Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Broken Silence [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11133

Broken Silence [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Broken Silence [Closed]   Broken Silence [Closed] EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 9:21 am

The conservatory was the last place he was expecting to be. The door creaked open as he stepped inside, her green eyes flickering around as his tail twitched. Nobody seemed to be in here...That was a relief. Devin sighed as he let the door close behind him, brushing a hand though his hair, being careful to avoid his horns. Anybody who knew Devin easily knew that he had not been the same since the camping trip. Attacked by a creature seeming called a goatman...it seemed he was the only one to be attacked, and it had almost killed him.

Of course it was not really the goatman that had effected him the most, it had been turning into a demon...Whenever he had been asked about what exactly had happened, he would respond with saying that he didn't recall anything past turning into a demon. But even if that was true, it was clear the whole thing had shaken him badly. He barely spoke to people and avoid people, mostly Leo, and had started to snap at people who wanted to know what had happened. He really didn't want to talk about it. His wounds were finally healing, but yet he was scarred by the event.

He shook his head as he moved past the groups of flowers that sat in the conservatory, heading toward one of the benches in the back. He sat down with a huff, a hand reaching toward his neck and pulled a necklace out from where it remained hidden under his shirt. A small wooden cross hung from the string, something he had brought as soon as he had been able to leave the infirmary. It was a small token, but it made him feel all the better as if it was keeping his demonic side away. He knew it had no such power, but really just thinking that it did was enough for him. Leaning back on the bench, he covered the cross in his fist, muttering soft prayers under his breath as he sat in the silence of the conservatory. Being alone was something he really need right now...
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 9959

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence [Closed]   Broken Silence [Closed] EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 6:33 pm

Unfortunately, Devin wasn't going to get the time he needed. Aleta had followed him in, being careful not to make any noise to alert the boy. While she wasn't the closest of friends to Devin, she couldn't help but worry. He had been acting different since the trip. While sure, it wasn't the most fun of events, especially with Devin's group. But he had been less approachable than usual. Leo had also mentioned that he hadn't seen Devin at their usual time to meet up when they worked out. Which was cause for some disappointment from Leo. He had said that he hoped things would be fine after the trip, however it didn't seem that way.

Aleta stopped before she turned the corner, suddenly wondering why she was doing this. It wasn't out of boredom. Nor was it because of Leo, pushing her to do things. This was something she found herself doing...because she wanted to help. That was it. Aleta wanted to help him. With a sudden burst of motivation and courage, she rounded the corner to see him on the bench, holding something in his hand.

Did he want to be alone?

Fuck it. She was already here.

"Hey, how ya' doin'?" The dark haired student gave him a smile, a stark contrast to what Devin was feeling at that moment. But hell. She found the energy to grin, she's doing it.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence [Closed]   Broken Silence [Closed] EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 8:02 pm

The few moments of silence was welcoming, but when Aleta spoke up, Devin almost jumped out of his skin. His grip on his wooden cross slipped, causing it to swing back into place, resting on his shirt. His green eyes flickered over, almost ready to snap at her for scaring him like that until he realized who it was. His voice died before it even left his mouth, his hand tightening into a slight fist as he quickly averted his gaze away. He had only seen her once, but it was hard to forget Leo's sister. Leo must of sent her, being worried about Devin...While he had started to skip the daily training with Leo, at least he hadn't stopped training all together. He just went after Leo was gone, to avoid running into him. Must of figured that if he was avoiding him, he wouldn't want to talk to him. It seemed the only reason that Aleta would be here, he figured she didn't care enough about him to come by her own will.

He took a deep breath, placing a hand over the wooden cross once more as he finally glanced back at her, a soft frown etched onto his face. "I'm fine," he muttered, a total lie. "What are you doing here, Aleta?" he asked, a cold, slightly bitter tone in his voice. She was going to pester him about how he was feeling, what was wrong...It was normally how people acted when somebody went around like Devin was. He should of seen this coming, he really did but...He wanted more time to think, to get control of himself. He didn't want to face what had happened or at least those who had been there...He had lost control, more then he was sure the others realized.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence [Closed]   Broken Silence [Closed] EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 9:15 pm

The girl froze at his words, eyes narrowing as he spoke. "You're lying." She stated simply, arms coming up to cross her chest. She knew he was lying. It was like an itch, whenever someone lied. Whenever someone said something other than what they meant, she could tell. Aleta was silent for a moment before she spoke again. "I guess you are getting this a lot. Sorry." Her eyes trailed over to the plants in a way to avoid eye contact.

Damn, conversations sucked. How do people do this on a daily basis? How is this easy? Devin obviously didn't want her here. On the other hand, it would be rude to leave right now, wouldn't it? At the thought, she looked back at his face. The frown on his face cased a bit of ire in Aleta. He kept pushing people away. There were plenty of people who would help him. Beata's student body, excluding a few certain people, were more than happy to make someone feel better. Or, at least, that's what Aleta had decided.

Well. The more she thought about it, the less it made since. Who really wanted to tell their life story to some random who appeared and sat next to them? Devin didn't seem like that kind of kid. She closed her eyes for a long moment, trying to understand where the other student was at emotionally. Some people were hard to figure out, Devin being one of those people.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence [Closed]   Broken Silence [Closed] EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 10:01 am

He didn't say a word when Aleta proclaimed he was lying, wondering how she had figured that out. He was sure it was simple to see that he wasn't fine, but he had been saying that lie for days and everybody always seemed to either believe him or think better of saying he was lying...But maybe she just wasn't in the mood for that. When she apologized, he blinked, watching her with a careful gaze in silence as she just kinda stood there. A soft sigh soon escaped him as she scooted over on the bench, giving her enough room to sit down next to him if she wanted as he tucked the cross necklace back under his shirt and out of sight. "I'm...Guessing your brother told you everything that happened?" he said in a low tone, his voice having lost that cold edge but now replace with a slightly sad one.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence [Closed]   Broken Silence [Closed] EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 8:34 pm

Hearing him shuffle, she glanced over at him, head tilted. He was making room for her. Making her way over, she made herself comfortable, not making much eye contact as they both fell silent again. Aleta found herself wanting to say more, yet the words couldn't come to her. It was as if she couldn't put what she felt, or what she thought into words. Luckily for her, Devin spoke instead of her sitting in silence trying to figure out her thoughts.

Nodding her head briefly, Aleta responded. "He did." There was a long pause, her dark eyes turning to Devin, watching him as she spoke. "You shouldn't seclude yourself, or push other people away." Now, she wasn't one to talk, but that wasn't the point at the time. Man. She felt like Leo at this moment.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence [Closed]   Broken Silence [Closed] EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 10:21 pm

So she was going down that route, eh? Devin sighed softly as he stared across the indoor garden before him, shrugging softly. "Maybe your right," he said, his voice soft. His green eyes glimmered as he turned his head just slightly to look at her. "But...I need to sort out everything that happened..." His voice grew softer as he went on, sadness flickering in his eyes. "I didn't tell them everything cause I don't want to burden them." Truthfully, he wasn't sure why ht just admitted he had lied to Leo, Nicola...The others, but he had a strange feeling that lying to Aleta was pointless. Or perhaps, he was tired of just simply lying to his friends. But also the fact those words left his mouth was something he regretted. He was sure that Aleta would now ask what he had withheld - something he had done to spare Leo of hard feelings. But it was to late to take those words back now.

Occ: Look at me, being a bad person by posting at 1:20 in the morning when I start school in five days. I'm gonna regret this.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence [Closed]   Broken Silence [Closed] EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 10:31 pm

A frown formed on her face. Wouldn't friend's help you through that kind of stuff? Devin was a nice kid, from what she picked up. He had to have had some friends to help him out. The dark haired girl knew her brother would be more than willing to help him out. Aleta didn't think pushing people away would help sorting it out at all. One hand fiddled with the edge of her dress, while the other sat on her lap.

The sadness was evident in the boy's voice, causing the girl to turn in her seat to face him, her legs folding into a 'criss-cross-applesauce' pose. Her confident voice was now soft with sympathy, although she honestly did't know what he was going through. Him being sad caused her voice to go quieter. "I don't know much," Aleta spoke, folding her hands out in front of her. "but I do know that you would never be a burden to anyone. Friends are supposed to support each other. No matter what." Where was she getting this? Her brother really was rubbing off on her. Although, was this what she was supposed to say? Or was she pressing the wrong issue? That's what scared her when talking to people.

ooc; Enjoy the summer while it lasts. ;A;
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence [Closed]   Broken Silence [Closed] EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 9:36 am

Devin didn't really take notice of Aleta turning on the bench to face him, his gaze focused on his hands that were folded on his lap. His shoulders sagged as he listened to her, his green eyes flicking darkly as a soft sigh escaped him. Did she not think he didn't already know that? But the whole reason he had not told anyone was because of the burden that would be forced upon some of them. "I know, I know," he finally hissed softly, turning his gaze slightly to look at her. "But..." he waved one of his hands as if trying to summon up the words to say. "B-but...I...I lied to protect Leo..." he finally said in a soft, defeated voice as he let his hand drop back onto his lap. He might as well finally say it, to break the silence of this lie he had been living. "I saw how heartbroken Leo was when I woke up...He didn't like the fact that he had tried to kill me. I couldn't have let them know that I remembered everything about turning into a demon..." A faint smile appeared on his lips as he once again focused on his hands. "Leo would of started begging for forgiveness for attacking me like he did...But how could I ever even say I forgive him when I let my rage and angry control me into attacking him?" The last few words once again slipped into silence, causing Devin to bend his head as he threw his hands over them as he let out a soft whimper. "I...Feel like I had some form of control in that form, yet I still let myself attack Leo...He at least had no idea that it was me, but I knew the moment I had saw him step from the forest that it was him."

Occ: Uh-oh, the bombshell has been dropped. I repeat, the bombshell of truth has been dropped. Everyone, take cover. This ain't gonna be pretty.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence [Closed]   Broken Silence [Closed] EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 9:29 pm

The girl was quiet for a long period of time, mauling over what Devin had admitted. It was neither really Devin or Leo's fault for what had occurred during that Alaska trip. Both of them had no idea what was going to happen, and neither could prepare for it. Her dark eyes stared at a single fold of her dress, not looking in his direction. It must have been hard for him to admit, as that was the reason why he was avoiding everyone. "I think," She started, hesitating as the dark haired girl picked her words. "that you and Leo need to work on your impulses." It wasn't just Devin who fought too, Leo attacked him as well.

Determined, she looked back at his bent head, and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Leo attacked you too, right?" A rhetorical question. No need to answer that, they both knew that he did. "You can work on it together. While you guys do well normally," She paused, putting on a strained smile. "you both suck when it comes to controlling yourselves when fighting." Aleta hoped she was helpful with this. She didn't really know where to go with it. The girl couldn't be angry about him attacking Leo, when Leo attacked him.

ooc; Forumotion didn't tell me you posted. ;A;
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence [Closed]   Broken Silence [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 5:15 am

Work on his impulses? It was far from that easy, causing him to let out a bitter laugh as he lowered his hand to spare a glance at her. His green eyes flickered darkly, even having a faint...Glow to them. “You don’t think I know that? I used to have a good handle on my impulse but a funny thing - being faced with a creature of nightmares - impulses tend to go out the window when you are sure you face certain death,” he retorted, his hands clenched into fists as he stared at Aleta. “But what happened to me and Leo out there...Complete different things. Leo was blinded by hatred for me because I was a demon and he didn’t even know it was I? Me?” Another bitter laugh escaped him, the green glow that flickered in his eyes shining a tad more. “I was well aware of the fact it was Leo, and...Yeah, I suppose in the end I was blinded as well but I threw my first punch willing. A voice in my head telling me every reason I should hate Leo...Then him attacking me? I gave into my demonic side.” He paused, the glow in his eyes fading slightly as his gaze shifted away. “But I also suppose being a Christian isn’t helping with this whole thing...:”

Occ: Its fine~ And it looks like a bit of Devin's demonic energy is leaking thought. I wanted him to somehow snap at her, to show off the fact that his impulses really have gone out the window since the attack but I don't think he would be willing to do that. He's all in the self-loathing thing. But seriously, being a Christian can't be helping with a whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence [Closed]   Broken Silence [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 9:01 pm

Aleta felt it before she saw it. The energy. While she wasn't on par with Leo's ability to sense it, the girl could tell Devin was leaking demonic energy. The glow of his eyes gave her confirmation that this was what was happening. Slowly removing her hand from his shoulder, Aleta brought her hand back to her lap and continued staring at him. It really would be hard to be who he was. A demon who is a Christian. A bit ironic, wasn't it? Something at people were told to hate, praises god.

"Angels versus Demons has been a thing since who knows when." The girl started, her dark gaze watched the plants across from them. "It would be hard to try and fix things, but..." Her eyes narrowed as she thought about her brother. Hopefully it wasn't out of line, but she knew her bother well. "He wouldn't care if you attacked him, or gave in to your power." Her gaze whiped around to face him, a kind of fire in her eyes. "He cares for your well being, and trusts you. Leo wouldn't care that you lied." Her face held her anger for a moment, then it melted away, replaced with a small frown.

"I used to do terrible things to him as a kid..." She trailed off, her sentence left unfinished. It was going to be some kinda comparison between her and Devin. However, she was lost in thought, remembering what she had done as a kid.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence [Closed]   Broken Silence [Closed] EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Devin didn't really react as Aleta went on, his shoulders sagging slightly as she went on, catching the angry look she shot his way only to blink in surprise when it faded. He raised an eyebrow however when she tried to explain what she used to do to Leo as a kid, and couldn't help but smile when she drifted off - clearly already forgetting what she was about to say or something like that. He already had an idea of where this was going, but he figured it would be amusing to hear this so he decided to go along with it. "Oh, really?" he said, trying to push aside what they had just been talking about and focus on whatever Aleta was about to say.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence [Closed]   Broken Silence [Closed] EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 11:34 am

A chuckle escaped her, as she placed a hand over her eyes her face turning a bit red. "I go back and think about what I did, and I realize how mean I was, and a cringe." Where should she start? Maybe to that one year when the family lived in Florida. They had gone to the beach. "I dumped a large bucket of sand on his head at the beach once. He had to sit in the car as we drove home, sand everywhere." Well, once was a stretch. "His first day of school one year, I took one shoe out of every pair and hid them around the house." She paused trying to remember what else she did. "I also hid a lot of his homework, so he'd get in trouble for losing them."

Aleta froze, remembering one of the bigger times. "I threw Leo's pet hamster into the river." That was one of the worst ones she did to him. He loved his hamster. While Aleta wasn't sure exactly what she had been thinking when she did it, she remembered Leo forgiving her a few days later. It confused her then as much as it did now. How could he forgive her for something that hurt him that much? Where was she going with this? Oh, right!

"But the thing is," Her eyes focused on Devin, unwavering. "He forgave me no matter what. He'll do the same to you." Lips pressed together for a moment, she continued her mini-rant. "Avoiding him is only going to make things worse for the both of you." Aleta hoped they were on the same page at this moment.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence [Closed]   Broken Silence [Closed] EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 4:56 pm

As she started to explain, a small laugh couldn't help but escape him as he watched her cover her eyes, going on about the sand, the shoes and homework and...The story about the hamster made him pause however, trying to figure out how he would react if his pet was thrown ed into a river. Of course, he had never had a pet in his life. Sure, his mother had offered once or twice to get him one so he wouldn't be lonely when his father was at work, his sister at school and his mother busy planning the next lesson but he had always turned her down. He would always survive those alone times by reading a book or something, but he always sometimes wished he agreed to them. He might of thought more about it, but when looked at him, he was forced to forget about it as he instead started to focus on her words.

As he had stated over to himself many times during this talk - she was right. She was oh-so right, and he hated to admit it. He had thought he had done the best thing by locking himself away, but it was really hurting himself. He...Did have issues to sort out, mostly that his demonic energy would sometimes show itself when he got angry - which he was more prone to do it seemed - and seeing what it had taken to snap him out of it last time...He didn't want Nicola stabbing him in his arm again as he recalled the flashing pain quiet well.

He leaned back on the chair, breaking his gaze with her as he folded his arms across his chest. "...Fine," he sighed softly, shaking his head. "I...I'll talk to him. But I'm not exactly happy about it." He paused, before deciding to explain that part a bit more. "Y-You're right, I'm sure he will forgive me but...He's one of my best friends here and I don't want to feel like I disappointed him for even a second or two..." Of course, he was happy that Aleta had decided to try to talk to him because if Leo had...Devin was pretty sure he would of gotten here in a moment's notice.

He recalled when Aleta had first showed up at the school - to easily recognize him and seemed rather happy to. The moment he realized that she was Leo's sister, it made him really happy to know that Leo had spoke seemly such high things about him. Leo was a older figure that Devin could really look up to - an idol of sorts. Being an 'angel' really helped that image as well but as Leo was an angel, Devin was a demon. A demon who hated being one. He...he feared how Leo would react to knowing that Devin had lied, and yeah...It wasn't hard to see Leo forgiving him with the whole angel thing, but as he had said, Leo was one of his best friends and he didn't want to disappoint him. Sure, he was sure it would happen at some point but he had thought he was doing the right thing - protecting Leo from the truth that he recalled him trying to kill him. He was sure Leo would take it hard, but it seemed that it was simply the wrong choice on his part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence [Closed]   Broken Silence [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Broken Silence [Closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next