HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
The Summer Tournament has begun! Head on over to the Island and cheer for your favorites!
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Share | 

The Third Annual Winter Formal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Night

Beata Bucks : 3007

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:27 pm

Amelia watched the few couples that were beginning to dance with mild interest, the underdressed duo catching her attention for a moment. Wasn't that her roommate, Kayla? Oh well. Better not ask her about it. She gazes at Keirsta and Leo for a moment, a little grin forming on her face. "Aw," she couldn't help but whisper to herself.

A girl appeared not too far from her, in a very similar dress to her own. What a coincidence. She watched the two she had approached with curious eyes, although she tried her best to look like she wasn't spying or anything. The shorter girl, well, about her own height, looked to be getting slightly aggravated. Hmm.

---

Apparently they weren't the only ones to come in without much formal clothing. Heron felt awkward walking in with his usual long-sleeved shirt and jeans, the only thing winter about him being his house and the scarf perpetually wrapped around his neck and mouth. Raven had insisted that they wear something fancy, but he reminded her that he had control for the month, not her. So he went with bland clothing. Now that he came here, he felt uncomfortably out-of-place, sticking out like a sore thumb for sure.

He wanted to just float away, hang in the air above all these people. And he did. He floated through the air as a little invisible cloud, not even bothering to move out of people's way, and settled on a ledge just wide enough for him to sit on. The bowl of punch just across the hall was drawing him in, but the sheer crowd of people was enough to drown out his appetite. He didn't even mind that it was spiked.

Heron glanced down, spotting something moving below him. He shifted his leg to see it was a student. "Oh. Sorry," he said from above toward the girl standing about ten feet below. "Didn't mean to sit above you." He couldn't help but recognize her, like he'd talked to her maybe once before.

ooc-heron is talking to pepper, by the way

Rhett Gorgon|Amelia Mclochland|Heron Sabine|Sydney Gorgon|Emil Fritjof

Last edited by Silent Night on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Binder

Beata Bucks : 3338

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Sean had a big smile on his face when Jillian complimented him back, "Thank you." He put his hands on the jacket of his suit, making sure the buttons were all clasped. "Ya think so?" He did look pretty slick, he always loved the way suits looked and was glad Jillian thought they looked good on him. He looked back up meeting up with golden eyes that were already peering upon him. He placed his hand on the blue napkin with a snowflake design, and slowly pulled it out of her hands placing it on the table. She was defiantly nervous, for that much he could tell. Sean looked back up at Jillian noticing how close she got, his blue eyes peered down to her as she attempted to keep balance with her tall shoes. He raised his hand placing it against her cold cheek and pushed her hair behind her ear. Slowly he leaned in hovering over her lips, quietly his mouth opened. "Would you like to dance, Miss Jillian?" He took a step back and reached out his hand, waiting for her to grab it and take a dance with him.

--

A smile rested upon Connor's face as Lady approached him. "Thank you! You look quite handsome in your suit." He pushed himself away from the wall and walked towards his date, linking arms with him. "Yes, lets go. It's freezing out here." Connor took a few steps forward leading Lady inside. The grand hall was absolutely gorgeous, decorations were set up perfectly and students already flooded the dance floor. Connor turned to Lady with the smile still on his face, "What do you want to do first? I haven't danced in a long time, so you're going to have to teach me."

ooc;ha sorry. Rush post, trying to study for finals ;-;

Metal ManipulationMetal ManipulationSize ManipulationWeight ManipulationPain ManipulationInvisiblity

┊ Character Pages ┊
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

Beata Bucks : 1476

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:01 pm

Jonathan wasn't exactly the most observant man in the world, but he could see as clear as day that she was visibly surprised by him talking to her. Which he jotted down in his mental diary as odd. She was quite pretty, dressed cutely in a navy dress with a white bow to cinch her waist it. Also she was kinda standing right next to a large punch bowl which was illuminated by quite a few lights around. Social outcast maybe? Shy? Or she was here to drink a few to help her through this event which was getting quite couple-y. In which case, he was in no position to judge, he wasn't joking when he said he was planning to drink a few glasses on the spot. Even he, Jonathan Kent, pink haired social butterfly, at times needed the aid of alcohol to lubricate social situations. But before he could reply, another girl interrupted.

"Punchbowl?" He questioned, before turning to face the newcomer. There was no getting around it. She was hot. The aqua dress didn't do too much for her hair, in his opinion, but with an ample cleavage like that, a dish rag would have sufficed. That, plus her easy confidence filled with charm, she was the sort of girl that he wouldn't mind a tumble with and then some. But a loud thud interrupt his train of thought and brought clarity to this moment.

Ah yes. Punch bowl girl. Who apparently, Aqua girl couldn't see. "If punch bowls come this life-like and pretty, I might be partial to speaking to one or two." He winked at the Punch bowl girl. "But I tend to prefer beautiful sheilas." He tilted his head, smiling crookedly in that way he knew looked good.

-

"Ah, no. You don't have to."
She quickly spoke, touching his arm lightly in a gentle grip. She felt weirdly shy about this, but she pushed aside her self-consciousness. Barry had chosen to spend tonight with her, it wouldn't do to be a wilting daisy now. "Actually, I'd like to dance with you. I'm not very good, but it looks fun?" Cassandra's gaze was off to the side as she finished speaking, staring off at a speck of snow to avoid meeting Barry's gaze directly. "You don't have to say yes, I might step on your feet or something." She couldn't help double back on her words, despite her intention of being confident. This was all new to her.

so many kids, please stop this sinful hand
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild
Sanic Master

Beata Bucks : 1364

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:08 pm

Barry chuckled. "I'd love to dance with you Cass." he replied, "But I'm not very good either, so this might get interesting." he smiled at her, grabbing the Summer's hand and leading her out onto the dance floor. He stopped at around the middle of the floor and put one hand on her waist and keeping the other one intwined in her fingers. "Uh... now what?" he asked, going slightly red.

Erik MaximoffParis AndrewsFauntleroy Jones IIIBobbi CookKaito IshikawaSophie Elliot

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice
Ice Ice Baby

Beata Bucks : 2360

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:56 pm

Maria examined the boy she talked to as he spoke. She noticed him looking her over but pretended not to notice. Give it a few seconds and he's mine. She gave a smirk when she heard the loud thud, but chose to ignore it. Yep. Definitely some ghost kid. "Well. I think I can arrange a fun night for you my friend." The fair girl walked over to the punch bowl and poured a glass for herself. "To the night ahead of us!" She raised the glass and cheered.

Pepper stood there when a voice above her took her by surprise. "Whoa!" She peeped, taking a step away from the boy, but relaxed when he seemed familiar. "Sorry, you scared me." She laughed. "Do I know you?" She asked, curious.

"No...Of course not." Jake chuckled. "I wouldn't be bored watching paint dry, if I was with you." He smiled, slightly adjusting his hand on her hip to a more comfortable position.

Louis ~~~~~~~ Pepper ~~~~~~~ Jake ~~~~~~~ Maria ~~~~~~~ Freya

Character Pages

Bridget ~~~~~ Renji ~~~~~. Hannah ~~~~ Jaxson ~~~~. Chance ~~~~~ Rex

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feather

Beata Bucks : 4923

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:13 pm

Magnolia had never had never been truly punctual. Tonight was no exception, and the girl hurriedly bee lined across campus. It had taken forever to do her hair, but she believed the outcome was more than worth it. Outside, the chilly December air bit through her thin dress but her excitement kept her from caring. The gym was nearing and she slowed her pace, hoping she had not drug her white dress through anything too nasty.

Entering the gym was like entering a winter forest. Snow fell on Maggie's bare shoulders but almost instantly melted, as if she had conjured the whole scene up in her imagination. The marble floors sparkled as the twinkling lights danced on them. Many couples danced too, the dance floor a sea of different colored dresses and swirling skirts. Unintentionally, Magnolia smoothed her white dress. The gown clung to her torso, but flowed just below her waist. The long sleeves hugged her arms but fell off her shoulders. She felt like she belong in the artificial winter wood. It had taken and hour or so, but just before she dance she had willed a crown of holly to adorn her hair, its bright red berries glistening against the waxy green leaves.

What was there to do in such a busy place though? Although she was late, she was thankful that no one had really seemed to notice her when she walked in. Maybe I should get something to drink and sit down, this is so much to take in! Maggie thought, shrugging past a few bystanders to make it to the punch bowl. There were quite a few large crystal bowls full of red punch, but the students seemed to be crowding around one in particular. There seemed to be nothing special about the punch, but Maggie made her way towards the bowl and poured herself a cup anyways. There weren't many familiar faces, but out of the corner of her eye, Maggie saw something glimmer. She looked over, and just across the table was a snowflake necklace. Something about it seemed so familiar, but the harder she thought, the less she remembered. I've seen that before. What was it about that necklace that was so familiar. She looked up and met a pair of familiar eyes. It was like a freight train wrecked in her mind, spewing memories as if they were wreckage. Evelyn, the drunk girl. For some reason, Maggie looked away almost instantly. It was as if the punch in her hand was suddenly much more interesting. Knocking the glass back, Maggie swallowed a mouthful of the sugar sweet liquid. The red nectar burned as it went down, but it was nothing like the green haired girl had ever felt before. It taste to much like Kool-Aid to throw her off though, so she took another sip and met Evelyn's eyes once more.

Something about the girl made Maggie uncomfortable, as if she shouldn't look at her. It was almost an overwhelming urge, but not impossible to resist. Ever since the night that she had basically drug Eve home, Magnolia had wanted to know her story. What agitated her into drinking so much, and why was she so shy? Coincided with these questions were ones that talking to Eve couldn't solve. Why did Maggie feel the need to talk to her, to get to know her? She hadn't met anyone this interesting at the school thus far, but she wanted to know Evelyn's story, and all about her powers. Magnolia smiled at Evelyn, her cheeks flushed from the chilly air she'd previously endured. Some unknown force willed her eyes away from the strange girls though. Maggie filled her cup with more punch, and sat down at a nearby table, all questions of Evelyn strangely dissipated. What had she just been doing? Confusion and something unfamiliar began to cloud Magnolia's mind, but she pushed the thoughts away and focused on her drink, taking another swallow.

Bottom Pillow

Beata Bucks : 5173

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:28 am

Soda and chips. It wasn't the classiest kind of food for a formal ball, but it looked like they weren't exactly the classiest people anyways. Kayla took another swig, still glaring into the crowd with her back leaned against the table. "And do what?" She was tempted to agree with him, but what else was there to do? Kick around in the infirmary? Go skip stones back at the lake? Even if being around all this cheesiness made her nauseous, it was still better than killing time out there while everyone was in here. And, if she was being honest with herself, she was curious on who was going to win the royalty tonight. Her roommate was the frontrunner for king. Kayla gestured to the punch and popped another sugar cookie into her mouth. "There's a bowl for you to puke in," she said in between bites.

Jane couldn't help but giggle. She hadn't taken him as the corny type. "Now what are you trying to say?" she said. "I'm flattered, but I don't think watching paint dry is my idea of fun. If you ever want to take me out on a date sometime, I think I'd prefer something more exciting." Something she hadn't done a hundred times before, anyways. "Watching grass grow is a bit low on my list, but if you think you can keep me entertained, I'll be up for it."

Agh...

Evelyn wilted under the wink, a tinge of red blooming across her cheeks. Was he trying to get a rise out of her? It felt like he was trying to turn her into the butt of a joke that was way too over her head. She quaffed down another glass and turned her gaze down to her shoes, shuffling her feet. Too antsy. This whole situation was more discomfort than she'd signed up for. How did he notice her, anyways? Can't you go flirt somewhere else? The room was full of lovey-dovey dancing couples. They didn't need to use her as a pawn for their banter.

And of course, the other girl just talked right over her. Something about her, the way she talked, the way she carried herself, it made her simmer. But of course she couldn't say anything. Evelyn tapped away at the glass and fiddled with her thumbs, her eyes wandering back over the bowl, the girl, the pink-haired boy with the accent. That's when she saw her. Evelyn froze up like a deer in headlights.

Maggie.

Why here? In this huge crowd, how did they end up finding each other again?

Evelyn glanced away. Maybe she hadn't noticed her. Maybe it was just coincidence. But even still, she feel her heartbeat racing in her chest. That whole night was a haze, but she could remember all emotions well enough, a mixed cocktail that was two parts awkwardness and one part mortifying. Kill me.

No. No. No need to panic. It was alright, right? Sure, that guy had fluked into seeing her, but...

She looked up and caught her smile. Evelyn smiled back, instinctively, and looked back down again, her eyes fluttering back down to her drink.

Fuck, she thought, still smiling. She could feel her face heating up and a strange, flighty feeling in her chest, something that came awfully close to 'fight-or-flight.' It was just a dance. Some smalltalk over a punch bowl wouldn't hurt.

"Um..." The word was left hanging in the air, barely heard over the din and chatter of the Grand Hall. She glanced to the others, and then to Maggie again. Her throat felt dry. The words wouldn't come out. "H-Hi..." That was it. She washed it down with another glass of punch.

Evelyn eyed Maggie's cup out of the corner of her eye. Did she know? Should she say something?

...It probably wasn't worth it.

Beata Bucks : 783

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:29 am

Myles smiled at that, sarcastic humor always got to him for some reason "Prolly make the taste better, it tastes like they put every type of bottom shelf alcohol they could find, you're pretty much drinking rubbing alcohol. I may drink but I don't drink to seem cool or whatever, I drink for a good time and what better to start a good time then with a good taste?" Myles popped another chip in his mouth and washed it down with a sip of Dr Pepper. To be brutally honest, he'd drink the rubbing alcohol concoction if he really wanted to get drunk, but due to the only real person willing to talk to his cowboy self hating drunks, he decided he'll just have a couple shots of Clear when he got back to his dorm.  " And, well I dunno, walk n talk, get ourselves into trouble. Find something, it's always better than being shunned by tha population ya know? Guess it don't matter too much t' me but I'dguess someone will be finding out about the flying vending machine when the punch starts to run out and the lightweights need some water when they start to pass out."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

Beata Bucks : 1476

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:52 pm

Cassandra had been so nervous of stuffing up. It seemed almost inevitable, but no, it was fine. This wasn't her first formal dance, and she knew how to waltz at least, her mother always said that a lady should know such basic things, even if it's the thirties. Feminism had come far, but her mother had always been quite old school about some things. "Okay." She said both to herself and to Barry, who held her correctly, but seemed stumped on where to go from here. "You lead since you're the guy. Right foot forward, then left foot to the side. Then left foot back, right foot to the side." The Summer did the reverse, trying to show him how it was done. She had quite a serious expression on her face, mouth scrunched up as she concentrated on saying the reverse of what she was doing. Realising she may have sounded a little too instructional like her dance teacher always did, she looked up from glancing at their feet, and smiled brightly at her partner. "It's okay if we mess up. It's been a long time for me as well."

-

At first it was a niggling feeling, but now it was kinda bothering him.

Aqua girl was easy on the eyes, so sure of the attention she commanded and how desirable she was. She was everything that drew Jonathan in like a moth, nothing like a girl who was sure of herself and her own worth. But he couldn't quite give in to the temptation to flit off with her. The way Punch Bowl girl looked at him, surprised that he could even see her, and her quiet breathy voice that sounded unused to casual conversation guilt tripped him majorly. He couldn't just leave her to stand by the punch bowl getting drunk off the brandy that it had been liberally laced with.

"To the night ahead of all of us." He replied to Aqua girl's toast, emphasising the 'all' while glancing over at Punch Bowl girl. Jonathan finished up his glass, drinking even the dregs that had settled while he'd been chatting with a flick back of his glass, before topping it all up again. "So, the name's Jonathan. What can I call you lovely ladies?" He played up the accent as he asked them, speaking a little louder than usual to be heard over the murmuring crowds. Music was still playing, and there were more than a few people dancing together.

so many kids, please stop this sinful hand
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild
Sanic Master

Beata Bucks : 1364

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:20 pm

Barry listened as Cassandra explained what to do and thought that she looked cute when she was concentrating. He watched as she demonstrated what she was supposed to do. He nodded and smiled back at her. "I'll probably be the one who messes up, you seem to know what you're doing." he told her, laughing slightly. He attempted to replicate what she told him he was supposed to do, hoping he doesn't step on Cass' feet. 'Right foot forward, left foot to the side. Left foot back, right foot to the side.' he told himself mentally as he occasionally looked down at their feet to make sure he was doing it right. He smiled as he looked back up at his date, and couldn't stop thinking of how beautiful she looked.

OOC: Layering on all the cheesiness |D

Erik MaximoffParis AndrewsFauntleroy Jones IIIBobbi CookKaito IshikawaSophie Elliot

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Best Chat Pet

Beata Bucks : 2191

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:35 pm

Listening to Leo's second pun, she grumbled and was ready to shove a fist down his throat. One was fine... But two? On the same topic? She thought he was better then that. Rolling her eyes, Keirsta crossed her arms.

When the subject of Aleta turned up though, and her boyfriend started talking 100 miles a minute, it made her confused. Taking his questions one at a time, Keirsta inhaled before going to answer what she knew. But he wouldn't shut up... Finally, she just threw her hand over his mouth, shushing him before she'd go on screaming at him. At least she had the decency to do such a thing.

"Yes, Aleta's finally not being a hermit. You should not be concerned for her wellbeing, she was rather happy to go. Devin was the one who asked her to the formal, as friends, might I add. Her dress is fine, and she looks really cute. Sheevenletmedoherhair." The last part of her little speech was answered quickly, with a bit of a proud tone to it as she thought about the work she had done. Considering it's length, Keirsta had been able to accomplish a rather nice style for what she had to work with.

"But Leo... Let's just enjoy our night together, okay? I'll... go get a bit more punch."

Disappearing quickly to grab more punch, the quickly growing crowd made Keirsta bite her lip as she had to file through them all. Too many people already... I wonder about the ballot results... Seeing that her name had been on the ballot, she wasn't allowed to tally up the votes, and instead another Prefect had been given the task. Hoping silently that it was more than one Prefect doing so, Keirsta poured two more cups of Punch before going back to Leo's side.

Handing the cup to him, she gave him a polite smile as she took a sip of the stronger punch. Now that was the kick she had been waiting for, and it filled her quickly with a happy buzz. But then it hit her, and she smacked her forehead and groaned. Leo still didn't know the punch was spiked... He'd be having even more of it too... She hoped that he wouldn't black out, that'd be terrible. If he could at least last until the votes were announced...

Rules | Creations | PM Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feather

Beata Bucks : 4923

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:28 pm

Maggie sat at her table, enviously starring down the gentleman and girl talking to Evelyn. He proposed a toast and something inside her twisted, as if she could hurl at any moment. Of course, she wasnt actually nauseous but her stomach flipped as if she was. With a tip of her head, she downed the rest of her drink. Something about the punch gave her strength to do what she was scheming up.

The plan hadn't been completely drawn out before she began phase one. The plan was, non chalantly get more punch, but also intercept Evelyn's conversation with the other two students. Magnolia found herself feverishly standing, over come with new courage. She strutted to the bowl , in between Jonathan and Eve. On the outside, she was composed and collected, unsuspiciously pouring herself another glass of punch. On the inside, her brain was doing a victory dance as if she had just won the lottery. Her gaze was attracted to the punch, it's red swirling depths so beautifully contrasted against the stark white table cloth. Maggie was painfully aware that Evelyn was next to her, and her skin burned as if the tiny blonde girl was giving off some sort of heat."I didn't mean to um... Interrupt." The Spring girl lied, blush dancing slowly across her cheeks. Oh but she had meant to interrupt, she had wanted to interrupt this strange Jonathan character from speaking to Evelyn.

Yet poor little Maggie was still very shy, no matter what liquid courage the punch gave her.

She took another mouthful of the red drink, smiling as it burned. Alcohol was completely new to Maggie, even if she was unsuspecting of the tainted Kool-Aid. The feeling it gave her was almost as feverish as how she felt being close to Evelyn. Why did she get so nervous around the girl?

Queen of Shotas

Beata Bucks : 2934

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:26 pm

His mouth closed shut as her delicate hand covered his mouth in a attempt to keep him from speaking. It worked, although it didn't necessarily sooth his worries. As she spoke, his eyes widened uncharacteristically larger. Devin? Since when where they to- Oh. Just as friends. A thoughtful look crossed his face. What would his father do? Most likely demand to know who this boy was. No, Leo already knew him. His thoughts about how he should react were stopped by Keirsta, who was watching him with those eyes of hers.

Did he always find himself staring into them like this? Honestly, he wasn't sure. But as of then, Keirsta had his full attention. He could only nod, agreeing to focus on he and Keirsta tonight. Not fret about Devin and Aleta. No matter how much he wanted to run over to his sister and coo about her.

Resigning himself, the blond waited patently for Keirsta to return. She hadn't let him go and get the punch yet. Which made him feel a bit bad. He was the one who was supposed to be getting the drinks. Not her. Yet she went anyways. Eventually, his blue eyes lost her in the crowd. A good minute or so later, she returned with drinks in hand.

Gingerly taking the cup from her, he gave her a thanks before taking a swig. Leo flinched once again. His eyebrows scrunching up at the strong taste that the punch gave. It tasted weird. Honestly, he wasn't sure what to think of it yet. It didn't taste bad, but nor did it taste good. "Dos every punch taste like this?" The beginning of his sentence slurred a bit. Barely noticeable. Did it feel a bit foggy to anyone?

A laugh escaped Griffin as he led her inside. "Honestly, me either." It was a miracle he had stayed out in the cold that long without getting frostbite. Well, that was an exaggeration. But it really was cold outside. The blond led his date inside, his blue eyes widening as he took in the beautiful decoration that the school had prepared. The snowflakes were a gorgeous addition to the scenery. It honestly looked like a fairy tale. "They really went all out, didn't they?"

Aleta didn't know either. "Mine too. My school back at home didn't like having parties..." She trailed off as Keirsta approached the table, most likely aiming to get some punch. The girl gave her brother's girlfriend a smile and turned away once Keirsta had left with their drinks. "What do you see the others doing, maybe?" Her dark eyes scanned the room. Some were dancing, others just seemed to be chatting the night away. Didn't seem like much of a help. Besides, Aleta hadn't danced since... 4th grade for a class recital?

Bottom Pillow

Beata Bucks : 5173

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:54 am

He had a point, but since when did she ever care about being shunned? It wasn't anything new. She could've showed up in the most glittery dress money could buy and people would still turn their nose up at her. If anything, it'd be worse to go and hide away from the crowd. Plus, 'walking n' talking' wasn't exactly her idea of fun. "Nobody will give a shit about the vending machine," she muttered. She'd caused an explosion in the infirmary at least twice now and it'd only earned her a slap on the wrist. "Most of the prefects are here dancing. Do you think any of them want to try and take me down for the Headmaster?" An arc of electricity cracked over her head like a whip as if to demonstrate her point. They might chip a nail or ruffle their suits. Kayla took another swig. Honestly, she'd like to see them try. It'd liven up her night, at least. "If you wanna leave, then feel free."

Oh. Jonathan. Right. That was a nice name. It had a ring to it. Jon. She couldn't help but feel a glimmer of gratitude that he hadn't steamrolled right over her and cut her out, even if she wasn't exactly a willing participant in this whole conversation. The tone of their flirtation changed a bit with that. Evelyn ever-so-slightly raised her punch, but let it lower back down again as Jon's glass clinked against the other girl's. One step at a time. "I... I-I'm Evelyn..." It felt wrong to answer, like the question hadn't even been directed at her, but there was still some satisfaction in letting her presence be known. For once.

This was okay, right? Maybe the alcohol was getting to her head, but she felt herself standing up a little straighter. Her eyes wandered over to wh—ohfuckshewascomingrightthisway. Evelyn pretended not to notice. No, wait, that was rude. So she glanced back over to her, a little too quickly, as Maggie slid in right between her and Jon. Punch. Right. She was just getting punch. But there was no way they could just ignore this, and pretend like they didn't know each other. They'd already noticed each other, and now they were standing right side by side, and... oh, damn it, why did she feel so antsy? Her face was heating up, her stomach was all twisted up in knots, her head was so light that she thought she was going to faint. Did she have a fever or something? She didn't remember walking in with a fever... Evelyn took a quick sip to burn the anxiety way. She was just nervous. That was it. The last time she'd seen her, she'd had twigs in her hair and her shirt had been inside out. It was normal to be nervous. Did she have to stand so close?

Evelyn couldn't bring herself to widen the distance between them, so she just stood there and stared into her drink. When she spoke, she almost jumped in her skin. "N-N-No, i-it's fine... really... You w-weren't interrupting anything, heh..." The words came tumbling out of her mouth in her rush to allay any... um, concern. "Um..." That felt like an improper greeting, didn't it? "Y-You l-l-look really r-really n-nice tonight..." Was that an awkward thing to say? Evelyn pushed the glass to her lips and took another swallow, just trying her best to play it cool. That wasn't an awkward thing to say, was it? But it wasn't like she was lying... It was a pretty dress. White was a good color on her. "I, um, like your hair." There was a holly circlet resting on her head, a fresh bright and green. Very... Christmas-y. It was cute.

She took another sip and turned her head away, mentally kicking herself.

Beata Bucks : 783

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:17 pm

Myles raised an eyebrow, sighing lightly after Kayla said her last remark. He pursed his lips together before trying to find the correct words to word his sentence.  After he found them he said "Well, you're the only person that's talked t' me besides at the entrance with some...Luce kid who said hi then went to take a leak, and some infared girl who got scared off or somethin'.  First of all, you are literally the only person here who seems to have wanted to talk to me, I guess for their own stupid reason people don't want to talk to someone wearing a cowboy hat and a pair a' boots. But it's just so...weird, down in Texas, I was always talked to, everyone was kinda into me.  Now that I'm in a whole new place it's like no one knows where to put me, guess cause I'm not some introvert crying an' whinin' about not havin' any friends like I'm kinda doin' right now to make a point."  He shrugged, it was true back down South he used to be the guy everyone kinda knew.  He seemed to blend with the crowd there, but always had something that made his stick out a bit more.  But now, he stuck out like a sore thumb and this wasn't the kinda sticking out he liked, but going with it was his motto so he did just that, though this was his first conversation with somebody who was actually willing to not treat him like an outcast.  Though it might be cause she was a bit of an outcast herself and as Myles said earlier, misery loves company.  So he finished the chips, downed the Dr Pepper and after swallowing his last sip he said with a smile "So long story short, if you're stayin', I am too."

Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Third Annual Winter Formal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: School Grounds :: Grand Hall-
Jump to: