Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

The Third Annual Winter Formal

Go down 
+18
Watch
Feather
Binder
Night
Silver
Falcon
Fish
Crystal
Echo
Icee
Wild
Shadow
Ebony
Splotch
Badger
Ice
Kitty
Sleepy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

Beata Bucks : 8630

The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 11:05 pm

Aspen's mood was becoming funky but she wanted too get in spirit so she figured it was good if she got slightly crazy! The autumn blinked when Louis had looked confused and the autumn smiled. "Yeah you dummy!" She said with a highpitched giggle as she rocked in her chair and thanking Louis when he had brought her the punch. "Thanks a lot hon!" Quickly grabbing the drink the autumn had pressed the cup too her lips as she sipped it, slamming the cup on the table and glancing back at Louis. Aspen had squinted her eyes she never recalled meeting this young.. fine man before. Smiling the autumn cocked her head giving the boy a questioning look. "Don't think I've met you before! Whats your na--" Aspen had let out a extremely loud belch.. She wasn't entirely sure who had heard her but hey she wasn't embarrassed. Batting at the air too clear away the smell the autumn covered her mouth with her hand before laughing. "Excuse me jesus!" The autumn said as she leaned back into her comfortable chair. "A-Anyways.. Whats your name again?" Aspen asked giving him a small wink before answering before Louis could say anything. "My name is Aspen!! Want my numbeeer?" The autumn said smoothly flirting with this dude she didn't even know. "Oh.. and some more punch please?"
Back to top Go down
Fish

Fish

Beata Bucks : 9998

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 11:11 pm

Noah sucked a long breath in as he stood before the entrance of the Grand Hall, eager to intake the atmosphere of the dance.

He'd selected his best formal attire for the occasion. Over a tidy white dress shirt, he wore a cream-coloured blazer. It complimented the shape of his torso perfectly without being too movement-restrictive, and to that he was thankful. The pocket edges and neckline of the blazer were lined with silky black fabric, which appeared to contrast the lightness of the rest of the jacket nicely. A small black bow-tie had been fastened as the collar of Noah's dress shirt to match the lining. He also sported chalky grey slacks - Not to short, not too long. Going along nicely with his slacks were a pair of leather dress shoes - clean-cut and stitched with the uttermost precision. His ruddy hair was combed back neatly, set in place with a bit of gel.

He couldn't consider himself a very formal or reserved person, but Noah was rather glad to be present. He had fond memories of school dances that he'd attended in the past.. Losing all his energy on the dance floor, spiking the punch while the teachers' eyes were averted, sharing a few laughs with friends, unsuccessfully bribing the bands and DJs with pocket change to play his favourite songs, getting a little lip action from his date in the back corner.. He'd gotten kicked out an hour in, but it had been fun, so that was all that counted, right?

Sniffing amusingly as his reminiscence, Noah stepped into the Grand Hall, silently reminding himself that he had no intention of getting booted out and suspended this time around. Almost instantly, his amber-coloured eyes widened with pleasant surprise as he entered the vicinity and beheld what it had become.

It was unlike any dance he'd ever been to, that was for sure. Synthetic trees seemed to grow out of the flooring, their spindly white branches reaching high above the heads of the attendees. Strings of pale lights hung from the trees - faux stars, casting bright, reflective flecks across the the meticulously-polished marble flooring below. Tiny snowflakes fluttered down from the ceiling, winking away a mere moment before touching any of the students' heads. To tie it all together, soft instrumental music emanated from the band at the opposite end of the hall, prompting the dancing couples onward in their waltz.

Holy cow.. The staff sure spared no expense on the decorations, Noah thought, tucking his hands into the pockets of his slacks as he wandered forward, still a little awestruck at the grandeur of the setting. Eventually, the Autumn wound up at the punch bowls, cup in hand. There were several options to choose from, and being indecisive, he quickly selected one at random and filled his glass. Moving off to the side a little as not to block anyone from the punch, Noah half-sat on the end of the beverage table and took a hefty swig of his drink.

The redhead was moderately surprised at the burning sensation that travelled down his throat as he drank. The speedster brought the glass to his nose, inhaled deeply, and grinned. Well, looks like someone already cut me to the chase and dumped brandy into the punch.. Heh, good on them. The fruity aroma of the punch itself was nearly enough to mask the alcoholic scent - Nearly. With one more tip of his cup, he'd downed the punch completely. Unsurprisingly, he found himself wanting to fetch more, so he did exactly that.

Once he'd poured himself a rather generous second glass, Noah seated himself back down on the edge of the table, taking periodic sips of his beverage as he watched people flit about.

I wonder if Empress Bratty-Child is going to show up.

Empress Bratty-Child, being Kyou, was nowhere to be seen, however.

The thought came out of seemingly nowhere. Noah (thankfully) hadn't seen his room-mate for the past two hours, but he could only assume that she'd been planning to make an appearance at the dance.. Being a bubbly little nitwit, and all.

She probably locked herself in her room caking her face up with make-up, the Autumn decided, scoffing as he raised his glass up to his lips again. Briefly, he wondered about who her date might possibly be - if she had one, for that matter - but dismissed the question as swiftly as it had come to mind.

Before he knew it, Noah's second drink had came and went, and he was nearly half-way through his third. He could feel a slight tingle in his fingers.

Last edited by Merry Fishmas on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:31 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

Beata Bucks : 11530

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 11:13 pm

Nervous, cold, anxious, worried: all Grace, all night. After helping Alicia with getting the formal ready, she had gone back to her room to change. Of course, that had led to her fretting about her new gown, and then about herself in general… and now she was late, half-running to get there before too much time had passed and half-walking to avoid tripping over herself. She felt like a complete mess, and the only reason she hadn't already chickened out wasn't known to her. She just knew that she was still going.

When she got in, she was immediately awestruck by the room's splendor. With snow coming down softly, it looked like a real winter wonderland. Shaking her head, she realized she needed to find Alicia, and try to apologize without fainting. Scanning the room, then walking around for a bit, feeling out of place and nearly shivering, she finally saw a familiar face: there she was. Hurrying over to Alicia, and nearly knocking herself over trying to avoid running into someone in the process, she reached her date, panting softly. "S-Sorry I'm late, I-I…" Was worried I wasn't good enough? Could she actually say that? That probably wasn't very endearing. "I-I was just t-trying to look okay and l-lost track of time…" Sort of true.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12295

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 12:14 am

So he got headaches, and she was a walking tazer. They'd both struck the genetic lottery when they were born with gifts, but nothing was perfect. She gave a terse nod of agreement, gravitated a few metal cans into her hand for later, and walked back down the hall without another word. Someone else could handle the mess. If anyone asked, she didn't know anything about it. Kayla cracked the Dr. Pepper cap off with her teeth as she crossed the dance floor, bumping past some stupid auburn-haired bimbo on her way that was swaying along with—. . . wait a minute.

She glanced over her shoulder. That was Preston and his date.

Kayla wrinkled up her face and gave a small huff, sparks crackling around her head, and kept walking. Figures.

Jane grinned and tilted her head. "I don't know. Do you consider yourself the graceful type?" she asked. "I've danced with a guy or two before. I think I can spot them where I see them." Truth be told, she was just teasing. There wasn't all that much to it, and so far, he hadn't crushed her toes, so he was as good as anybody could get at slow dancing so far. Hopefully things would pick up later in the night. She couldn't stay at this slow pace forever, and she wanted to see this place liven up a bit.

A jolting shock shot up her back as someone else brushed past her. Jane's eyes widened, almost stumbling, but she managed to keep her feet despite her heels working against her. She glanced at the lazily dressed girl as she shoved past on her way back to the snack table, a soda bottle in her hand. Another familiar face.

The momentary interruption passed, and she was smiling again before anyone could blink. "But you're right. You're not too shabby."
Back to top Go down
Spinkulele

Spinkulele

Beata Bucks : 7758

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 4:39 am

Myles weaved his way through the crowd, keeping up closely with Kayla. Every person he passed made a similar lovey dovey remark to a second. He almost threw up in his mouth. It wasn't the fact that they were trying to be happy, but baby talk was the worst- Especially when everybody was saying the same thing. He noticed her stop and her expression change with a raised eyebrow. He took a sip of his water as she stepped off, continuing to follow her, another group giving a lovey dovey remark. Man this is giving me a headache. Then he remembered the dull pain over his head, he quickly downed the rest of his water, sighing lightly as he continued to follow the under-dressed girl wondering where she was going.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8370

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 2:37 pm

Barry nodded. "It looks beautiful." he said, watching Cass try and touch a snowflake. He couldn't wait to spend the night here with her. She looked so amazing. "I hope it's always this way. This is gorgeous." he replied, answering his date's question. He followed her eyes to the table with the food and the funky-tasting punch. "Are you hungry? I can get us something if you want me to. Just don't get the punch. I think it's been spiked. It tastes disgusting."
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

Beata Bucks : 9353

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 5:25 pm

Jake gave an inside laugh. "True." He smiled but was a bit worried when she said "I've danced with a guy or two." Oh come on, seriously? You're going to let that ruin your night? Loosen up. Have a little fun. The tall student soon noticed a particularly informal looking girl  walk past the two. "A little undressed, don't ya think?" He whispered to Jane, knowing she noticed the girl also.
After a little while of dancing, Jake couldn't help but feel a bit...bored. "Slow dancing is nice and all, but do you think the band could play a more...I don't know...fast paced song?" He said in a slight teasing tone. Even though part of him liked the slow music, getting to enjoy time with Jane and talk with her.

Pepper stood in the same spot she had been standing in for who knows how long. She watched the couples chat and dance but kept an eye on Cayden. In all honesty, she didn't know whether to just let it go or worry that he might come talk to her.

For a while, Maria simply observed. She saw couples walk in, some all lovey dovey, some more awkward. After a while she saw a pink haired boy stand by the punch bowl. Well, at least he looks a bit decent. She said and decided to have a chat with him sense he didn't seem to have a date. Walking over to the student, she couldn't help notice he was talking to...air? Maybe there's a ghost student? Or he's just a lunatic. "Hey there. Having fun talking to the punch bowl?" Maria said with her cute giggle.

Louis was kinda done. Besides the fact that it was over stimulating, he had no one to dance with and was sitting next to a drunk girl. The night couldn't get worse or better. "I'm Louis..." He was cut off by her belch. "I am actually gonna go, sorry." He said standing up. "I hope we can talk later though." Louis said smiling. He gave one last glance towards Pepper again, who didn't notice him and walked out the door. Where do I go now? The blonde thought. He recalled some students talking about an Infirmary formal, what ever that was, so he decided to go check it out.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

Beata Bucks : 11596

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 5:57 pm

"Old thing? Really?" Richard was surprised. He'd never seen the dress before but he really liked it. However, he paused for a moment when she had called him handsome. That was a rarity. His smile grew into a grin as he bashfully looked to the ground for a moment. "Oh, thanks," he replied before looking back up at her again. Everything about her was just absolutely beautiful. "You look beautiful..." he repeated, suddenly realizing he had already told her. Immediately feeling stupid, he continued digging the hole. "I.. I already practically told you, but... You do. Um.. do you want anything? Snack, drink? There's uh... There's plenty over there. I can get something for you."
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12295

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 6:50 pm

Evelyn had been absorbed in her punch. She hadn't even realized that the guy with the accent was even talking to her at first. When the realization struck, she almost jumped in her skin, glancing up from her cup to the young man and then back to her cup again. "O-Oh, um..." Had she been that conspicuous? It wasn't like she'd been tucked away in some dark corner or something, but everywhere else, everyone glanced right past her like she wasn't even there. "Y-... Yeah..."

She finally met his eye, as best she could anyways, gave him an awkward smile, and returned her gaze back into her reflection in the punch.

It wasn't anything new, but the other girl showing up made her flinch. All glitter, glamour, and easy confidence. She had a perfect giggle and a smile like a jackal sizing up her prey. Just him chatting up a punch bowl. Right. That was her cue to slip away and fade out of the conversation, but for some stupid reason, she stood her ground, quaffed down her punch, and slammed it on the table loud enough to draw their attention. Maybe it was the alcohol.

"Hello." Her voice strained with the effort to speak up.

Was that it? It didn't feel like enough, and nothing else came to mind, but she'd inserted herself into the conversation.

Without another word, she started refilling her glass.

Kayla stopped by the table, where they'd been before. Her half-filled cup was still resting on the table, untouched. She pushed it aside so she didn't have to look at it. Maybe some other drunk would want it. Or maybe her cowboy companion. An electric current flickered down her arm. Now what? Maybe coming here to begin with was a huge waste of time. She grabbed at a random snack from one of the frosted glass plates on the table, some sort of winter-themed sugar cookie, and popped it in her mouth. This whole thing is stupid.

Yeah, just a little. She didn't pay it any mind. "Maybe they will. They're just getting us warmed up so far." Jane glanced up to the band on stage and smiled. "Why? Are you getting bored of me already?" she teased. Something more upbeat would be more exciting. She wasn't exactly the romantic type.
Back to top Go down
Spinkulele

Spinkulele

Beata Bucks : 7758

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 7:08 pm

Myles popped open his Dr Pepper after tossing his empty water bottle in a trashcan near the table.  He knew it would be alitlle while before the medicine kicked in so he just  lookied at the contents of the buffet, scooped up a bag of chips, and stopped by Kayla again.  What to do now?  He set his bottle aside popping open the Lays bag-o-air taking a chip and crunching on it, looking out to the crowd. "Well to me I think this is a bit too romantic for a couple of under-dressed people with no intention of being...well romantic.  And I dunno about you, but if I hear one more repeat of the same lovey dovey puppy talk I think I'm gonna puke."  It might or might not have been true as his headache still had yet to subside, but he thought to let that statement be unsaid.  He just sipped at his soda as his eye color gradually began to return to it's original light blue.  He kept snacking and sipping, waiting for the question to be answered as the couples either shunned or had no knowledge of the dynamic duo, destroyer of vending machines.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Beata Bucks : 8994

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 7:09 pm

Jillian eagerly drank the punch Sean had handed her, ignoring the strange, slightly bitter taste it had. She had finally washed down the dry, salty crackers when Sean complimented her. Her face heated up with a bright blush and she picked up a napkin so she could hide her face a little and soak up a bit of punch that lingered around the corners of her mouth.
Finally, she put the napkin down and said back, "Th-thank you. I think you look very handsome tonight," She twisted and tore at the napkin nervously as she accepted his compliment. A slight light-headed feeling snuck into her brain and she slowly looked up and down Sean's entire body.
"You look pretty good in a suit, ya know?" Her eyes stared at him dreamily, and she took in the sight of him fully for the first time tonight.
He was dressed sharply in a gray suit with a tie that matched Jillian's dress. She smiled happily at him, and her eyes met his again. Shamelessly, she stared at him for a long minute, dazzled by him. She liked Sean a lot, but had never felt this intensely about him. Chalking it up to the tangible happiness in the air of the great hall, she moved a step forward towards him. Her golden eyes kept in contact with Sean's blue ones; it's the longest she's kept eye contact with anyone in a very long time.
She swayed a little bit in her four-inch wedges and scooted just a little closer to the attractive blond in front of her. In her mind, a few stray thoughts floated in and out. She thought about not only his looks, but also the kindness he had showed her when they first met. Jillian's thoughts jumped randomly as she thought about how happy she felt when she saw him, how wonderful his voice sounded to her ears.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

Beata Bucks : 9977

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 7:27 pm

Amelia watched the few couples that were beginning to dance with mild interest, the underdressed duo catching her attention for a moment. Wasn't that her roommate, Kayla? Oh well. Better not ask her about it. She gazes at Keirsta and Leo for a moment, a little grin forming on her face. "Aw," she couldn't help but whisper to herself.

A girl appeared not too far from her, in a very similar dress to her own. What a coincidence. She watched the two she had approached with curious eyes, although she tried her best to look like she wasn't spying or anything. The shorter girl, well, about her own height, looked to be getting slightly aggravated. Hmm.

---

Apparently they weren't the only ones to come in without much formal clothing. Heron felt awkward walking in with his usual long-sleeved shirt and jeans, the only thing winter about him being his house and the scarf perpetually wrapped around his neck and mouth. Raven had insisted that they wear something fancy, but he reminded her that he had control for the month, not her. So he went with bland clothing. Now that he came here, he felt uncomfortably out-of-place, sticking out like a sore thumb for sure.

He wanted to just float away, hang in the air above all these people. And he did. He floated through the air as a little invisible cloud, not even bothering to move out of people's way, and settled on a ledge just wide enough for him to sit on. The bowl of punch just across the hall was drawing him in, but the sheer crowd of people was enough to drown out his appetite. He didn't even mind that it was spiked.

Heron glanced down, spotting something moving below him. He shifted his leg to see it was a student. "Oh. Sorry," he said from above toward the girl standing about ten feet below. "Didn't mean to sit above you." He couldn't help but recognize her, like he'd talked to her maybe once before.

ooc-heron is talking to pepper, by the way

Last edited by Silent Night on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Binder

Binder

Beata Bucks : 10317

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Sean had a big smile on his face when Jillian complimented him back, "Thank you." He put his hands on the jacket of his suit, making sure the buttons were all clasped. "Ya think so?" He did look pretty slick, he always loved the way suits looked and was glad Jillian thought they looked good on him. He looked back up meeting up with golden eyes that were already peering upon him. He placed his hand on the blue napkin with a snowflake design, and slowly pulled it out of her hands placing it on the table. She was defiantly nervous, for that much he could tell. Sean looked back up at Jillian noticing how close she got, his blue eyes peered down to her as she attempted to keep balance with her tall shoes. He raised his hand placing it against her cold cheek and pushed her hair behind her ear. Slowly he leaned in hovering over her lips, quietly his mouth opened. "Would you like to dance, Miss Jillian?" He took a step back and reached out his hand, waiting for her to grab it and take a dance with him.

--

A smile rested upon Connor's face as Lady approached him. "Thank you! You look quite handsome in your suit." He pushed himself away from the wall and walked towards his date, linking arms with him. "Yes, lets go. It's freezing out here." Connor took a few steps forward leading Lady inside. The grand hall was absolutely gorgeous, decorations were set up perfectly and students already flooded the dance floor. Connor turned to Lady with the smile still on his face, "What do you want to do first? I haven't danced in a long time, so you're going to have to teach me."

ooc;ha sorry. Rush post, trying to study for finals ;-;
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8370

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 7:08 pm

Barry chuckled. "I'd love to dance with you Cass." he replied, "But I'm not very good either, so this might get interesting." he smiled at her, grabbing the Summer's hand and leading her out onto the dance floor. He stopped at around the middle of the floor and put one hand on her waist and keeping the other one intwined in her fingers. "Uh... now what?" he asked, going slightly red.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

Beata Bucks : 9353

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 7:56 pm

Maria examined the boy she talked to as he spoke. She noticed him looking her over but pretended not to notice. Give it a few seconds and he's mine. She gave a smirk when she heard the loud thud, but chose to ignore it. Yep. Definitely some ghost kid. "Well. I think I can arrange a fun night for you my friend." The fair girl walked over to the punch bowl and poured a glass for herself. "To the night ahead of us!" She raised the glass and cheered.

Pepper stood there when a voice above her took her by surprise. "Whoa!" She peeped, taking a step away from the boy, but relaxed when he seemed familiar. "Sorry, you scared me." She laughed. "Do I know you?" She asked, curious.

"No...Of course not." Jake chuckled. "I wouldn't be bored watching paint dry, if I was with you." He smiled, slightly adjusting his hand on her hip to a more comfortable position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Third Annual Winter Formal   The Third Annual Winter Formal - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Third Annual Winter Formal
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next