Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 9929

Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} Empty
PostSubject: Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}   Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:46 pm

The sound of a piano filled the room. By the way it stopped and started it would be easy to tell that the person at the piano was not the best at it. There would be moments of uninterrupted playing, the tune was something easy. The kind of piece that only required the player to occasionally use both hands. The times they had to use the second hand was when the music paused. Once they got the note correct, they would continue onward. To someone who was listening, it was apparent that they had gotten the one hand down, but couldn't seem to add in the other. Multitasking hands was their downfall.

Now this person was none other than the Autumn prefect. A signifying badge on his uniform jacket showing his status. The teen swayed back and forth to the tempo as he played, fingers gliding over the white keys. His soft blue eyes fixated on the notes as he read them aloud in his head, then translating them down to what keys to push.

He was taking a break from taking care of Keirsta, who had been sick since the day before. She had convinced him to get out of her dorm to get a breath of fresh air and do stuff. As he spent his birthday taking care of her. She had fallen asleep, so the prefect figured if there was a time to take that break that it would be this time. Although there was a worry on the back of his mind. Telling him not to spend too much time here. Yet it was held off by the fact that he had just reached a new record streak in the song without pausing.

Last edited by Splotch on Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

Beata Bucks : 9323

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}   Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 5:06 pm

Maybe the studios will have what I've been looking for. Freya walked to where she thought the studios were, hoping she was right. The girl was somewhat new, still ajusting to her new surroundings and all the people. Ya, it took some getting used to and she hated most of the people, but some she made exceptions for. Jonathan, Leo, Jake, all the good looking guys.

She finally reached the studios and reached for the door when she stopped. A piano? Quietly, Freya opened the door and looked around, spotting the Autumn prefect. Figures, a prefect good at playing piano. Bet they're all goody two shoes. The door closed softly behind her. "You're not that bad." The girl said in her usual flat, uninterested tone. Though she knew that she could play 100x better from her father forcing her to take lessons her whole life. "You must be lady like, it's more proper." Her father always reminded her. It was times like this, she wondered if being her sister, a more free spirited person would've been nice.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}   Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 4:33 pm

Leo hadn't heard her come in, and was only alerted of her presence when she spoke. Startled, his fingers slammed on the keys creating a rather jarring loud and discordant bang. The prefect had to stop himself from falling off of the bench by placing a hand on the wall behind him. Pushing himself to sit back up correctly, Leo looked back at Freya. "Er- Thanks. Sorry, I didn't hear you come in." He laughed it off, rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment. "Do...you play?" Leo offered, gesturing to the piano with a nod of his head.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}   Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 4:46 pm

Freya have a small smile at the boy's clumsiness. "Yes. Well, I did for the longest time." She said softly gazing towards the large instument. She took a few steps foward and placed her hand of a set of keys, gracefully playing a small scale. "Though I never really liked it." She was used to bragging, but honestly there was nothing to really brag about when almost everyone knew how to play the piano.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}   Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 8:28 pm

Blue eyes watched her fingers gently play a small scale. Leo wished he had learned to play it earlier, it hadn't had much use yet. But it would be nice to play a song in full without his constant starting and stopping. Even though he was not very good at it yet, Leo still found himself enjoying the challenge and practice. "Why not?" He ventured, looking away from the white keys of the piano and back toward the taller student. Sure maybe she could have a bad experience with it, or even grown tired of it. But the blond found himself making small talk, his gaze leaving her and returning to the sheet of music in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}   Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 9:04 pm

Freya gave a small smile at his amateur comment. "When your parents force you to do something for 15 years of your life, come back and tell me if you had fun." She then realized some people would love to learn something for so long, especially the less fortunate ones. "Although, you seem like you'd like it. Let me just put it this way. I have a sister and she was granted way more freedom than me." Probably cause she whas the problem child. Freya chose to keep that part out of what she said. "But me? I was kept at home, did what ever my parents said, and got what ever I wanted. As long as I behaved." She ended her sentence with a slight roll of her eyes sitting down on a chair that was near the piano. "So actually, you're lucky." There was much more to her life story than that, but she didn't want to start rambling.

//Look like Leo? Maybe? ;w;//shot https://2img.net/h/i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq299/LouricaKikay/Anime%20Guy/piano.jpg

Last edited by IceStorm on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}   Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 6:47 pm

Now, he hadn't expected Freya to go in depth about why she she didn't enjoy it. Maybe mentioning that she was tired of it after years of her parents making her play. But not told about her sister. Yet he nodded along. Leo understood that it might not have been fair. Although if someone looked at it the other way, perhaps the parents had a reason for doing that. But it's not like Leo would know. So he only had her voice of the matter.

'So really, you're lucky'. That comment took him by surprise. Leo knew he was a lucky person when it came to parents and a home life. The only problem he had ever had was people finding out about his power, and the constant threat that it put on his family as a child. "Yes. I am lucky." He responded eyes looking back up toward her. A serious look on his face. "I've never had to worry about being forced to do things as a kid. The most I've had to worry about was chores." It was rather amusing how fast it came from talking about the piano to talking about their home life.

"But I'm sure you can understand that the piano is a hobby to me. Although I am pretty bad at it. There is still a ways to go for me yet." Leo admitted, with a shrug. He wasn't good at it quite yet. But if there was one thing he knew, it was practicing.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}   Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 12:28 pm

God fucking...Great way to ask for pity. Freya felt so embarrassed after she rambled on about her life, but kept a straight face."They should offer music classes here. I mean, even students who know how to play instruments could help." She took a moment to think about what she had said. "Then again, not many people play actual instruments anymore." It was true, now with all this technology, no one was living the wonderful world of classical music, one of Freya's favorite genres.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}   Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 4:46 pm

"They do have music classes." Leo frowned looking up at Freya. She had the option between art, music, or drama. Drama had been tempting to take, but he had figured that he should pick something challenging. Especially when he had no background on music at all. He had spent his beginning months in Beata learning how to sight read. And only recently has he tried to apply it to the piano. Sure Leo could sing if he wanted to, but the prefect found that he was not exactly comfortable with that. So he settled for the simple percussion instrument that would not require mallets and large drums. "I'm guessing you didn't want to take music because of your parents?"
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}   Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 8:41 pm

Freya listened to Leo and then paid more attention when he asked her a question. "Basically. It got boring after a 10 years." The girl tried to keep it short and simple this time. "So, what do you like to play?" Freya hoped asking him about himself would look better than him asking all the questions.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}   Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 10:10 pm

The blond nodded, understanding that doing something over and over again for a long period of time could become quite boring, tedious, or other negative words that would relate to the such feeling. Leo gave her a slight laugh as her question was processed in his mind. Play? He just barely learned how to sight read. The thought of having a choice of his favorite instrument to play sounding nice. "Just the piano. If you can call it playing." Sure maybe in the far future he'd expand his efforts into other instruments. But he'd rather master the piano first.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}   Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 7:37 pm

It wasn't really the answer she was hoping for but it was her fault for not being more clear. "I've never been really good at anything else either." She replied. "And even playing the piano for so long, I always kept to the same genre of music." The sad, depressing type. She thought to herself.

Sorry I didn't post something that would make it more exciting, really distracted and multitasking rn.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}   Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 6:56 pm

The prefect listened curiously as she spoke. He himself didn't have much options when it came to music to play. Whatever he had at his finger tips he could play. Although he aimed for the ones that were not as hard to play. So a majority of the better classical pieces were out of his reach if he actually wanted to sound good whilst playing. Leo didn't have much options to find his favorite genre. "What is your favorite genre, then?" Although, Leo did like to play the classics, Canon in D, Ode to Joy the like. Slightly uncomfortable with being the only one sitting down, the blond moved to the far side of the bench. Which was rather large and could fit two people easily. "Want to sit down?" Leo offered, giving her a bright smile.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}   Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 9:32 am

Favorite genre? It took her a moment to think about the question. Being a very dreary person, she had very few "favorites." "I like classical, I guess." At least it wasn't a lie, but it was really one of the only genres she knew well and played well. She watched him move down to the other side of the bench and gave a small sigh. "Fine." She sat down on the bench, her posture straight, and fixed her skirt. Looking at the piano, a flood of memories filled her mind. Some good, but most either bad or boring. Thinking about herself always made her think of Maria, the insane, conniving bitchy sister. But the more she thought about it, she wondered what her sister thought about her. Boring, sad, depressed, snappy. The list could've gone on forever but she stopped there, returning back to the world of the living.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}   Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 7:54 pm

The blond gave her a bright grin in response. "Classical is nice to listen to. Especially when someone who can actually play is the one playing the song." A sheepish laugh ended his speech. A slight diss to his playing skills. Not that he minded at all. Leo was just learning to play, and at the point that he was at, it sounded more like someone taking their time to press each key. When it should be a fluid movement. He still had a way to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}   Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN} Empty

Back to top Go down

Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next