Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Falcon

Falcon

Beata Bucks : 11530

Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules Empty
PostSubject: Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules   Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 6:53 pm

OoC: For this topic, I'm going to post (obviously), then Sleepy, then it's open for whoever wants to join.

Jessie sat with one arm laying limply on the table, a cup of coffee held loosely in her hand. Her seat was facing the window, where the midday sun shone through like a warm and innocent annoyance; luckily, her sunglasses kept the worst of the glare out. She could rock the 'sunglasses indoors' look, certainly.

Through her tinted vision, she lazily looked at her fellow cohort before taking a sip of her coffee. Still too hot. "You know, if more of us just enrolled in the school, this would be so much easier. I'm young enough to join. Like they'd suspect anything." Despite her cavalier tone, she was tactful enough to keep her voice down, attempting another sip of her drink. That was better. Admittedly, she didn't care one way or the other what they did, but the waiting was tiresome. They had to do something; just choose.

Being a clandestine operation meant operating more behind the scenes, so maybe openly flaunting her - well, their - existence wasn't the best idea, but whatever. Anyone would likely just mistake her for a student. They spent too much time wasting it, at least in her opinion. What her colleague's opinion on the matter was was anyone's guess.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12295

PostSubject: Re: Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules   Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Ryan Patterson sat opposite on the table, resting his cheek in one hand, stirring creamer into his coffee absentmindedly with the other. There was a conspicuous white bandage on his chin, and more around his hands and hidden under his jacket, but asking about it would probably only earn you a sharp glare. It felt like he'd been seeing stars for weeks, but the embarrassment killed him more than the pain.

"Would you really want that though?" he asked in a bored tone, not looking at her. You needed a degree of caution in a place like this, but he wasn't too worried about anybody eavesdropping. The cafe was bustling with students, so their uninteresting conversation just blended into the droning buzz. Even if somebody did overhear, they'd have no idea what they were talking about. The Headmaster liked keeping them in the dark. Most of them, anyways, he thought with dull resentment, noting the throbbing ache in his jaw. "Wake up bright and early every day. Go to class. Do your homework. Join clubs. Make friends." He yawned and flicked his hair out of his eyes, gaze turned out the window. "And if you get in any trouble, which you would, they'll make you scrub floors for an entire semester. I'm getting sick just thinking about it."
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules   Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 7:31 am

Jessie just rolled her eyes as an initial response, taking a larger sip before putting the cup down and leaning back casually, glancing around at the people walking around or sitting and conversing before deciding on a response. "Well, maybe you have trouble making friends, but I'm very personable." She grinned and brushed a hand through her hair dramatically. Besides, we're all more powerful than anyone on campus. Those classes would be a breeze." Of course, there would be one... issue with setting up shop on campus, but that wasn't a thought she wanted in her mind.

"Scrub the floors though? Really? It's not the military, Ry." She gave another bored glance at her companion, rocking the whole 'retro rapper' bandage deal. Geeze, she wasn't exactly an optimistic person, but he was such a downer. They could so easily go there, have some fun, and lift a few dollars from unsuspecting students. It'd be great.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules   Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 4:49 pm

"It's not the Gift Mastery classes you have to worry about," Ryan muttered, lilac eyes flicking back toward Jessie. "Math. English. Biology. When was the last time you used algebra? Because I sure as hell don't remember any of the formulas. I'm just saying we've got a good gig right now. Leave all that tedious shit for Speedy and his ferret." Edward would probably be enrolled in the school already, and Faris would be tagging along as a pet. If anybody asked him, he'd have said that the shapeshifter was more of a liability to Edward's mission than anything, but nobody ever asked him for his opinion. "If you want to live the highschool life that much, be my guest, but you can count me out."

He straightened up, stretching out his arms and yawning again. "Besides, nothing good's come out of a Patterson going to Beata." There was a small bitter grin as he said it.
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules   Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 11:16 pm

"That's so boring, though!" She was able to keep her voice low, but the irritation was evident in her tone as she glared at Ryan, though it wasn't like he could tell through her sunglasses. "Okay, yeah, I don't care about algebra, but we don't do anything! Well, besides murdering cities, that kinda shit. Whatever." With a frustrated sigh, Jessie leaned back in her chair, making it lift up onto its back legs. She didn't even care much for the whole 'murdering' thing. Pickpocketing was more her speed.

"Are you sure it's just the classwork, though?" A teasing grin formed on her face as she put her chair back down and leaned forward. "Or is it a certain little spark plug that's keeping you away? I'm sure she misses you." There wasn't really a good reason to tease the guy. After all, causing a scene in the city would only lead to trouble. Boredom made one do stupid things, though.
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

Beata Bucks : 8630

PostSubject: Re: Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules   Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 11:49 pm

Aspen had loved her job. Working at a waitress at the cafe was so easy and the job was always so much fun! The blonde had only started working a few weeks ago but she always had baked back at home and she even won a prize at her state fair for making the best cupcakes! So she was quite confident in her cooking skills. The cafe was too busy, in a glance she was able too notice a few customers scattered around although they made just enough money too slide on by. It was also quite a social job and that was an easy task for the autumn she did love meeting new people after-all and Rosebury was filled with many people she had never seen before!

The autumn had an apron tied around her waist that was slightly painted with flour. She also had her long flowy blonde hair tied up in a tight pony-tail. Aspen had glanced around everyone seemed to be doing fine and besides her shift was almost over.. Lamia or Jonathan should be arriving soon. The autumn girl had looked over towards Jessie and Ryan figuring that she'd be friendly and ask how they were doing. They had looked around her age she probably was younger then them though. Walking forwards towards their table Aspen had a smile on her face and a bright look in her violet eyes. "Hi! Is there anything else I can get for you guys?" She had asked with a friendly tone meeting their gazes her smile only growing larger.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules   Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 7:08 pm

They did more than just butchery, but he supposed Jessie didn't really care about those kinds of details. Besides, that wasn't his point. He spent his leisure time how he wanted—sleeping, eating, whatever—without having to conform to a mundane schedule. Work was just work. It was something he could be motivated about at least, and he couldn't say that about a lot of careers.

Her mocking taunts made his eye twitch. He met her eyes, trying his hardest to keep his face the same bored mask as it had been before. "Have no idea what you're talking about." Her name was Katherine. Copper eyes, mousy brown hair, a hint of freckles across her cheeks. He remembered every detail of her face, even if it hurt his head. His internal thoughts almost painted her like an old girlfriend, but if he told the truth, it'd be that she was the one who kicked him through a door during his botched mission to New York City. Their first date hadn't been very pleasant.

The arrival of the waitress broke him out of his dark reminiscing. He gave her a small half-smile. At least not everyone from this school was crazy. "Can I get a turkey sandwich, please?"
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules   Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 am

Jessie grinned, wanting to keep on prodding, but a waitress walked up before she could say anything more. She looked over at the happy girl, wondering how one could look so enthused serving people. Some people just enjoyed paid slavery, she guessed. With a shrug, she shook her head after Ryan ordered a sandwich. "Nah, I'm good. Thanks, cutie." With that, she turned back to Ryan and pushed on with some rather innocent banter. "You should talk to her. Or perhaps I should do that for you." Giving off her best innocent smile, she lifted her coffee back to her lips and drank more.
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules   Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 3:04 pm

The two looked young enough too be students maybe the were new to the school and she hasnt seen them yet? They were quite curious and they talked rather strange she didnt mean too eavesdrop but she had heard slight parts of their conversation leaving the autumn too wonder about them a little bit. The blonde had smiled and nodded quickly she was always happy too help and this guy had a good taste in food turkey sandwhiches were quite the hit in the cafe. "Ooookie coming right uppp!" Aspen had said with a smile slightly glancing over towards Jessie too see if she wanted anything. When she said she didnt and gave her a compliment the blondes eyes twinkled a bit. "Okay if you need anything else just let me know!"

The blonde didnt really understand what Jessie had said but she simply ignored it and walked off to get Ryans turkey Sandwhich. She quickly glanced at the clock that hung above the cashregister, her shift was almost over and since she didnt have anything else too do she could chat with the customers a bit. Aspen had walked back towards Ryan handing him his turkey sandwhich. "So are you guys enrolled in beata?"
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules   Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 5:49 pm

"Talk to her?" He would've liked to think that Jessie was talking about the cute blonde waitress, but he got the sneaking suspicion she meant a certain other electric princess instead. Ryan had to wonder if she was wandering around right now, and if she'd blast the whole Cafe to smithereens if she saw him. "Sorry, I'm on official business. No time for chitchat," he said to Jessie, hushed enough so nobody would overhear.

The waitress was back soon with his sandwich. He took it with a gracious smile and set it in front of him. "Where else?" he replied. "We're kinda new. I just got sorted into Summer." The lie came easily to his lips. "I'm guessing you're enrolled here too then."
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules   Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 8:11 am

Jessie couldn't help but grin at the whole thing, whether it was the no chitchatting part or the whole 'Summer' business. He did it so effortlessly though; it was impressive, to be honest. Finishing off her coffee, she glanced between Ryan and the waitress, changing her grin into a more innocent smile. "Going to school and working too? You must be very busy." Giving her empty coffee cup a little shake just to make sure there was nothing in it - there wasn't anything in it - she then continued, "Oh hey, can I get another one of these?" She held up the cup for emphasis. "Nothing fancy, just black."
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules   Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:19 pm

One of the things she enjoyed the most about this job was making the people smile. With either humor, or just being friendly it was just such a mood-lightning thing too do. A smile could change anyone's day thats how Aspen had looked at it and thats why she came off as a friendly, happy, out-going person too everyone she meets. The blonde nodded eagerly she never knew that they went too Beata after all they weren't wearing their uniforms although that did have a simple explanation after all who would wear those uniforms outside of school anyway? But still.. something seemed a bit off she had never spotted the two at the campus before but Beata was a big school. "My name is Aspen! Aspen Reyes, nice too meet you both!" Aspen had said with a friendly tone as she flashed a bright smile towards both of them. She paused for a moment her eyebrow slightly raising "So is this your first time coming into Rosebury or to the Cafe?" The autumn had asked giving Ryan and Jessie a curious look.

The blonde was surprised slightly when Jessie wanted some more coffee but the worker had nodded eagerly and flashed yet another smile. "Sure that will be right out!" Aspen had said gently taking the cup away from Jessie and moving away from the table too brew the coffee. She came back with her cup as soon as it was finished brewing setting it directly in front of the other student. "Here you go!" The blonde had said as she stepped back and slightly started blushing. "I'm sorry if it doesn't taste as good as the other one did. I'm not very good at making coffee or well.. anything!" Aspen had said chuckling slightly too hide her embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules   Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 11:10 am

This girl - Aspen, apparently - was pretty friendly, it seemed. Jessie didn't recall asking for the girl's name, but she wasn't going to mention it. Instead, she gave a quick glance over to Ryan, wondering what kind of response they should give. He had told the girl that they were newly enrolled, so that might throw a person who was too curious for their own good off the trail. Still, they needed to be linked together with their answers. Well, he'd just have to adapt then, wouldn't he?

"Yup! Well, at least for me it is. I don't speak for everyone." She smiled softly at Aspen, watching as the girl took the answer - and her order - away to the front. She felt like saying something to her companion, but she didn't know what, and soon enough Aspen was back with another cup of coffee. Hmm... Not too sure of herself, is she? "Don't think so lowly of yourself. That'll never do."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules   Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Scouting the School and Skirting the Rules
Page 1 of 1