Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

The Last Day [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9280

The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 8:45 pm

Well.. this situation wasn't new.. not really at all. Magic was quite used to this. Police wanting to arrest him, except these weren't Chicago police. He didn't want to deal with them at the moment but they head Laine, and Vincent. What was he going to do? How did they even know that Laine and Vince were involved? They just tried to keep people away. There was no way he was going to get arrested today.. They needed to get back and would rather not have an angry headmaster have to show up to whatever city Illinois.

It kind of pleased Mason to see that Warren had coughed up blood. He probably dealt enough damage that they wouldn't had to deal with him for a while. He was probably going to have to heal up for a couple months.

Magic didn't put his hands up nor did he do anything violent. Well he was going to get out of this situation. He took a deep breath trying to calm down. He needed to get control again. He was going to try something that he hadn't done before. Carefully the boy emitted a sound of 19 hrtz which was the resonant frequency of the human eyeball any second now the police officers would be blinded. While doing so Magic focused and directed the sound away from Laine and Vince's face protect them from the effects.

After waiting for a moment, the cops were completely blind at this point. They wouldn't randomly fire their guns being blind. It was straining on the boy but he was keeping it up. Magic walked over to Lamia, and picked up up. He nodded to Laine and Vincent basically telling them to break free, and get to the car so that they could leave.

Vincent and Laine watched as the cops started to panic slightly from not being able to see. Random words escaped them as they tried to figure out what to do. Taking the chance the older boy, and the younger boy broke free of the cops that held them, avoiding any attempts to re-grab them. If they could make it back to Chicago they would be safe.

The four quickly jumped into Laine's car and sped off. The cops would be regaining their vision shortly, though they would be having a hard time trying to find where the four went. The four where on their way back to Chicago to go home. Magic knew that Lamia needed help, but he feared that if they stayed any longer then they would just get into more trouble.. but she might be worth the risk.. "Laine take us hospital in Chicago. We need to get Lamia help before she goes home.. The police there wouldn't try to do anything.. so we should be safe." The driver nodded, and continued on his path back to the city.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10530

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 9:34 pm

Policemen all over drew into panic, many with their hands shaking as they held their guns tighter, their vision completely black and blank as though there was a smog that prevented them from seeing any further. Most clenched their eyes closed and tried to blink it back open, but nothing appeared. After awhile, one shouted that they could see again and many managed to get a clear grasp on the situation. All three boys had disappeared along with the girl without a trace. The chief sheriff quickly barked orders, hassling the others and scolding the police who had held onto Vincent and Laine for letting them go without a fight. As they were in a disarray, they couldn't hear who was saying what and what other commands they should be following.

It was a complete mess.

By the time they reached the car and were on the move, Lamia showed no signs of moving or waking up, only loose strings of phrases that couldn't be made out into coherent sentences. She was completely limp, her skin a shade paler, and beads of sweat formed at the top of her forehead as her strength completely failed her. Nothing raced through her head, nothing raced inside her chest, as though she had faded away with only a tiny thread of life keeping her clung there. Hushed, barely perceptible breaths flowed in and out like a rush of water, too quickly for it to be considered normal.

The vehicle had neared the hospital entrance, and her condition didn't show any signs of improving. Her eyes tried to flutter open, to try and see the outside world, but she was completely restrained, drugged down to the very last dose. She couldn't move or call out for help, or even move her fingers. All of those efforts were completely fruitless. And there was only the suffocating, drowning sense that she was completely lost somewhere no one could reach her, where no one wanted to go; the sensation that bubbled at her chest was crushing, painful like a stake had been driven through there and impaled her.

Whatever pokes or prods or touches there were, they felt completely dull, like cotton grazing across her skin. At some points, she felt like she couldn't breath, couldn't hear whatever it was that was happening around her, couldn't pay attention to the muffled, distorted voices around her, because she was warped in this darkness that was growing inside. And it was excruciating.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 11:11 am

After the four got into the car, Magic felt a bit sluggish and tired. He did push his power over the limit so that is probably why he was so fatigued.. He didn't even account for the fact that Lamia's dangerous power was currently active, and had time sucked away from him while he carried her to the car. He didn't even mind the wound in his leg from Warren's knife.  It wasn't really a bad wound.. It wouldn't cost him his life or anything so he removed the knife from his leg. Yes he was bleeding but it was nothing to bad.

He placed a hand over the wound on his leg and applied pressure. Yeah he was probably gonna have to get stitches for it or something. It was going to be a bit painful, but he would deal with it. Mason let his head fall back against the head rest of the back seat. His breathing a bit heavy, as his mouth was open to allow more air into his lungs. He needed a hospital visit as well it seemed.

Once the three got to the hospital Laine notified some of the doctors and nurses about Laima, and Mason's conditions. Lamia was immediately taken back. While Mason had to wait for a little bit. Once he was taken back a nurse stitched up his wound on his leg. It hurt but now that it was closed it was going to be less painful than having an open wound. One of the nurses tried to pry out of him what had happened to his leg, and he made up a story that his friend was drugged, and that he got stabbed in the leg trying to help her. Well it was true but at the same time it was sort of made up.  Some how the nurse didn't quite believe him for some reason.. but he didn't bother responded when she tried to pry more..

After he was done Magic sat in Lamia's room waiting for her to wake up. The doctors cleared her system of the drug, and said she was going to have a couple bruise from where she was hit, and dropped. They also said she would be waking up soon, and after she did they needed to do a quick check then she would be cleared to leave. Mason was already cleared to leave but he wanted to wait for her to wake up. Vincent and Laine where currently out getting food at the moment. Mason didn't feel like eating at the moment. He just sat in a chair and his arms rested on his legs and kept his eyes on the ground. "I'm sorry... This is all my fault..." He said in a soft tone.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 6:55 pm

Voices kept following around her, echoing through her mind, only for nothing to be heard without some kind of distortion like there was fabric taped right to their mouths, dampening each and every sound to a windswept silence. She could've sworn someone was moving moving her, and slowly, ever so slowly, the sounds kept getting louder and louder. They started to sound clearer and more distinguishable, but there wasn't a sentence that could be pieced together. Soon enough she realized that her body was just a dead weight, pressing down onto a bed, the fabric soft between her touch. There wasn't any control she had over herself, from trying to move her fingers to her toes to even trying to lift her neck up. All of them had the same result. At one point, a woman had come in, opened her eyes and shined a light in them. It felt a bit nice to see - if just for a bit -, but it was so blurry that she couldn't tell what was happening. All that sounded was a sigh and the door closed behind, and it was back to the same darkness.

The same state that she had to go through, sleeping through a consciousness that she was aware of. Something she couldn't break free from on her own, like she was laying in her own personal prison, shards of crystals trapping her inside. There wasn't any way she could penetrate against how dense and hard they were, and all she could do was wait... hoping that someone would break them open to set her free. It was like she was a bird trapped inside a cage, waiting for someone to open up the gate so she could flap her wings and fly into the high, blue sky.

A small groan escaped her, and her eyelids felt heavy as they tried to flutter open, the weights of cement hanging onto them. There wasn't anything except a wash of bright light, completely white and unseeing and she couldn't focus on anything in front of her. Lamia took a sharp intake of air, blinking a few more times as her eyes traveled towards the source of a voice, not too far off. Or was the person a lot further? It felt eerily familiar, but at the same time, she couldn't recall anything, her head throbbing in pain. She felt so light-headed.

It was then that she noticed how weak she really was, something sharp piercing into her skin and digging into it. Shakily, her hands came up to rub her eyes, trying to clear her vision out. At least it did some good when she saw the IVs and tubes attached to her skin, and she could make out the figure that was right at the side of her cot. Disheveled dark hair with gray-green eyes.

Her mind finally registered his words: I'm sorry. This is all my fault.

"I-It's m-m-my fault... I-I'm s-sorry for g-getting you c-c-caught up with m-me," a weak smile came across her face as she slowly sat up, her hand firmly set on the bed to support herself. Her body felt so stiff, so rigid, so rough, and her heart was quickening, racing inside her chest. She wasn't sure she quite remembered what happened, and that scared her.

All she needed was to apologize... there wasn't any way that anything - whatever happened - was someone else's fault if she was involved.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Magic looked up when he heard Lamia's voice. He just thought she was apologizing in her sleep or something, but no. She was awake this time. There was no way he was letting her take the blame for this.. It was his fault.. If he hadn't suggested going to the water park then they would have been fine.. If he didn't get frustrated with her before she fell then she wouldn't have fallen back into the river, and dragged away by that guy... It was all his fault.. "No Lamia.. It was all my fault.. It was my fault you got hurt.. I should have acted sooner.. I should have done something sooner.. he wouldn't have escaped then.. and we probably wouldn't have been here right now.."

Mason looked back down to the ground again on of his hands ran through his hair. He was going to take the blame and feel guilty about it even if she insisted it was her fault in the end.. He knew something was up but didn't act until it was almost too late.. There was so much he could have done.. He could have protected her better.. She didn't deserve the disaster he brought with him everywhere he went.. Her life was hard enough as it was.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 7:57 pm

His fault? No, no, absolutely no. Everything was shaking, quivering like an arrow whizzing past and landing a bulls-eye. Goddamn, her head hurt so much and she couldn't think. There wasn't anything she could do. She felt so helpless, so pathetic, so vulnerable, so fucking lost and weak. Lamia wanted to fight back, she really wanted to, but she couldn't find the words right then and there, as if she didn't know how to talk and had to learn it all over again. She wanted to slip away and to struggle on her own, to do something with a body that was so weak, feeling entirely numb and limp. It wasn't that she physically couldn't - no - it was more like something inside her had been zapped away, like a fire that was extinguished inside her. The only thing she could think of was how everything went wrong just because she didn't try to resist anything; she let it all happen without lifting a finger.

Drawing her arms closer to herself, Lamia tried to move a bit more, only to no avail. She was just a fucking brick with arms and legs. She took a deep, shaky breath, trying to calm herself down enough to find the words to speak. "I-I c-can't l-let---" Her eyes clenched closed, and she took another breath. Although she was trying, the words were spilling out with guilt and she couldn't control her own voice, her mind speaking for her, "Th-th-there's n-no w-way... I-I-I kn-knew that... h-he was w-w-watching us... fr-fr-from the moment w-we entered." There was a soft giggle, dainty and light as it left her lips. "I-I didn't s-s-say anything b-b-because... I-I didn't want y-you to worry... and st-still have fun."

God, she was being so fucking pathetic in front of him. She barely noticed the tears that began to spring up from her eyes, rolling down and trickling without her consent. Lamia wanted to laugh harder, to try and lighten up the mood, but nothing came to mind. All she could do was shake, her bangs falling over her eyes as her head lowered. She wanted to hide. To stop him from seeing her like this. To stop all of this from happening. To stop giving people all of her misfortunes. It wasn't fair.

"B-but I-I-I c-can't e-even do that..."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 8:31 pm

Magic shook his head and let out a sigh.. "Lamia I was already worried at that point because I knew something was up from how you voice sounded.. The voice gives away so much.." He said kind of mumbling the last part. If someone had his hearing and listened to his voice they would notice how the voice gave away so much. Even a person who kept there voice steady had some crack something in their voice that people wouldn't normally hear but someone like Magic could hear it, and tell there is something is up.

It was still his fault in his opinion.. he didn't notice anything when he should have. As soon as Lamia said something to him, he should have been on alert or at least looked for something.. but all he did was just take one look around and disregarded it. He should have done more. His hand reached up and grabbed the pendant that hung around his neck. It was the necklace Lamia gave him this morning.. He let silence grow between the two of them.. Someone could easily tell he was a bit depressed about the whole situation..

He needed to change the subject.. The boy stood up from his chair and walked over to the side of Lamia's bed, and pushed the button that called for a nurse. "The doctors said they needed to check you over one more time before you are cleared to leave.. I was already cleared to leave a while ago.." He said to her. His tone giving away his mood. He limped slightly on his injured leg but that was because it was slightly uncomfortable to put all of his weight on it.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 11:59 pm

She didn't care about how he managed to figure out through her own voice, not at all. Lamia was more worried about how off Magic seemed, how much more brooding he was. Why was he blaming this all on himself? How could it even be his fault? It didn't make any sense. Everyone was always fine with her taking the blame, because that meant they would be staying out of trouble. Magic wouldn't get off her case about it, though, insisting that she wasn't the one to have caused all of this. Nonononono. He already had enough to handle about himself - why did he even worry about her? She was just another person who hadn't really done much, or rather, couldn't do much. It would've been better if they never met... for his own sake. All she did was give him more and more problems with each passing moment.

Her eyes traveled slowly towards his leg as he came closer, his hand almost smashing the button open. Wait, what? Doctors? Check up? Goddammit, she still couldn't figure out what exactly happened. Everything in her mind was just a jumbled up mess of scribbles and cobwebs, as though a gear inside had stopped working and wouldn't give her the right memory. "Wh-why..." Her voice came out slow, unsteady, and Lamia was scared to ask this question. So terrified that she immediately changed the subject as soon as she realized what she was doing. "I-I... uhm... I-I-I'll heal th-that f-for you." It hurt trying to shift up and towards the side of the cot towards him. She wasn't going to let him give an answer.

Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath, counting to ten mentally as her eyes completely glazed over to blue, searching through her archives to catch how much time she had stored left. 17 years, 6 months, and 1 day... Wait, hold on. Didn't she have a month less before? Immediately, she paled, her body going through immediate shock as soon as the injury stitched itself away, the skin revealing a perfection. Her hand awkwardly dangled where it was, trembling as the yellow light dissolved from the tips of her palms. Shitshitshit... When did she... Or who...?

Lamia couldn't move, terrified of whatever damage she could've caused. Was that where he...? No, no, no. Stop thinking about that. Stop it. Stop it. Stop, stop, stop it. She didn't want to find out. But at the same time, she couldn't stop her arm from shaking and rattling, her entire form clutching onto each and every tremor. Slowly a small smile worked its way to her lips, and if he looked back, there would've been a reassuring expression that nothing was wrong.

But if he looked closer, from behind her bangs and tried to look into her eyes, he would see the tears that threatened to spill out, to never reverse their flow. Those nightmares... they couldn't happen now. They couldn't. She wasn't going to...

"Hehe..." That was all she could do. Try and laugh it off. That was the only way she could try and dismiss it. Not another word left her, and she didn't utter any other sound besides a faint, hysterical giggle. If he had, if he had gotten hurt because of her... Lamia didn't want to think about what could've happened because of her gift. What if there was more that she had stolen...?
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 9:55 am

He couldn't stop her.. She didn't even wait for his answer. He didn't want to be healed.. He could deal with the wound.. He has dealt with worse before.. He tried to step away but she was already done, and the wound was gone. He gritted his teeth slightly.. He didn't want to be healed. She was the one who needed to be healed not him. He could deal with a stab wound easily...

Magic looked away from the girl, and sat back down in his chair. From this angle he was able to see that his friend was about to cry. "So what is this dangerous power called that Warren said you had? And don't try to pass it of like he was lying.. Because I know you have a dangerous power, just don't know what it is..." His sentence trailed off as he heard footsteps approaching the room. It must have been the nurse.

His guess was right when the door started to open. Instantly he made himself look a littler happier and hid his leg from view so the nurse wouldn't ask questions. The nurse entered the room. She was a middle age looking woman. She had brown hair that was tied up into a bun. "It's good to see that you are awake Ms. Weston." The nurse spoke. "Never knew Laine had a little sister.. I hope Mason over there isn't bothering you. I know how much of a pain he can be."

"Really Nyla? She is my friend I don't think she would consider me a bother." Mason said.

"You never know. Anyway, we have already notified a doctor. He should be here shortly then we can get started with you check." The nurse said to Lamia. Nyla then wrote a couple things down on the clip board that she held.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:33 am

As soon as Magic asked about her gift, Lamia was knocked out of her trance, and she flinched back immediately. Holding the wrist of the hand that healed him close to her chest, her fingers curled and uncurled, as though she was making sure that blood didn't stain them because she made another stupid mistake. She couldn't stop the tears, couldn't stop shaking. How could she? She was so scared of hurting anyone else... why couldn't people just leave her alone in the dark? There was no use when her name was already plastered around as a representative of the Winter house; she didn't need people asking her about her own life. But that was slowly becoming a subject that was more common. Why? She wasn't interesting at all. Slowly, she took another shaky breath, trying to figure out an answer, "I-it's r-really n-n-no---" Her voice was cut off when she heard the door open and a nurse walked in. At least she didn't have to answer, now... Unless he pushed for it. Please don't...

Lamia smiled softly, drying her eyes on her sleeve to hide that she had been crying. Her body still wasn't cooperating with her, a complete dead weight of bricks weighing on her. Every movement took a painstaking amount of time. She stayed quiet for awhile, listening to the conversation as she wrung her fingers, half-wishing she couldn't hear anything, half-wishing that they'd just shut up. It hurt to hear more voices, her head throbbing from a pain that she couldn't get to stop ringing through her mind. Gazing at the cold, plain bed - the IVs still hanging loosely as they attached themselves through her skin -, and she realized at last, that she was referred to as Laine's sister.

. . .

. . .

At least he didn't know her last name. Another sweet giggle escaped her, and she replied quietly, "I-I-I th-think I-I'm the b-b-bother... W-with how s-s-sick I a-am." In a way, it was the truth. She wasn't really able to do much because she was so weak, so frail, that she wound up holding everyone back to wait for her. Maybe she was just lagging behind. But no. It wasn't that she was just sick. It was that she was completely, utterly useless.

Giving an almost imperceptible nod, Lamia turned her eyes back down to her hands. Everything was still such a blur... what exactly happened? What made her gift decide to activate and hurt someone else? But the one thing she got out of the whole conversation was that word: friend. It was such a familiar word, something she was so used to hearing, but every time it was used on her, Lamia felt that it was completely out of place. She didn't know the first thing about having an actual friend; all she's done was hurt everyone she knew.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 11:04 am

Mason was about to open his mouth an argue with her on how Lamia wasn't a bother but the doctor had walked in the room, and soon after they started the check. Magic just sat back and watched as the did some things, and other things. He still didn't quite understand what everything was, and what certain things were for even though he had been to this hospital numerous times in his life. He knew most of the nurses and doctors here, and so did Laine. Honestly the nurses were kind of surprised he didn't show up with more damages than he had.

After the check was done the doctor told them how Lamia was fine, and cleared to leave and that they would be bring a wheel chair to help her move back to the car seeing how she was still sluggish. They gave the girl some pain medicine, and cleared out of the room. Nyla would be back soon with a wheel chair for Lamia to take her to the car. During the process Magic received a message from Vince, saying that he and Laine had returned.

Magic responded to the text and put his phone back into his pocket. He looked at Lamia. "Please tell me what your gift is.." He said, his tone returning back to what it was before Nurse Nyla had appeared. "I know it's not healing.. and I know you can kill people with it.." He said. There wasn't really anyway way she could get out of this one.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 11:34 am

There were many reasons why she hated hospitals, but the check-ups were pretty high on her list. As the doctors went through with everything, she managed to mentally list off each and every instrument they were using. Lamia stayed completely silent, complying with each order they gave without question. They kept talking to her like she was a child that needed to be fretted over, as though she needed to calm down, and that she was unable to do anything to help herself right now. Maybe that was true. Her mind was still lagging behind in a slow process, trying to work everything together as a cold piece of metal was stuck on her chest, listening for a heartbeat that was faint and light. They had shined a flashlight in her eyes and did other things that she hardly paid attention to, save for when they asked her to move a bit or something. Or they did everything for her.

Her eyes had shifted back to gold, and she kept glancing at the shoulder that held her clock, listening internally as it continued to tick away with each and every second. A wave of anxiety washed over her, clenching onto her very existence. Did her sleeve move or anything? Did he even pay attention to her right now? Awkwardly, Lamia wandered to where Magic was, and to her relief, he was on his phone and probably messaging Vincent or Laine. It didn't seem like he had batted an eyelid in her direction.

As the doctor assisted her in swallowing the pills, Lamia's heart began to race. Once he left, she knew... Magic was going to ask again. From his entire posture, she could see that he had been waiting to speak up, to get some sort of answer towards who she actually was. Why did that matter? It shouldn't... It wouldn't be right for anyone else to know. Her eyes shut closed as she took another shaky breath. He sounded desperate. Worried. Completely crestfallen. Why...? She started to seem lost, almost wanting to freak out again.

After waking up, she wanted to find it comforting that someone bothered to care about her own safety and how well she was feeling, but she couldn't bring herself to that point. No. Nothing good came out of learning about who she was. Nothing. The questions couldn't stop stirring in her mind, and she put as much eloquence as she could in these words. "Hehe... I-I-It's r-really n-nothing..."

She wanted to hide, to drive away her problems, to never face them up front. Lamia gave him a feeble smile, and lightheartedly, she apologized again, "I-I'm s-s-sorry... I-It's better y-you d-d-don't know."

For both of our sakes... Please stop asking.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 12:44 pm

Magic clenched his teeth at her response.. How was it better if he didn't know? "How is it better if I didn't know? I already know your gift is capable of healing and taking a life! Does it have something to do with time?" He asked. That was really the only thing he could think of as a gift that was able to heal, and kill at the same time. If she didn't tell him he was most likely going to figure it out on his own.. This whole thing frustrated him. Why could she never tell him anything? He trusted her.. why couldn't she trust him?

He closed his eyes trying to calm down his emotions to keep himself from breaking anything or destroying something. He needed to be calm especially after what had just happened.. He was so close to losing control of his gift.. so close to emitting sound waves into the ground and causing an earthquake, and badly damaging many people.. He came so close to killing so many people... and he couldn't deal with that...
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 1:14 pm

Her gift... no. If that was the one thing she had to keep a secret, it was her gift. They were completely rewinding back towards this morning, where they argued back about the same exact thing, where he tried to pry her open and figure her out. Sure, there were those few select people at the school who actually knew what she could do, but those were under completely different circumstances. She only told Juliette because her power had activated and she nearly killed the older girl on her first day of school; she only told Keirsta because the Autumn prefect was trying to comfort her and she should give her at least the courtesy to answer that question. But here? If Magic knew, he'd be getting himself caught up in a situation where dread was constantly rushing at him, like something terrible would be happening now, and he would be forced to run. It would be like drowning, suffocating, and being crushed under a weight that no one else should be holding. Like a stake had been driven right through your body, impaling you. Like you were being chained down to the depths of the abyss and couldn't break free from your fate. No, it wouldn't be fair to give him her troubles.

Magic was upset with her, and she immediately felt guilty.

She made a huge fucking mistake trying to involve him with her in the first place.

Lamia flinched back, her hands clenching on the fabric as her nails dug in, as though it would release her anxiety if she forced it onto something else. She couldn't... she just couldn't do this. He wouldn't have had any problems if she just stayed out of his way or told him to leave when she got the chance at the forest. They wouldn't have ever gotten closer or argued or anything. He would've just been some faceless stranger who happened to be her prefect partner, and that was all there would've been to it. Why? Why was she always pulling someone else down with her?

She couldn't stop her heart from racing faster, beating at an erratic rhythm that a professional drummer couldn't play. There wasn't anything that could stop the sudden maelstrom of emotions stirring inside her chest. Like a broken record, she couldn't stop repeating the same words, "I-I'm s-s-sorry... I-I'm s-s-sorry..." Another weak gasp for air escaped her, and her voice came out softer than before. "I-I'll t-tell... y-you... o-o-one day."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 1:43 pm

He just stayed silent.. He did it again.. He really needed to stop pushing people.. Thinking that telling him would gain him something... or help her in some way.. no he was just an idiot.. Just a selfish idiot.. Why was it that he cared for her so much? .. Why only her? Normally he didn't really care about anyone this way..If it came down to it he would choose himself over anyone else but now.. if he had to choose between his life or hers, he wasn't too sure..

The boy let out a sigh.. He stood from his chair and looked out the window.. He should have just left everything alone.. He should have just helped her then didn't ask about her gift or anything because now they were both worked up and that wasn't good for anyone..

He heard the nurse approaching once again with a wheel chair. He turned around and replaced his depressed look for one slightly more positive, and stood behind the chair so the Nurse Nyla wouldn't question why there wasn't a stitched up wound on his leg. The door swung open and Nyla walked inside with a wheel chair in front of her. "Alright Ms. Weston. It's time for you to go home. Mason will assist you if you need help getting into the chair." After she said that Magic walked over to the side of the bed that the chair was on. He just stood there. He wasn't going to help her unless she wanted the help..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Last Day [CLOSED]
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next