HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
The Summer Tournament has begun! Head on over to the Island and cheer for your favorites!
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
I say we take Westeros.

Share | 

D'romeo and Juliette [closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bloop

Beata Bucks : 1677

PostSubject: D'romeo and Juliette [closed]   Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:18 pm

"Damn that's hot." The Autumn whispered to himself. Quickly pulling away the white mug from his lips. The waitress had said that it was very 'hot' and to 'be careful.' Of course, it was almost like second nature for him to test it as soon as he got it. Never learning from the countless times that had happened. Now he sat there, burnt tounge and all, waiting for Juliette to walk into the Cafe. D'angelo had chosen a table right by the window. There was something about watching the people come and go that really felt pleasant to him.

The night before, D'angelo had texted Juliette the previous night asking if she wanted to meet up at the Cafe for lunch or something along those lines. That wasn't the only reason why he had asked her to meet him. With the Winter Formal being only a few days away, He had wanted to ask her if she would like to attend the event with him. He had only hoped Jules would agree.

D'angelo sat patiently waiting, his index finger just hovering over the coffee mug.

~~D'angelo Jordan Exum~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Gage Westbrook~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
King Irving
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuman

Beata Bucks : 1142

PostSubject: Re: D'romeo and Juliette [closed]   Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:49 pm

Juliette was great with times, she had an alarm ready to tell her when she had to get ready by and everything. Except she had it on pm rather than am, so it didn't go off as planned. Rather than a luxurious morning spent nuzzling the bed covers and rolling around looking for clothes, it was spent wildly rushing about. She wasn't completely inept, so she'd guess about fifteen minutes after the alarm was supposed to go off that something was amiss. Fifteen minutes too late though, and she knew she was cutting it fine.

She dressed her usual combo of a sweater and mini skirt with leggings to keep warm. Her only accessories were her trusty scarf and a leather satchel filled with her first aid kit, brick bars, and the usual keys, wallets etc. Then she was off, leaping out the balcony and dashing over to Rosebury. She ran like the wind, her boots waterproof enough to withstand the slogging she was putting them through as she hopped over fields of frosted mud and leaves. But finally she was there.

Juliette ran her fingers through her hair to tame down the worst of the whiplash from running, before ducking into the cafe. It was warm, blissfully warm. She took a second to truly appreciate indoor heating, then she locked eyes with D'angelo and waved. "Heya! Hope you haven't been waiting long."

JULΕSCAYDEN  ♥ JONNO Δ KAI ϟ VIENNA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloop

PostSubject: Re: D'romeo and Juliette [closed]   Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:03 am

Taking sips of the not so hot coffee he had ordered, D'angelo glanced up from the mug and watched as Jules quickly entered the Cafe. She looked as if she had ran all the way here. Knowing Jules, she probably did. His eyes met with hers and a bright smile rose upon his face. "Oh no! Not at all. It's great to see you Jules." The Autumn stood up, greeted her, and politely pulled out the chair for her to sit on. Afterwards, he casually sat back down at his own chair. "Now that I think about it, maybe we should had just walked here. Seeing as though we live in the same dorm. That probably would have been the smartest thing to do. Huh...Stupid me." His stare drifted to the right as if something was there. What a fool. How come he didn't think of that yesterday...

Not long before that, the waitress had returned to the table. Pen and notebook in hand, ready to take their orders. "Hi, are we all set to order? If so, how can I help you two today?" She said in a friendly upbeat tone.  "Hmm I would like to order a small coffee cake please." The boy responded. After jotting down the order, she turned towards Jules. "And how about you miss."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
King Irving
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuman

PostSubject: Re: D'romeo and Juliette [closed]   Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:05 am

"Ha, it's good to see you also. Same dorm but it's insane how busy Beata is. I feel like I barely see you... Oh thanks." Neatly patting down her skirt, she sat down on the offered chair, hooking her bag over the back rest. She took out her phone out of habit, fiddling with a phone charm of a bunny she had attached while the other flipped through the menu for a drink. At D'angelo's rather apt observation, Juliette laughed, leaning back into the chair and leaving the charm alone. "Yeah, that might have saved me the mad dash too. I always forget how far Rosebury actually is." As the waitress came into her peripheral vision, she quickly snapped back into intensely scanning the menu. Despite working at the thrift shop, Juliette rarely came to the cafe, usually too tired to bother with eating out. Her tired presence standing eating cereal on the sofa with a energy bar was a common sight. "I'll have a... caramel macchiato and a blackberry pie. Yep, that sounds good. Thanks."

Juliette waited until the waitress had made off with their order, before she began her curious interrogation. "So." She started over, clasping her hands together before her and leaning forward in anticipation. "What's the occasion? Not that we need an occasion to chill, but we could be chilling in the dorm. So... Something up?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloop

PostSubject: Re: D'romeo and Juliette [closed]   Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:32 pm

D'angelo knew it would only be a matter of time before Juliette would question the whole 'cafe and chill' act. In her defense, it was very out of the blue. Taking one quick drink of the coffee in the mug, he gently put it down on the table. "Yeah. Well. I..." the boy started. "Seeing as how the Winter Formal is right around the corner..." Right around the corner? How lame can you be? Thought began to fill his head. Already feeling the knot in his throat, The Autumn felt very nervous all of a sudden. Feeling nervous wasn't something he was used to. It was a a pathetic feeling. A feeling that made one feel very small and reserved. He knew he had to just push through it. It wouldn't be the end of the world if Jules said no. You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. That's what he always lived by.

Clearing his throat before speaking again, "Hah. What I'm trying to say is.... Would you like to go to the Winter Formal with me?.... As friends of course." A big sigh of relief escaped his mouth. The nervous weight was no more. He clasped his hands in front of him, eyes fixed on the girl before him. Patiently awaiting for her to respond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
King Irving
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuman

PostSubject: Re: D'romeo and Juliette [closed]   Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:25 pm

Juliette leant in, waiting with abated breath as D'angelo started and stopped as he spoke to her. Once Winter Formal was mentioned, she guessed where this was heading and nodded encouraging, sensing he was feeling awkward. Also she wanted this over and done with, they were in public and she felt uncomfortable with people mistaking this for anything. His nerves weren't helping her own, this parodied an awkward love confession too much for. She liked D'angelo, just not like that. And when he finally asked properly, clearly outlining where they stood with his ending statement, she almost sighed in relief. This she could do. "Of course, D'. It'll be great, you and me, partying the night away." Juliette met his eyes with her own violets, looking up unabashed and cool with their status quo. They'd go to formal together, have fun and it would be great. She bet Jane was coming, that boy Jake had been tiptoeing around their friend for a bit. But there was a matter of another roommate. "Reckon we could get Tabs to come?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloop

PostSubject: Re: D'romeo and Juliette [closed]   Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:12 pm

D'angelo leaned back, feeling more relaxed. Once Juliette agreed to go with him, he felt much better. Felt more like his usual self. "Yeah! Let's make the best of it." He cheerfully said. He stretched his arms straight up before placing them behind his head. He had been sitting there for a while and needed to stretch out. "Sorry if that came out a bit weird at first. I must have overthought it for a second." A rushed laughed followed. He raised a brow at the idea of getting Tabitha to join them. That would be near impossible to do. Gently putting his hands down, before he could speak the Waitress had made her way over to their table with their orders.

"One caramel macchiato and blackberry pie for you miss." She said in her preppy tone. Gently placing the the dish, followed by the mug with Juliette's beverage. "And last but not least, a coffee cake for you sir." Sliding the plate toward him. "Enjoy your meal you two." She then turned away and headed deeper into the cafe.

D'angelo took his fork and carved out a small piece of the baked treat. It looked really delicious to say the least and even had a pleasant cinnamon scent to it. Once in his mouth, He savored the cinnamon flavor that had accompanied it. It was a good idea to pick the cafe, he thought to himself. "I can't think of a way we can get her freely to come with us. However..." Pausing before taking a sip of the warm coffee. "If I can get near her, I can just teleport her there... Although if I do that I would probably be dead before the night is over. And to top it off, she probably would hate me for it." He joked. "Perhaps you got a better idea?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
King Irving
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuman

PostSubject: Re: D'romeo and Juliette [closed]   Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:50 pm

"Mm, no worries." She mumbled, the moment the coffee had been set down her hands shot out like a snake, picking up the caramel macchiato and inhaling it's scent. Juliette needed this, the warm roasted caffeine filled drink to wake and warm her insides. She let the heat of the cup leech into her hands, enjoying it's warmth and looking very content as she did. "Thanks." She grinned brightly to the waitress, very satisfied with her drink, before paying attention to operation get Tabitha to the formal. D'angelo brought up some very legitimate points, Tabitha was a tough cookie and would garrote them if she sensed they were up to something. But it was their first formal as a whole group... No, she would make this happen. "I could get her in a dress by asking her to help me choose dresses. I have a couple stuffed away somewhere. As for getting there, I dunno, D. Maybe we can teleport her near the Great Hall? Give her a chance of opting out if she really doesn't want to go. I can't see how else we're going to get her there."

Stabbing her fork into her pie, Juliette furrowed her brows thinking up alternate ways of achieving their goals. She didn't want to destroy whatever tentative friendship she'd managed to carve out with Tabitha, but also formal...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloop

PostSubject: Re: D'romeo and Juliette [closed]   Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:23 pm

After slicing off yet another piece of the pastry and eating it, He was stopped suddenly at her response. Tabs. In a dress. Was that even possible? D'angelo always admired Juliette's wild ideas, but even this might have been reaching. Although, it didn't seem like an idea that was far too off. Hell, it was worth a shot. Taking one more drink of the coffee to wash down the delicacy. "Alright. If you can pull that off, then I'll make sure to get us near the hall. Sound like a plan?" A sneaky grin formed on his face. This could end up really well or really bad. Either way, it would be a lot of fun. "This might also be the push she needs to get out of that shell." The push being more of a hit by a car approach and the shell being made of titanium.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
King Irving
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuman

PostSubject: Re: D'romeo and Juliette [closed]   Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:49 pm

"Deal." It was locked in now, no going back. They were in this together, for better or for worse, though a niggling voice in the back of her head whispered that she was going to die. But if, as D'angelo pointed out, they could get Tabitha to open up, have fun and stop resenting them for that one party, it would be worth it. Though it was a little hot, she downed the coffee which she'd been sipping on for the moment, taking quick bites of the blackberry pie inbetween. "Just be sure to be ready when I get her all primped up. I'll make a bird sound or something."

Back to top Go down
View user profile

D'romeo and Juliette [closed]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: Off-School Grounds :: Rosebury :: Café-
Jump to: