Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Night

Night

Beata Bucks : 10040

I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)   I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 9:51 pm

You'd think there weren't any Guardians at all in this school.

He'd simply walked down the halls, without a flashlight, and just waltzed right into the library. The last time he'd been here, he might have accidentally stayed reading books for bourse on end. Nobody had questioned him two years ago. Not much had happened since, so there was no need to up security around here. The only obstacle he'd found was the squeaky front door to the library. Otherwise, it'd been a piece of cake.

It bothered Rhett how easy it was to move about Beata unnoticed. Or were they just watching, unconcerned?

Anyway, Rhett closed the door behind him and casually walked to and among the shelves, scanning the titles for something interesting. Oh! There was one; a certain Of the Beasts Fauna and Flora beyond the Portal, he assumed it was about The Island. Flitting through it, he found hasty sketches of monstrous things with messy notes like, "very leg, much fast." Either the author, whose name wasn't on it, had been incredibly panicked, or the sentence structure of their dialect was extremely different.
"Maybe I'll need to know this someday, this academy is crazy."

With his left hand holding the book open, the Spring boy found his way to a table and sat on the edge. No one was here to tell him otherwise. Right as he had gotten to a page about "Shadow Mites", he heard the front door screech. Right now was not the best time to imagine a giant dark figure with a glowing grin peering through the door. To his relief, it wasn't. It was just a student, although he didn't know who. Rhett made no move to hide, his power allowed he to see them, but not the other way around. Unless they had a flashlight. He'd just scare the shit out of them then, although not on purpose.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

Beata Bucks : 9416

PostSubject: Re: I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)   I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 8:24 am

Louis woke in the dead of night, not able to go back to sleep. Maybe there is something I can read at the library? The Summer got up, not making a sound. He finally made it to the library and opened the door with a soft creek. He walked in, and shut the door. There was no one there, but he could have sworn he heard someone else. He gave a shrug and walked over to the fiction area, scanning the shelves.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)   I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 9:39 am

Although the lights had been shut off for the night, Rhett could see perfectly fine. It relieved him that no, it wasn't some lost soul looking to steal his body, but a student who was also wide awake. It would be rude to scare them. He shifted farther up onto the table, until he sat right in the center. With the book open in his lap, he alerted the other boy to his presence.

"Evening." Okay, that sounded pretentious. "Or morning. Whatever time it is now." He continued to read, but kept an eye on the fellow student.

"Couldn't sleep either?"
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)   I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 12:01 pm

Louis looked towards the voice still not seeing a student. He assumed it was someone's ability to turn invisible or something, so he just rolled with it. "Ya, I don't know why. Well I do, but that doesn't matter." The student said somewhat shyly finally finding a book he wanted. He walked over to a table. "Uh, where are you sitting? I don't want to sit on you." Louis couldn't help laugh at how weird that sounded.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)   I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 2:51 pm

Rhett wasn't completely sure how the student hadn't bumped into something yet, the only light coming from the windows high above. He turned off his power for a moment to see how much light was actually present, and it wasn't much. He flicked it back on again, not knowing his eyes had literally flashed for a moment.

The boy paused before replying. "...The center." He flipped to the next page. This one was a flower that, if you attempted to smell it, would steal your nose, as well as anything else that came too close. Weird. There wasn't much of a detailed drawing, for obvious reasons. It made him think. Why did this guy decide to write this book, anyway? They must've been incredibly brave, or incredibly stupid.

"Yeah, that might've been weird. What are you reading?" Now that he read on, this flower was extremely creepy, sadistic without even having a brain. He half wanted to close the dusty thing, but was also half curious as to what horrors also lived on The Island.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)   I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:05 pm

Louis sat down, placing the book on the table. "Oh, nothing interesting. An informational book on personalities." In all honesty, he didn't really know why he didn't really know why he was reading it. Maybe because his sister had been acting strange? But he wasn't really a fiction reader, so this kinda suited him.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)   I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:39 pm

He nodded at the book, noticing how it was so much nicer than the brick-like thing that sat on his knees. "I haven't read it, but I'm guessing it's good if you want to understand people." The brune glanced down at his book, feeling the cracked, rough pages between his fingers. The next page was, ah, never mind that. If he planned on sleeping later tonight, that page would not be the best choice. "Not sure why I chose this one. Nightmare material, this is."

Sure, it was a library, but the awkward pause wasn't necessary. "You been here long?"
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)   I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 4:19 pm

Louis listened to the other student. "I'm actually really good with people. Well, not my sister I guess." he said somewhat sadly. When the other boy asked him a question, he shook his thoughts away. "Ya, I have. I don't really know a.lot of people though." he added. "What about you?"
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)   I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 5:53 pm

The boy remembered his siblings, well, sister, and wondered when she'd be coming to this school. His older brother would have graduated by now, if it hadn't been for Rhett's dumb mistake. Better not get into that. "I'm not too great with people. I've been here, what, two years? Not sure where my friends went." He traced the outline of some creature in his book with the tip of his finger.

"Do you think she's stressed by something? I've got a sister too.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)   I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 7:31 pm

"That's the thing! I don't know what's wrong. When I try to talk to her, she makes sure to steer clear of me. And when I do mange to see her with out her knowing I'm around the corner she looks like she's in pain." He sighed. "And she is usually really fun and peppy. Hence the name Pepper." he gave a small laugh.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)   I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 9:09 pm

Rhett chuckled and touched the ink-ridge spines on the creature while he spoke. "My sister's name is Sydney. She doesn't like to talk to me either. Although that might just be because of some power issues." "Yeah, the kids don't call her 'Homewrecker' for nothing." Wait, maybe that was it! His eyes lit up, although not literally this time. "Maybe it's power related? She hasn't been improving and feels embarrassed or jealous?" Yay for diagnosing someone's problems. Maybe.

Last edited by Silent Night on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)   I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 9:28 pm

Louis partially jumped when he heard the excited voice. "Well, she's not the one to get jealous...And she hasn't acted like this since..." Louis was suddenly overwhelmed with flashbacks. "Crap. That's it! She hasn't acted like this since she totally lost control of herself a few years back! But, ya think it could happen again?" he said in a more worried tone.

ooc- btw, is he still invisible? hehe//shot
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)   I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 7:58 am

He wasn't sure if it was good that that might be it. "Is her power particularly dangerous? Maybe she just doesn't want to hurt you or anyone else?" Rhett wrote down the page number before closing the huge book to turn more towards the boy. Before he spoke again, he listened for any voices outside the library, which there was one, but it passed without incident. "Do certain situations set her power off? My sister can't stand it when people lie." Would Sydney appreciate he talking about her? Probably not.

ooc- He was never really invisible, it's just really dark.

Last edited by Silent Night on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)   I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 8:31 pm

Louis started to get really nervous. "Uh, if you consider a huge fire breathing dragon dangerous? This happened before, something made her power flip like a switch, and she just turned. Ended up destroying our summer house in Fiji."

ooc-welp//shot
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)   I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 7:24 am

A full-on dragon? That was pretty impressive. "Destroyed it on accident, or...," He said warily. How big was a dragon, anyway? A question he didn't want to find out the hard way. "I think you need to see if there are any unnecessary stresses." He drummed his fingers on the table, wondering about what to say next. Noticing the change in tone, he defided to try to lighten the mood. "Hey, we don't need you turning into a dragon either."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)   I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN) Empty

Back to top Go down

I Know It's Midnight, And I Don't Care (OPEN)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next