HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
The Summer Tournament has begun! Head on over to the Island and cheer for your favorites!
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Share | 

They're coming for me.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pikachu

Beata Bucks : 1482

PostSubject: They're coming for me.   Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:50 pm

On the edges of the town, a lone figure stood outside admiring the mountains off the in distance. He looked out wistfully, his hands clenching and unclenching as he watched faint whispers of clouds pass by in the dark sky littered with stars. His shoulders slumped, there was a sadness that clung to him, yet no one approached him. Despite the aura he permeated, his almost violet tinged dark eyes had a deceptive cool gleam to them. They warned of a determined man, the sort who'd do anything to reach their goals.

However than all drained away when a purple haired girl came half-running through the town, dragging along with her two teenaged boys. She was dressed in her usual skirt and shirt combo, though there was quite obvious wrinkles in her clothes, and fly away strands in her hair that made it clear she had dressed in a hurry. Juliette was never the sort to prepare beforehand, and Kaleb was bemused to note she hadn't changed. Joseph looked good, a little disgruntled, but that was probably more the fact he got half-dragged more than anything.

Behind his back, he gestured the number two. He didn't bother to double check if they'd seen it, instead cracking a wide smile and waving them over. His eyes lost their hard gleam as he fitted back into being the dutiful and caring brother he'd always been. There was a slight sting in him at the knowledge of what was to come, but he held that back. Quashing it.

"Juliette! Joseph!"

so many kids, please stop this sinful hand

Last edited by Roob Stark on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fish

Beata Bucks : 3021

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:27 am

One minute, Joseph had been arguing with his father in Korean over the phone, and the next, Juliette had waltzed into his room, unannounced, and started dragging him out into the night. He'd tried to object, unsatisfied with the fact that his argument had gotten cut short before a proper conclusion, but he knew he wouldn't be able to escape his cousin's insistent clutches. Apparently, Juliette's brother, Kaleb, had come into town recently, seeking to meet with the family he hadn't seen in so long. for Joseph, especially, it'd been ages since he had spoken with Kaleb - So long, in fact, that he'd somewhat forgotten what he actually looked like. All he could remember was a round face, a sincere smile, and a head of raven-coloured hair. Kaleb was a determined young man - he remembered that, as well.

After a good fifteen minutes of brisk walking in the chilly, early-spring air, the duo's pace slowed as they reached the outskirts of Rosebury. Not too far from them, gazing in sombre silence at the mountains across Lake Salacin, was a man that Joseph could only assume was Juliette's brother. As soon as he heard the two Beata students approaching, he turned to face them, and his demeanour seemed to lighten up. His features hadn't changed too dramatically, but his face had definitely slimmed out, indicative of maturity.

"Kaleb,"
Joseph murmured, nodding his head in greeting and allowing the end of his lips to twitch up in a faint smile. He couldn't help but wonder why Kaleb had insisted on having a family gathering at such a ridiculous hour, but he didn't bother asking. Joseph was a night owl anyhow, so it didn't particularly irritate him. He would have preferred to finish his debate with his father before going anywhere, but there was no need to mention that now. "Long time no see."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pikachu

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:27 am

Juliette waved back to very enthusiastically. Unlike Joseph, however, she didn't stop at all, running the last stretch of a few metres to slam into her brother. Against his will, she hugged him around the waist tightly, though nowhere near as strongly as she could. The Autumn breathed in his cologne, the same Armani one that Auntie always bought him for Christmas, and there was a faintest metallic scent she couldn't place. But that all was eclipsed by his returning embrace once he got over himself. She didn't give a flip that Joseph was standing off to the side as Kaleb tried to hold a conversation. Only when she felt done, did she untangle herself from him, looking up at him with her usually grin.

-

"It really has been too lon- Oof!" He should have expected, but he hadn't. Juliette pressed herself against him, her face not even visible as she practically head-butted his chest in her version of a hug. Looking down at her, the heavy weight in his gut tripled, and further multiplied at the faintest of smiles that adorned Joseph's face. This moment wouldn't be their last like this, he told himself. "You done?" He asked teasingly as Juliette finally let go. She looked all disheveled and dopey, even with her energetic grin. Kaleb pressed all this into his memories, the way she smiled a little too toothy and she leant way too much on one leg over the other. If she was anyone else, she'd be looking at a few chiropractor appointments.

"Mm." Juliette said back, she looked looked at him like dad did when he was young. As though she adored him, and she could barely contain it. Or it was the guilt speaking, he couldn't quite differentiate. Then the two of them locked eyes for a second, Juliette's darting over to Joseph and back, a little wicked smile overtaking her. Two years apart hadn't changed anything. Her face was like an open book, the words all written in bold. He knew what Kaleb Jung would do in this moment. The faintest of nods was all she got to give nothing away to Joseph. Keeping still like a cat waiting to pounce, he tensed a second before leaning over to drag Joseph a octopus hug. "C'mere, Joseph! Can't have my baby cousin feeling left out."

Juliette was still somewhat awkwardly wedged half between them, but she didn't protest. "Group hug!" She called out, ignoring the odd stares of passing by residents to drag Joseph into the middle.

Last edited by Roo on Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fish

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:05 pm

Kaleb had begun to respond to Joseph, but as both young men had anticipated, Juliette's enthusiasm came first. The Autumn girl raced at Kaleb and threw her arms around his midsection, burying her forehead into the fabric of his shirt. For a moment, Joseph had half-expected her too tackle her brother right to the ground. He hadn't actually asked Juliette how long it'd been since she herself had last seen Kaleb, but from the looks of it, longer than she would have preferred.

Once Juliette seemed to have finally satisfied her desire for a hug, she turned to Joseph, grinning. Immediately, he knew that the hug session wasn't done, and he wouldn't get out of it so easily. A moment later, Kaleb reached out and pulled Joseph into an embrace, tugging him close and squishing part of Juliette in between them in the process. Somehow, Joseph ended up in the middle of the sandwich a second later. The three of them must've looked ridiculous to all of the townspeople, hugging like excited children and making all sorts of noise. A few passerbys shot them curious looks, but Joseph didn't mind. He'd never been too fond of being physically affectionate, but if it was family, then it was alright. "God, you guys.. So touchy-feely." He sniffed in amusement, smile widening a degree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pikachu

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:52 am

Losing himself in the moment, Kaleb grinned as he pulled them all in tight. As someone who wasn't particularly touchy-feely himself, he got just how much of a gesture of goodwill and love this was from Joseph. They both loved him, trusted him, their eyes free of anything other than love and acceptance of each other, connected by blood. But Juliette, always a handsie one, unsurprisingly didn't stop there, bopping the winter on the nose with a free pointer finger. "For you, this is practically a giddy smile." Juliette teased, before finally stepping back and signalling the end of their little hallmark family moment. Whatever reprieve Kaleb got, it was all gone as he took a step away from the two, and out of the corner of his eyes, he spotted a casually dressed man walk past them with his left hand configured to show the number 4. Four minutes was all he got before he'd lead them to the drop spot.

"Ah, I'm so excited for the three of us to spend time together. I feel like I haven't spent time with you two since you were young. I was always off busy with high school or college. But have no fear, we're going to fix this with our road trip of a life time. We'll be telling our kids about what we got up to." Kaleb rambled on a little, the knowledge that he'd be leading them to be taken soon was making him a little verbose, but since he was brother to Juliette, being a little hyper hardly came off as odd. He sounded more like he was very keen for them to go on a road trip. "And yes, I've approved it all with the school. They know you'll be gone for the next two months. I saved up vacation time for this, I'll have you know. So, are you ready to go?"

Oh. So that was what she had been meaning to do and forgot. Juliette had completely blanked on packing her bags, or even telling Joseph about this upcoming road trip. She hoped the winter didn't kill her over this, she may have been in charge of informing him, but what better time to fine out than the present.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fish

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:46 pm

Eventually the hugging ceased, and Joseph stepped off to the side again so there was some space between the three. It had been a while since he'd genuinely smiled. He found little enjoyment in the trivial activities of everyday life, but for family, he always had a grin or two to spare. He'd always found that he got along a lot better with his father's side of the family. Perhaps it was the background country, ot the gifts, or maybe both.

Wait, roadtrip? Since when had that been a thing?

Joseph turned his head in Juliette's direction, eyebrows lowering. Well, there was another detail she'd neglected to share with him before yanking him out of his dorm. She was probably the most spontaneous person Joseph knew, and would ever know. "Would've been nice if you'd told me that earlier." Before anyone could speak again, he was biting the end of a cigarette, and lit it deftly with his lighter. "But hey, I've got pocket cash and smokes." He exhaled a grey cloud and slipped the lighter away once more. Admittedly, her figured it would be nice to have a break from the remote community of super freaks he'd been glued to for half a year. "It's not like I need anything else for a road trip."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pikachu

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Mon May 02, 2016 9:18 pm

Juliette sheepishly rubbed the back of her head while smiling as sweetly as she was capable of at her cousin, playing innocent. It was the sort of thing she'd put off, saying she'd do it the day after tomorrow and never actually get around to. It was her specialty really, she lived life on her whims which wasn't a problem usually, until she was entrusted with other people.

Kaleb wasn't too bothered by the lack of luggage, it was one less thing that they had to account for when they erased the pair's minds. No need to dirty and clean the clothes to make them seen worn now, they only had the one set on them. But to play the part, he raised a hand to pinch the bridge of his nose, sighing at his sister's antics. "Jules... Nevermind, I should have contacted you directly, Joseph. Clothes shopping at the next city before the roadtrip then, I guess I'm paying." It was time to take them to the drop spot, in the distanced behind the pair, a light flashed for a second.

"Aw, you're the best, Kaleb." Juliette crowed, clinging to the arm that wasn't trying to hold a fake headache at bay. She laughed at the way he half-glared at her teasing, before grabbing at Joseph's jacket sleeve with her spare hand. "Wanna try see if the thrift shop is still open? I work there, y'know."

"Ah, maybe another time. I don't want to get stuck on the highway until dawn, lets head off, I want to sleep tonight at some point. You okay with this Joseph?" He interrupted, his voice was forced to sound normal, from here they'd be taken to the drop spot. His shoes scuffed at the ground slightly as he was plagued with a sudden flash of indecision, but he tempered that with pulling Juliette closer. That was about as sentimental as he let himself be.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fish

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Thu May 05, 2016 9:13 pm

Joseph rolled his eyes half-heartedly as Juliette's forcibly sweet smile, but couldn't bring himself to be truly annoyed at her. The idea of cruising down a highway with two people he genuinely enjoyed the company of was far more appealing a thought than wasting away in his room, covered in cigarette ash and wayward papers from various English assignments.. Even if he hadn't really had a chance to pack for the occasion. Like he'd explained, Joseph didn't need much aside froom whatever was in his pocket already.

"Sounds good to me," he murmured to Kaleb, inhaling deeply and sighing a stream of pale grey smoke through his nose a second later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pikachu

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Thu May 05, 2016 9:26 pm

"Then let's head off. This way." He pointed with his thumb to the vague direction of an off-road that was near Rosebury. It was a plausible place to park, though there were many brightly lit places around the town that would have seemed more natural. He had no choice though, guardians roamed the town and the school at all times, they were clever, eyes sharpened by Agrona's attacks onto the academy. He had to play this safe, and so far, Juliette and Joseph seemed absolutely clueless. Kaleb just had to continue this act a little longer.

Letting Juliette cling to his arm, he lead them deeper into the woods down a beaten track where his four-wheel drive was parked. To Joseph, he called out back. "I hope you know that I'm not going to let you smoke in the car. I don't have healing like you two, and I have no plans of getting lung cancer." Kaleb clicked the car remote to unlock the doors, the signal that the troops were looking for. They'd strike any minute now. These were the last words he'd get with the two of them. "Sit where you want, but I'll be doing the driving. I heard from Auntie how you totalled your car, Joseph. And before you say anything Jules, you're not driving either."

Juliette pouted, but was quick to recover. "Shotgun!" She called out, unlatching herself from Kaleb to race over to the car. She easily vaulted over tree stumps and bushes, used to worse at training. Hand on the front passenger seat door, she turned around to tease Joseph on being too slow, when she noticed a figure in black appear behind her cousin and her brother.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fish

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Wed May 11, 2016 7:29 am

Joseph blinked twice, surprised at Kaleb's refusal to allow him to smoke in the car. A light scoff drifted past his lips. Well, he hoped the stopping intervals between driving weren't too lengthy, then, because he wouldn't be able to go on very long without another cigarette. As pathetic as his addiction was, it was just the way things were. "Alright, whatever," he muttered, dousing the tiny embers between his index finger and his thumb, and then tossed the useless blunt to the ground. It wasn't like Kaleb would immediately get lung cancer from second-hand smoke on a little roadtrip, but alright..

The Winter grimaced internally at the mention of the accident. It'd been nearly six months since he'd smashed his car, and he'd still not totally paid off the damage he'd done to it. His parents would harp on and on about it over the numerous phone calls he had weekly with them, which was why he dreaded said calls every time his cellphone rang. It was a pretty reasonable decision not to let Joseph drive after such a ridiculous incident. With a hefty sigh, Joseph followed in Juliette's steps - only less excitedly - and made his way over to Kaleb's car. He could see the beginnings of a teasing remark on Juliette's lips as she watched her much slower cousin approach, but something suddenly caught her eye, and the words faltered on her tongue.

Joseph raised an eyebrow. "What, is my hair that messy?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pikachu

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Sat May 21, 2016 9:09 pm

It was as planned.

He was the first to get attacked. A gloved hand went over his face, while the other, injected him with saline water. 'Sorry, guys', he mouthed from behind the hand, as he pretended to crumpled onto the floor, only being held up by the soldier's iron grip. The squad was efficient, dragging Kaleb into the bushes for his safety, before the other members lunged in. Three men when for his sister, firing at her tranquilliser darts before racing in to apprehend her. He'd measured the dosage based on rough estimates of how quick their healing factors would react. The other four, they went for Joseph, one man grabbing Joseph in a choke hold while the others shot or injected him with tranquillisers. They wouldn't get a chance to react or cry out for help, this was the only way.

"Jos- urgh!" Juliette paused mid shout as a dart went into her neck, the drugs coursing to her brain within the seconds and disorienting her that she hunched over on herself. "Ack!" She ripped out the dart, tossing it aside while using the truck to brace herself, but she came to her senses too late. A man clad in black tactical gear smashed his fist into her face, while another stabbed her in the shoulder with a syringe. She didn't even get the chance to look up to see what was going on. It was a mess of brutal hits mixed with sharp plunges of needles and darts all over in painful pinpricks.

She was coughing up blood, and dry heaving as they were trying to physically overwhelm her.

"Sto-" Juliette weakly growled like a cornered kitten, lashing out with her leg in the vague direction of a man's crotch. But she was obviously moving much slower than she thought, they grabbed her leg and slammed it against the truck till she heard a pop. She didn't shout anymore though, another used her hair as leverage to slam her head against the metal body of the truck. It was relentless.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fish

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Sat May 21, 2016 10:12 pm

Before Joseph even had time to breathe again, seven levels of hell broke loose.

First was Kaleb. Out of seemingly nowhere, a man leapt out of the darkness nearby and threw his arms around his face, jabbing a syringe into his arm at the same time. Joseph motioned forward immediately to help but was grabbed abruptly from behind before he could even take two steps towards him. "What the f-" Strong arms roped around his neck and forced him into a tight choke-hold, cutting his remark off. He reached up and swing left arm back with as much force as he could muster, aiming to elbow the attacker in the gut, but he then felt more hands grip his torso and limbs, restricting his movements even further.

Sharp pains jut into him from several different angles. Out of the corner of his eye, the Winter could see Juliette struggling fiercely against three men, but her efforts were in vain, as well. Kaleb was nowhere to be seen. As Juliette's movements slowed, Joseph could feel his own muscles shutting down, as well. He could feel his grip around the man's arm, still firmly wrapped around his neck, weakening against his will. A furious hiss of frustration and desperation escaped him. One would have to be stupid not to realize they were being tranquillized. Who were these men? What the fuck was going on?

Joseph raised one of his legs and kicked behind him. His foot met flesh, but not without repercussions. A fist collided with his face within a second or two, and he could see stars floating in front of him whilst fresh blood trailed out of his nose. He tried to kick again but somebody stomped down on his ankle before he could. Already-bloodied knuckles connected with his face again, and he could feel the cartilage in his nose snap as it did so. And then a hard, leather boot struck him in the chest, and a splitting pain engulfed his entire frontal torso. Viscous scarlet liquid filled his throat and poured out of his nose and mouth, staining the ground below. He spluttered and choked on the blood and clawed uselessly at the arm at his throat, but with every second that passed by, energy seemed to drain out of his body, and Joseph's protests became weaker and weaker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pikachu

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Sat May 21, 2016 10:27 pm

In the distance, Juliette could vaguely hear the sounds of a fight, but it was all tinny, like she was underwater. Her senses were long messed up, and she was struggling to tell up from down. Wobbling on her legs like a baby deer, she tried to claw at the hand that was holding her up by her hair, digging her nails into the leather-clad fist. Her nails scrabbled against the smooth surface, finding no purchase. It was pointless, but she tried anyway, until two hands grabbed her limp wrists and clasped something on them.

It took her a while to process what they were. It was handcuffs, and before she could try do anything else, her ankles were clasped in steel too. "St-sto-" She tried to gasped out against the blood that was dripping in thick globs from her mouth, but it all sounded like wet gurgles. To shut her up, they kicked her again, splintering the ribs that was struggling against the previous kicks. Finally, they threw a sack over her head, and slammed her head one final time against the truck handle. The plastic bit cut into her temple, finishing off the work that the tranquilliser was doing quite well with surprising efficiency.

For a view seconds, she kept her eyes open, though albeit crosseyed as she tried to make mind work and scramble to get her eyes to look for an escape. But soon the trauma caught up, her eyelids growing heavier with each second and the pain dulling down to the throb that lulled her to the darkness. Slowly, but surely, she crumpled into a heap, her body chained and numbed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fish

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Tue May 24, 2016 6:22 am

Seconds after Juliette's hands were cuffed, Joseph's were as well. A man wrenched his arms behind him and chained them tightly together, and when Joseph pulled at them, he received another harsh kick to the ribs. He expected a few were broken. They'd heal in time, but the thought of eventual relief didn't really do much to dull the pain. Before he even had time to spit up another mouthful of blood, a ratty sack was thrown over his head, and he was being dragged along the grass.

His head was ringing, his chest was in splitting pain, his limbs had gone numb, and he couldn't see anything anymore. Joseph couldn't have fought back even if he had the will to, so he allowed himself to be pulled limply across the ground, towards what he did not know was Kaleb's car. He wasn't hearing Juliette anymore, and he hadn't heard Kaleb at all since the attack began. He could barely think straight enough to worry about them. His mind was a hazy mess. The man who'd been dragging Joseph released him from the choke hold and tossed him forward, next to his fallen cousin. Pain radiated throughout his chest once again as he landed on the hard, stony ground, and the air in his lungs hissed out, leaving him gasping and struggling to breathe around the blood that had welled up in his throat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pikachu

PostSubject: Re: They're coming for me.   Wed May 25, 2016 3:39 am

Her healing was a blessing and a curse, Juliette was quick to awaken from her brief blissful unconsciousness as she felt herself being lifted up roughly by some sort of harness that encircled her, giving her not an inch of wriggle room. It's straps bit into her chest and her bare legs where her stockings had torn from the cruel handling of the soldiers. For a frightening moment, she was in mid air, tossed towards something known, before she landed hard, face down, onto padded floors. It was cushiony, but she had a hunch it wasn't for comfortable, a quick muffled gasp from her when air came back to her lungs told her that. It was to soundproof their shouts. "Joseph? Kaleb?" She hissed out, but even that was clearly too loud as a taser slammed into her side, blasting electricity through her abdomen and sending shockwaves through her.

"MmPPMMH!" She screamed into the padding, before completely, bonelessly sinking into the padding without a further word. Juliette couldn't move even if she wanted to, all she could do was curse under her breath, and whimper occasionally as tremors wracked through her. Time was fluid in that moment, and while it couldn't have been all that long, she felt as though hours had passed.

The sudden starting of something like an engine, and the faint vibrating of the padding told her the truth. It had most likely just been seconds, but she was experiencing everything in slow motion. Whatever they drugged her with, it was doing it's job damn well. Juliette wanted to call out again, but instead opted to wriggle around so her face was uncovered, and tried to gather clues while they thought she was completely out. They were in some sort of vehicle? Joseph hadn't been tossed in yet, but maybe they weren't going to be in the same van/truck/whatever the heck it was.

All she could do at this point was wait in vain.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

They're coming for me.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: Off-School Grounds :: Rosebury-
Jump to: