Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

What should I do?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9280

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: What should I do?   What should I do? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 9:48 pm

Sophia sat on the edge of the battle area, gloves on her hands to make sure she didn't destroy anything on accident. She had been working towards trying to control her gift, but every time she tries it's always ended in failure. Her recent encounters with Matthew had helped her figure out it was her fear of her gift that was causing her to not be able to control it, but she didn't know how to get over the fear, but it seemed the school had some ideas.

The school had decided to have her work with another student. A student with power negation. She forgot what his name was, but she was slightly excited but slightly fearful. Around her on the platform were various objects for her to disintegrate as needed, or to not disintegrate. She didn't exactly know what the full plan was. But for now she was patiently waiting on this guy she didn't know.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 11:37 am

Sophia stood from her spot when Jonathan approached. "It's nice to meet you too. And yes they did tell me about your gift." She said. She hoped that what ever they were going to do would help her with her gift, she was so sick of wearing gloves, and so sick of accidentally destroying things. Of course this was supposed to help him too not just her. She looked at her partner for a moment. She did have to admit he was pretty cute, but that is not what she was here for.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:42 pm

She didn't really acknowledge the fact that he touched her. It was something she was used to. People would put their arms and stuff around her shoulder all the time before so it was something to simply pass off. When he tossed her the can she nearly dropped it because it was unexpected. She scrambled to get a good grip on it, and when she did, she let out a small breath of relief. Carefully she tucked the can under her arm for a second, to remove her gloves of of course. She tossed her gloves to the ground when she got them off her hands.

When she pulled out the can from under her arm it was already covered in cracks, right when she got it back out in front of her it fell to dust, scattering away in the wind. She let out a small sigh after that. A the tip of her middle finger on her left hand, a small, hard to notice, crack formed. Typical recoil damage. Eventually it would go away.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 10:06 pm

This was easy too. Anything having to with destroying the object was easy. It was not destroying it that was the issue. She took the can, her fingers help it up. It took a moment, but cracks slowly made their way up the can from the bottom where her fingers were. It was about a minute later when the cracks reached the top of the can, being fully covered in cracks now it was able to turn to dust. Starting from the top it turned to dust slowly blowing away in the wind until there was nothing left of the can. Her arm fell to her side once again. The cracks moved to the other tips of her fingers on her left hand but nothing noticeable just yet.

All of those times trying not to disintegrate something lead to a great understanding of how to disintegrate something, but never how not to disintegrate something. She could even go a few minutes holding something and it not turning to dust, but after a certain amount of time it would. It always would not matter how badly she didn't want it too.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 10:40 am

Sophia blinked. She hadn't done that before, but it should be easy. She just has to focus on the one that she doesn't want to turn to dust, and let the other one go about it's business. Holding both cans out in front of her she let the one in her left hand stay, and the one in her right hand turn to dust. It didn't take long for the right one to start developing cracks. With this one she just had to focus prevent the cracks from creeping the way up the left one like it was doing the right one.

Did her certain amount of time even span five minutes? She never bothered to count, but she felt like it didn't. It had been a few minutes now, and she could feel it. She knew any second that both cans would fully splinter and crack in an instant, and turn to dust. And she was right, approaching four minutes and twenty seven seconds cracks flashed up the cans, and instantly the both turned to dust. From the result, anyone could easily tell she was frustrated.

She clenched her teeth and let out a small groan. "I can't stop myself from disintegrating stuff no matter how hard I try!" She said not even aware of the fact that cracks were spreading further down her fingers on her left hand, stopping at the middle set of knuckles. They were noticeable now if someone looked for them.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 5:03 pm

Sophia flinched when she felt his touch, and quickly pulled her hands away. It was a natural reaction. "I'm fine. It's just my fingers.." This was normal. She took her gaze away from him. "It's nothing to be concerned about, just some recoil. When it completely covers my arm, I pushed to far.. but I can keep going. And besides, I would have to completely crack, like everything else, for me to disintegrate." She kept her gaze to the ground, her left hand rubbing her right arm. The only way she can be harmed from her gift, was recoil, even then it didn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 7:01 pm

Sophia nodded. "I will be fine. My roommate can heal me when I get back to the dorm." She knew the cracks were hard to ignore, but they appeared anytime she used her gift. Besides she would stop this session when she pushed herself to far, but she really needed this. She didn't know how much longer she could take disintegrating stuff with out her willing it. She was tired of wearing gloves. "I'm good to keep going."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Sophia took the two cans with a sigh. She was going to end up with the exact same result. There was no getting past this. She did exactly what she did last time. She focused really hard trying to not let the one can disintegrate, but right when it reached the same amount of time, cracks instantly splintered along it, and both of the cans turned to dust. Her hands fell to her sides, and she let out a frustrated sigh.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 5:37 pm

Sophia let out another sigh. She knew she was going to fail again, but he could try all he wanted. She was starting to feel like this was pointless. She was too scared of her own gift. She shifted slightly, and took the two cans again. Holding both of them up so he could get a good look at them, her gift started it's work again. Slowly eating away at the right can while the other one stayed untouched. When it reached the point of both of the cans to disintegrate nothing happened. She blinked, hope flourishing in her chest, but she didn't let go of her concentration yet. Finally the can in her right hand disappeared in the wind leaving the left one untouched. A smile grew on her face, and she let the can drop to the ground. She was almost so happy she could cry, but she wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:41 pm

Sophia took the two cans again and repeated the same process again. She could do it. With his help she could do it. She could control her gift. For this time her fear was gone. No longer blocking her mind. He could help her learn to control it. She didn't need to be scared anymore. A smile stayed on her face, when she watched one can disappear and the other stay. She let out a small squeal at the result. "Thank you so much for helping me! I thought I would never see the day I wouldn't disintegrate something, and the day I wouldn't fear my gift for once." She said happily.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:01 pm

The smile and look of delight soon fell from her face once he told her that was all on her. She did that by herself? But that was impossible.. Anytime she tried it by herself she failed. "That was... all me?" She asked in a soft tone, trying to register it in her head. "But.. thats impossible.. It never worked for me when I tried it by myself.." She said keeping the same soft tone.

As it clicked in her head that she could in fact do it by herself, another smile appeared on her face, as well as a few tears. She could do it. She could control her terrifying gift. She didn't have to wear those damn gloves anymore. She was the master of her gift, it didn't control her any longer. She didn't bother to pick up her gloves, instead she looked for something else to test her ability to not gift on. Quickly she jumped off the stage, and pressed her hands to the wooden platform. After a few moments of waiting nothing happened. A relief, happy filled giggle escaped the girl. She could really do it.

Now it was time to answer Jonathan's question. She looked up at the boy, joy apparent on her face, and she let out another giggle. "I would love to." She probably needed to warm up her hands anyway seeing how they no longer had a need to sit in gloves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Empty

Back to top Go down

What should I do?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: School Grounds :: Sport Fields :: Battle Arena-
Jump to: