HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
The Summer Tournament has begun! Head on over to the Island and cheer for your favorites!
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Share | 

KISS KISS FAL IN LOVE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crippling Roollage Debt

Beata Bucks : 1395

PostSubject: KISS KISS FAL IN LOVE   Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:04 am

It was raining, pouring, but no old man was snoring.

It was the kind of day that Jonathan loathed working, the oppressive silence of the café lingering as he watched from his vantage point beside the coffee machine. Blue eyes watch half-lidded like a cat, bored out of his mind as not even a single person walked through the streets of Rosebury. The winter winds and the non-stop rains having kept most people in their cozy beds. He didn't blame them, he would have liked to remain in bed too, to lean up against the headboard and flick through the latest journal articles on his tablet. But work was work, so he remained in place, the counter against the small of his back as he waited and hoped for someone to come by.

After all, what better to chase out the cold other than a pipping hot chocolate with a toasty marshmallow.

so many kids, please stop this sinful hand
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: KISS KISS FAL IN LOVE   Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:12 am

After her shift at the Thrift store, which had mainly been her folding up clothes and dusting off random knick knacks the shop had gathered over the years, Juliette was bone tired. At least when customers were around, she could flit about and talk to people. But as extroverted as she was, being in the store with the manager only to keep her silent company as they dusted off object after object, she was tired. Juliette was in desperate need of a pick me up, a little spot of sunshine in her life before she made the harrowing journey up to Beata Academy for the night.

The bells on the café door jingled as she walked into the toasty warm shop. The aroma of roasted beans hit her, making her feel all gooey and toasty inside. This was what she was looking for. She sighed in relief, letting the days troubles roll off her as she approached the counter. "Heya Jonno." She greeted the Barista, used to seeing him about. This wasn't the first time she'd stepped into the café for a drink. After trying the coffee here with D'Angelo, she was hooked. It was her own personal brand of heroin. "Can I get a caramel macchiato?"

It was a little redundant, but she gestured to the drink on the board menu above Jonno's head.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: KISS KISS FAL IN LOVE   Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:29 am

Before she'd even spoken, Jonno's hand was already hovering above Jules' regular drink, she always got the same, it was hardly difficult to remember. "Sure, mate." He replied, punching the order into the tablet, entering into the system. "$3.50, Jules." Once he'd received the money, he was off to start on the coffee. Beans were freshly grounded, by a machine, this wasn't the dark ages, and then he ran through the usual motions. By now, it was ingrained in him, he could brew a decent cup blindfolded and one hand cuffed. So naturally, he chose to direct his attention to lone the customer who was looking stiff. The usual relaxed slopes of her shoulders were gone, odd considering how loosely and relaxed she held herself.

"Long day?" He asked, hands pouring out a shot of caramel into his cup, eyeballing the measurement quite accurately.

"Mm. There wasn't a soul in sight today. Just me and my trusty feather duster for a whole two shifts." She sounded weary as she took a seat on one of the café's chair facing him. "Not even a friendly face to get me through the day."

"Well, you got me now." He said amiably, deliberately pouring the milk with flourish and winking over at the autumn. The coffee wasn't the right type to have art on it, so he settled for scribbling a smiley face on a marshmallow and leaving it on the side. Without anyone else around, and considering how unlikely it would be for a customer to come through at this time, he brought the coffee to her personally. "Here, Jules. One caramel macchiato, perfectly brewed to your liking."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: KISS KISS FAL IN LOVE   Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:43 am

"Mmm..." Juliette moaned, wrapping her cold hands around the warmed cup and bringing it to her lips. The heat was lovely, and the smell, divine. The sugary scent of the caramel shot with the rich aroma of coffee, this was everything she wanted and needed. And for bonus points, served by a rather good looking Australian who had a friendly smile that could melt steel beams.

Blowing over the drink once, she practically inhaled the toasty warm drink, not bothered by the scalding temperature as her body healed that all before it was even a problem. Only when she noticed that Jonathan looked distinctly uncomfortable with the sight of her drinking what was akin to boiling milk like it was iced tea, did she slow down a bit. "It's really good, like always."

"I could tell." He teased. "When have I ever let you down?"

"Never." She said with complete sincerity, perhaps a tad more serious than what would be considered in the realm of normal. But Juliette was always serious about her coffee. Coffee was everything. Nothing beat a warm cup of it in winter, except maybe mulled wine. But that wasn't easy to come upon in Beata despite Formal being an alcohol orgy and Jane's party made it seem. Her long island iced tea had nearly been confiscated when she tried to free it from her bosom. "I swear Jon, I'd pay to just sit with you and drink coffee all day. A friendly face and a warm drink, what else could a girl want."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: KISS KISS FAL IN LOVE   Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:05 am

"What? Serve as your manservant or gigolo? Juliette Jung, I never thought you to be that type of person." Jonathan laughed at the thought, though he was a little flattered by Juliette's apparent willingness to buy his services. It was nice to know he had a back up option if his dream of studying the root of powers didn't work out for him. He'd always known his face was rather aesthetically pleasing.

"Not like that, or maybe... Nevermind." She rubbed the heels of her hands into her eye sockets, leaning back against the cushions on the chairs. "Ignoring the sex worker implications, it's a cool idea though. Having a nice drink with a nice guy, chilling and chatting. No pressure for us girls 'cause, well, we're paying. In another life..." She trailed off, muttering something more too quiet to be audible. Her weariness coupled with a warm drink seemed to have begun taking her away into the dream world. It always amazed him how her body seemed to just negate all the side effects of well, everything.

"Hmm. I guess it's a decent idea... What guys from our school would join? If we were to make this a thing rather than the figment of your quite vivid imagination." Resting his elbows on the table, he leaned forward, head resting against his hands as he questioned the sleepy girl. Juliette looked two seconds away from actually outright sleeping so he quickly continued. "Some guys might take to it well, it would require a certain level of detachment and charm."

"Joseph." She muttered into her arms that were crossed on the table, she was using them as a head rest. Jonathan could barely hear her.

"Who?"

"Joseph... Tseung. My cousin would be cool." And she was out like a light. The only person in the world who fell asleep like a rock after a cup of coffee. Shaking his head amusedly, he gently pried the coffee cup handle from her hands and placed them in the sink. The marshmallow remained untouched, unsurprisingly considering how quickly she'd lunged for the coffee first. She probably hadn't even noticed it. Humming quietly to himself, Jonathan placed his winter coat over her shoulder as he closed up shop. Juliette's idea bouncing around in his head as he wiped down all the benches, cleaned up the mugs and machines.

It was an interesting idea. A little insane, but interesting. He'd think about.

And maybe, just maybe, he'd say hi to this Joseph Tseung later.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

KISS KISS FAL IN LOVE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: Off-School Grounds :: Rosebury :: Café-
Jump to: