

For a moment - one precious heartbeat - Joseph felt just like Juliette.

Though totally shell-shocked by the sudden appearance, relief flooded Joseph's systems like a cooling bout of spring water. There he was. There was Kaleb, Juliette's dearest brother, Joseph's beloved elder cousin, and the third victim of the cruel experimentation of the one who turned the wheels in this sick facility. Memories of their past filled Joseph's mind, and most of all, their escape was now only a few steps away. Just a little longer. Just a few more kills. Just another hallway or two. The trio was back together again, and as much as Joseph dreaded having to live a life with the trauma that he'd developed as a result of being trapped here, he felt an overwhelming, crushing sense of familial love that they were together once more..

.. But the second Kaleb's eyes locked with Joseph's, it all turned to grey again.

He wished he wasn't so perceptive. He wished that Kaleb had never opened his mouth. He wished that he'd never met his eyes. He wished that Juliette had never taken him up here, so they would have never seen each other face-to-face ever again. All at once, with a string of words and one, single glance, all of the relief and joy that had filled the pit in Joseph's stomach withered away like a flower in a drought, and then mutated into a toxic swamp of dread. It felt as if ice were flowing through his veins, freezing him perfectly in place as he watched Juliette fail to see what was really going on. It physically hurt to watch - to see her beg him to leave with them, and to allow her love for her brother blind her like this. Joseph felt like doubling over as the dread sunk into every facet of his being, but he remained in place, feeling very much as if he had turned to stone.

Every childhood memory he'd shared with Kaleb instantaneously shattered into a million pieces. Mourning the death of his parents alongside him, playing catch with him, going exploring with him, using him as a mathematics tutor, going driving with him - It was totally meaningless now. All of those hours spent together had been wasted.

All because of one look.

Even as the guards poured into the room, shouting and pointing guns, Joseph didn't take his eyes off of Kaleb. The threat of being shot in the head again didn't phase him in the slightest - it was as if the guards weren't even there. Joseph could hear a desperate denial in Juliette's voice that she herself hadn't even picked up on yet. The scene unfolding before him undoubtedly took the cake for being the saddest thing Joseph had witnessed in all eighteen years of his dismal life. Love truly was destructive.

It wasn't until the guards had exited the room that Juliette truly realized what was going on. Her knife, which she'd held with such fierce determination only a few minutes ago, dropped to the floor and clattered noisily on the tiles, and she dropped down onto her knees, unable to bear the weight of the revelation.

And then, though he remained perfectly still and expressionless, Joseph's stiff voice broke the silence of the room like a hammer to a glass pane.

"Why?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

They're coming for me.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: Off-School Grounds :: Rosebury-
Jump to: